Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall 10:00 - Jan 3 with 3956 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59257/morgan-whittaker-a

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 10:30 - Jan 3 with 2950 viewsonehunglow

Get him back and quit faffing about.
Show the lad some respect and work with him,playing him where he is most comfortable . We don’t need another striker .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 10:40 - Jan 3 with 2942 viewsmagicdaps10

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 10:30 - Jan 3 by onehunglow

Get him back and quit faffing about.
Show the lad some respect and work with him,playing him where he is most comfortable . We don’t need another striker .

Being fair OHL, he might want to stay at Plymouth and pulling him back might be the most disrespectful thing to the lad if that is the case.

The loan is working for him on the playing side of things but then it's bringing attention from other clubs that is knocking his value up.......this is why the questions from various sections are being asked.

Seems that there is date on his recall and if we don't call him back then he stays at Plymouth until the end of the season. I am al for calling him back and involving him in the squad as regularly as allows, issue is that there are a few parties who clearly want different outcomes.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 10:46 - Jan 3 with 2920 viewsonehunglow

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 10:40 - Jan 3 by magicdaps10

Being fair OHL, he might want to stay at Plymouth and pulling him back might be the most disrespectful thing to the lad if that is the case.

The loan is working for him on the playing side of things but then it's bringing attention from other clubs that is knocking his value up.......this is why the questions from various sections are being asked.

Seems that there is date on his recall and if we don't call him back then he stays at Plymouth until the end of the season. I am al for calling him back and involving him in the squad as regularly as allows, issue is that there are a few parties who clearly want different outcomes.

Decent reply .Good man
I accept that but he is OUR employee and WE need him. Our club employs him .

Surely to God, Martin can deploy him in our current set up.

Cullen IMO is not as effective .

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 10:54 - Jan 3 with 2902 viewsmagicdaps10

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 10:46 - Jan 3 by onehunglow

Decent reply .Good man

Agreed but bringing back a player who doesn't want to come back could be a detrimental thing to both the player and the team.
I think a big emphasis is being put into getting players here who are capable and have no chips on their shoulder or disharmony when coming in, the aim is to shift those out.

I agree though, personally I would like to see him return, be involved aslong as he is prepared and have the right mindset for it.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 10:56 - Jan 3 with 2893 viewsonehunglow

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 10:54 - Jan 3 by magicdaps10

Agreed but bringing back a player who doesn't want to come back could be a detrimental thing to both the player and the team.
I think a big emphasis is being put into getting players here who are capable and have no chips on their shoulder or disharmony when coming in, the aim is to shift those out.

I agree though, personally I would like to see him return, be involved aslong as he is prepared and have the right mindset for it.

If he doesn’t want to come back then I agree that in doing so would be counter productive .

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 11:22 - Jan 3 with 2841 viewsBoundy

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 10:40 - Jan 3 by magicdaps10

I agree , he needs playing time , whether he'll get that here this season is debatable, his profile & with-it value is rising and there's no guarantee he can carry on hitting the net at this level. Obis's off ski ( hope so anyway ) and if so then hopefully that money can be used to reinforcement us up front without the detriment of Whittakers obvious progress

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 12:02 - Jan 3 with 2730 viewskrunchykarrot

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 10:46 - Jan 3 by onehunglow

Decent reply .Good man

Dont you mean Piroe, last couple of games Cullen has been excellent.
Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 12:07 - Jan 3 with 2705 viewsBadlands

Reading between the lines I think Martin wants Ogbene. But Winter, has looked at the players and can’t see a reason to part with money when we already have a very similar player on the books.
Given the way Martin deals with incoming players would either be a starter?
Would Martin do anything other than have either on the bench?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 12:09 - Jan 3 with 2704 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Can Whittaker be trusted to run though?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 12:45 - Jan 3 with 2587 viewskrunchykarrot

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 12:09 - Jan 3 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Can Whittaker be trusted to run though?

To be honest my opinion on what ive seen of him is decent but lightweight, but we will have to trust RM.
Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 12:47 - Jan 3 with 2579 viewsguthrieintherain

No disrespct intended but he is our player we paid 750k for him plus part of his wages whilst at Plymouth.

We have had players recalled in the past Laird as an example.

Who knows we maybe loaning him out to Ipswich who could pay his full wage or maybe even a loan fee.

We are well stocked in his position though if he wants to play 10.
Not as straight forward as just recalling him.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2023 12:49]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 13:17 - Jan 3 with 2505 viewsangryjack

Stay there lad,,Martin will ruin you
Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 14:31 - Jan 3 with 2369 viewsWhiterockin

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 12:47 - Jan 3 by guthrieintherain

No disrespct intended but he is our player we paid 750k for him plus part of his wages whilst at Plymouth.

We have had players recalled in the past Laird as an example.

Who knows we maybe loaning him out to Ipswich who could pay his full wage or maybe even a loan fee.

We are well stocked in his position though if he wants to play 10.
Not as straight forward as just recalling him.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2023 12:49]

If he goes to Ipswich it will be as sold player not a loan.

On a separate point, is it fair that we can be instrumental in the promotion places of a lower league. Providing we sell him to Ipswich fair enough, but recalling from the club top of the league to loan to another in the same league doesn't sit right with me. I know it's within the rules and has happened to our detriment, but I still think its not right.
Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 14:41 - Jan 3 with 2358 viewspencoedjack

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 14:31 - Jan 3 by Whiterockin

On a separate point, is it fair that we can be instrumental in the promotion places of a lower league. Providing we sell him to Ipswich fair enough, but recalling from the club top of the league to loan to another in the same league doesn't sit right with me. I know it's within the rules and has happened to our detriment, but I still think its not right.

Ipswich quite an arrogant lot reading this thread.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/549228/page:1
Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 14:47 - Jan 3 with 2346 viewsEagleEye

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 13:17 - Jan 3 by angryjack

Stay there lad,,Martin will ruin you

The quotes from RM in this article suggest that Whittaker will struggle to get any game time. Leave him where he is to develop & increase his value, take a look at him next pre season & decide then. Bringing him back will be detrimental to his development if he doesn’t play. It looks like he is being recalled to be sold. Under normal circumstances you would expect the club would be scouting Leagues looking for this type of talent. This could get really messy.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/morgan-whittaker-alre

RM:
"He has been playing at Plymouth in what is probably the most competitive position on the pitch for us, with Olivier Ntcham, Luke Cundle, Ollie Cooper, Jay Fulton, Joel Piroe when he plays there. I think it's a really tough position to get in but, if he does come back, he comes back with the mentality that he wants to fight and get in the team and we'll have to take it from there. I don't have a definitive answer for you on that."
Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 15:05 - Jan 3 with 2312 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

From that article it suggests the owners want a recall but Martin isn’t overly fussed. Makes sense if we recall then sell at least we’ll get something back before his contract starts to run out. Shame as he seems to have talent and a bright future but is one of those who have been frozen out for whatever reason.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 16:02 - Jan 3 with 2221 viewsBadlands

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 15:05 - Jan 3 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

From that article it suggests the owners want a recall but Martin isn’t overly fussed. Makes sense if we recall then sell at least we’ll get something back before his contract starts to run out. Shame as he seems to have talent and a bright future but is one of those who have been frozen out for whatever reason.

Martin wants Ogbene.
If Whittaker comes in place of the Rotherham player Martin will keep him on the bench.
Stay put.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 16:04 - Jan 3 with 2210 viewsonehunglow

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 12:02 - Jan 3 by krunchykarrot

Read again what I posted
Thanks

Cullen not as effective as Whittaker.

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 16:44 - Jan 3 with 2136 viewsguthrieintherain

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 14:31 - Jan 3 by Whiterockin

Yes I agree personally the best scenario for me would be for him to stay at Plymouth get them promoted and come back to us twice the player than when he left.

Same as Ollie Cooper after his loan at Newport.

But as we all know money talks.

Unless Ipswich offer to buy is to good to turn down leave him where he is.

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 16:49 - Jan 3 with 2128 viewsBoundy

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 16:04 - Jan 3 by onehunglow

Read again what I posted
Thanks

Cullen not as effective as Whittaker.

I'd say at Championship level Cullen is 3 to the good whilst Whittaker has 0 + plays in different position, out on the right. Ci ullen hopefi ully can kick on , he's proved to me as a doubter that he has the ability but can he sustain it at C/Ship level , I do hope so

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 16:56 - Jan 3 with 2115 viewsguthrieintherain

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 14:41 - Jan 3 by pencoedjack

Ipswich quite an arrogant lot reading this thread.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/549228/page:1

Sorry I read that thread now thought I had gone on the Cardiff board by mistake.

Have a high opinion of themselves,hopefully Plymouth and Sheff Weds will go up and the tractor boys will stay where they are.

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 17:38 - Jan 3 with 2037 viewsRichardO

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 12:02 - Jan 3 by krunchykarrot

Cullen giving Piroe lessons in competing for the ball in air?
Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 17:44 - Jan 3 with 2029 viewsBoundy

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 17:38 - Jan 3 by RichardO

Cullen giving Piroe lessons in competing for the ball in air?

Piroe has over 2 inches difference in height ask any women and that makes hell of a difference + is bigger in stature .

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 17:45 - Jan 3 with 2023 viewsCatullus

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 16:49 - Jan 3 by Boundy

I'd say at Championship level Cullen is 3 to the good whilst Whittaker has 0 + plays in different position, out on the right. Ci ullen hopefi ully can kick on , he's proved to me as a doubter that he has the ability but can he sustain it at C/Ship level , I do hope so

That's not a fair comparison given that Whittaker has a lot fewer chanpionship minutes than Cullen. Cullen kept getting games when he did nthing to deserve it, Whittaker coulddn't get a chance after a hat tirck in the cup...against Plymouth and to be fair again, it's 3-1.

For me it's totally down to Martin, I'd like to see Whitts brought back and given a chance but if Martin wants him to stay where he is then he should because we know Martin can be stubborn.
I just don't see the point in spending a chunk on Ogbene if Whittaker could do that job. For whatever reason martin doesn't seem to want Whittaker, not now anyway and maybe never.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Morgan Whittaker asks to speak with Russell Martin over rumoured recall on 17:49 - Jan 3 with 2015 viewsDr_Winston

The quotes from RM in that article suggest that he's already preparing the ground for leaving the poor kid out of contention completely.

Before he went on loan last time there were stories doing the rounds about his apparent failure to "get" what Martin wanted of him, and now he comes out with this not even thinly veiled insinuation of the same:

"if he does come back, he comes back with the mentality that he wants to fight and get in the team and we'll have to take it from there"

Let's face it, if you're not a complete loyalist to the way he wants to play RM will cheerfully leave you out completely, and if you're very lucky he'll slag you off publically in the process. I wouldn't bet against half the rumours and allegations leaking from the club being done so deliberately to try and justify his actions.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024