Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reflection possible relegation 10:27 - Dec 27 with 1620 views1teeminants

Obviously it’s very early days but So what if we are going down. Please someone tell me what’s the big deal in finishing 16 th/ 17 th every season ? What’s the fascination of being in the premier league.?Please don’t say you can watch the best players in the world because I couldn’t give a monkeys about other teams. Many of us will still attend in the championship , we get to win more matches, visit different grounds etc. We don’t have a divine right to be in the premier league ,we’re similar in size to Norwich and West Brom , maybe we should be more like them we might actually win something (championship title )

We don’t currently have the correct mindset or have the correct ownership to be competitive in the premier league at the moment so no point being in it, it’s outgrown us . We just aren’t ambitious enough. Brighton and Leicester in recent years have shown how similar size clubs to us can compete but our current ownership don’t want to play that game. We spend 5 to 10 million per signing on which won’t get you very far. Most premier league clubs spend 20 to 40 million per player, the top 6 much more. We’re out of our depth and I don’t think there’s a manager around that can work wonders with our budget in this league.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Reflection possible relegation on 11:41 - Dec 27 with 1491 viewsdirk_doone

There is nothing worse than consecutive relegations. Getting relegated from the Championship would be even more miserable next season and that's what will happen if we persevere with Jones.

Look at the 1930s, a dark and largely forgotten period in Saints' history, to see what it was like to be struggling to avoid relegation from the 2nd tier every year. It's worse than struggling to avoid relegation from the 1st and resulted in record low attendances for our club.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2022 11:48]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Reflection possible relegation on 11:58 - Dec 27 with 1439 viewskingslandstand1

Have to say, can't argue with much off that at all really

Ok, previous (most recent) relegations were due to financial mis-management generally but this time (when we go down) there is no excuse, other than total mis-management with recruitment primarily which is very hard to handle
Reflection possible relegation on 12:04 - Dec 27 with 1429 views1ASIN12

Reflection possible relegation on 11:58 - Dec 27 by kingslandstand1

Have to say, can't argue with much off that at all really

Ok, previous (most recent) relegations were due to financial mis-management generally but this time (when we go down) there is no excuse, other than total mis-management with recruitment primarily which is very hard to handle

I see many posts on Facebook and forums saying the Chmpionship will be fun, win a few games tickets will be cheaper.

I think a lot will be in for a shock as there is no reason to believe we wil be anywhere near the top 6 next season.

As for ticket prices again a shock will come , even more so to those who travel to away games with the end of the £30 max price.

We have been mis managed the last 6 months by the board and thats why we are in the shlt.
Reflection possible relegation on 12:26 - Dec 27 with 1391 viewsMytchettSaint

Reflection possible relegation on 12:04 - Dec 27 by 1ASIN12

I see many posts on Facebook and forums saying the Chmpionship will be fun, win a few games tickets will be cheaper.

I think a lot will be in for a shock as there is no reason to believe we wil be anywhere near the top 6 next season.

As for ticket prices again a shock will come , even more so to those who travel to away games with the end of the £30 max price.

We have been mis managed the last 6 months by the board and thats why we are in the shlt.

When we get relegated we are likely to see a similar trajectory to when we went down in 05, we were in decline until ML took over. I think without a similar intervention we are likely to take a few more years to bottom out. The moneyballers in charge will no doubt disappear somewhat chastened but ready to learn the lessons at their next club.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Reflection possible relegation on 12:49 - Dec 27 with 1345 viewsPeterL22

Good points! We go down, we stay down (and I would be worried about second relegation to League 1)!
Reflection possible relegation on 12:54 - Dec 27 with 1335 viewsPoirot

It will be a sheer miracle, if we stay up based on what weve seen this year and yesterday. The club have been taking on water all year and the failure to sack Hasenhuttl in the summer merely made the gash in the boat bigger and lifeboats all thrown overboard. Quite how we attract a proven goalscorer, when we are bottom of the league will be interesting.

The current situation at the club is a direct failure of management from sport republic and Semmens in particular.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2022 12:56]
Reflection possible relegation on 20:59 - Dec 27 with 1076 viewskernow

If Saints are relegated I wouldn't be sorry to never see any of the current crop of players in the shirt ever again.
Reflection possible relegation on 21:09 - Dec 27 with 1054 viewsPatfromPoole

Really tough League, the Championship.

You need a good mix of hardened pros as well as quality. And you need to be able to score a lot of goals.

Yes we had Lambert, Lallana, Fonte and Schneiderlin last time, but we also had Hammond, Richardson, Fox and Chaplow. The sort who would get stuck in at shite-holes like Fratton…..

Would take us a couple of years to get that sort of blend. And we would need Sean Dyche.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024