Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? 18:45 - Aug 26 with 28505 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/58366/jim-bentley-set-to-be

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 19:02 - Aug 26 with 12639 viewsdingdangblue

28% win record at Morecambe.
Stockdales win record at Dale was 27%.
Not thrilling reading but hopefully a new face and a new voice will help the players. Here's hoping.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 19:05 - Aug 26 with 12623 viewsseasidedale

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 19:02 - Aug 26 by dingdangblue

28% win record at Morecambe.
Stockdales win record at Dale was 27%.
Not thrilling reading but hopefully a new face and a new voice will help the players. Here's hoping.

Well, he is experienced and knows the division well, did ok at morcambe on a worse budget than ours, not sure of his style of play, can’t be any worse
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 19:40 - Aug 26 with 12352 viewsblackdogblue

Incoming Kevin Ellison 🤷‍♂️

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 20:07 - Aug 26 with 12150 viewselectricblue

If Jim Bentley is appointed he faces a tough job so lets alll get behind him and the squad....

Good luck Jim......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 20:11 - Aug 26 with 12117 viewsDale92

Wwoule love to be wrong but seems like were staring down the barrel of the National League. Man got sacked by Conference North team? Jesus weep

This is the One, I've waited for

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 20:20 - Aug 26 with 12014 viewsIOMDale

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 20:11 - Aug 26 by Dale92

Wwoule love to be wrong but seems like were staring down the barrel of the National League. Man got sacked by Conference North team? Jesus weep

Morecambe supporters say he did a superb job in difficult circumstances and on a tiny budget - in terms of his sacking, Roger orchestrated that and given how good a judge of character and ability Roger is, that endorsement will do for me.

UTDNFS

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 20:40 - Aug 26 with 11839 viewsdale1968

If he is appointed then as a Fanbase we need to get right behind him and the team and hope that we can put the poor start behind us and start claiming some much needed points.
With MH now out of the way lets ALL fully focus on the rest of the season and see what transpires.
U T D

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 20:48 - Aug 26 with 11747 viewsBrierls

Not going to lie, on paper it’s a poor appointment.

His record at Morecambe looked OK under the circumstances he was working (for some of the time in charge), financial issues and a low budget, but Morecambe were promoted in the first full season under a new manager. At KFC Fylde they were relegated from the National League in the season curtailed by Covid, and he was sacked when it wasn’t looking like KFC were going to get promoted National League North. The budget at KFC will have been very competitive.

BUT he’s experienced in L2 and from memory his Morecambe sides always had a bit of fight. You’d expect that as a bare minimum, but we’ve not been getting anywhere near. If he can instil some fight and confidence in the short term, he’ll look like a world beater. I can get behind that.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 20:51]
Login to get fewer ads

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 20:50 - Aug 26 with 11713 views_Windydale

Morecambe mate whos also a dale fan, was quite pessimistic - says he will bring in lower league players and he's no links or experience in the league, although he was a legend at morecambe to some like kevin ellison.

I hope dale management have seen something great during the interview stages. I trust in them and hope Jim becomes a rochdale legend.
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:21 - Aug 26 with 11459 viewsmikehunt

Isn’t he more Scouse than Thingy at Accy? I won’t understand a word he says (A blessing in disguise, happen)
At least he’ll have worked with Diagouraga so might squeeze some effort out of him.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 21:59]

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 21:56 - Aug 26 with 11217 viewssweetcorn

Hope he can be a success here, I'm yet to see anything which suggests he will be though.

Really uninspiring.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 22:03 - Aug 26 with 11150 viewsrkershaw

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 21:56 - Aug 26 by sweetcorn

Hope he can be a success here, I'm yet to see anything which suggests he will be though.

Really uninspiring.

https://thesetpieces.com/interviews/jim-bentley-managing-morecambe/
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 22:15 - Aug 26 with 11042 views442Dale

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 22:03 - Aug 26 by rkershaw

Cheers for that. Really informative about how he manages.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 22:17 - Aug 26 with 11025 viewsClivert

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 20:48 - Aug 26 by Brierls

Not going to lie, on paper it’s a poor appointment.

His record at Morecambe looked OK under the circumstances he was working (for some of the time in charge), financial issues and a low budget, but Morecambe were promoted in the first full season under a new manager. At KFC Fylde they were relegated from the National League in the season curtailed by Covid, and he was sacked when it wasn’t looking like KFC were going to get promoted National League North. The budget at KFC will have been very competitive.

BUT he’s experienced in L2 and from memory his Morecambe sides always had a bit of fight. You’d expect that as a bare minimum, but we’ve not been getting anywhere near. If he can instil some fight and confidence in the short term, he’ll look like a world beater. I can get behind that.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 20:51]

I agree, it's very uninspiring and looking at the way the betting went throughout this last week its looks like he was our fourth choice.

Still, we have to back him now and give him a fair crack of the whip. I do hope that he's involved in some way tomorrow even if it's just an optimistic and inspiring team talk pre match just to lift spirits rather than the 'as you were' instructions that the players seemed to have had before the two previous matches.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 22:20 - Aug 26 with 11000 viewssweetcorn

An interview about Jim Bentley, by Jim Bentley, just what I needed to calm the nerves.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 22:35 - Aug 26 with 10866 viewsdavidab2202

On paper perhaps not the most hoped for manager ,but at least he has experience at this level and to be fair what my feeling is that he managed to keep MORECAMBE in the league when perhaps they were a bookies favourite to be relegated.
As others have said lets all get behind him and the team and hopefully enjoy the ride.
This is a perfect example of not being able to please all the people all of the time, because from certain comments if Klopp or Conte had been appointed there would be somebody having a moan about it
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 23:04 - Aug 26 with 10657 viewsrhf

This is a real glass half full or half empty appointment, but let’s go half full as no point in the other, he’s managed over 500 games most of them in L2, certainly knows the league, and looking at his profile and interviews seems to be someone who is flexible and learns from mistakes etc, and remember it’s his last chance too, so let’s get behind him, if Jim just ups his win % a bit we will get out of this mess.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 00:30 - Aug 27 with 10388 viewsFrog

RAFC RIP, absolutely sad.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 00:41 - Aug 27 with 10361 viewskel

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 00:30 - Aug 27 by Frog

RAFC RIP, absolutely sad.

RIP? Have you missed todays news?

Pathetic.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 07:50 - Aug 27 with 9936 viewsTrev

A completely uninspiring appointment. I'd rather have someone who'd had a mixture of success and failure than somebody who has only ever managed mediocre sides.

Who knows how it will work out but I can't see many people getting too excited about this.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 8:07]
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 08:37 - Aug 27 with 9756 viewsNorthernDale

If and when it is confirmed that Bentley as manager, I hope that the board and crucially Bentley will look to bring in experience to support him, i.e would somebody like Beech or Coughlan (that if they want the role) as his no 2, who have the experience of management in league 2 or will he bring Ken McKenna, who was his assistant at Morecambe and Fylde.

One of Stockdale mistakes was in my opinion was bring in a friend as no 2. Also if Bentley is appointed will McNulty get a coaching role within any new management set up.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 08:52 - Aug 27 with 9688 viewselectricblue

A very good i sight into the mind of Jim Bentley as a ay through to coaching and becoming the first team manager....

I like to think that the current squad at Rochdale will benefit from him becoming manager..

With Big Jim taking over it may the kick on Dale need and he may put the doubters on his side....
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 8:54]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 10:01 - Aug 27 with 9395 viewsBlueMessiah

Clearly not everyone's preferred option if he is to be appointed, but what he also isn't is BBM or Stockdale who have put us in this mess. Having real experience of managing in the lower leagues, I would hope the Pep coaching manual of zonal marking and piss-arsing about at the back is thrown in the bin immediately. Given how that's how most of our goals seem to be conceded, we might be able to play higher up the pitch and actually create scoring opportunities.

Given yesterday's (much more important IMHO) announcement, it's clear the board have been spinning many plates recently. It would have been very easy to leave Stockdale in place whilst concentrating on other matters, but they acted and did the very difficult but correct thing of changing things. Whilst they may not be "football people" what we do know is they are fans, proper ones, and we need to back them and their judgement.

If Bentley is appointed, after being sacked by the blubbering Roger, where better than here to prove his worth? It will leave Roger turning in his, hopefully, soon to be dug grave.

Poll: Do I Know You?

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 10:32 - Aug 27 with 9213 viewsDalenet

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 07:50 - Aug 27 by Trev

A completely uninspiring appointment. I'd rather have someone who'd had a mixture of success and failure than somebody who has only ever managed mediocre sides.

Who knows how it will work out but I can't see many people getting too excited about this.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 8:07]

At the moment we are in a fight for league survival. Surely somebody that is experienced is better than somebody without?

None of us know where the clubs finances are. We have no idea how much money other candidates wanted. We have no idea whether other candidates that people listed here were even interested. The Board will have a budget and a brief. If Jim is what we can afford and he is prepared for the fight ahead then all well and good. I am sure the Board will have agreed terms with him to ensure that we are not trapped into longer term contracts. I hope he does well and that there is a decent bonus in the package for keeping us in the league and building for the future.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 10:48 - Aug 27 with 9093 viewssnuffler

How about unveiling the new manager on the pitch this afternoon before the game, I’m sure that would get the fans going.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024