Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans Forum 18:46 - Oct 13 with 11550 viewsaston_hoop

Live on Youtube if anyone fancies watching it

Edit - 7pm start

[Post edited 13 Oct 2022 18:46]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Fans Forum on 13:17 - Oct 14 with 1975 viewsTGRRRSSS

Fans Forum on 11:20 - Oct 14 by SheffieldHoop

I like Hoos approach. He's honest with people - If people feel he's being dismissive or condescending, maybe he is, and maybe there's a good reason for that.

You can only imagine the groan in my kitchen when he got the question about homophobic chanting. Thought he answered it brilliantly.

and maybe he's a twaat - he's often at his worst when he's been ccaught out.

Alot to like about how he runs the club but he has more than his share of failings
Fans Forum on 13:22 - Oct 14 with 1956 viewsPunteR

Fans Forum on 09:01 - Oct 14 by daveB

Fantastic read as ever, quite enjoyed watching last night as well

On the kid getting released I think in defence of the parent he did say they had not been told why which was a problem, I don't know how QPR do things but at other clubs you have regular meetings with the coaches and are told well in advance if there are problems so you can work on them or if for example you are a striker and that age group had 6 other strikers they may feel for your own development it is better to go elsewhere and have more playing time. If those conversations have not been had then you can see why you had a Phil Beard moment last night and an angry parent thinking well where else can i get an answer.

Easy for us all to take the piss but that took some balls to ask that question in front of a lot of people directly to the man in charge

It was a bit awkward but I guess that's what a fans forum is for. Open , honest discussion between club and fans.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Fans Forum on 13:26 - Oct 14 with 1916 viewsSheffieldHoop

Fans Forum on 13:17 - Oct 14 by TGRRRSSS

Alot to like about how he runs the club but he has more than his share of failings

Maybe he is. Maybe sometimes you need to be honest, even if it means some irrelevant people somewhere think you're a twaat over it - Who cares?

As he said last night, he's here to run the club in the club's best interests, not here to be popular. Think that is apparent in pretty much every answer he gives.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Fans Forum on 13:27 - Oct 14 with 1939 viewsconnell10

Fans Forum on 13:17 - Oct 14 by TGRRRSSS

Hoo,s seems good at his job but I've never taken to the bloke , eyes and smile don't match .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Fans Forum on 13:52 - Oct 14 with 1868 viewsdavman

Fans Forum on 13:27 - Oct 14 by connell10

Hoo,s seems good at his job but I've never taken to the bloke , eyes and smile don't match .

This sums it up for me. He is a realist, not a dreamer - he tells things as they are and many don't like it, because, simply its not what they want to hear.

I have never warmed to the bloke, but that's fine by me - he is not a mate and nowhere near my circle of friends, so why do I care whether I like him?

What I do know is that he has been the only trusted hands in charge of the day to day since Amit and his mate (sorry, can't remember the name) who took over from Briatore ahead of **THAT** season.

...and in response to another Q earlier on the thread, maybe he doesn't want to give the council any hint that we accept that we may be able to develop the site seeing as his mantra is that the long term future of teh club HAS to be away from LR?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Fans Forum on 14:01 - Oct 14 with 1848 viewsPinnerPaul

Fans Forum on 07:55 - Oct 14 by Northernr

Minutes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/58727/mick-beale-l

Thanks for taking the trouble to write that - very interesting.
Fans Forum on 15:00 - Oct 14 with 1755 viewsQPR_Jim

Fans Forum on 13:52 - Oct 14 by davman

This sums it up for me. He is a realist, not a dreamer - he tells things as they are and many don't like it, because, simply its not what they want to hear.

I have never warmed to the bloke, but that's fine by me - he is not a mate and nowhere near my circle of friends, so why do I care whether I like him?

What I do know is that he has been the only trusted hands in charge of the day to day since Amit and his mate (sorry, can't remember the name) who took over from Briatore ahead of **THAT** season.

...and in response to another Q earlier on the thread, maybe he doesn't want to give the council any hint that we accept that we may be able to develop the site seeing as his mantra is that the long term future of teh club HAS to be away from LR?

Ishan Saksena - Remembered the name, but needed to google it to get the spelling right.

Agree with your post though, looking for a safe pair of hands not a mate for a pint (didn't Paladini often do that?)
Fans Forum on 15:22 - Oct 14 with 1696 viewsstainrods_elbow

Fans Forum on 11:20 - Oct 14 by SheffieldHoop

I like Hoos approach. He's honest with people - If people feel he's being dismissive or condescending, maybe he is, and maybe there's a good reason for that.

You can only imagine the groan in my kitchen when he got the question about homophobic chanting. Thought he answered it brilliantly.

It's an interesting interpersonal universe you live in in which a person can be both condescending and honest. If you want an object lesson in how to be the latter without the former, I suggest you look no further than our manager. Hoos is a glorified accountant who inexplicably gets involved in the hiring and firing of coaches etc., and to whom the term 'performance appraisal' seems as strangely alien as ET trotting out for QPR.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2022 15:22]

Poll: On the basis of pre-season.the current squad, where will we finish this sea son?

Login to get fewer ads

Fans Forum on 15:38 - Oct 14 with 1654 viewsstainrods_elbow

Fans Forum on 13:26 - Oct 14 by SheffieldHoop

Maybe he is. Maybe sometimes you need to be honest, even if it means some irrelevant people somewhere think you're a twaat over it - Who cares?

As he said last night, he's here to run the club in the club's best interests, not here to be popular. Think that is apparent in pretty much every answer he gives.

I'm sorry, but did you do any critical thinking at all ever at school, or cultivate even a sliver of philosophic curiosity? All 'successful' (and plenty of unsuccessful) people talk about how noble they are - Paladini said exactly the same thing as Hoos post-Faurlingate. Tony Blair told us live on the BBC that 'I would never do anything to hurt our country' shortly before invading Iraq with his bessie mate Bush in a way that really made me shiver. If anything, people who are always trumpeting their own magnanimity/ethics/general niceness are the ones to be most supsicious of in life - women often find this out with 'nice' men, for instance. What I bear in mind in surveying such a murky, moneyed world as football, as well as the woke world generally, is how alert one has to be to virtue-signalling. e.g. I've also noticed how Hoos loves to drop in that he's 'not doing xyz for a bonus', which makes me wonder in itself. People who are really doing things for the right reasons don't tend to amplify it, and they don't make you feel endlessly irritated or insulted.

As for his record, I'll accept Hoos has played a part in finally getting the club into a new training facility after seven and a half years in post (and lots of false promises along the way), and after that I struggle. Hot air of a similar duration about a new stadium. Multiple fiascos with ticketing, catering and the apparently irremediable lavatorial facilities. Relentlessly negative about developing LR. All presented in spoken performances that ooze insincerity, evasiveness, and bluster.

Still, if you trust him implicitly, and think he's doing a peerless job, keep up the happy clapping (and blue and white goggles)!
[Post edited 14 Oct 2022 15:39]

Poll: On the basis of pre-season.the current squad, where will we finish this sea son?

Fans Forum on 16:08 - Oct 14 with 1617 viewsSheffieldHoop

Fans Forum on 15:38 - Oct 14 by stainrods_elbow

I'm sorry, but did you do any critical thinking at all ever at school, or cultivate even a sliver of philosophic curiosity? All 'successful' (and plenty of unsuccessful) people talk about how noble they are - Paladini said exactly the same thing as Hoos post-Faurlingate. Tony Blair told us live on the BBC that 'I would never do anything to hurt our country' shortly before invading Iraq with his bessie mate Bush in a way that really made me shiver. If anything, people who are always trumpeting their own magnanimity/ethics/general niceness are the ones to be most supsicious of in life - women often find this out with 'nice' men, for instance. What I bear in mind in surveying such a murky, moneyed world as football, as well as the woke world generally, is how alert one has to be to virtue-signalling. e.g. I've also noticed how Hoos loves to drop in that he's 'not doing xyz for a bonus', which makes me wonder in itself. People who are really doing things for the right reasons don't tend to amplify it, and they don't make you feel endlessly irritated or insulted.

As for his record, I'll accept Hoos has played a part in finally getting the club into a new training facility after seven and a half years in post (and lots of false promises along the way), and after that I struggle. Hot air of a similar duration about a new stadium. Multiple fiascos with ticketing, catering and the apparently irremediable lavatorial facilities. Relentlessly negative about developing LR. All presented in spoken performances that ooze insincerity, evasiveness, and bluster.

Still, if you trust him implicitly, and think he's doing a peerless job, keep up the happy clapping (and blue and white goggles)!
[Post edited 14 Oct 2022 15:39]

I'll just pretend I didn't read that first part because it's absolute gibberish. No idea why you're preaching to me about woke virtue signaling. Utterly laughable that you've misunderstood it to the degree that you accuse Lee Hoos of doing it!!

Look at the state of almost every other club in the league. Look at Reading, Bristol City, Birmingham, Derby....The list goes on. That was us just a few years ago. That is all the evidence you need to support the fact Hoos is doing a good job for QPR. I'm not going to waste my time arguing about the specific things he's done that you don't like - There are things I don't really like as well, but at least he's honest about things and where he has limitations beyond his control he openly communicates that to fans.

Thought he handled the Covid situation so well that I left my money in the club, even after listening to Hoos say it's probably a better idea to not renew. Blue and white goggles will do that to ya.

Fans Forum on 16:54 - Oct 14 with 1520 viewsstainrods_elbow

Fans Forum on 16:08 - Oct 14 by SheffieldHoop

I'll just pretend I didn't read that first part because it's absolute gibberish. No idea why you're preaching to me about woke virtue signaling. Utterly laughable that you've misunderstood it to the degree that you accuse Lee Hoos of doing it!!

Look at the state of almost every other club in the league. Look at Reading, Bristol City, Birmingham, Derby....The list goes on. That was us just a few years ago. That is all the evidence you need to support the fact Hoos is doing a good job for QPR. I'm not going to waste my time arguing about the specific things he's done that you don't like - There are things I don't really like as well, but at least he's honest about things and where he has limitations beyond his control he openly communicates that to fans.

Thought he handled the Covid situation so well that I left my money in the club, even after listening to Hoos say it's probably a better idea to not renew. Blue and white goggles will do that to ya.

Well done on spectacularly missing/failing to take a single point I've made in response to your ''Who cares?' segment (I care, fiercely, about anyone and anything to do with my club), which I thought was the 'gibberish' you were actually referring to, as you should have been. That's tunnel vision (blue and white tinted) for you, as I say.

Fans Forum on 17:10 - Oct 14 with 1507 viewsderbyhoop

Hoos is the Chief Executive, so he needs a handle on all aspects of the club. Coming from a retail background he understands the need to generate commercial income and that any improvements to LR have to generate a return.
Frankly, the whole site at LR is too small to develop properly. Unless we were in a position to buy the school and/or all the houses on Ellerslie Road, we are extremely limited in what we can do. Any increase in capacity is likely to be minimal and probably not cost-effective. Hoos will have a far better handle on potential costs and returns than 95% of the fan base.

If he seems dismissive, it is probably because many of the solutions proposed from the floor had already been discussed in-house and rejected as unfeasible.

Both Beale and Ferdinand came across well.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Fans Forum on 17:17 - Oct 14 with 1469 viewsSheffieldHoop

Fans Forum on 16:54 - Oct 14 by stainrods_elbow

Well done on spectacularly missing/failing to take a single point I've made in response to your ''Who cares?' segment (I care, fiercely, about anyone and anything to do with my club), which I thought was the 'gibberish' you were actually referring to, as you should have been. That's tunnel vision (blue and white tinted) for you, as I say.

Look mate, I don't think Hoos will ever take you for that drink if you carry on like this.

Fans Forum on 17:21 - Oct 14 with 1457 viewsstainrods_elbow

Fans Forum on 17:17 - Oct 14 by SheffieldHoop

Look mate, I don't think Hoos will ever take you for that drink if you carry on like this.

If we ever did, he'd probably still be trying to persuade me in 2030 that the Blue and White Club can only manage a tin of Heineken for a tenner between 2.45 and 3.00 pm because it's so hard to recruit bar staff post-Covid, and that's a good price compared to the Super Bowl. Shyster!

Fans Forum on 17:31 - Oct 14 with 1461 viewsPunteR

I think Hoos is doing a great job with the finances. He's not always going to be popular with fans when he reigns in the spending but I think our new sensible approach is making us a better club on and off the pitch. He's not going to get everything right but compare him to Philip Beard who had the personality of a traffic cone plus sent our finances into orbit. Hoos has brought it back down to earth so to speak .
That's how I see it. He's sound.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Fans Forum on 17:44 - Oct 14 with 1422 viewsSheffieldHoop

Fans Forum on 17:21 - Oct 14 by stainrods_elbow

If we ever did, he'd probably still be trying to persuade me in 2030 that the Blue and White Club can only manage a tin of Heineken for a tenner between 2.45 and 3.00 pm because it's so hard to recruit bar staff post-Covid, and that's a good price compared to the Super Bowl. Shyster!

Yeah. Is that the biggest criticism you've got of him now? Heineken isn't even bad, I thought it was Carlsberg? Anyway - You do have the choice to not buy it.

Not being funny but I would rather eat & drink somewhere decent around the Bush than delude myself into thinking 6 quid for pack of microwaved Doritos & dip is a good deal. We're not bloody Tottenham.

Fans Forum on 17:52 - Oct 14 with 1420 viewsdaveB

Fans Forum on 17:21 - Oct 14 by stainrods_elbow

Isn't it San Miguel in the blue and white bar now, we've struggled to get in this season as has been packed so been stuck with the warm bottles of carlsberg outside instead
Fans Forum on 17:59 - Oct 14 with 1372 viewsstainrods_elbow

Fans Forum on 17:10 - Oct 14 by derbyhoop

Hoos is the Chief Executive, so he needs a handle on all aspects of the club. Coming from a retail background he understands the need to generate commercial income and that any improvements to LR have to generate a return.
Frankly, the whole site at LR is too small to develop properly. Unless we were in a position to buy the school and/or all the houses on Ellerslie Road, we are extremely limited in what we can do. Any increase in capacity is likely to be minimal and probably not cost-effective. Hoos will have a far better handle on potential costs and returns than 95% of the fan base.

If he seems dismissive, it is probably because many of the solutions proposed from the floor had already been discussed in-house and rejected as unfeasible.

Both Beale and Ferdinand came across well.

That's OK, then - in Hoos we trust! If he's really so experienced and expert with the 'retail' end of the business, why does he always come across as damining of every idea or initiative about increasing revenue? In the meantime , let's feel glad that you've explained the man's persistent negativity about all and every attempt to develop LR. Even the prospect of buying the School, developing that end of the ground to make the ground more profitable, and enlarging the capacity seem to bore him!

Wake up, man!

Fans Forum on 18:01 - Oct 14 with 1359 viewsstainrods_elbow

Fans Forum on 17:44 - Oct 14 by SheffieldHoop

Yeah. Is that the biggest criticism you've got of him now? Heineken isn't even bad, I thought it was Carlsberg? Anyway - You do have the choice to not buy it.

Not being funny but I would rather eat & drink somewhere decent around the Bush than delude myself into thinking 6 quid for pack of microwaved Doritos & dip is a good deal. We're not bloody Tottenham.

I've written extensively and in detail of Hoos' performance over a long period of time - see also my lengthy contribution to the Fans' Forum before the one we've just had. Sorry you're not up to speed.

Fans Forum on 19:10 - Oct 14 with 1279 viewsslmrstid

I think one thing that is worth remembering when Hoos gets dragged over hot coals for money spending (or lack of) is that QPR do have a Finance Director too who will sit on the Board and have just as much input into financial decisions, but never incurs the wrath of fans because they're not visible and put up in these things.
Fans Forum on 20:35 - Oct 14 with 1168 viewsDWQPR

Fans Forum on 12:05 - Oct 14 by Northernr

I've always wondered this, as a potential solution. All the stuff that's on the back of SARS - the shop, the offices, ticket office, restaurants, whip that off, and put it somewhere else. There may not be space for a new ground, but there's been loads of commercial space within spit of the ground, and like you say the school could be for that. Then you demolish that stand and use the whole footprint of it for a much bigger version, without all that hanging off the back of it. Nice shiny new big side stand to up the gate, and nice new corporate facilities, shop, ticket office, office and restaurant in a building no taller than the flats that are already there on the site of the school.

You could also shift the stadium towards the school end by say 10 metres which gives the opportunity to expanding the Loftus Road end. Then redeveloping both the SBS and the SAR, bigger stand at the School End to and you could incorporate corporate boxes on three sides if necessary and with the extra facilities behind the school end. It could be to the point that the LR, SAR and SE could become one structure with the SBS being single tier as now and at a lower height. And if you need additional parking facilities, the only build under the school end or stick a multi storey right at the end.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2022 20:37]

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Fans Forum on 20:40 - Oct 14 with 1163 viewsMetallica_Hoop

So we are 3rd in the league on a shoostring budget and people are moaning.
*sighs*

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Fans Forum on 21:59 - Oct 14 with 1050 viewsderbyhoop

Fans Forum on 17:59 - Oct 14 by stainrods_elbow

That's OK, then - in Hoos we trust! If he's really so experienced and expert with the 'retail' end of the business, why does he always come across as damining of every idea or initiative about increasing revenue? In the meantime , let's feel glad that you've explained the man's persistent negativity about all and every attempt to develop LR. Even the prospect of buying the School, developing that end of the ground to make the ground more profitable, and enlarging the capacity seem to bore him!

Wake up, man!

He doesn't dismiss suggestions out of hand. But he has to ensure that any investment gets a decent return. I agree with him that LR is a handicap - unless you can increase the footprint of the site.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Fans Forum on 22:50 - Oct 14 with 959 viewsstainrods_elbow

Fans Forum on 21:59 - Oct 14 by derbyhoop

He doesn't dismiss suggestions out of hand. But he has to ensure that any investment gets a decent return. I agree with him that LR is a handicap - unless you can increase the footprint of the site.

Which is precisely my point for the nth time (grrr!) - any suggestion/proposal to enlarge said footprint gets negated/ignored by him. A big part of the guy's job is to do his level best to make LR the best it can be while he's here, pending the endlessly protracted alt. stadium noise, which I predict will be a minimum of 15-20 years down the line - if it materialises at all! He doesn't do that by any criteria; in fact his reign has been riddled by a clusterf*ck of myriad incompetences (as documented and occasionally critiqued by Clive) and he needs to be moved on, in my considered opinion, for the good of the club.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2022 22:51]

Fans Forum on 22:53 - Oct 14 with 951 viewsstainrods_elbow

Fans Forum on 20:40 - Oct 14 by Metallica_Hoop

So we are 3rd in the league on a shoostring budget and people are moaning.
*sighs*

O give over - passion means (etymologically, actually) that to love is to suffer. If you love anything/anyone, you want them to be the best they can be. You don't say (unlike you), 'great, the team's looking good, so let's say everything in the garden is tickety boo'. Get a grip - or a passion injection! Hoos makes a great living out of QPR and should be scrutinised as closely as, if not more closely than, anyone else in the building. That's our money he's responsible for and it'll be our club when he's (please god) gone.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2022 22:57]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024