Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! 09:00 - Aug 21 with 5042 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58312/russell-martin-‘

The truth comes out, click above.
The truth makes you laugh, Moonface says ‘leave Russell alone’ click below.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 10:12 - Aug 21 with 1150 viewsSTID2017

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 10:06 - Aug 21 by union_jack

You can’t manufacture Faux positivity en masse. It just doesn’t happen that way.

My view is that the owners don’t want to give Martin anymore money, not the club. And I agree with them. He’s had a full season plus and shown nothing to inspire me that he can take us upwards.

And the players seem to feel the same as they’ve all but downed tools.

Same rubbish every game now. That’s down to him.

Not saying it isn't but with Martin not going anywhere what do we do to remedy it

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 10:15 - Aug 21 with 1128 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 10:12 - Aug 21 by STID2017

Not saying it isn't but with Martin not going anywhere what do we do to remedy it

But we don’t know he isn’t going anywhere.

It’s your assumption.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 10:15 - Aug 21 with 1134 viewsjojaca

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 10:03 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

When Cooper left, I said that the next manager is going to have an invincibility cloak. I made the point that they will turn on the owners before they turn on the manager.

I see it’s now happening.

£8m spent on players in 2 championship seasons. 4th highest in the league, unheard of for our club.

Many things you can level at the owners, not backing us in the last 2 seasons is not one of them.

It’s a myth I'm more than happy to bust before it gathers legs.

Spending £8 million in two seasons in nothing when you have sold on players like Downes, Rodon etc.

Even when you know, you never know?

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 10:18 - Aug 21 with 1128 viewsunion_jack

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 10:12 - Aug 21 by STID2017

My opinion is you make it as intolerable for him as you can so that the owners are forced to act. A step backwards to go many steps forward.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 10:20 - Aug 21 with 1111 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 10:15 - Aug 21 by jojaca

Spending £8 million in two seasons in nothing when you have sold on players like Downes, Rodon etc.

Of course it is. Other teams sell players too.

We are running at break even, or at least trying to. The fact we have pumped back that level of funds is all we can ask from the owners.

Surely people aren’t advocating for the club to burden further debt?
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 10:25]

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 10:31 - Aug 21 with 1089 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 10:20 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Of course it is. Other teams sell players too.

We are running at break even, or at least trying to. The fact we have pumped back that level of funds is all we can ask from the owners.

Surely people aren’t advocating for the club to burden further debt?
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 10:25]

Definitely not, because the manager has said they won’t mate.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 10:36 - Aug 21 with 1054 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 10:31 - Aug 21 by KeithHaynes

Definitely not, because the manager has said they won’t mate.

And rightly so of course, we don’t want them spending money the club don’t have.

Let’s not forget Russell Martin sanctioned the acquisition of Olivier Ntcham on £27,000 a week and pushed to get Fisher on £10,500 a week (more than Fulton).

Our next manager is going to have to have the burden of those salaries and may not want either.

That’s football.

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 10:40 - Aug 21 with 1047 viewsmagicdaps10

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 10:36 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

And rightly so of course, we don’t want them spending money the club don’t have.

Let’s not forget Russell Martin sanctioned the acquisition of Olivier Ntcham on £27,000 a week and pushed to get Fisher on £10,500 a week (more than Fulton).

Our next manager is going to have to have the burden of those salaries and may not want either.

That’s football.

I just want to add, I know you had something you found on the Internet but Ntcham is not on that wage.
I was told change the 2 to a 1 and you won't be far off but he is definetly not on 27k

Thats as all I will say on that matter.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 10:44 - Aug 21 with 1022 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 10:40 - Aug 21 by magicdaps10

I just want to add, I know you had something you found on the Internet but Ntcham is not on that wage.
I was told change the 2 to a 1 and you won't be far off but he is definetly not on 27k

Thats as all I will say on that matter.

He is, it’s slightly more than £27,000 and is by far the highest paid player at the club.

I have had it privately confirmed after it was revealed. It’s 100% fact.

We tried to offload him to France to ease the burden but Martin did not want it to happen (plus we couldn’t find anyone to take him to cover the salary).

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 10:52 - Aug 21 with 1020 viewsmagicdaps10

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 10:44 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

He is, it’s slightly more than £27,000 and is by far the highest paid player at the club.

I have had it privately confirmed after it was revealed. It’s 100% fact.

We tried to offload him to France to ease the burden but Martin did not want it to happen (plus we couldn’t find anyone to take him to cover the salary).

Well Gez Cassidy must be wrong then! Not sure what he would know considering he is head payroll accountant at the club.

As you could imagine, he wouldn't say the amount any player is on but he did also say that I shouldn't believe these wages that are on the Internet, they tend to be fantasy island stuff.

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 10:55 - Aug 21 with 1002 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 10:52 - Aug 21 by magicdaps10

Well Gez Cassidy must be wrong then! Not sure what he would know considering he is head payroll accountant at the club.

As you could imagine, he wouldn't say the amount any player is on but he did also say that I shouldn't believe these wages that are on the Internet, they tend to be fantasy island stuff.

Well he is wrong if that is what you are claiming he’s said, not that I believe he’s said it of course.

It’s always funny that these sites always have the exact figures that we all know, but the ones you aren’t sure of must always be inaccurate when it suits.

As I’ve said, I’ve had it confirmed privately that he is the highest paid player at the club. This is simply a fact.

Cassidy is Management accountant by the way not head of payroll, payroll is Kelly Thomas 😉
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 10:58]

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 11:07 - Aug 21 with 982 viewsmagicdaps10

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 10:55 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Well he is wrong if that is what you are claiming he’s said, not that I believe he’s said it of course.

It’s always funny that these sites always have the exact figures that we all know, but the ones you aren’t sure of must always be inaccurate when it suits.

As I’ve said, I’ve had it confirmed privately that he is the highest paid player at the club. This is simply a fact.

Cassidy is Management accountant by the way not head of payroll, payroll is Kelly Thomas 😉
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 10:58]

So only Kelly Thomas knows the wages then!

I suppose we will both have to agree to disagree then, I can't prove or you can't prove it as we only have it on someone else's say so.

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 11:09 - Aug 21 with 968 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 11:07 - Aug 21 by magicdaps10

So only Kelly Thomas knows the wages then!

I suppose we will both have to agree to disagree then, I can't prove or you can't prove it as we only have it on someone else's say so.

I’m just pointing out you didn’t even know what department he is, let alone what information he may have.

There is no need to disprove anything, highest paid player at the club by a mile. An absolute fact.

That was sanctioned by Martin and is now a 3 year burden the next manager is going to have to have round their necks. Not to mention the likes of Fisher.

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 12:07 - Aug 21 with 893 viewsBadlands

While I support the style he is trying to achieve I can not say I have ever warmed to his character.

He has brought in players he wants and players identified as meeting his needs. He has been able to keep expensive (wage) players.
He has only lost one quality player (Downes)
He has failed a dozen young players and simply dismissed a couple, one of whom was bought in January.
He blames his players for his shortcomings
He has competent players on shore leave yet can’t get a tune from those he's brought in.
He has a trio of forwards who managed 43 goals for the season but have managed just 1 between them so far.
In order to play his favourites he has others out of position.

Maybe the Americans are to blame for lack of investment but …
Why would you give this manager more money?
Where is the investment from the other, very large, minority shareholder group.

My conspiracy theory.
Martin has already been given a deadline to turn things around and he's getting the excuses in ahead of his departure.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 12:08]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 12:15 - Aug 21 with 886 viewscadleigh

Well, the die-hard defenders of Martin have dusted themselves down, climbed out of their dug-outs and are mounting a counter-attack. It’s the thinness of the squad, failure to back Martin in the transfer market, chickens coming home to roost following years of under-investment. Never mind how any of this is going to be paid for, never mind that Martin has had more failures than successes in the transfer market, never mind that he’s squandered all but one of the up-and-coming generation of young Swans who had such talent and potential, and would have provided the future transfer income to keep us competitive. As long as we are looking at the shareholders, we won’t be looking at the manager and that’s all that matters for now.

I repeat, if you had a cowboy builder who was obviously making a mess of your home, would you give him even more money or cut your losses and show him the door?

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 12:37 - Aug 21 with 857 viewsReslovenSwan1

The US owners gave Martin a strong deep squad. Much stronger than Reading Rotherham etc.

Martin is the manger and Martin has listed about 9 of his squad they he not play given the choice.

Bennett, Fulton ,Whittaker, Joseph, Benda. Garrick , Dan Williams, Ogbeta, Webb.

What do the US owners think of this ? It is his job to sell them if they are not in his plans,

I do not think any of these 9 players will ever be in Martins plans but he cannot ostracize all of them at once. He cannot sell any of them and has managed to loan only 3 or 4 out. The other 5 are Martin's problem and he and Winter have to find a solution.

Player have contracts. Bennett and Fulton were favourite of Cooper and he got much better results Wes Morgan was an old school bruiser but still featured a lot for Brendan at Leicester city.

What are Bennetts plans? The season has stated and ghe is not training with Swansea. He wants his £20k a week. Getting someone else to pay him £10k is new money. Its called management. Potter used Courtney Baker Richardson.

Martin has to trade his unwanted player or use them. He has wingbacks Ogbeta and McFadyan.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 12:44]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 12:48 - Aug 21 with 840 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 12:37 - Aug 21 by ReslovenSwan1

The US owners gave Martin a strong deep squad. Much stronger than Reading Rotherham etc.

Martin is the manger and Martin has listed about 9 of his squad they he not play given the choice.

Bennett, Fulton ,Whittaker, Joseph, Benda. Garrick , Dan Williams, Ogbeta, Webb.

What do the US owners think of this ? It is his job to sell them if they are not in his plans,

I do not think any of these 9 players will ever be in Martins plans but he cannot ostracize all of them at once. He cannot sell any of them and has managed to loan only 3 or 4 out. The other 5 are Martin's problem and he and Winter have to find a solution.

Player have contracts. Bennett and Fulton were favourite of Cooper and he got much better results Wes Morgan was an old school bruiser but still featured a lot for Brendan at Leicester city.

What are Bennetts plans? The season has stated and ghe is not training with Swansea. He wants his £20k a week. Getting someone else to pay him £10k is new money. Its called management. Potter used Courtney Baker Richardson.

Martin has to trade his unwanted player or use them. He has wingbacks Ogbeta and McFadyan.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 12:44]

Martin doesn’t have a selling remit, entirely controlled by the owners.

The problem will be that nobody wants them.

He’s been entirely wasteful, has been backed by the owners… but we can’t blame him for not selling players, it’s not his jurisdiction.

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 13:08 - Aug 21 with 827 viewsReslovenSwan1

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 12:48 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Martin doesn’t have a selling remit, entirely controlled by the owners.

The problem will be that nobody wants them.

He’s been entirely wasteful, has been backed by the owners… but we can’t blame him for not selling players, it’s not his jurisdiction.

It is a problem for Winter and Martin. It is his remit. The US people set out the template and Winter and martin need to work to that.

Martin decided Bennett Fulton and Ogbeta were not in his plans weeks ago. Silverstein is not in Reading trying to sell them.

If Garrick, Whittaker, Joseph and Williams are not in his plans now they never will be. He is kicking the can down the road. They are all 21 or over. The best way to get into Martins system is to stay at Swansea.

Selling players was an Allen / Winter remit. It is now a Martin /Winter remit.

Wenger world remember. He wants to run everything. He can with Winter but with no more money. Uncle Sam will "make him sweat". It is the Yankee ethos. Ask the people at Amazon.

Adaption and improvisation are on the agenda. Martin has to "find a way". Your idol Copper took a 5 goal winger into a 15 goal striker Jamal Lowe. Martin has to adapt. It will all come out in the wash.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 13:12]

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 13:18 - Aug 21 with 816 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 13:08 - Aug 21 by ReslovenSwan1

It is a problem for Winter and Martin. It is his remit. The US people set out the template and Winter and martin need to work to that.

Martin decided Bennett Fulton and Ogbeta were not in his plans weeks ago. Silverstein is not in Reading trying to sell them.

If Garrick, Whittaker, Joseph and Williams are not in his plans now they never will be. He is kicking the can down the road. They are all 21 or over. The best way to get into Martins system is to stay at Swansea.

Selling players was an Allen / Winter remit. It is now a Martin /Winter remit.

Wenger world remember. He wants to run everything. He can with Winter but with no more money. Uncle Sam will "make him sweat". It is the Yankee ethos. Ask the people at Amazon.

Adaption and improvisation are on the agenda. Martin has to "find a way". Your idol Copper took a 5 goal winger into a 15 goal striker Jamal Lowe. Martin has to adapt. It will all come out in the wash.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 13:12]

Again, selling has nothing to do with the manager.

It’s pointless to keep repeating it, but a fact it remains.

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 14:17 - Aug 21 with 795 viewsguthrieintherain

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 09:40 - Aug 21 by STID2017

The article makes it clear that no matter how we feel towards Martin, the situation is now we are on a downward trajectory until we get new owners.
So for me it's Yanks Out !!

Silly comment the owners have been running a steady ship.
Martin has spent the money.

Isolated players.
Now he is blaming the owners was Patterson last week.
Nicham the week before.
Fans will be next.

He is hiding behind others the blame lies with him.
I honestly think the job is too big for him and he is waiting for his pay off.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 14:28]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 14:50 - Aug 21 with 759 viewshectorshouse

I am no fanboy of Martin or hater of Cooper but my take on the position is that the Americans have been very clear that Swansea must be self financing. They have not taken significant sums of money out of the club, nor have they input megabucks, they are just being true to their word and their aim is, I believe, for the club to become self sustainable in the Championship with the hope of a cup run or promotion push some seasons. This is not the most exciting business model but is a financially realistic one. The manager's remit is to develop players to sell on at a profit and also to maintain our Championship position. If you accept this you can see how Martin is a decent fit for these owners. His possession based style of play showcases players in a way that is attractive to Premier League clubs and therefore can lead to player sales at significant profits. Also Martin is happy to be here as he has the time, with limited expectations from the owners, to implement his ideology. This seems to be a perfect fit for the owners and the manager. Us as fans, however, are left in a kind of no man's land with the owners looking for financial stability and the manager perfecting his ideology, neither of these have promotion as their main target, so for the foreseeable future I see us a mid table/ lower end Championship team but one that has low level of debt and is in no danger of bankruptcy. Not the most exciting position to be in but that is how I see the position the club is in at the moment.
The question for us as fans is do we accept this or do we push for change. I've been a fan since the early/mis 70's and maybe as I'm older I'm more concerned about the club surviving financially than I am about chasing the Premier League, however I do want to be entertained so Martin has a bit of work to do as far as I'm concerned.
Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 14:59 - Aug 21 with 739 viewsSirjohnalot

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 14:50 - Aug 21 by hectorshouse

I am no fanboy of Martin or hater of Cooper but my take on the position is that the Americans have been very clear that Swansea must be self financing. They have not taken significant sums of money out of the club, nor have they input megabucks, they are just being true to their word and their aim is, I believe, for the club to become self sustainable in the Championship with the hope of a cup run or promotion push some seasons. This is not the most exciting business model but is a financially realistic one. The manager's remit is to develop players to sell on at a profit and also to maintain our Championship position. If you accept this you can see how Martin is a decent fit for these owners. His possession based style of play showcases players in a way that is attractive to Premier League clubs and therefore can lead to player sales at significant profits. Also Martin is happy to be here as he has the time, with limited expectations from the owners, to implement his ideology. This seems to be a perfect fit for the owners and the manager. Us as fans, however, are left in a kind of no man's land with the owners looking for financial stability and the manager perfecting his ideology, neither of these have promotion as their main target, so for the foreseeable future I see us a mid table/ lower end Championship team but one that has low level of debt and is in no danger of bankruptcy. Not the most exciting position to be in but that is how I see the position the club is in at the moment.
The question for us as fans is do we accept this or do we push for change. I've been a fan since the early/mis 70's and maybe as I'm older I'm more concerned about the club surviving financially than I am about chasing the Premier League, however I do want to be entertained so Martin has a bit of work to do as far as I'm concerned.

I live near Manchester and spending money travelling around the NW / midlands, out for most of the day when I could spend it with my wife and dog, I want to be entertained. That may be different from winning every game, but I don’t want to be bored
Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 15:02 - Aug 21 with 735 viewsReslovenSwan1

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 13:18 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Again, selling has nothing to do with the manager.

It’s pointless to keep repeating it, but a fact it remains.

Selling players has nothing to do with the owners. They will of course be consulted. Martin decides who is sold. He might even ring up agent or his old mates to facilitate a deal along with Marsh.

Martin decides who is sold and tells Winter what he wants. The manger will perhaps give Winter a valuation of the player or it will be agreed. Levien knows little about Morgan Whittaker. Martin decided Bennet was up for sale not Silverstein. I suspect they were depressed at Bennet not meeting Martin's standards.

Martin s told WInter he will not pick Bennett again. Bennett's position is unknown but he is still at the club. Reading will probably get him once Winter accepts their low ball offer on their wage contribution. Winter has to sell him or tell Martin he has to include him.

The owners have set out the conditions. Martin and Winter have to shift players if they want new ones. Silverstein who is not an owner can help out. There are too many players to shift. The US owners were told to give these guys long contracts.

It seems to me Bennett should be offered to Wayne Rooney.

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 15:19 - Aug 21 with 703 viewsFireboy2

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 15:02 - Aug 21 by ReslovenSwan1

Selling players has nothing to do with the owners. They will of course be consulted. Martin decides who is sold. He might even ring up agent or his old mates to facilitate a deal along with Marsh.

Martin decides who is sold and tells Winter what he wants. The manger will perhaps give Winter a valuation of the player or it will be agreed. Levien knows little about Morgan Whittaker. Martin decided Bennet was up for sale not Silverstein. I suspect they were depressed at Bennet not meeting Martin's standards.

Martin s told WInter he will not pick Bennett again. Bennett's position is unknown but he is still at the club. Reading will probably get him once Winter accepts their low ball offer on their wage contribution. Winter has to sell him or tell Martin he has to include him.

The owners have set out the conditions. Martin and Winter have to shift players if they want new ones. Silverstein who is not an owner can help out. There are too many players to shift. The US owners were told to give these guys long contracts.

'Martin decides who is sold'

Haha, yes of course that happens 🤣🤣🤣
Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 15:44 - Aug 21 with 667 viewsBillyChong

Russell Martin ‘ This is what we have got’ No more help from the USA ! on 15:02 - Aug 21 by ReslovenSwan1

Bennett automatic extension clause based on appearances. Top down decision to save money. Pretty sure you are way off the mark there claiming Martin chose to completely drop Bennett at that stage not to be seen since.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024