Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
what a great man manager 06:37 - Aug 10 with 5993 viewsvetchonian

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/angry-russell-martin-

Again takes no blame directing it elsewhere really good man management...he made the changes not only on personnel but formation as Jasper mentioned elsewhere we have a young midfielder being asked to play out of position on his debut......

Martin is a liability I'm sure the players will be very motivated to work for him after that I hope Joey is knocking on his door telling him a few home truths

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

what a great man manager on 06:54 - Aug 10 with 3452 viewsDr_Parnassus

My goodness, this is becoming truly shocking now. Not a single ounce of accountability.

You have to think that if the majority of the players haven’t already privately turned on him, then they will have now.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

what a great man manager on 06:55 - Aug 10 with 3446 viewsDr_Parnassus

Out of interest, is there anyone still defending this guy?

what a great man manager on 07:13 - Aug 10 with 3416 viewspencoedjack

It’s not the 1st time we’ve thrown away a lead recently Martin.

You might conveniently forget but we don’t.
what a great man manager on 07:19 - Aug 10 with 3391 viewsvetchonian

what a great man manager on 06:54 - Aug 10 by Dr_Parnassus

My goodness, this is becoming truly shocking now. Not a single ounce of accountability.

You have to think that if the majority of the players haven’t already privately turned on him, then they will have now.

he should realise when you point a finger at some one you are pointing 3 fingers back at yourself

what a great man manager on 07:37 - Aug 10 with 3339 viewsDr_Parnassus

what a great man manager on 07:19 - Aug 10 by vetchonian

he should realise when you point a finger at some one you are pointing 3 fingers back at yourself

The bloke literally promotes dangerous passes around our own box (for very little gain I may add), yet he blames the players when it goes wrong.

Change your ethos then you moron, it’s not a coincidence.

The bloke is stuck in a 2010 time warp. Football has moved on and it’s such a terrible version of possession football that it wouldn’t have worked back then either.

He’s deluded.

what a great man manager on 07:41 - Aug 10 with 3339 viewsBrynmill_Jack

what a great man manager on 07:19 - Aug 10 by vetchonian

He’s hiding behind youngsters.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

what a great man manager on 08:17 - Aug 10 with 3279 views3swan

what a great man manager on 07:41 - Aug 10 by Brynmill_Jack

He’s hiding behind youngsters.

He hides behind everything.

Young team etc

Last night the experienced players not helping after the subs. Not noticing there wasn't a lot of experience left on the pitch.

He hides behind the Swansea Way.

He's not inventing a style of play. He's playing out his ego at the expense of players, fans and the club
what a great man manager on 08:28 - Aug 10 with 3233 viewsunion_jack

what a great man manager on 06:55 - Aug 10 by Dr_Parnassus

Reading the replies on Twitter there are more than I thought. Totally flabbergasted.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

what a great man manager on 08:36 - Aug 10 with 3214 viewsraynor94

Even I'm running out of excuses, and I have backed him from day one .

I honestly thought this season would be better.

But his comments after last night's game were totally unacceptable.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

what a great man manager on 08:43 - Aug 10 with 3178 viewsDr_Parnassus

what a great man manager on 08:36 - Aug 10 by raynor94

I have never advocated showing vocal displeasure at a manager, but I think I do in this instance.

He uses the fans as an excuse and also uses the fans to justify reasoning in his head. Often says we are patient and understand what he is doing… he needs to know the fans don’t think it’s acceptable. The less avenues for excuses he has the better and the sooner he has to face the realities of his management the better.

At the moment I truly believe he thinks there is nothing wrong with his system and everyone involved at the club is fine with it.

I’ve never seen a more deluded character at the club and needs a proverbial cold bucket of water in the face wake up call, which can only come by denting his ego - which a vocal display would do.

We are wasting precious months and years under this man. We are being used as his vanity project, nothing more.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 9:01]

what a great man manager on 08:58 - Aug 10 with 3151 viewsonehunglow

Ray.
We re cool
You love the club ,as do I.We have no choice. This is part of us.

We react in different ways
Frankly,if I were a younger man,I would be looking to confront this chap and knock him out.He makes me that angry . I really really saw my backside when HE said HE would be looking to make us a proper club. I’m said before,like many who have lost family who were Swans fans,Martin insults them all.
Sorry Keith but we have to ramp the pressure up on him. The time has come to say enough is enough.

I’m glad I live where I do.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

what a great man manager on 09:16 - Aug 10 with 3134 viewsYrAlarch

What I find disappointing in terms of management skills is that he is saying things in public that he should be saying to the players behind closed doors.
I don't expect confidence is running very high in the Squad at the present time and he is doing nothing to rectify that as far as I can see.
what a great man manager on 09:22 - Aug 10 with 3120 viewsFireboy2

Agree with you rayns, he is starting to do my head in.

I just pray that he gets it right, not for him but for the club I love and for my fellow jacks.

If we don't pick up at least 2 wins before the end of August he should go as its going to take a while for a new manager to stamp their mark on the team.
what a great man manager on 09:25 - Aug 10 with 3112 viewsItchySphincter

Backing him from day one was the right thing to do. Now you can make an informed judgement. That’s fair and reasonable. I backed him too, like I have all of our managers, even though his manner made me a little uncomfortable. People who took against him before a ball was kicked had a 50/50 chance of being proven right. There’s no expertise in that, just a lucky shot.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

what a great man manager on 09:28 - Aug 10 with 3109 viewsItchySphincter

what a great man manager on 09:16 - Aug 10 by YrAlarch

What I find disappointing in terms of management skills is that he is saying things in public that he should be saying to the players behind closed doors.
I don't expect confidence is running very high in the Squad at the present time and he is doing nothing to rectify that as far as I can see.

100%. Basic management skills, tear them a new one in private, be a barrier in front of them in public.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

what a great man manager on 09:28 - Aug 10 with 3100 viewsDr_Parnassus

what a great man manager on 09:25 - Aug 10 by ItchySphincter

Backing him from day one was the right thing to do. Now you can make an informed judgement. That’s fair and reasonable. I backed him too, like I have all of our managers, even though his manner made me a little uncomfortable. People who took against him before a ball was kicked had a 50/50 chance of being proven right. There’s no expertise in that, just a lucky shot.

Don’t know many (if any) that did that though.

What I saw on here was people explaining in great detail why his game plan is flawed, reasoning that has now become the accepted realisation. From what I remember everyone backed him early on and slowly as the weeks went by became more critical of what they were seeing.

Nothing lucky about that.

what a great man manager on 10:17 - Aug 10 with 3007 viewsTenbySwan

I was extremely dissapointed and upset when I read his comments.

Pointing his finger at the players who are playing under rigid instructions.

I was dissapointed when Cooper went and very when Potter left but I will be glad when this prat leaves, as I was when Bob Bradley, Carvahal and even Alan Cork left. The sooner he goes the better.

He has lost the fans, and the players dont look too impressed
what a great man manager on 10:32 - Aug 10 with 2970 viewsKeithHaynes

There are always two sides mate, but it is becoming increasingly difficult.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

what a great man manager on 10:36 - Aug 10 with 2955 viewsvetchonian

what a great man manager on 10:32 - Aug 10 by KeithHaynes

The evidence is stacked against him....I find it hard to see how he can be defended

what a great man manager on 10:40 - Aug 10 with 2935 viewsmagicdaps10

what a great man manager on 10:32 - Aug 10 by KeithHaynes

Certainly is Keith, that's why I am not making a big song and dance 2 games into the league season.

Been quiet this week as I am away in Majorca, so my absence is only for a short period.

Spoken to Boro, Coventry, Blackburn and QPR fans this week.....all see us as a mid table club. Got into a discussion with them about some wanting the club to get rid of Martin, the response as you could understand was only after 2 games!!!
Discussed that some think we were better than 15th and should be pushing for the play offs
😂😂 Was the reaction.

Boro fan is very knowledgeable, didn't know much about Wood 😂 so no news to pass on sorry.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

what a great man manager on 10:41 - Aug 10 with 2930 viewsCatullus

what a great man manager on 09:28 - Aug 10 by ItchySphincter

100%. Basic management skills, tear them a new one in private, be a barrier in front of them in public.

That's how Ferguson did it, defended them to the hilt in public and tore them apart in the dressing room.

Martin is failing at every aspect, he needs to quit or be sacked before he destroys the players and maybe our club is doomed to relegation.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

what a great man manager on 11:22 - Aug 10 with 2869 viewsvetchonian

what a great man manager on 10:40 - Aug 10 by magicdaps10

Certainly is Keith, that's why I am not making a big song and dance 2 games into the league season.

Been quiet this week as I am away in Majorca, so my absence is only for a short period.

Spoken to Boro, Coventry, Blackburn and QPR fans this week.....all see us as a mid table club. Got into a discussion with them about some wanting the club to get rid of Martin, the response as you could understand was only after 2 games!!!
Discussed that some think we were better than 15th and should be pushing for the play offs
😂😂 Was the reaction.

Boro fan is very knowledgeable, didn't know much about Wood 😂 so no news to pass on sorry.

But as it is getting said its not just two games is it?

There was the whole of last season where we were asked to be patient the last 10 games of the season were not exactly great were they?

You missed Saturdays debacle and then last night his game management was aweful and he blames it on the players

I admire your loyalty funny when it was suggessted we should use the closing games of last season to blood youngsters you were dead against as we had an outside chance of the play offs!!

I said it last year he is a fraud had no managerial nous you do not do what you did last night as a manager you defend your team in public but behind closed doors you can attack...there were a lot of young players out there last night whose heads he will have messed up after making those comments

And as is becoming increasingly obvious he has no idea about how to win football matches apart from "defend with mentality and eventually they will stop running"
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 11:25]

what a great man manager on 11:55 - Aug 10 with 2802 viewsDr_Parnassus

what a great man manager on 10:40 - Aug 10 by magicdaps10

😂😂 Was the reaction.

Never known someone put so much importance in people’s opinions that rarely if ever watch us play via any capacity. That’s if these discussions happened at all of course.

I always find it fascinating that someone goes away for a week and bumps into fans of all championship clubs who all have an opinion on Swansea.

what a great man manager on 11:58 - Aug 10 with 2797 viewsonehunglow

what a great man manager on 11:55 - Aug 10 by Dr_Parnassus

Never known someone put so much importance in people’s opinions that rarely if ever watch us play via any capacity. That’s if these discussions happened at all of course.

I always find it fascinating that someone goes away for a week and bumps into fans of all championship clubs who all have an opinion on Swansea.

I go away and speak to no bugger I don’t know .

You never what people are like

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

what a great man manager on 11:59 - Aug 10 with 2787 viewsDr_Parnassus

what a great man manager on 11:22 - Aug 10 by vetchonian

But as it is getting said its not just two games is it?

There was the whole of last season where we were asked to be patient the last 10 games of the season were not exactly great were they?

You missed Saturdays debacle and then last night his game management was aweful and he blames it on the players

I admire your loyalty funny when it was suggessted we should use the closing games of last season to blood youngsters you were dead against as we had an outside chance of the play offs!!

I said it last year he is a fraud had no managerial nous you do not do what you did last night as a manager you defend your team in public but behind closed doors you can attack...there were a lot of young players out there last night whose heads he will have messed up after making those comments

And as is becoming increasingly obvious he has no idea about how to win football matches apart from "defend with mentality and eventually they will stop running"
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 11:25]

Indeed. 53 games and counting, he’s clutching at some Spanish straws.

There is nothing loyal about our daps, he was one of the leading voices against our last manager who delivered us so much more success than we can ever dream of under Martin. He is only sticking by Martin now because he would lose face by admitting he got it spectacularly wrong.

Last year Daps said judge him after 6 months. 12 months of rubbish later and he’s extended that indefinitely while slowly but surely lowering expectations each time.

If it wasn’t so tragic it would be funny.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024