Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff v Leeds 14:03 - Jan 5 with 7530 viewswhiterock

Only 11,000 home tickets sold (yesterday), Leeds have sold all 6,500 and say they could sell another 10,000, should Cardiff give Leeds more?
Cardiff v Leeds on 22:43 - Jan 5 with 1935 viewsbennytheblue

Cardiff v Leeds on 21:06 - Jan 5 by Dr_Winston

Benny is one of the rare ones.

I know people from Cardiff, and one or two of them are OK. The rest are mostly Tw*ts, convinced of their inherent superiority as a populace.

In fairness to them they've spent most of the last seventy years being told that they're A Proper Capital City, when in reality they're just a bog standard administrative centre.

One or two alright people out of around 400k? Very generous of you mr w….90% of the city dont follow ccfc
Cardiff v Leeds on 22:46 - Jan 5 with 1932 viewsbennytheblue

Cardiff v Leeds on 16:49 - Jan 5 by KeithHaynes

If you recall Sam Hammam after that game referencing speaking to a swans fan, he got it slightly wrong he called me. It was at the time of us being the little cousins down the road and Annis was his driver. He was thinking the new team in Wales could be just one club for the two cities that always used to make me smile. He was using all his ‘character’ and alleged swans links to gain support. How far detached can some of these owners be ! He was so full of the victory against Leeds and didn’t seem to mind the bother after either.

You saw him post match? Or he called you? I’m confused……
Cardiff v Leeds on 22:48 - Jan 5 with 1923 viewspencoedjack

Cardiff v Leeds on 22:20 - Jan 5 by builthjack

I did say that some support those clubs and attend as many games as they can. I would class them as genuine supporters.
The ones I can’t stand are the ones who go to the pub in their shirts , yet have never been to a game. Proper plastics.

Apologies I agree then
Cardiff v Leeds on 22:49 - Jan 5 with 1921 viewsbennytheblue

Cardiff v Leeds on 20:41 - Jan 5 by Dr_Parnassus

Sean Morrison and Max Watters depart the club today, the latter on loan.

Their options are getting thinner and thinner.

No no no….Tan fancies another crack at the PL….he said recently. The fool
Cardiff v Leeds on 04:41 - Jan 6 with 1818 viewsKeithHaynes

Cardiff v Leeds on 22:46 - Jan 5 by bennytheblue

You saw him post match? Or he called you? I’m confused……

He called me and then bragged about it afterwards saying a swans fan called him to congratulate Cardiff.

As if 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cardiff v Leeds on 06:51 - Jan 6 with 1777 viewsDr_Winston

Cardiff v Leeds on 22:43 - Jan 5 by bennytheblue

One or two alright people out of around 400k? Very generous of you mr w….90% of the city dont follow ccfc

Never said they did. It's not a football thing. It's a Cardiffian thing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cardiff v Leeds on 08:45 - Jan 6 with 1730 viewsbennytheblue

Cardiff v Leeds on 06:51 - Jan 6 by Dr_Winston

Never said they did. It's not a football thing. It's a Cardiffian thing.

Sad to hear….that a football mentality though….it’s not real
Cardiff v Leeds on 08:50 - Jan 6 with 1728 viewsbennytheblue

Cardiff v Leeds on 04:41 - Jan 6 by KeithHaynes

He called me and then bragged about it afterwards saying a swans fan called him to congratulate Cardiff.

As if 😂

I never got any of that stuff, why bother? What’s the point? 1000’s of people don’t follow us within 20 miles of cardiff why go to the heartland of our nearest and dearest? Didn’t he give you all free tickets or travel to a welsh cup final here too? Just after we’d lost a playoff game too if I recall….
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff v Leeds on 09:12 - Jan 6 with 1685 viewsBoundy

Cardiff v Leeds on 20:23 - Jan 5 by Dr_Winston

It was well known that he wanted to move Wimbledon to Cardiff, which would have killed them. After that they embraced and loved him. Tan wanted them to play in red. Despite that they embraced and loved him.

Point being Cardiff fans will kiss the arse of anyone who promises to bring them success, no matter their track record or intentions. Truly there is no more shameless fanbase in football.

Case in point
Gwyn Davies “We could play in pink pyjamas for me as long as my team are out there playing and competing at a high level.

“I want our football club to progress. With Vincent Tan’s backing we would have been a club without debt and all equity covered by him.

“It was expected Langston would be paid off pretty quickly — and other debts sorted out.

“He has plans for a fantastic new training ground in the city and money for Malky Mackay to strengthen the squad.

“All he asked was that we played in red. So what? We would still be Cardiff City through and through. Our history and heritage would still be intact.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Cardiff v Leeds on 09:45 - Jan 6 with 1677 viewsbennytheblue

Cardiff v Leeds on 09:12 - Jan 6 by Boundy

Case in point
Gwyn Davies “We could play in pink pyjamas for me as long as my team are out there playing and competing at a high level.

“I want our football club to progress. With Vincent Tan’s backing we would have been a club without debt and all equity covered by him.

“It was expected Langston would be paid off pretty quickly — and other debts sorted out.

“He has plans for a fantastic new training ground in the city and money for Malky Mackay to strengthen the squad.

“All he asked was that we played in red. So what? We would still be Cardiff City through and through. Our history and heritage would still be intact.

A guy who doesn’t go anymore since that humiliation
Cardiff v Leeds on 09:50 - Jan 6 with 1671 viewsKeithHaynes

Cardiff v Leeds on 08:50 - Jan 6 by bennytheblue

I never got any of that stuff, why bother? What’s the point? 1000’s of people don’t follow us within 20 miles of cardiff why go to the heartland of our nearest and dearest? Didn’t he give you all free tickets or travel to a welsh cup final here too? Just after we’d lost a playoff game too if I recall….

The premier FA a thing ?
I think he paid for the buses 😂

Cardiff v Leeds on 11:44 - Jan 6 with 1622 views1983

Cardiff v Leeds on 09:50 - Jan 6 by KeithHaynes

The premier FA a thing ?
I think he paid for the buses 😂

I believe the Jacks used to sing a little Diddy about the lovely Sam Hamman back in the day 🤫

Cardiff v Leeds on 14:28 - Jan 6 with 1559 viewsbennytheblue

Cardiff v Leeds on 11:44 - Jan 6 by 1983

I believe the Jacks used to sing a little Diddy about the lovely Sam Hamman back in the day 🤫

For all his faults hammam, he knew his football, used to go to games all the time, reserve, U14,16 whatever, not many owners do all that. Our current buffoon doesn’t even go to home games after spanking 100 million… He ran out of cash and got royally done over by the taffia/council trying to get planning for the stadium. In the end Mike hall (rugby) and his crony paul guy scooped up the proceeds from the retail park worth millions….w anchors
[Post edited 6 Jan 2023 14:36]
Cardiff v Leeds on 20:40 - Jan 6 with 1432 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cardiff v Leeds on 22:43 - Jan 5 by bennytheblue

That’s why it’s so funny Cardiff fans go on about the “Capitol” thing. Most of them live up the feckin valleys. Hence your nickname “Valleys FC”.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cardiff v Leeds on 21:18 - Jan 6 with 1407 viewsowainglyndwr

Cardiff v Leeds on 21:06 - Jan 5 by Dr_Winston

Benny is one of the rare ones.

I know people from Cardiff, and one or two of them are OK. The rest are mostly Tw*ts, convinced of their inherent superiority as a populace.

In fairness to them they've spent most of the last seventy years being told that they're A Proper Capital City, when in reality they're just a bog standard administrative centre.

Are you talking about the same Caridiff Scummer Benny ,
The one I remember on here gave it big about when they attacked families on the kingsway , he called it taking over Swansea , and glorified his Anal mate
Then denying anything about Swansea fans.
Be aware of a wolf in lambs clothing .
Cardiff v Leeds on 21:29 - Jan 6 with 1396 viewspencoedjack

Cardiff v Leeds on 21:18 - Jan 6 by owainglyndwr

The one I remember on here gave it big about when they attacked families on the kingsway , he called it taking over Swansea , and glorified his Anal mate

Never trust a Bassey 👍
Cardiff v Leeds on 21:55 - Jan 6 with 1372 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cardiff v Leeds on 09:12 - Jan 6 by Boundy

Case in point

Annis also asked for Tan back in a since deleted excerpt on BBC Wales. They all did, although many now deny its existence. Thankfully the internet keeps a library of these things.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Cardiff v Leeds on 22:09 - Jan 6 with 1361 viewsDr_Parnassus

These letters were posted on WOL after Tan threatened to pull out after fans said they didn’t want to turn from blue to red. They saw the pound signs in their eyes disappearing and they went on the offensive to show “how much they love him”.

The most telling part of Annis’ was “To me, you are our future, therefore I am behind you and want what you want to do.” - this is now denied of course, but it’s all captured on the online publishing library from that date in history.

They all grovelled to him and supported the turn to red. Many now of course pretend it didn’t happen and even contacted WOL to remove the evidence…

Enjoy:

Dear Vincent and Dato, I am writing to you as a dedicated Cardiff City regular supporter for 67 years. "Dedicated" is not really a strong enough word.

We have been looking for a great many years for an enthusiastic, clever and mainly rich individual who would lift this "threadbare" club financially by the scruff the neck and put it where it belongs - amongst the elite in soccer.

This is, remember, the capital city of Wales. I fully understand the passion of fans who follow the City team in away games, often at great expense. But unfortunately it appears that a few of them do not reside in this tough world. The two of you, as businessmen, have the acumen to understand that the funding of this great but unfortunately penniless club must come from quite massive sales of some kind of product and it will not be from selling the club's history.

The Malaysian market would gobble up sales of City's red shirts, you say, and I have belief in your judgement. I want my great club to have a fantastic future and not just a great past. That City past can never be taken away whatever the colour of the shirt - home shirt or away shirt - and I do not want the potential disgrace of the great Glasgow Rangers club. So please ignore the sincere but dinosaur attitudes of those who - like a few Welsh Assembly Members - want the "penny and the bun", i.e. the blue shirt plus every bit of the money that only the red would sell for. Anyway, I like the idea that the best part of the whole Malaysian nation is crazy about Cardiff City.

What a brilliant human association of our peoples. So, gentlemen, compromise a little over the colour if you are able but please go ahead with your original plan. I shall be gutted if you do not!

And like very many thousands of other fans, I am extremely grateful for everything you have done for my club.

Many thanks from GEOFF EDMUNDS, fan since 1945.

I would like to apologise for all the vitriol you have had to put up with. There were people who were pretending to be from our club who were jealous and they jumped on the bandwagon because a lot of people didn't want us to have that investment. But we can absolutely still make the Premier League. We know there's no investment in South Wales - that's pretty obvious.

What there is, has all got to be shared between the rugby and Swansea City - we know there's no other way.

But you are developing grassroots football in Malaysia with the Kuala Lumpur academy and we would like you to do that in South Wales. That's a model South Wales people should be proud of.

It is self-financing and in the future we could generate players and sell them on. We want to keep doing that rather than rely on investors having to keep plying money in. There's still a lot of goodwill and gratitude towards you and that will never change.

The stupid idiots who criticise you can stay out.

Yours sincerely, PAUL CORKREY (high-profile fan)

Dear Mr Tan, I just hope you can accept the word sorry. It has been a really sad couple of days. We have now got to show you a bit of strength and unity and let you know that we are behind you and that we want you at our football club. It was obvious how much you loved being on the pitch after Crystal Palace and being at Wembley for the Carling Cup final with Liverpool and we have got to show you that is the future of Cardiff City. When Alan Whiteley read out that statement from TG I felt humbled. You have come over to our country, saved our football club, put all this money in and haven't even had a meal in a hotel on the club, not even had a taxi on the club. You provided a plane - your own personal plane - for our players to fly from Cardiff to Blackpool.

We know you're not taking a penny out. I ask you now, please put what has happened behind you and forget all the rubbish that has been said. It's just not on.

Yours sincerely, TONY JEFFRIES (long-time supporter)

Dear Mr Tan, I appeal to you - please do not be offended by some of the comments that we made.

I feel a lot of those were comments that were not from true fans but people who wanted to create problems and from those who might have come from outside our club.

We know some fans have taken the wrong attitude. I just hope you can forgive us and give us the chance to earn your trust again.

The majority of genuine fans appreciate what you have done and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We only hope you stay with us because we want to form a strong bond. That's what most of us want.

And a lot of us are really embarrassed by some of the messages that have been put out there from people.

Success is assured if you stay on long term, and when you went around the pitch with TG (versus Crystal Palace) we could see you were taking it all in. You were glowing then and I think that was when you fell in love with Cardiff City.

I understand if you think a lot of the fans have turned on you, but honestly that's not the case.

Yours sincerely, GWYN DAVIES (Valley Rams supporters group)

Dear Mr Tan, When I first heard proposals I was speechless - even after a second meeting with the club - so was everyone else and it was silent for at least a few minutes.

We all looked at ourselves and thought: 'Oh my goodness. What will happen to our football club? Will we still have one?”

I don't want you to go.

I don't want you to leave.

But I haven't got anything to apologise for because I stood up for what I believed in. I respect that you came back and compromised and said we can keep our Bluebird. Now we need to work together - the only way forward is to work together.

To me, you are our future, therefore I am behind you and want what you want to do.

Yours sincerely, ANNIS ABRAHAM (lifelong Cardiff City fan and fans' message board administrator)

Dear Mr Tan, My personal view is this could be a sad day for the future of Cardiff City Football Club.

You have been nothing more than honourable all the time you have been at the club, not taking a penny out of the club, just putting in close to pounds 40m over the past two years for nothing in return.

The personal abuse which I have read on social network sites and message boards has been nothing short of shocking, and you didn't deserve it after everything you have done for this football club.

My opinion on the matter was to accept the change for the future stability of the club, even though I am vehemently against it, and lobby in a peaceful and civil manner over the coming years to have it changed back.

I am a traditionalist, but what is the point of sticking to that if you haven't got a club at the end of it? I had 20 years of the lower divisions, for the record it was awful, I hated it.

At times 50 or 60 us going to away matches to watch us get thumped by Rochdale, no disrespect to Rochdale.

There are no more shining knights banging our door down to save the club, and if we keep driving owners and chairman like you out in the manner we do I can't see us attracting anyone.

Please stay.

Yours sincerely,VINCE ALM (Cardiff City Supporters Club)

Cardiff v Leeds on 22:15 - Jan 6 with 1355 viewsDr_Parnassus

Correction, it was the Echo not WoL.

Cardiff v Leeds on 22:25 - Jan 6 with 1339 viewsAguycalledJack

I think this is live on tv as well. Could be embarrassing, empty seats and a good hiding on the pitch.
Cardiff v Leeds on 23:33 - Jan 6 with 1321 viewsSTID2017

Cardiff v Leeds on 22:25 - Jan 6 by AguycalledJack

I think this is live on tv as well. Could be embarrassing, empty seats and a good hiding on the pitch.

Yes could be an embarrassing day for Wales' Premier club and its many, many thousands of fans
That said I dislike Leeds too so don't really care too much

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Cardiff v Leeds on 09:50 - Jan 7 with 1247 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Cardiff v Leeds on 22:09 - Jan 6 by Dr_Parnassus

These letters were posted on WOL after Tan threatened to pull out after fans said they didn’t want to turn from blue to red. They saw the pound signs in their eyes disappearing and they went on the offensive to show “how much they love him”.

The most telling part of Annis’ was “To me, you are our future, therefore I am behind you and want what you want to do.” - this is now denied of course, but it’s all captured on the online publishing library from that date in history.

They all grovelled to him and supported the turn to red. Many now of course pretend it didn’t happen and even contacted WOL to remove the evidence…

Enjoy:

Dear Vincent and Dato, I am writing to you as a dedicated Cardiff City regular supporter for 67 years. "Dedicated" is not really a strong enough word.

We have been looking for a great many years for an enthusiastic, clever and mainly rich individual who would lift this "threadbare" club financially by the scruff the neck and put it where it belongs - amongst the elite in soccer.

This is, remember, the capital city of Wales. I fully understand the passion of fans who follow the City team in away games, often at great expense. But unfortunately it appears that a few of them do not reside in this tough world. The two of you, as businessmen, have the acumen to understand that the funding of this great but unfortunately penniless club must come from quite massive sales of some kind of product and it will not be from selling the club's history.

The Malaysian market would gobble up sales of City's red shirts, you say, and I have belief in your judgement. I want my great club to have a fantastic future and not just a great past. That City past can never be taken away whatever the colour of the shirt - home shirt or away shirt - and I do not want the potential disgrace of the great Glasgow Rangers club. So please ignore the sincere but dinosaur attitudes of those who - like a few Welsh Assembly Members - want the "penny and the bun", i.e. the blue shirt plus every bit of the money that only the red would sell for. Anyway, I like the idea that the best part of the whole Malaysian nation is crazy about Cardiff City.

What a brilliant human association of our peoples. So, gentlemen, compromise a little over the colour if you are able but please go ahead with your original plan. I shall be gutted if you do not!

And like very many thousands of other fans, I am extremely grateful for everything you have done for my club.

Many thanks from GEOFF EDMUNDS, fan since 1945.

I would like to apologise for all the vitriol you have had to put up with. There were people who were pretending to be from our club who were jealous and they jumped on the bandwagon because a lot of people didn't want us to have that investment. But we can absolutely still make the Premier League. We know there's no investment in South Wales - that's pretty obvious.

What there is, has all got to be shared between the rugby and Swansea City - we know there's no other way.

But you are developing grassroots football in Malaysia with the Kuala Lumpur academy and we would like you to do that in South Wales. That's a model South Wales people should be proud of.

It is self-financing and in the future we could generate players and sell them on. We want to keep doing that rather than rely on investors having to keep plying money in. There's still a lot of goodwill and gratitude towards you and that will never change.

The stupid idiots who criticise you can stay out.

Yours sincerely, PAUL CORKREY (high-profile fan)

Dear Mr Tan, I just hope you can accept the word sorry. It has been a really sad couple of days. We have now got to show you a bit of strength and unity and let you know that we are behind you and that we want you at our football club. It was obvious how much you loved being on the pitch after Crystal Palace and being at Wembley for the Carling Cup final with Liverpool and we have got to show you that is the future of Cardiff City. When Alan Whiteley read out that statement from TG I felt humbled. You have come over to our country, saved our football club, put all this money in and haven't even had a meal in a hotel on the club, not even had a taxi on the club. You provided a plane - your own personal plane - for our players to fly from Cardiff to Blackpool.

We know you're not taking a penny out. I ask you now, please put what has happened behind you and forget all the rubbish that has been said. It's just not on.

Yours sincerely, TONY JEFFRIES (long-time supporter)

Dear Mr Tan, I appeal to you - please do not be offended by some of the comments that we made.

I feel a lot of those were comments that were not from true fans but people who wanted to create problems and from those who might have come from outside our club.

We know some fans have taken the wrong attitude. I just hope you can forgive us and give us the chance to earn your trust again.

The majority of genuine fans appreciate what you have done and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We only hope you stay with us because we want to form a strong bond. That's what most of us want.

And a lot of us are really embarrassed by some of the messages that have been put out there from people.

Success is assured if you stay on long term, and when you went around the pitch with TG (versus Crystal Palace) we could see you were taking it all in. You were glowing then and I think that was when you fell in love with Cardiff City.

I understand if you think a lot of the fans have turned on you, but honestly that's not the case.

Yours sincerely, GWYN DAVIES (Valley Rams supporters group)

Dear Mr Tan, When I first heard proposals I was speechless - even after a second meeting with the club - so was everyone else and it was silent for at least a few minutes.

We all looked at ourselves and thought: 'Oh my goodness. What will happen to our football club? Will we still have one?”

I don't want you to go.

I don't want you to leave.

But I haven't got anything to apologise for because I stood up for what I believed in. I respect that you came back and compromised and said we can keep our Bluebird. Now we need to work together - the only way forward is to work together.

To me, you are our future, therefore I am behind you and want what you want to do.

Yours sincerely, ANNIS ABRAHAM (lifelong Cardiff City fan and fans' message board administrator)

Dear Mr Tan, My personal view is this could be a sad day for the future of Cardiff City Football Club.

You have been nothing more than honourable all the time you have been at the club, not taking a penny out of the club, just putting in close to pounds 40m over the past two years for nothing in return.

The personal abuse which I have read on social network sites and message boards has been nothing short of shocking, and you didn't deserve it after everything you have done for this football club.

My opinion on the matter was to accept the change for the future stability of the club, even though I am vehemently against it, and lobby in a peaceful and civil manner over the coming years to have it changed back.

I am a traditionalist, but what is the point of sticking to that if you haven't got a club at the end of it? I had 20 years of the lower divisions, for the record it was awful, I hated it.

At times 50 or 60 us going to away matches to watch us get thumped by Rochdale, no disrespect to Rochdale.

There are no more shining knights banging our door down to save the club, and if we keep driving owners and chairman like you out in the manner we do I can't see us attracting anyone.

Please stay.

Yours sincerely,VINCE ALM (Cardiff City Supporters Club)

Imagine being so desperately sad as that Paul Corkrey to describe himself as a “high profile fan”

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Cardiff v Leeds on 10:01 - Jan 7 with 1232 viewsKeithHaynes

Cardiff v Leeds on 09:50 - Jan 7 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Imagine being so desperately sad as that Paul Corkrey to describe himself as a “high profile fan”

Is a high profile fan like someone who has bought a blue tick on Twitter ?
What a loon 😂

Cardiff v Leeds on 10:25 - Jan 7 with 1215 viewsbennytheblue

Cardiff v Leeds on 23:33 - Jan 6 by STID2017

Yes could be an embarrassing day for Wales' Premier club and its many, many thousands of fans
That said I dislike Leeds too so don't really care too much

Our recent record of won 15 drawn 5 lost 3 is about to change to 15 5 4 I have little doubt.
There’s another team who play in white our record isn’t so great……
Cardiff v Leeds on 12:55 - Jan 7 with 1139 viewsbennytheblue

Cardiff v Leeds on 21:18 - Jan 6 by owainglyndwr

Only just seen this as I had u on ignore from years ago….😂
It was what it was…..no women no kids
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024