Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans Forum 18:46 - Oct 13 with 11552 viewsaston_hoop

Live on Youtube if anyone fancies watching it

Edit - 7pm start

[Post edited 13 Oct 2022 18:46]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Fans Forum on 10:01 - Oct 14 with 2373 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum on 09:01 - Oct 14 by daveB

Fantastic read as ever, quite enjoyed watching last night as well

On the kid getting released I think in defence of the parent he did say they had not been told why which was a problem, I don't know how QPR do things but at other clubs you have regular meetings with the coaches and are told well in advance if there are problems so you can work on them or if for example you are a striker and that age group had 6 other strikers they may feel for your own development it is better to go elsewhere and have more playing time. If those conversations have not been had then you can see why you had a Phil Beard moment last night and an angry parent thinking well where else can i get an answer.

Easy for us all to take the piss but that took some balls to ask that question in front of a lot of people directly to the man in charge

Agree.
Fans Forum on 10:15 - Oct 14 with 2318 viewsslmrstid

Thanks for the write up Clive and nice to meet you last night. I quite enjoyed it although a few bits in the second half started to feel a bit tedious when questions become a variance of a theme.

Although I said it in my question I did also speak to Lee Hoos again at the end to thank him for his time and to pass that on to Mick and Les - I think thats quite important out of both politeness, but also to hopefully continue to make it clear these are worthwhile. End of the day those guys are giving up their time for us too and no doubt much rather be at home with their families, and as you point out there are other clubs who dont do anything like this. So I wanted to get that across.
Fans Forum on 10:21 - Oct 14 with 2280 viewsStanisgod

Fans Forum on 23:26 - Oct 13 by DWQPR

Was offered to Chris Wright by the council after the old school there was knocked down.

Thing Gregory could have had it as well.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Fans Forum on 10:22 - Oct 14 with 2279 viewsconnell10

Fans Forum on 10:01 - Oct 14 by Northernr

Agree.

I just found it totally cringe inducing , sorry but the bloke should have just came out with it straight away instead if trying to trap the panel. That would have come across much better, instead of all the blather about his son at uni .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Fans Forum on 10:33 - Oct 14 with 2204 viewsjoe90

I've always thought with the stadium, instead of looking to increase capacity why not first try and improve the current set-up. It must be possible to remove all the restricted views?!
Fans Forum on 10:33 - Oct 14 with 2192 viewsSheffieldHoop

Fans Forum on 10:15 - Oct 14 by slmrstid

Thanks for the write up Clive and nice to meet you last night. I quite enjoyed it although a few bits in the second half started to feel a bit tedious when questions become a variance of a theme.

Although I said it in my question I did also speak to Lee Hoos again at the end to thank him for his time and to pass that on to Mick and Les - I think thats quite important out of both politeness, but also to hopefully continue to make it clear these are worthwhile. End of the day those guys are giving up their time for us too and no doubt much rather be at home with their families, and as you point out there are other clubs who dont do anything like this. So I wanted to get that across.

Did you ask the question about football groups by any chance? That and Clive's question basically saved the whole thing for me.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Fans Forum on 10:36 - Oct 14 with 2168 viewsslmrstid

Fans Forum on 10:33 - Oct 14 by SheffieldHoop

Did you ask the question about football groups by any chance? That and Clive's question basically saved the whole thing for me.

Yes, my question was on the Watford/Udinese link and whether there was mileage in attempting to outlaw Related Party transactions for FFP. Lee Hoos gave me a fair answer on it and why its probably not, unfortunately, likely to happen.
Fans Forum on 10:42 - Oct 14 with 2133 viewsSheffieldHoop

Fans Forum on 10:36 - Oct 14 by slmrstid

Yes, my question was on the Watford/Udinese link and whether there was mileage in attempting to outlaw Related Party transactions for FFP. Lee Hoos gave me a fair answer on it and why its probably not, unfortunately, likely to happen.

Yeah, good question, thanks for asking it.

I thought the most interesting bit is that we're building a share of future transfer fees into player contracts. I wonder realistically how high that share can be? I guess this would be offset against the clubs demanding a share of future transfer fees from the buying club? I also wonder whether it would still be more lucrative for players to run their contracts down. But the club can only do what they can.

Login to get fewer ads

Fans Forum on 10:42 - Oct 14 with 2143 viewsdaveB

Fans Forum on 09:59 - Oct 14 by Hoopsie

Does it mean that to be profitable and sustainable the answer is to increase the seating capacity of loftus road? Lee Hoos used the example of burnley, however burnley’s stadium capacity is under 22000, so if the stadium is used everyday for commercial purposes as claimed, it wouldn’t be football related activities which I suppose happen 2-3 times a month on average? Loftus road is just under 19000, and if clever retrofitting within its present footprint we may just yet get it to 20000-22000 (mainly enlarging South Africa stand and the school end presumably if we were to buy the school site) which means buying the school site we can build commercial facilities to integrate with the present/upgraded stadium to provide “burnley type” daily usage for revenue outside football related uses. Are we overthinking that to be long term viable for the club it is always going to be a new 30000-40000 capacity stadium?

What you could do with the school is use the building to maybe house a resturant, nice coprorate facilities that could be used every day and be better than the current match day ones. You then expand the school end and SA Road, add another 4/5000 seats whilst also improving both stands, you make new match day boxes for people to use and they have the pre match meal, meet and greet with old players etc in the now smaller school building which is incoprated into the stadium.

I've no idea if that is possible BTW or how much it would cost
Fans Forum on 10:44 - Oct 14 with 2138 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Fans Forum on 08:39 - Oct 14 by Rs_Holy

Buying the school is not as attractive as it once was becasue of the newish houses that have been built to the side of it... We might be able to increase the Upper tier on one side (bit like the away stand at Forest). But whats the point if it only gives us another 1000 - 2000 seats.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2022 10:36]

If the school wants more land wouldn’t it make sense for the council to find us a plot somewhere? Then the school could have some/all of the land at Loftus Rd.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Fans Forum on 10:50 - Oct 14 with 2101 viewsRs_Holy

Fans Forum on 10:33 - Oct 14 by joe90

I've always thought with the stadium, instead of looking to increase capacity why not first try and improve the current set-up. It must be possible to remove all the restricted views?!

Its all do-able but how much will it cost and what returns does the club get for the money spent? SA Road Stand could be increased to justify it. I think the Stan Bowles would remain the same capacity unless the residents of Ellerslie Road accept a bigger stand with a potential overhang at the bottom of their gardens.

[Post edited 14 Oct 2022 10:52]
Fans Forum on 10:55 - Oct 14 with 2059 viewsslmrstid

I have to say I did find Mick Beale's half really interesting. He had a lot of really insightful stuff to share. I didnt really feel I had anything useful I could ask there 'cos whilst I've been watching football for 25 years, when it comes to professional and elite football I know Sweet FA. Really interesting guy to listen to though.
Fans Forum on 10:56 - Oct 14 with 2058 viewsdaveB

Fans Forum on 10:22 - Oct 14 by connell10

I just found it totally cringe inducing , sorry but the bloke should have just came out with it straight away instead if trying to trap the panel. That would have come across much better, instead of all the blather about his son at uni .

Oh it was cringe worthy but if the fella has not been given information before about the whys he probably thought this was his best chance to get an answer. You get this a lot in fans forums where emails are ignored and what is to everyone else a daft pointless question has become a massive issue for someone and they want to air it.

They did say at the end about emailing the club if you have problens, i did that multiple times last season after not being sent the survery for the lower loft/rail seating despite being a st holder in there and never got a single response. I'm to shy/anxious to stand up in a room full of people and say where was my fecking survey but i was really pissed off about it last season and can see how people when given this opportunity can raise an issue which has annoyed them.

While I'm off on one I thought Hoos belitting some of the answers to that survey was out of order and that complete horseshit about moving people out of the family stand when their kids become 21 as if the kid is no longer their kid on that day is a disgrace. if they want that stand just for children they should rename it the children stand as you don't stop being family when you get older.
Fans Forum on 11:07 - Oct 14 with 2012 viewsGloryHunter

Fans Forum on 10:50 - Oct 14 by Rs_Holy

Its all do-able but how much will it cost and what returns does the club get for the money spent? SA Road Stand could be increased to justify it. I think the Stan Bowles would remain the same capacity unless the residents of Ellerslie Road accept a bigger stand with a potential overhang at the bottom of their gardens.

[Post edited 14 Oct 2022 10:52]

There has been recent talk that we have very wealthy owners who would like to spend money, but they can't spend it while we are in the Championship because of Profit and Sustainability rules. However were we to get promoted, they would be able to spend. That would open the possibility of making an offer-they-can't-refuse to the owners of the houses on Ellerslie Road, and/or the council for a big chunk of South Africa Road (the actual pavement and tarmac).
Fans Forum on 11:13 - Oct 14 with 1986 viewsfrancisbowles

Fans Forum on 10:56 - Oct 14 by daveB

Oh it was cringe worthy but if the fella has not been given information before about the whys he probably thought this was his best chance to get an answer. You get this a lot in fans forums where emails are ignored and what is to everyone else a daft pointless question has become a massive issue for someone and they want to air it.

They did say at the end about emailing the club if you have problens, i did that multiple times last season after not being sent the survery for the lower loft/rail seating despite being a st holder in there and never got a single response. I'm to shy/anxious to stand up in a room full of people and say where was my fecking survey but i was really pissed off about it last season and can see how people when given this opportunity can raise an issue which has annoyed them.

While I'm off on one I thought Hoos belitting some of the answers to that survey was out of order and that complete horseshit about moving people out of the family stand when their kids become 21 as if the kid is no longer their kid on that day is a disgrace. if they want that stand just for children they should rename it the children stand as you don't stop being family when you get older.

I thought the family stand answer was reasonable. There are facilities and attractions specifically for kids in that area and it's important to have access for the next generation.

How that stacks up numbers wise, I don't know, but the theory and strategy is there.

As he says, he can't please everyone. I'm sure there were people who chose to leave the area that is now rail seating who didn't want to move.
Fans Forum on 11:20 - Oct 14 with 1951 viewsSheffieldHoop

I like Hoos approach. He's honest with people - If people feel he's being dismissive or condescending, maybe he is, and maybe there's a good reason for that.

You can only imagine the groan in my kitchen when he got the question about homophobic chanting. Thought he answered it brilliantly.

Fans Forum on 11:33 - Oct 14 with 1900 viewsstainrods_elbow

Fans Forum on 09:59 - Oct 14 by Hoopsie

Does it mean that to be profitable and sustainable the answer is to increase the seating capacity of loftus road? Lee Hoos used the example of burnley, however burnley’s stadium capacity is under 22000, so if the stadium is used everyday for commercial purposes as claimed, it wouldn’t be football related activities which I suppose happen 2-3 times a month on average? Loftus road is just under 19000, and if clever retrofitting within its present footprint we may just yet get it to 20000-22000 (mainly enlarging South Africa stand and the school end presumably if we were to buy the school site) which means buying the school site we can build commercial facilities to integrate with the present/upgraded stadium to provide “burnley type” daily usage for revenue outside football related uses. Are we overthinking that to be long term viable for the club it is always going to be a new 30000-40000 capacity stadium?

As I've repeatedly illustrated, and as his critiqued contribution to last night's Forum abundantly corroborated, LH has no interest in developing, upgrading or working with the Loftus Road stadium for the betterment of the club or its fans, notwithstanding the bit of commendable pushback from one attendee last night and some constructive suggestions here - the guy's a too fast-talking flim-flam machine. Still, those zombies who trot out their programmed platitudes about how we're 'lucky to have him' continue to endure like some tiresome low-grade horror franchise.

Beale was great, though, and I liked Les's response to the question about the ousted 9 year old.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2022 11:38]

Poll: On the basis of pre-season.the current squad, where will we finish this sea son?

Fans Forum on 11:40 - Oct 14 with 1897 viewsArty

Fans Forum on 11:07 - Oct 14 by GloryHunter

There has been recent talk that we have very wealthy owners who would like to spend money, but they can't spend it while we are in the Championship because of Profit and Sustainability rules. However were we to get promoted, they would be able to spend. That would open the possibility of making an offer-they-can't-refuse to the owners of the houses on Ellerslie Road, and/or the council for a big chunk of South Africa Road (the actual pavement and tarmac).

I believe any money spent on training ground, acadamy or new stadium has no impact on FFP. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong
Fans Forum on 11:42 - Oct 14 with 1874 viewsstainrods_elbow

Fans Forum on 10:42 - Oct 14 by daveB

What you could do with the school is use the building to maybe house a resturant, nice coprorate facilities that could be used every day and be better than the current match day ones. You then expand the school end and SA Road, add another 4/5000 seats whilst also improving both stands, you make new match day boxes for people to use and they have the pre match meal, meet and greet with old players etc in the now smaller school building which is incoprated into the stadium.

Another great question for the defeatist Hoos in Clive's next interview, though he'd probably treat it with the same blustering contempt he reserves for any positive proposals about the ground.

Poll: On the basis of pre-season.the current squad, where will we finish this sea son?

Fans Forum on 11:48 - Oct 14 with 1851 viewsstainrods_elbow

Fans Forum on 10:56 - Oct 14 by daveB

The whole Family Stand fiasco is something the club needs to transform by returning the Loft to ('safe') standing and incentivising families by suitable ticketing packages all over the ground, end of. Football is for fans, all fans, and we're one family, so the name itself is stupid, pointless and mainly politically motivated. In my (not so humble) opinion.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2022 11:50]

Fans Forum on 12:05 - Oct 14 with 1824 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum on 10:42 - Oct 14 by daveB

I've always wondered this, as a potential solution. All the stuff that's on the back of SARS - the shop, the offices, ticket office, restaurants, whip that off, and put it somewhere else. There may not be space for a new ground, but there's been loads of commercial space within spit of the ground, and like you say the school could be for that. Then you demolish that stand and use the whole footprint of it for a much bigger version, without all that hanging off the back of it. Nice shiny new big side stand to up the gate, and nice new corporate facilities, shop, ticket office, office and restaurant in a building no taller than the flats that are already there on the site of the school.
Fans Forum on 12:11 - Oct 14 with 1788 viewsdavman

Fans Forum on 23:32 - Oct 13 by fraserc

I think Lee Hoos mentioned that the principal of the school is on the trustee board(?) and that they are potentially looking for larger premises

Will the council find space for a School when they only give permission for new grounds or planning permission for existing ones for Chel***, Fulham and Brentford?

If we get that land, forget Stadium / Capacity upgrades, parking and conference facilities might start to increase the non-matchday income...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Fans Forum on 12:39 - Oct 14 with 1705 viewsdenhamhoop2

An eclectic mix as always both in questions/issues raised and various ways of replying. Thought Beale was quite exceptional in terms of his outlook and philosophy about football where he wants people who want to get better and what sort of character personality they have because like every other workplace in the country there will be those who can influence for good or bad.
Was surprised there was no questions regarding the fall out with Warburton and the whole philosophy of development to sell.
I fully understand the parent mentioning his boy being let go football is a ruthless business but just like the treatment of Barbet and others we have let go there is a way of doing things and treating people properly and not treating them well.
Lee Hoos' total dismissal of developing Loftus Road seems strange to me because he seems very pragmatic in most issues and I predict when he leaves this job QPR will still be playing home matches there. Not quite sure what exactly happens at Turf Moor raises Millions in non match days having been to the ground.
Fans Forum on 12:48 - Oct 14 with 1683 viewsdaveB

Fans Forum on 11:13 - Oct 14 by francisbowles

I thought the family stand answer was reasonable. There are facilities and attractions specifically for kids in that area and it's important to have access for the next generation.

How that stacks up numbers wise, I don't know, but the theory and strategy is there.

As he says, he can't please everyone. I'm sure there were people who chose to leave the area that is now rail seating who didn't want to move.

It just seems mad to me that once you get to a certain age your whole group has to move seats. You are no longer classed as family due to your child being able a bit older. It's around that age 19-24 where I think we lose quite a few fans and they go off to uni or try and do different things, telling them you are no longer wanted here go and find yourself a new seat or leave just seems a bit daft to me. There are ways around it as my group of friends have worked out but it's very unnecessary and rarely sold out so no one is stopping the next generation getting in anyway
Fans Forum on 12:51 - Oct 14 with 1678 viewsDavieQPR

Can't imagine this club releasing a 9yr old without some communication. It prides itself on a community spirit. Possibly the parent didn't get the answers he wanted to hear. With regard the Family Stand I knew and understood when my kids were overage we would move. Everyone knows that as families wouldn't be in there as it would be full of adults who don't like change.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024