Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? 18:45 - Aug 26 with 28812 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/58366/jim-bentley-set-to-be

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 16:32 - Aug 30 with 2901 viewsTVOS1907

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 14:37 - Aug 30 by electricblue

Am i missing something!
Where is Big Jims new manager interview?.....

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 16:45 - Aug 30 with 2837 viewsDaleiLama

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 16:32 - Aug 30 by TVOS1907

Good interview by EBJ (TM AltDaleComms) that. Going back to fundamentals and addressing weaknesses in the squad. Willing to put it all on the line and expects the same of his players. Promises an interesting few months ahead before the Jan window.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2022 16:49]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 18:53 - Aug 30 with 2553 viewsdavidab2202

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 16:45 - Aug 30 by DaleiLama

Good interview by EBJ (TM AltDaleComms) that. Going back to fundamentals and addressing weaknesses in the squad. Willing to put it all on the line and expects the same of his players. Promises an interesting few months ahead before the Jan window.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2022 16:49]

Agree a good inspiring interview, hope the players feel the same.
To play Devil's Advocate, he was never going to say that "I have watched them a time a two and they were complete and utter sh*te and I haven't the faintest idea of what I can do to change that"
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 19:35 - Aug 30 with 2398 viewsShun

He alludes to some movement before the transfer window shuts too. I am intrigued to see who he brings in. One of the common points from Morecambe fans that’s come up is that he struggled to attract a lot of players due to his lack of connections in the game - a result of spending all his career at one club.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 19:49 - Aug 30 with 2328 viewsEllDale

That could be true but did he struggle to attract players to Morecambe not so much because of lack of connections but rather because of a low budget and as it’s on a limb geographically?
Nick Chadwick (if appointed) looks like he should have plenty of contact phone numbers if necessary given the number of clubs he played for up and down the country.
And you’d think that, given his background, that Bentley should be able to tap into the seam of Liverpool based players mined so successfully by John Coleman?
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 19:50 - Aug 30 with 2324 viewsD_Alien

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 19:35 - Aug 30 by Shun

He alludes to some movement before the transfer window shuts too. I am intrigued to see who he brings in. One of the common points from Morecambe fans that’s come up is that he struggled to attract a lot of players due to his lack of connections in the game - a result of spending all his career at one club.

Can't say i'm unduly concerned about that. I think it's time we moved away from a model of having a bunch of loanees from the top two divisions; one or two is fine

He's been a manager long enough to know how to acquire players and tbh if they're not that interested in coming to Dale they can 'go elsewhere' (euphemism)

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 20:54 - Aug 30 with 2208 views49thseason

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 19:50 - Aug 30 by D_Alien

Can't say i'm unduly concerned about that. I think it's time we moved away from a model of having a bunch of loanees from the top two divisions; one or two is fine

He's been a manager long enough to know how to acquire players and tbh if they're not that interested in coming to Dale they can 'go elsewhere' (euphemism)

I always thought the plan was to bring our own kids through, not help richer clubs to develop theirs for no apparent remuneration to us. Having said that a goalkeeper or a goalscorer that we otherwise couldn't afford might be a worthwhile loan, but we never seem to get a goalscorer and the Bazunu loan wasnt exactly a repreat of Sanchez. There are lots of decent kids released from premiership clubs each year, I would rather we looked more closely at those if we dont have anyone suitable coming out of the academy. And one or two youngsters a year is all we really need.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 03:10 - Feb 19 with 1538 viewssweetcorn

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 21:56 - Aug 26 by sweetcorn

Hope he can be a success here, I'm yet to see anything which suggests he will be though.

Really uninspiring.

BUMP

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Login to get fewer ads

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 07:51 - Feb 19 with 1404 viewskel

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 03:10 - Feb 19 by sweetcorn

BUMP

Not sure told you so’s are very helpful when we’re all clearly hurting. Every managerial appointment carries a risk and you chose the option of not being happy with it. Well done.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 08:09 - Feb 19 with 1375 viewsNigelWatson

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 19:50 - Aug 30 by D_Alien

Wrong about Coleman

Now wrong about Jim Bentley

A very reliable contraindicator

But where is McStalin??
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 09:03 - Feb 19 with 1294 viewsIOMDale

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 08:09 - Feb 19 by NigelWatson

Wrong about Coleman

Now wrong about Jim Bentley

A very reliable contraindicator

But where is McStalin??

I know this has been asked several times already (with no answer) but what or whom is McStalin?

UTDNFS

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 09:16 - Feb 19 with 1234 viewskel

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 09:03 - Feb 19 by IOMDale

I know this has been asked several times already (with no answer) but what or whom is McStalin?

He doesn’t answer questions, it’s all one way with him. There’s plenty of examples elsewhere on the internet. He just loves the sound of his own voice and thinks he’s more intelligent than the rest of mankind.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 09:19 - Feb 19 with 1233 viewsIOMDale

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 09:16 - Feb 19 by kel

He doesn’t answer questions, it’s all one way with him. There’s plenty of examples elsewhere on the internet. He just loves the sound of his own voice and thinks he’s more intelligent than the rest of mankind.

I do suspect he’ll be extremely supportive of the idea of the club undergoing a great reset once relegation is confirmed.

UTDNFS

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 09:41 - Feb 19 with 1163 viewsNigelWatson

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 09:19 - Feb 19 by IOMDale

I do suspect he’ll be extremely supportive of the idea of the club undergoing a great reset once relegation is confirmed.

Yes, and let's hope that we still have a club to re-set

Jim Bentley is a nice guy, but his track record was terrible before he was appointed to his current job. And, what's happened since then was entirely predictable to anybody with even a quarter of a brain cell. He should never have been hired in the first place. The Board should have held their hands up, admitted that they made a mistake, and fired him at least a month ago.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 09:53 - Feb 19 with 1126 viewsJames1980

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 09:41 - Feb 19 by NigelWatson

Jim Bentley is a nice guy, but his track record was terrible before he was appointed to his current job. And, what's happened since then was entirely predictable to anybody with even a quarter of a brain cell. He should never have been hired in the first place. The Board should have held their hands up, admitted that they made a mistake, and fired him at least a month ago.

Considering the board were apparently unable to bring the first 3 choices for manager to the club. Other than Mr Hill who would you have selected as the replacement for Mr Stockdale? Also how do you know said individual wouldn't have also said thanks but no thanks?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2023 10:09]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 09:55 - Feb 19 with 1116 viewskel

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 09:41 - Feb 19 by NigelWatson

I’ll ask again. Why didn’t you say all this at the time of his appointment or were you waiting to see how things panned out first?

Thanks in advance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024