Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attendances dipping 08:54 - Aug 18 with 11813 viewsDr_Parnassus

Much talk about this pre season.

It appears the average is over 1000 down on last season so far.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Attendances dipping on 10:09 - Aug 19 with 995 viewsDr_Parnassus

Attendances dipping on 09:59 - Aug 19 by lifelong

He’ll be boasting about how much money he’s got next..oh, hang on.

Nothing about what I have, it’s simply the fact that the stadium would be full if we were playing football that warranted it.

We all know this, don’t know why we are pretending otherwise.

Attendances dipping on 10:14 - Aug 19 with 978 viewsonehunglow

Attendances dipping on 10:09 - Aug 19 by Dr_Parnassus

Nothing about what I have, it’s simply the fact that the stadium would be full if we were playing football that warranted it.

We all know this, don’t know why we are pretending otherwise.

Beats me why some deny it,at least publically . Criticising mean you CARE,not mean you do not. Fact.
Nobody should accept second best ever.

Being a "loyal" fan on here doesn't wash.In fact if someone picks and chooses their games then c'est la vie. All fans are worthy of respect. It's the same bluddy club.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Attendances dipping on 11:17 - Aug 19 with 911 viewsCatullus

Attendances dipping on 00:01 - Aug 19 by Dr_Parnassus

“ Dr P, these "many people" well yes, it's a long way from Australia, obviously they wouldn't go.
Personally, when I walked in the pub I saw many people I know who did go.”

Can someone translate this gobbledygook please?

Now I know you can understand what's written there but maybe you don't understand sarcasm?

What is so hard about myself walking into a pub and seeing many people I know

Is that really the best response you could manage

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Attendances dipping on 11:20 - Aug 19 with 909 viewsDr_Parnassus

Attendances dipping on 11:17 - Aug 19 by Catullus

Now I know you can understand what's written there but maybe you don't understand sarcasm?

What is so hard about myself walking into a pub and seeing many people I know

Is that really the best response you could manage

I know what the individual words mean yes. But I’m struggling to understand what point you are making when you put those individual words together to form a meaningful sentence.

What do you mean “best response you could manage”? It wasn’t meant to be a good post, it was a request for information regarding what on earth you were wibbling on about.

Still none the wiser.

Attendances dipping on 11:55 - Aug 19 with 861 viewsonehunglow

Attendances dipping on 10:08 - Aug 19 by Sirjohnalot

Can't agree, We will have people making a choice between heating their homes and feeding their children. Spending £30 to watch football is not a priority. Lads I knew from back home are desperately struggling

Fine by me Jon. Good stuff.
For many a game involves much drinking and this adds to the cost.
Those who simply love to go will go .

Attendances dipping on 17:18 - Aug 19 with 803 views73__73

This has to be the most ridiculous thread of all time......

Is it April 1st ? 😂

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Attendances dipping on 17:44 - Aug 19 with 780 viewsmagicdaps10

Attendances dipping on 10:00 - Aug 19 by onehunglow

That last sentence is so right.
Watching your team is a priority and an obsession for many.
Many areas of deprivation have a very loyal fan base no matter what.

If the product is good,they will attend. Money well spent
If it's not,they won't as then it will be seen to be money wasted

Absolutely wrong there OHL.

I don't think people understand the affect these price increases are going to have on them come the winter.
The priority is going to be food and heat much before going to support their team.

Its going to hit a lot of people very hard.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Attendances dipping on 17:52 - Aug 19 with 766 viewsonehunglow

Attendances dipping on 17:44 - Aug 19 by magicdaps10

I don't think people understand the affect these price increases are going to have on them come the winter.
The priority is going to be food and heat much before going to support their team.

Fair reply but I stand by what I say.
Most WILL as it THAT important . They will sacrifice much to support their team.

We have had tight challenging times before and will again.

Just after the war ,crowds were at an all time record and there was rationing of food .

Anyway.

Login to get fewer ads

Attendances dipping on 17:54 - Aug 19 with 769 viewsmagicdaps10

Attendances dipping on 17:52 - Aug 19 by onehunglow

Most WILL as it THAT important . They will sacrifice much to support their team.

Just after the war ,crowds were at an all time record and there was rationing of food .

Anyway.

You're in for a big shock then.

Attendances dipping on 18:00 - Aug 19 with 756 viewsSirjohnalot

Attendances dipping on 17:44 - Aug 19 by magicdaps10

I agree. I successfully ran a jury trial about 5 weeks ago about a chap who stole from the bins behind Tesco for food for his family. Ran it on lack of dishonesty, probably slightly shaky legal grounds but knew a Manchester jury wouldn’t convict someone like that. Had a very helpful judge too.

Seeing more and more desperate people in court lately. Warm banks are the newest thing being set up up here. Plans to open up places for folks to go to keep warm. No way will they be going to the football
Attendances dipping on 18:39 - Aug 19 with 704 viewsmagicdaps10

Attendances dipping on 18:00 - Aug 19 by Sirjohnalot

I agree. I successfully ran a jury trial about 5 weeks ago about a chap who stole from the bins behind Tesco for food for his family. Ran it on lack of dishonesty, probably slightly shaky legal grounds but knew a Manchester jury wouldn’t convict someone like that. Had a very helpful judge too.

Seeing more and more desperate people in court lately. Warm banks are the newest thing being set up up here. Plans to open up places for folks to go to keep warm. No way will they be going to the football

It's going to be tough for a lot of people, even those who have been comfortable enough are going to have to make sacrifices with Christmas looming as soon these prices rise.

Its going to affect people's social life for sure and going to the football with have to be weighed up by many especially down Swansea and surrounding areas, don't forget that this is an area that has quite a lot if low income households.

I fear that people are totally unaware of what's coming.

Attendances dipping on 18:47 - Aug 19 with 685 viewsSirjohnalot

Attendances dipping on 18:39 - Aug 19 by magicdaps10

It's going to be tough for a lot of people, even those who have been comfortable enough are going to have to make sacrifices with Christmas looming as soon these prices rise.

Its going to affect people's social life for sure and going to the football with have to be weighed up by many especially down Swansea and surrounding areas, don't forget that this is an area that has quite a lot if low income households.

I fear that people are totally unaware of what's coming.

Could well end up in a perfect storm for the Tory party in the lead up to the next election. Truss will be a gift for labour
Attendances dipping on 18:58 - Aug 19 with 672 viewsshingle

Attendances dipping on 12:17 - Aug 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Do you mean clogs?

People are losing faith in the manager, I know many who now don’t go because they are fed up wtry the way we are playing and the results we are getting.

We haven’t beaten a team in our league at home for 6 months. Won 1 in the last 11.

The evidence is clear throughout history that the worse your results the worse attendances are. It’s not a coincidence we have 6,000 in the bottom division and 21,000 in the Premier League.

Use your noggin puppet.

Do you mean clogs fcuk the rest of the post that alone has got me in tears play fair.
Attendances dipping on 21:51 - Aug 19 with 611 viewsDr_Parnassus

So now we are all agreed attendances have dipped, the question is how do we get the people back through the gates.

Let’s say Man City was drawn in the FA Cup… we sell out don’t don’t we. Suddenly petrol
Being 40p more doesn’t seem to affect anything any more.

Attendances dipping on 22:03 - Aug 19 with 596 viewsJack123

Attendances dipping on 18:00 - Aug 19 by Sirjohnalot

May i ask John, whose decision was it to charge the bloke? cps? And could Tesco if they had wanted, said they were ok with it, and there would be no prosecution?

Only reason I ask, I'm quite astonished a case of someone taking food from a bin would even go to court, let alone jury trial.

libera nos a malo

Attendances dipping on 22:37 - Aug 19 with 570 viewsBoundy

Attendances dipping on 21:51 - Aug 19 by Dr_Parnassus

So now we are all agreed attendances have dipped, the question is how do we get the people back through the gates.

Let’s say Man City was drawn in the FA Cup… we sell out don’t don’t we. Suddenly petrol

I know you like to be precise in what you post but just to be clear I never said I agreed that attendances have dipped . If you wish to revisit this at the end of the season , fine but otherwise a pointless exercise imo

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Attendances dipping on 00:04 - Aug 20 with 546 viewsSTID2017

Attendances dipping on 17:52 - Aug 19 by onehunglow

Anyway.

I fear that many ordinary fans will have to make difficult choices over the next 24 months.
The cost of living, especially fuel bills, are going through the roof.
Many coming up to retirement age do not benefit from the excellent final salaries that were the norm not so long ago.
There are lots who will maybe pick and choose their games and take advantage of special offers.
It is a worrying time for many.
I don't drink much at all but just travel, ticket and food and a couple of coffees can cost me £80 easily for an away trip

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Attendances dipping on 00:35 - Aug 20 with 537 viewsGixerJack

Attendances dipping on 21:51 - Aug 19 by Dr_Parnassus

I phoned the ticket office Friday afternoon to swap my ST seat and buy another ticket to have 2 seats together. It took the lady a while to find 2 together and they aren’t the best located so I’m not convinced yet
Attendances dipping on 01:11 - Aug 20 with 517 viewsDr_Parnassus

Attendances dipping on 22:37 - Aug 19 by Boundy

I know you like to be precise in what you post but just to be clear I never said I agreed that attendances have dipped . If you wish to revisit this at the end of the season , fine but otherwise a pointless exercise imo

But they have, it’s not up for debate.

It feels like acceptance of that point has now hit home and we are at the stage of discussing the excuses as to why that is?

Our average attendance this season is over 1000 less than last season. It’s not an opinion.

Attendances dipping on 01:15 - Aug 20 with 514 viewsDr_Parnassus

Attendances dipping on 00:35 - Aug 20 by GixerJack

I phoned the ticket office Friday afternoon to swap my ST seat and buy another ticket to have 2 seats together. It took the lady a while to find 2 together and they aren’t the best located so I’m not convinced yet

Even that fact alone says that they have. They fact you were able to move, and have seats together, suggests we are not at ST capacity.

Last season they had to put ST’s on sale for a limited time for the last 1000. They sold out the full 14,000 allocation come the start of the season.

Attendances dipping on 02:40 - Aug 20 with 498 viewsTreforys_Jack

Attendances dipping on 01:15 - Aug 20 by Dr_Parnassus

Even that fact alone says that they have. They fact you were able to move, and have seats together, suggests we are not at ST capacity.

Last season they had to put ST’s on sale for a limited time for the last 1000. They sold out the full 14,000 allocation come the start of the season.

You must be fun on a night out aye !! You'd argue not about the grass is green, but what type of green.
Attendances dipping on 04:54 - Aug 20 with 486 viewsDr_Parnassus

Attendances dipping on 02:40 - Aug 20 by Treforys_Jack

You must be fun on a night out aye !! You'd argue not about the grass is green, but what type of green.

Isn’t that the opposite of what’s happening?

I’m stating the obvious fact and because it’s not palatable, others are trying to find nuances in the fact.

Here, I’m the one saying the grass is green.

Attendances dipping on 05:02 - Aug 20 with 484 views73__73

There is no evidence that less Swans fans are at the ground. Had we played Bristol and Birmingham both who would bring around 2,000 instead of Blackburn and Millwall both who had a poor following, the average attendance would be higher than last seasons average.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Attendances dipping on 05:33 - Aug 20 with 481 viewsTreforys_Jack

Attendances dipping on 04:54 - Aug 20 by Dr_Parnassus

Isn’t that the opposite of what’s happening?

I’m stating the obvious fact and because it’s not palatable, others are trying to find nuances in the fact.

Here, I’m the one saying the grass is green.

Attendances dipping on 06:52 - Aug 20 with 469 viewsDr_Parnassus

Attendances dipping on 05:33 - Aug 20 by Treforys_Jack

Indeed

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024