Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Games Off 11:41 - Sep 9 with 10760 viewsdna

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/62846756
Games Off on 19:53 - Sep 10 with 1328 viewsjack247

Games Off on 19:07 - Sep 10 by shingle

Thousands of Boxing fans made trips to the o2 many arriving Thursday night and Friday morning they had already spent for hotels plus travel expenses etc the event was called off at 3pm on Friday afternoon for the so called mark of respect these decision makers use as a reason, also if the Boxers do not fight they do not get paid they have also just gone through an 8 week training camp which obviously costs and then many have to come over from other countries would you call that not much of an hardship as well.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2022 19:08]

If you’re talking about people flying over from America to watch Clarissa Shields, then that’s a different kettle of fish. We weren’t discussing boxing here. Maybe ask on a boxing thread?

For what it’s worth though I think

1. Whoever was promoting that fight, as well as the FA and cycling, come out of this weekend with more credit than the rugby, cricket etc governing bodies.
2. Fighters having to redo/amend a training camp is a ball ache for them, but pales into insignificance compared to the Queen dying.
3. The vast, vast majority of people complaining weren’t going to these events anyway, they are just annoyed they don’t get to watch on tv. That’s not a hardship.
Games Off on 20:14 - Sep 10 with 1291 viewsJack123

Games Off on 19:53 - Sep 10 by jack247

If you’re talking about people flying over from America to watch Clarissa Shields, then that’s a different kettle of fish. We weren’t discussing boxing here. Maybe ask on a boxing thread?

1. Whoever was promoting that fight, as well as the FA and cycling, come out of this weekend with more credit than the rugby, cricket etc governing bodies.
2. Fighters having to redo/amend a training camp is a ball ache for them, but pales into insignificance compared to the Queen dying.
3. The vast, vast majority of people complaining weren’t going to these events anyway, they are just annoyed they don’t get to watch on tv. That’s not a hardship.

That post sounds to me like you are 100% behind compulsory forced mourning?

Let's face it everything should go ahead, If you feel the need not to attend to mourn/remember HM, then you can.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2022 20:23]

libera nos a malo

Games Off on 20:26 - Sep 10 with 1273 viewsjack247

Games Off on 20:14 - Sep 10 by Jack123

Let's face it everything should go ahead, If you feel the need not to attend to mourn/remember HM, then you can.

Not at all. I don’t really get the 12 day mourning period if I’m honest.

I’m 100% behind games being postponed this weekend as a mark of respect. That’s it.
Games Off on 20:26 - Sep 10 with 1273 viewsBoundy

Games Off on 20:14 - Sep 10 by Jack123

No one being forced into mourning ,that's nonsense it's like on Christmas day and nearly all shops are closed because of the Christian faith, what if you're a non believer

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Games Off on 20:28 - Sep 10 with 1261 viewsJack123

Games Off on 20:26 - Sep 10 by Boundy

No one being forced into mourning ,that's nonsense it's like on Christmas day and nearly all shops are closed because of the Christian faith, what if you're a non believer

Well they are though, the games for footy are off in the uk, hence my point about forced mourning, other sports are on.

libera nos a malo

Games Off on 20:30 - Sep 10 with 1259 viewstrampie

Games Off on 19:31 - Sep 10 by BryanSwan

Free day off then, can't complain there.

Yes can't complain at all.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Games Off on 20:32 - Sep 10 with 1251 viewsjack247

Games Off on 20:28 - Sep 10 by Jack123

Well they are though, the games for footy are off in the uk, hence my point about forced mourning, other sports are on.

Why is that forced mourning? You’re being stopped from watching football, you’re not being forced into a church.
Games Off on 20:37 - Sep 10 with 1242 viewsJack123

Games Off on 20:32 - Sep 10 by jack247

Why is that forced mourning? You’re being stopped from watching football, you’re not being forced into a church.

Because it is.

Forced mourning.

Just because you want to watch a footy match, should not be seen as disrespectful . especially as you have the likes of god knows how many other sports going on today.

They have have stopped footy, pure and simple because they can't police it.

libera nos a malo

Login to get fewer ads

Games Off on 20:38 - Sep 10 with 1239 viewsjack247

Games Off on 20:37 - Sep 10 by Jack123

Because it is.

Forced mourning.

Just because you want to watch a footy match, should not be seen as disrespectful . especially as you have the likes of god knows how many other sports going on today.

They have have stopped footy, pure and simple because they can't police it.

Did you mourn today?
Games Off on 20:46 - Sep 10 with 1227 viewsJack123

Games Off on 20:38 - Sep 10 by jack247

Did you mourn today?

Why would I? Be in mourning for the Queens passing?

I would only mourn, anyone close to me.

Who I like..

libera nos a malo

Games Off on 20:47 - Sep 10 with 1225 viewsjack247

Games Off on 20:46 - Sep 10 by Jack123

Why would I? Be in mourning for the Queens passing?

I would only mourn, anyone close to me.

Who I like..

Right. So you weren’t forced to mourn
Games Off on 20:51 - Sep 10 with 1222 viewsJack123

Games Off on 20:47 - Sep 10 by jack247

Right. So you weren’t forced to mourn

I'll be honest, I can't be doing with trick question rubbish, at the moment.

I'm not going into full detail what I said, but come on.

libera nos a malo

Games Off on 20:57 - Sep 10 with 1218 viewsjack247

Games Off on 20:51 - Sep 10 by Jack123

I'll be honest, I can't be doing with trick question rubbish, at the moment.

I'm not going into full detail what I said, but come on.

It’s not a trick question. I’m just highlighting that ‘forced mourning’ is absolute nonsense. It doesn’t exist.

We’ve had a game delayed, that’s all that’s happened.
Games Off on 21:06 - Sep 10 with 1200 viewsJack123

Games Off on 20:57 - Sep 10 by jack247

It’s not a trick question. I’m just highlighting that ‘forced mourning’ is absolute nonsense. It doesn’t exist.

We’ve had a game delayed, that’s all that’s happened.

That is true, although other sports are going ahead..

Personally, I only mourn family and friends, although I do appreciate the significance of Her Royal Highness passing, it seems to me, the way things have gone, are purely out of shall we say ' not enough manpower'

libera nos a malo

Games Off on 22:30 - Sep 10 with 1154 viewstrampie

Games Off on 21:06 - Sep 10 by Jack123

That is true, although other sports are going ahead..

Personally, I only mourn family and friends, although I do appreciate the significance of Her Royal Highness passing, it seems to me, the way things have gone, are purely out of shall we say ' not enough manpower'

Only a technicality but I think the Queen was called "Your Majesty". With other members of the royal family being called your "Royal Highness" .

You can tell I've been a royal family watcher can't you.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Games Off on 22:50 - Sep 10 with 1139 viewsJack123

Games Off on 22:30 - Sep 10 by trampie

Only a technicality but I think the Queen was called "Your Majesty". With other members of the royal family being called your "Royal Highness" .

Ha, I'm not sure.. :)

Just had a google and it's complicated.

libera nos a malo

Games Off on 23:19 - Sep 10 with 1114 viewstrampie

Games Off on 22:50 - Sep 10 by Jack123

Ha, I'm not sure.. :)

Just had a google and it's complicated.

https://www.royal.uk/greeting-member-royal-family

I had only heard the Queen referred to as Your Majesty and people like Princess Anne and Princess Margaret as Your Royal Highness, when I saw your post I thought, oh I have never heard the Queen called that but I had heard her sister and daughter called that.

Games Off on 12:21 - Sep 11 with 1034 viewsGwyn737

It seems not all games were off this weekend….

Games Off on 13:09 - Sep 11 with 987 viewstrampie

Games Off on 12:21 - Sep 11 by Gwyn737

It seems not all games were off this weekend….

That is absolutely disgraceful, we have two English teams (Man U and West Ham) playing on the day the Queen died and now we have teams just down the road from her residence playing against the FA's and English schools wishes, talk about disrespecting the Queen and English football it's disgraceful.

Games Off on 16:27 - Sep 11 with 940 viewsWhiterockin

At the moment there is no guarantee that the Shefield game is on, it needs to be confirmed.

However, the EFL is yet to issue a statement about its fixtures on Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62869041
[Post edited 11 Sep 2022 16:28]

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Games Off on 16:46 - Sep 11 with 937 viewsonehunglow

Games Off on 22:30 - Sep 10 by trampie

You re clearly out of control

It must be like when Thatcher died

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Games Off on 17:48 - Sep 11 with 904 viewsswan_si

Games Off on 16:27 - Sep 11 by Whiterockin

At the moment there is no guarantee that the Shefield game is on, it needs to be confirmed.

However, the EFL is yet to issue a statement about its fixtures on Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62869041
[Post edited 11 Sep 2022 16:28]

I think the midweek games should go ahead, let the boo boys,and girls have their moment, whichever game the minute, or 2, silence is going to be spoilt, whether that be next week, next month or whenever, I think Saturdays matches was down to policing.
Games Off on 18:39 - Sep 11 with 884 viewsjack247

Games Off on 13:09 - Sep 11 by trampie

That is absolutely disgraceful, we have two English teams (Man U and West Ham) playing on the day the Queen died and now we have teams just down the road from her residence playing against the FA's and English schools wishes, talk about disrespecting the Queen and English football it's disgraceful.

I agree. That game should have been postponed
Games Off on 18:42 - Sep 11 with 882 viewsshingle

Games Off on 19:53 - Sep 10 by jack247

Best check things out before you post, the promotors wanted the event to go ahead it was the BBBC who stopped the event and how can you possibly think the queen dying of old age is worse than others having there earnings taken away, many of these people have lost thousands you header whilst millions of others are being forced to do stuff they do not want to do.
Games Off on 18:47 - Sep 11 with 879 viewsjack247

Games Off on 18:42 - Sep 11 by shingle

Best check things out before you post, the promotors wanted the event to go ahead it was the BBBC who stopped the event and how can you possibly think the queen dying of old age is worse than others having there earnings taken away, many of these people have lost thousands you header whilst millions of others are being forced to do stuff they do not want to do.

Then good on the BBBC.

If you can’t differentiate between the Queen and a bog standard 96 year old woman, then I can see why you hold the view you do.

‘Millions of others are being forced to do stuff they don’t want to do’….No. Don’t make nonsense up. Football and boxing got postponed. That’s all. Nobody got forced to do anything.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024