Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? 18:45 - Aug 26 with 28717 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/58366/jim-bentley-set-to-be

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 10:57 - Aug 27 with 5056 viewsNIGELdale

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 10:48 - Aug 27 by snuffler

How about unveiling the new manager on the pitch this afternoon before the game, I’m sure that would get the fans going.

Let’s hope that happens we could all do with a lift
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 11:03 - Aug 27 with 5029 viewsTVOS1907

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 08:37 - Aug 27 by NorthernDale

If and when it is confirmed that Bentley as manager, I hope that the board and crucially Bentley will look to bring in experience to support him, i.e would somebody like Beech or Coughlan (that if they want the role) as his no 2, who have the experience of management in league 2 or will he bring Ken McKenna, who was his assistant at Morecambe and Fylde.

One of Stockdale mistakes was in my opinion was bring in a friend as no 2. Also if Bentley is appointed will McNulty get a coaching role within any new management set up.

"I hope that the board and crucially Bentley will look to bring in experience to support him"

He managed Morecambe 434 times at FL level. How much more experience do you want?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 11:17 - Aug 27 with 4938 viewsD_Alien

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 11:03 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

"I hope that the board and crucially Bentley will look to bring in experience to support him"

He managed Morecambe 434 times at FL level. How much more experience do you want?

435?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 11:22 - Aug 27 with 4907 viewsTVOS1907

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 11:17 - Aug 27 by D_Alien

435?

I was thinking more in the region of 434.5

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 11:23 - Aug 27 with 4890 viewsD_Alien

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 11:22 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

Arf...!

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 11:28 - Aug 27 with 4856 viewsBlueMessiah

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 11:22 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

Hmmm....not sure I'd want that. Would suggest he'd been sacked at half time during a match, a pretty drastic scenario? 🤣

Poll: Do I Know You?

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 11:33 - Aug 27 with 4829 viewsTVOS1907

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 11:28 - Aug 27 by BlueMessiah

Hmmm....not sure I'd want that. Would suggest he'd been sacked at half time during a match, a pretty drastic scenario? 🤣

434.25 would have been even more drastic.

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 11:55 - Aug 27 with 4680 viewsD_Alien

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 11:33 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

434.25 would have been even more drastic.

Now that'd be an interesting scenario... a Chairman dashing down from the Director's Box to hand a manager his P45 after another 22.5 minutes of lethargic dross!

Login to get fewer ads

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 12:17 - Aug 27 with 4571 viewsTVOS1907

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 00:41 - Aug 27 by kel

RIP? Have you missed todays news?

Pathetic.

This is the mentality I referenced yesterday, kel.

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 12:45 - Aug 27 with 4403 viewsDaleiLama

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 12:17 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

Pretty difficult to understand indeed. So many people have fought so hard to get us here and the towel is being thrown in before an appointment is even announced. Each to their own but its a no from me.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 13:33 - Aug 27 with 4199 viewsEllDale

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 10:48 - Aug 27 by snuffler

How about unveiling the new manager on the pitch this afternoon before the game, I’m sure that would get the fans going.

After yesterday’s news how about getting the board on the pitch at halftime as well? Let’s show our support and appreciation.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 13:42 - Aug 27 with 4128 viewskel

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 12:17 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

To be honest, I’ve been laughing at said posters knowledge of football since that time he said we should send Beesley out on loan.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 13:48 - Aug 27 with 4093 viewsjonahwhereru

Not sure I would hold my nerve if we had appointed a manager who has their share of failures as well as success.
I’ll be honest the up and downs at Morcambe have never captured my attention. Having acted decisively this season in removing RS and Shan it seems to have taken ages to get a new appointment. The directors role requires them to make difficult decisions and rarely in football can a board have had so much on its plate in the last two weeks. I choose to be supportive rather than critical. I am bursting for some good times on the field. Everyone involved with the club deserve that. I hope JB can focus on the team tasks rather than the league position
Good luck to all of us.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 13:49 - Aug 27 with 4089 viewsJames1980

Is there anyone who we could realistically get in a manager that the majority of the naysayers would be happy with?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 13:52 - Aug 27 with 4065 viewsTVOS1907

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 13:49 - Aug 27 by James1980

Is there anyone who we could realistically get in a manager that the majority of the naysayers would be happy with?

There will always be some dissenters, James.

I always say, with managers and players, let's give them a chance first.

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 13:58 - Aug 27 with 4023 viewsJames1980

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 13:52 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

There will always be some dissenters, James.

I always say, with managers and players, let's give them a chance first.

I reckon with some it is preemptive dissention so if it does go wrong they can say 'I told you so'

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 14:11 - Aug 27 with 3948 viewskel

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 13:58 - Aug 27 by James1980

I reckon with some it is preemptive dissention so if it does go wrong they can say 'I told you so'

Correct. It’s no coincidence that a poster who had a clear vendetta against Stockdale for all of last season suddenly reappeared under a new name when it was obvious he was going to be shown the door. There’s always a 50/50 chance they’ll be right but it was extremely poor form when Stockdale’s personal finances were brought into it.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 14:25 - Aug 27 with 3870 viewsJames1980

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 14:11 - Aug 27 by kel

Correct. It’s no coincidence that a poster who had a clear vendetta against Stockdale for all of last season suddenly reappeared under a new name when it was obvious he was going to be shown the door. There’s always a 50/50 chance they’ll be right but it was extremely poor form when Stockdale’s personal finances were brought into it.

That's proper poor taste

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 14:41 - Aug 27 with 3798 viewsoddjob007

Interesting radio Bolton just said that Graham Alexander, David Artell and John Askey all turned it down… wow.

Given that - who else would those against the appointment of Bentley prefer to take the job? Take a look at the squad and our position, we’re not in a position to attract a top manager!

Comments on twitter are all positive, hopefully he’s the man. As it stands, anything above a 22nd place finish would be success!
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 14:44]
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 16:56 - Aug 27 with 3561 viewsnordenblue

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 14:41 - Aug 27 by oddjob007

Interesting radio Bolton just said that Graham Alexander, David Artell and John Askey all turned it down… wow.

Given that - who else would those against the appointment of Bentley prefer to take the job? Take a look at the squad and our position, we’re not in a position to attract a top manager!

Comments on twitter are all positive, hopefully he’s the man. As it stands, anything above a 22nd place finish would be success!
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 14:44]

I don't buy into the "we're not in a position to attract a top manager", absolute dream of a job for some managers,no bell ends working behind the scenes anymore and handsomely paid too.

There's definitely plenty more positives than negatives attached to the job that's an absolute certainty.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 17:57]
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 16:59 - Aug 27 with 3548 viewsoddjob007

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 16:56 - Aug 27 by nordenblue

I don't buy into the "we're not in a position to attract a top manager", absolute dream of a job for some managers,no bell ends working behind the scenes anymore and handsomely paid too.

There's definitely plenty more positives than negatives attached to the job that's an absolute certainty.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 17:57]

3 managers to turn us down would suggest exactly that!
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 17:04 - Aug 27 with 3509 viewsnordenblue

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 16:59 - Aug 27 by oddjob007

3 managers to turn us down would suggest exactly that!

Judging off comments on here, I wouldn't be too sure they've all actually have "turned us down"....all of them 3 hardly set the bloody flowing either way, no great loss.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 17:20 - Aug 27 with 3397 viewsfourfourtwo

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 14:11 - Aug 27 by kel

You are absolutely hilarious.

Been threatening any kids on Twitter lately? You’ve been great value this summer.

I’d love to hear what the vendetta was & the reasons behind it?

There was absolutely no vendetta, simply put the guy was clueless (nothing personal) & should have been sacked months ago.

It was obvious all those months ago yet we made a decision to stick by him & it’s turned out to be one of the worst decisions we could have made.

You want to portray me as the villain. I’m just a typical fan, calling out what I see, & some of you on here like to get personal.

I see you telling folk to drop you a PM to chat Kel. Drop me one and we’ll chat.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 17:21]
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 17:36 - Aug 27 with 3277 viewskel

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 17:20 - Aug 27 by fourfourtwo

You are absolutely hilarious.

Been threatening any kids on Twitter lately? You’ve been great value this summer.

I’d love to hear what the vendetta was & the reasons behind it?

There was absolutely no vendetta, simply put the guy was clueless (nothing personal) & should have been sacked months ago.

It was obvious all those months ago yet we made a decision to stick by him & it’s turned out to be one of the worst decisions we could have made.

You want to portray me as the villain. I’m just a typical fan, calling out what I see, & some of you on here like to get personal.

I see you telling folk to drop you a PM to chat Kel. Drop me one and we’ll chat.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 17:21]

Like I said, sussed on your very first post.

Must try harder.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 17:42 - Aug 27 with 3238 viewsfourfourtwo

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 17:36 - Aug 27 by kel

Like I said, sussed on your very first post.

Must try harder.

Is that it?

Wow, that was disappointing.

I’m not here to be a “WUM” (your words). I’m a proper fan, with proper concerns but you’ve taken a dislike to me.

As I’ve said. I want to chat this through. I’m sick of pathetic little swipes on the internet. Message me & we’ll talk.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 17:43]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024