Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Animal welfare 09:17 - Aug 30 with 1536 viewsCatullus

Everybody is having a hard time right now, unless you're qute rich anyway! Pubs are talking of mass closures, small businesses are struggling and so obviously charities are taking less in donations and now shelters are pleading with people to become foster carers because the price rises mean that, not only have their costs risen but that more people are looking to give up their pets too.

Personally, our 13 year old Lab/Spaniel cross is very safe here, I'd sell the car first and cycle to work! Many people though are making that choice on top of the covid pets who have been dumped.

I've been adamant that we won't have another dog, once our best friend goes I want some time without because losing them never gets any easier. I can deal with people dying but every dog have lost has crucified me, I didn't cry when my mum died but when our Albie goes....

I'm thinking about it though.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Animal welfare on 09:21 - Aug 30 with 1530 viewsonehunglow

Morning Cat.
BBC just done a big feature on Dogs Trust and their work with these poor dogs .

Going to see more and more abandoned dogs.

We would have had one but they can have real issues

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Animal welfare on 09:49 - Aug 30 with 1512 viewsCatullus

Animal welfare on 09:21 - Aug 30 by onehunglow

Morning Cat.
BBC just done a big feature on Dogs Trust and their work with these poor dogs .

Going to see more and more abandoned dogs.

We would have had one but they can have real issues

I watched it which led to this thread. My problem is I'm not sure having another dog here full time will work, at 13 Albie is very jealous. he's never nasty but he gets sad. We looked after a neighbours dog for a week and he so obviously didn't like it.

I am Albie's every bit as much as he is mine. My wife even reckons I love him more than her!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Animal welfare on 09:55 - Aug 30 with 1505 viewsonehunglow

Animal welfare on 09:49 - Aug 30 by Catullus

I watched it which led to this thread. My problem is I'm not sure having another dog here full time will work, at 13 Albie is very jealous. he's never nasty but he gets sad. We looked after a neighbours dog for a week and he so obviously didn't like it.

I am Albie's every bit as much as he is mine. My wife even reckons I love him more than her!

I could look after your wife but I live 200 miles away.
Im working on some Barry Manilow right now.
Guaranteed to blow away any ladies away.

Animal welfare on 10:10 - Aug 30 with 1502 viewsDr_Winston

It is far too easy for people to have pets. If anyone can have a pet then the feckless, irresponsible types who will dump them at the first sign of hardship will also manage it.

Personally I'd have an animal owners register. Anyone who abandons a pet should be legally prohibited from ever owning one again.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Animal welfare on 10:17 - Aug 30 with 1495 viewsonehunglow

thinking of which Baz 's face has taken some surgery over the years.

Music still played though and he is loved by his fans to this day

Animal welfare on 10:18 - Aug 30 with 1499 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Anyone who abandons a dog or mistreats them in any way should get a bullet to the face in my opinion.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Animal welfare on 10:20 - Aug 30 with 1491 viewsonehunglow

As should happen with children abandoned or abused.
Imagine torturing a child and then being allowed to draw breathe for a long as you are able.
Our justice system

Animal welfare on 10:34 - Aug 30 with 1487 viewsSandanista

Since dogs should be microchipped perhaps its time to require basic insurance and fitness to own a dog-as is the case for a car. Being realistic it costs £50-100 to maintain a dog properly each month. They are sentient animals not a fashion accessory and should be afforded a minimal level of protection at the very least.
Login to get fewer ads

Animal welfare on 10:34 - Aug 30 with 1487 viewsshingle

Just lost my Jug and best pal and for three days I was in bits and am still not over it, so i totally understand what you are saying, think this is my first taste of grief.
Animal welfare on 11:23 - Aug 30 with 1472 viewsBoundy

We've had ours now for over 18 months and he's a joy full of character ,intelligent and loving so what ever the future brings he'll be with us , so much so we're debating on having another , we have the space , I'm part time and if I do go out to site then he comes with me .I'm forever looking on Many Tears web site and the amount of ex breeders dogs on there is criminal , discarded when bred out , the ones we fancy have issues such as having to be the only dog in the house or no small kids, both of which we have .I'm loath to buy another off a breeder so we'll, keep looking

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Animal welfare on 12:19 - Aug 30 with 1444 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

If I didn’t work and travel and had the time to give to a dog that it deserves I’d probably have 15 of the buggers running around.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Animal welfare on 13:40 - Aug 30 with 1412 viewsTreforys_Jack

Animal welfare on 10:34 - Aug 30 by shingle

Just lost my Jug and best pal and for three days I was in bits and am still not over it, so i totally understand what you are saying, think this is my first taste of grief.

I'm with you my friend, lost 2 in the last 2 years, my best pal 8 weeks ago. It really doesn't get any easier, but wouldn't be without them nevertheless. Got 3 now, picked up my latest 2 weeks ago, she's not a replacement but in place of. Already making her mark with her own personality and quirks, really lovely dog. My last 4 have come from Many Tears and have all needed extra nurturing and work due to their start in life, however the rewards are huge.
It may be worth ringing Many Tears to explain your situation and for them to keep you in mind when something suitable for single dog owning becomes available. They are really good down there, but don't suffer fools or time wasters. The dog is their ultimate priority and they are very experienced in matching dogs to owners.
Animal welfare on 14:29 - Aug 30 with 1382 viewsKeithHaynes

This is our Stan.
He is eight now, when he was rescued and we got him six years ago he weighed 8 kilo.
Now he’s 34 kilo.
We also have another rescue white boxer.

A drunk idiot took a kick at him a while back.
I’ll leave it there.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Animal welfare on 15:34 - Aug 30 with 1350 viewsTreforys_Jack

Animal welfare on 14:29 - Aug 30 by KeithHaynes

This is our Stan.
He is eight now, when he was rescued and we got him six years ago he weighed 8 kilo.
Now he’s 34 kilo.
We also have another rescue white boxer.

A drunk idiot took a kick at him a while back.
I’ll leave it there.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Handsome dog fair play.
Animal welfare on 15:49 - Aug 30 with 1341 viewsSirjohnalot

Absolutely wonderful animals. Ours is 4 in October, we've had him since 12 weeks. Cannot imagine every doing anything to hurt him. Such a loving little thing, cocker spaniel, always covered in mud, always rolling in smelly, horrible stuff, and rightly so.

Both myself and my wife would be gone before the dog : )
Animal welfare on 15:50 - Aug 30 with 1338 viewsonehunglow

Animal welfare on 15:34 - Aug 30 by Treforys_Jack

Handsome dog fair play.

Magnificent .
Stan !

great

Animal welfare on 22:42 - Aug 30 with 1258 views1462jack

Animal welfare on 15:49 - Aug 30 by Sirjohnalot

Absolutely wonderful animals. Ours is 4 in October, we've had him since 12 weeks. Cannot imagine every doing anything to hurt him. Such a loving little thing, cocker spaniel, always covered in mud, always rolling in smelly, horrible stuff, and rightly so.

Both myself and my wife would be gone before the dog : )

I’m quite a cold person takes a lot for me to get upset , I’m quite heartless or so I thought , a week last Friday ( whilst the wife was in slow labour at singleton) had to take my staff to the vets to be put to sleep , he would have been 18 in January , we had him a couple of weeks old just after my first child was born , I am not ashamed to admit I cried in the back of the car whilst holding him taking him there , I cried when he was put to sleep , I cried when we brought him home and cried when we buried him out the back , I never thought it would get to me but get to me it did , like others have alluded to on here that dog was my family and it hurt
Animal welfare on 22:50 - Aug 30 with 1256 viewsCatullus

Animal welfare on 22:42 - Aug 30 by 1462jack

I’m quite a cold person takes a lot for me to get upset , I’m quite heartless or so I thought , a week last Friday ( whilst the wife was in slow labour at singleton) had to take my staff to the vets to be put to sleep , he would have been 18 in January , we had him a couple of weeks old just after my first child was born , I am not ashamed to admit I cried in the back of the car whilst holding him taking him there , I cried when he was put to sleep , I cried when we brought him home and cried when we buried him out the back , I never thought it would get to me but get to me it did , like others have alluded to on here that dog was my family and it hurt

All of us who love dogs and have had the joy of them for a long time, we feel your pain mate.

I'll cry like a baby but my biggest wish is that Albie goes naturally, a vets needle will finish me as much as him!

Animal welfare on 23:11 - Aug 30 with 1241 views1462jack

Animal welfare on 22:50 - Aug 30 by Catullus

All of us who love dogs and have had the joy of them for a long time, we feel your pain mate.

I'll cry like a baby but my biggest wish is that Albie goes naturally, a vets needle will finish me as much as him!

We also got a 4 year old frenchy and he lives on through her , she has all his mannerisms and ways it’s comical, she has sort of lost her bounce since he left she’s not as playful anymore , she’s definitely grieving poor little thing , amazing animals so bloody loyal
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024