Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh Indy and the EU 20:05 - Sep 11 with 4934 viewsCatullus

Now these arguments have been done to death on here but it seems that a journalist, Will Hayward, has been looking into it and his findings are,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/you-supporting-welsh-independence-be

He thinks if we went indy it could take 25 years to get back into the EU. Hmmmm, that on top of him thinking that even if we voted for indy soon (in 5 years say) it could take 5 years to extricate ourselves from the UK.

Not happening in my lifetime then.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Welsh Indy and the EU on 19:58 - Sep 12 with 1292 viewsCatullus

Welsh Indy and the EU on 17:35 - Sep 12 by trampie

If there was no devolution we would be worse off, have you thought of that.

That is an opinion and given the way things have gone, how can you justify it?

Things have gotten very much worse since devolution, the NHS to start with. maybe it would be better with central control of the NHS from England?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Welsh Indy and the EU on 20:28 - Sep 12 with 1262 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Indy and the EU on 19:58 - Sep 12 by Catullus

Things have gotten very much worse since devolution, the NHS to start with. maybe it would be better with central control of the NHS from England?

Would they take independence even if it meant a drop on living standards .

Welsh the only language in schools,no jobs for non English speakers ,massive taxes for English visitors ,S4C the national broadcaster of Wales .?

The pound couldn’t be used so it’s the Euro if they were allowed into the EU .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Welsh Indy and the EU on 21:13 - Sep 12 with 1239 viewstrampie

Welsh Indy and the EU on 19:58 - Sep 12 by Catullus

England outside of the South and London seems to have got worse, I think it was OHL said the other day that Wales was pourer than England but London and the South skews everything, the figures I seen showed that the average household in Wales was richer than the average household in Yorkshire, the North East, the North West, the East Midlands and the West Midlands and they are directly ruled from Westminster, so why would we in Wales be any different to those English regions, we could be worse off than we are now.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Welsh Indy and the EU on 21:25 - Sep 12 with 1233 views73__73

Welsh Indy and the EU on 21:13 - Sep 12 by trampie

England outside of the South and London seems to have got worse, I think it was OHL said the other day that Wales was pourer than England but London and the South skews everything, the figures I seen showed that the average household in Wales was richer than the average household in Yorkshire, the North East, the North West, the East Midlands and the West Midlands and they are directly ruled from Westminster, so why would we in Wales be any different to those English regions, we could be worse off than we are now.

England, Royals, Torys are living in your head rent free......pity mun 😂

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Welsh Indy and the EU on 22:06 - Sep 12 with 1200 viewsCatullus

Welsh Indy and the EU on 21:13 - Sep 12 by trampie

Oh so now Wales is better off than.....not so long ago it was always Westminster bad because they made Wales so poor.

London and the South skews everything you say, odd thn that the poorest area of the UK, officially now, is Clacton on Sea in Essex. Or is that not far enough South?

But here you go, Wales is poorer than the North East but I can't see anything about Yorkshire,

https://www.business-live.co.uk/opinion-analysis/wales-no-longer-poorest-part-17

Welsh Indy and the EU on 22:44 - Sep 12 with 1175 viewstrampie

Welsh Indy and the EU on 22:06 - Sep 12 by Catullus

Oh so now Wales is better off than.....not so long ago it was always Westminster bad because they made Wales so poor.

London and the South skews everything you say, odd thn that the poorest area of the UK, officially now, is Clacton on Sea in Essex. Or is that not far enough South?

But here you go, Wales is poorer than the North East but I can't see anything about Yorkshire,

https://www.business-live.co.uk/opinion-analysis/wales-no-longer-poorest-part-17

Oh thankfully we don't have anywhere as bad as Clacton then, which by the way is well North of Watford, so it's all relative.

You are looking at GDP which is not a measure of wealth, it's a measure of economic activity, I was looking at wealth (because a poster had mentioned wealth), property minus mortgage, money in the bank, values of cars etc, all net so debt taken into consideration.
Welsh households apparently wealthier than many regions of England.
So if we were independent we could be smashing it but if we went back to being ruled totally by Westminster we could end up like Jaywick, Westminster clearly failed the people that live there.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2022 22:50]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Welsh Indy and the EU on 12:24 - Sep 13 with 1094 viewsCatullus

Welsh Indy and the EU on 22:44 - Sep 12 by trampie

Oh thankfully we don't have anywhere as bad as Clacton then, which by the way is well North of Watford, so it's all relative.

You are looking at GDP which is not a measure of wealth, it's a measure of economic activity, I was looking at wealth (because a poster had mentioned wealth), property minus mortgage, money in the bank, values of cars etc, all net so debt taken into consideration.
Welsh households apparently wealthier than many regions of England.
So if we were independent we could be smashing it but if we went back to being ruled totally by Westminster we could end up like Jaywick, Westminster clearly failed the people that live there.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2022 22:50]

Wales is still below the Uk average on the wealth scale. Ironic that you go there though, we have risen on the wealth scale but quite probably because of all the English people who sold their nice houses and moved over here, bringing wealth with them and possibly being mostgage free with a good chunk in the bank. At the same time they removed wealth from wherever they used to live.

GDP not a measure of wealth, countries with bad GDP are poor.

Clacton on sea is "well North" of Watford, I'm sure its residents will be surprised to find they are Northeners! To most of us Clacton is in the South, it's not even in the Midlands which is a distinct region from the "North"

Welsh Indy and the EU on 12:58 - Sep 13 with 1075 viewstrampie

Welsh Indy and the EU on 12:24 - Sep 13 by Catullus

Wales is still below the Uk average on the wealth scale. Ironic that you go there though, we have risen on the wealth scale but quite probably because of all the English people who sold their nice houses and moved over here, bringing wealth with them and possibly being mostgage free with a good chunk in the bank. At the same time they removed wealth from wherever they used to live.

Clacton on sea is "well North" of Watford, I'm sure its residents will be surprised to find they are Northeners! To most of us Clacton is in the South, it's not even in the Midlands which is a distinct region from the "North"

East of England.

Login to get fewer ads

Welsh Indy and the EU on 13:27 - Sep 13 with 1072 viewsBoundy

Welsh Indy and the EU on 12:58 - Sep 13 by trampie

East of England.

Is the North Sea ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Welsh Indy and the EU on 13:43 - Sep 13 with 1054 viewstrampie

Welsh Indy and the EU on 13:27 - Sep 13 by Boundy

Is the North Sea ?

On checking it seems that Clacton is in the East of England region, 85 miles North-East of London and on the North sea.

Welsh Indy and the EU on 14:13 - Sep 13 with 1049 viewsGwyn737

You can't think of the South East as one area either.

Anyone who has been to Littlehampton, Hastings, Dover or Thanet will atest to that.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2022 15:58]
Welsh Indy and the EU on 14:22 - Sep 13 with 1045 viewsBoundy

Welsh Indy and the EU on 14:13 - Sep 13 by Gwyn737

You can't think of the South East as one area either.

Anyone who has been to Littlehampton, Hastings, Dover or Thanet will atest to that.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2022 15:58]

Try Romney Marshes

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Welsh Indy and the EU on 14:35 - Sep 13 with 1037 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Indy and the EU on 12:24 - Sep 13 by Catullus

Don't bring northerners into it mun

Those valleys are narrow.It's still 1924 and the Great Revival is still on,Evan Roberts from Loughor in full God Fearing mode.

We're due in burning hell,you know that

Welsh Indy and the EU on 15:00 - Sep 13 with 1027 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh Indy and the EU on 13:43 - Sep 13 by trampie

On checking it seems that Clacton is in the East of England region, 85 miles North-East of London and on the North sea.

Your knowledge of geography is about as bad as your knowledge of economics and politics. Clacton is 80 miles from London by road but its latitude is about 20 miles north of London.

That is about the same distance Merthyr is North of Cardiff. The last time I Looked that makes Merthyr a part of South Wales not North Wales or even Mid Wales.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Welsh Indy and the EU on 15:30 - Sep 13 with 999 viewstrampie

Welsh Indy and the EU on 15:00 - Sep 13 by felixstowe_jack

Your knowledge of geography is about as bad as your knowledge of economics and politics. Clacton is 80 miles from London by road but its latitude is about 20 miles north of London.

That is about the same distance Merthyr is North of Cardiff. The last time I Looked that makes Merthyr a part of South Wales not North Wales or even Mid Wales.

It might well be 20 miles latitude north of London but saying its 85 miles northeast of London distance wise is still correct.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2022 16:07]

Welsh Indy and the EU on 15:59 - Sep 13 with 985 viewsCatullus

Welsh Indy and the EU on 15:30 - Sep 13 by trampie

It might well be 20 miles latitude north of London but saying its 85 miles northeast of London distance wise is still correct.

Clacton is not North England, agreed? it's in the Southern third. Regardless, what about the other points?

Welsh Indy and the EU on 16:03 - Sep 13 with 977 viewstrampie

Welsh Indy and the EU on 15:59 - Sep 13 by Catullus

Clacton is not North England, agreed? it's in the Southern third. Regardless, what about the other points?

Clacton is not in the North of England and I never said it was, I just said it was well North of Watford, it's East England it's in the East England region.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2022 16:12]

Welsh Indy and the EU on 23:23 - Sep 13 with 945 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh Indy and the EU on 15:30 - Sep 13 by trampie

Incorrect again! If it was 85 miles northeast of london then it would be approximately 60 miles north of London and 60 miles. east of London. Simple trigonometry of an isosceles triangle.
Try a bearing of East by East North East and you might be right. Hope you have a good SatNav in your car.

For you information
Average house prices in clacton is £253,742
Average house price in Bridgend is £221,438
Average house price in Carmarthen £209,392

Not sure Clacton is a poor as you make out
[Post edited 13 Sep 2022 23:23]

Welsh Indy and the EU on 23:31 - Sep 13 with 941 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh Indy and the EU on 19:23 - Sep 12 by trampie

The location of the proposed by pass routes are by Cardiff, therefore more money spent on Cardiff and it's environs.

The M4 is a major road connecting West Wales to London.
Any improvement to bottlenecks along it length benefit everyone. It is regarded as a National important infrastructure.

To say it only benefits Cardiff is Rubbish a bit like saying the two Severn Bridges only benefit the local areas either side of it.

Welsh Indy and the EU on 06:41 - Sep 14 with 912 viewstrampie

Welsh Indy and the EU on 23:23 - Sep 13 by felixstowe_jack

Incorrect again! If it was 85 miles northeast of london then it would be approximately 60 miles north of London and 60 miles. east of London. Simple trigonometry of an isosceles triangle.
Try a bearing of East by East North East and you might be right. Hope you have a good SatNav in your car.

For you information
Average house prices in clacton is £253,742
Average house price in Bridgend is £221,438
Average house price in Carmarthen £209,392

Not sure Clacton is a poor as you make out
[Post edited 13 Sep 2022 23:23]

85 miles northeast of London comes from wiki and it's Cat making out Clacton is poor.

Welsh Indy and the EU on 22:01 - Sep 14 with 852 viewsCatullus

Welsh Indy and the EU on 16:03 - Sep 13 by trampie

Clacton is not in the North of England and I never said it was, I just said it was well North of Watford, it's East England it's in the East England region.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2022 16:12]

Nah, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, they are well North of Watford. I don't expect you'll respond to the other points. Past history is a great teacher, or it should be.

Welsh Indy and the EU on 22:41 - Sep 14 with 838 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh Indy and the EU on 06:41 - Sep 14 by trampie

85 miles northeast of London comes from wiki and it's Cat making out Clacton is poor.

Are you daft enough to believe everything on wiki without doing any research.

Clacton is in Esssex which is one of the "home counties " the counties bordering London.

Welsh Indy and the EU on 10:28 - Sep 15 with 774 viewsCatullus

Welsh Indy and the EU on 06:41 - Sep 14 by trampie

BTW, I'm not making out anything, it's the official stats that say Calcton is poor. House prices by themselves don't come into it. Lots of people live in nice houses with mortgages that are stretching them, with the interest rate rises it could bite a lot of people hard.

Meanwhile in leafy Wales our newer residents have bought a nice house and banked a good chunk making Wales statistically better off even if the reality is somewhat different.

Welsh Indy and the EU on 10:32 - Sep 15 with 773 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Indy and the EU on 22:01 - Sep 14 by Catullus

Nah, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, they are well North of Watford. I don't expect you'll respond to the other points. Past history is a great teacher, or it should be.

Manchester is north of Liverpool and as for Leeds ,proper north,then there's Newcastle-almost Oslo.

Welsh Indy and the EU on 10:36 - Sep 15 with 770 viewsCatullus

Welsh Indy and the EU on 10:32 - Sep 15 by onehunglow

Manchester is north of Liverpool and as for Leeds ,proper north,then there's Newcastle-almost Oslo.

Is that close to Aberdeen-almost-Reykjavik?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024