Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a World Cup 17:48 - Dec 6 with 1956 viewskingslandstand1

Now Morocco knock Spain out!
Some cr@p pens from Spain tho
What a World Cup on 17:55 - Dec 6 with 1939 viewsgrumpy

That's incredible.
What a World Cup on 18:33 - Dec 6 with 1881 viewsButty101

What a World Cup on 17:55 - Dec 6 by grumpy

That's incredible.

They showed saints exactly what they need to do. I would take their cenrrbacks and the guy in the middle that constantly broke up play. He reminded of Romeu

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

What a World Cup on 19:03 - Dec 6 with 1854 viewskingslandstand1

What a World Cup on 18:33 - Dec 6 by Butty101

They showed saints exactly what they need to do. I would take their cenrrbacks and the guy in the middle that constantly broke up play. He reminded of Romeu

Not Sofiane Boufal then?
What a World Cup on 19:05 - Dec 6 with 1854 viewsdirk_doone

West Ham paid £30 mill for Aguerd in the summer. Saïss was at Wolves for 6 years but has just moved to BeÅŸiktaÅŸ as a free agent, where he's on a 4-year contract worth €6.5 mill, which is not bad for a 32-year-old. Amrabat is at Fiorentina. Moroccan players don't come cheap nowadays. PSG paid €70 mill for Hakimi,

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

What a World Cup on 19:23 - Dec 6 with 1830 viewsdirk_doone

What a World Cup on 19:05 - Dec 6 by dirk_doone

West Ham paid £30 mill for Aguerd in the summer. Saïss was at Wolves for 6 years but has just moved to BeÅŸiktaÅŸ as a free agent, where he's on a 4-year contract worth €6.5 mill, which is not bad for a 32-year-old. Amrabat is at Fiorentina. Moroccan players don't come cheap nowadays. PSG paid €70 mill for Hakimi,

We were supposed to be signing the young Portuguese striker, Ramos, in January. I think he's just moved out of our price range. Gakpo Mk II.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2022 19:24]

What a World Cup on 20:26 - Dec 6 with 1735 viewskingslandstand1

What a World Cup on 19:23 - Dec 6 by dirk_doone

We were supposed to be signing the young Portuguese striker, Ramos, in January. I think he's just moved out of our price range. Gakpo Mk II.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2022 19:24]

It's gone up even more now!
What a World Cup on 20:28 - Dec 6 with 1735 viewsdirk_doone

What a World Cup on 20:26 - Dec 6 by kingslandstand1

It's gone up even more now!

Club reps were over in Portugal negotiating his fee in the summer, and Benfica wouldn't accept less than £25 mill, which was too rich for us. He'd probably cost three times that now.

Imagine if they'd taken a risk and bought both Gakpo and Ramos. They'd have made an absolute fortune. But, they didn't.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2022 20:31]

What a World Cup on 20:46 - Dec 6 with 1702 viewsSpringhill_old_boy

What a World Cup on 20:28 - Dec 6 by dirk_doone

Club reps were over in Portugal negotiating his fee in the summer, and Benfica wouldn't accept less than £25 mill, which was too rich for us. He'd probably cost three times that now.

Imagine if they'd taken a risk and bought both Gakpo and Ramos. They'd have made an absolute fortune. But, they didn't.

Strange that because I am pretty sure his release was around 60 million euro and as Atlético Madrid found out with Felix they are stickers for the release fee.
Login to get fewer ads

What a World Cup on 20:53 - Dec 6 with 1693 viewsdirk_doone

What a World Cup on 20:46 - Dec 6 by Springhill_old_boy

Strange that because I am pretty sure his release was around 60 million euro and as Atlético Madrid found out with Felix they are stickers for the release fee.

£25 mill was the fee quoted in all the media outlets at the time so it must have been pretty close to the mark. Maybe that's how much Benfica needed in the summer. You don't know what their financial situation was.

"SportFootballSouthampton transfer news
Who is Goncalo Ramos? Benfica striker linked with £25m move to Southampton"
[Post edited 6 Dec 2022 20:55]

What a World Cup on 23:13 - Dec 6 with 1595 viewsSpringhill_old_boy

What a World Cup on 20:53 - Dec 6 by dirk_doone

£25 mill was the fee quoted in all the media outlets at the time so it must have been pretty close to the mark. Maybe that's how much Benfica needed in the summer. You don't know what their financial situation was.

"SportFootballSouthampton transfer news
Who is Goncalo Ramos? Benfica striker linked with £25m move to Southampton"
[Post edited 6 Dec 2022 20:55]

I live in Portugal in a place where if the Benfica president or manager or player farts its front page news!
Rumor has him being linked to PSG in January but I think PSG are being linked to half the players in the world! Those that aren't being linked to Man Citeh, Scousepool, Real Madrid, and if they can find some loose change down the back of the sofa, Barcelona
What a World Cup on 12:41 - Dec 7 with 1399 viewssaint901

Ramos would be a fabulous acquisition but we've seen before that one good game in a WC can double the fee (and usually they can't replicate that one good game).

The Swiss helped him a lot.

Three at the back, one not a full back and one clearly still suffering flu. Ramos did nothing extraordinary but he was allowed to:

1. turn in the area and get a shot away.
2. get across the defender to the near post (were you watching Salisu)
3. run on to a pass after his team mates had pulled the back three out of position

No doubting the quality of the strikes but would a better organised back 4 and better quality defenders have allowed all of the above?
What a World Cup on 22:09 - Dec 9 with 1231 viewssaintmary5

Croatia knocked Brazil out! And had the Dutch put a striker to take penalty first instead of Van Dyke
then maybe the Dutch could have won too!!
What a World Cup on 22:38 - Dec 9 with 1197 viewsdirk_doone

It's certainly a lot better than the last one with people getting their heads kicked in in Russia.

What a World Cup on 11:20 - Dec 10 with 1009 viewsBerber

What a World Cup on 20:28 - Dec 6 by dirk_doone

I thought that Gakpo called the cancellation, so we didn’t have a choice really.
What a World Cup on 13:30 - Dec 10 with 979 viewsdirk_doone

What a World Cup on 11:20 - Dec 10 by Berber

I thought that Gakpo called the cancellation, so we didn’t have a choice really.

True. Once Gakpo realized he was in demand, he said he wanted to go to Man United. But, it's reported that Saints had agreed terms with the player, which suggests there was once a time he was interested in coming here. Ramos was probably the more willing of the two to come here last summer though, but now he can take his pick of Europe's top clubs.

We'll probably have to lower our sights in January and target a less in-demand player. Breel Embolo, for example, isn't as good as those two but he'd be an improvement on our current strikers. I saw him play against England at Wembley and he was a constant threat.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2022 15:50]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024