Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crysral Palace Matchday Thread 11:43 - Jan 7 with 6051 views10i

At least NJ believes in his crap decisions. It looks like 5 at the back including Lyanco with AMN replacing KWP to weaken it a bit more.
Crysral Palace Matchday Thread on 18:05 - Jan 7 with 935 viewsgrumpy

Crysral Palace Matchday Thread on 17:49 - Jan 7 by pjt50

Don't want to put a damper on things & I'm always thankful for a win, however we get it, but let's be honest. It wasn't down to a great performance or a Jones masterplan. It was due to two howlers by their keeper that we're unlikely to see again this season.

What it probably has done is buy Jones more time that I don't think he merits. Come the end of the season we may well look back on this result as one of the events that cemented our relegation.

Sadly I agree with you.
Crysral Palace Matchday Thread on 18:06 - Jan 7 with 934 viewsBerber

Crysral Palace Matchday Thread on 14:37 - Jan 7 by City_boy

Great result and big effort today.

Still not sure Jones has tactics right, He continues with the back 5, which leaves big gaps.
Jones looked a bit shocked (not sure why) when fans vented their frustration at his tactics.

In the first half we played loads of long diagonal balls. Even Baznu was hoofing long with no end result.

We still only had 2 (real) attempts on target. One from a freak free kick that everybody left and went in and the other when Armstrong robbed their keeper. There were chances and some good breakaway, but the end result was still poor.

Had their shot that hit the bar gone in, at 2-0, I doubt we would have come back from that.

All said, a good result and will do their confidence the world of good.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 14:45]

I think NJ went to the Stanley Unwin school of Football Management.
Crysral Palace Matchday Thread on 18:09 - Jan 7 with 911 viewsgrumpy

Those subs towards the end looked desperate.
Crysral Palace Matchday Thread on 18:24 - Jan 7 with 856 viewskernow

Crysral Palace Matchday Thread on 18:06 - Jan 7 by Berber

I think NJ went to the Stanley Unwin school of Football Management.

Are you all sitting comfybold
Two square on your botty...?
Crysral Palace Matchday Thread on 20:28 - Jan 7 with 732 viewsSFC_Referee

Crysral Palace Matchday Thread on 17:49 - Jan 7 by pjt50

Don't want to put a damper on things & I'm always thankful for a win, however we get it, but let's be honest. It wasn't down to a great performance or a Jones masterplan. It was due to two howlers by their keeper that we're unlikely to see again this season.

What it probably has done is buy Jones more time that I don't think he merits. Come the end of the season we may well look back on this result as one of the events that cemented our relegation.

You say that, but it’s about time we had some luck on our side, and even then we did still play well today.
As since NJ took over, we’ve been straight up dreadful in all of the Brighton, Forrest and Lincoln games (with us only getting a result against Lincoln as they’re league 1 and we’re prem). As in those 3 games our opponents were always gonna play better than us, and we all knew how poor almost everyone player was in those games, with no real positives at all from any of them.

Yet for the Fulham and Palace games, we’ve actually played well for a large period of the game. As against Fulham, from KO to when they got their opener and again from when Prowse scored to FullTime, we were the better team and were the one that deserved something outta that game. And again today, from KO to their opener and then again from Prowse’s goal until the last few subs were made (as in Diallo and Djenpo coming on) we were the better team. Yet in both it was just down to the quality of players we’ve got that we couldn’t take more chances, as they ether aren’t experienced enough or are just fraught up not good enough, but for how well we were overall that’s down to a mix of the players and the manager.

As todays game may not have been a pitch perfect one, but we were the better team and did actually perform fairly well and did deserve to get something, if not win. As both goals were a little flukey, but then for all the other chances we had it made up for them, as other than that early howler from their striker, they had very few chances which they missed, whilst we had a fair few. So look if todays that game we need to trigger a run, then great, as it wasn’t perfect but it was a good display and in the end got us the result we needed and deserved.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 20:42]

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Crysral Palace Matchday Thread on 20:35 - Jan 7 with 720 viewsmushinexile

Agreed. The recovery, if there is to be one has to begin somewhere. Today will do. Lifting the spirits of the fans and the team will do more good than further depressing them.
Crysral Palace Matchday Thread on 08:30 - Jan 8 with 510 viewsBerber

Crysral Palace Matchday Thread on 20:28 - Jan 7 by SFC_Referee

You say that, but it’s about time we had some luck on our side, and even then we did still play well today.
As since NJ took over, we’ve been straight up dreadful in all of the Brighton, Forrest and Lincoln games (with us only getting a result against Lincoln as they’re league 1 and we’re prem). As in those 3 games our opponents were always gonna play better than us, and we all knew how poor almost everyone player was in those games, with no real positives at all from any of them.

Yet for the Fulham and Palace games, we’ve actually played well for a large period of the game. As against Fulham, from KO to when they got their opener and again from when Prowse scored to FullTime, we were the better team and were the one that deserved something outta that game. And again today, from KO to their opener and then again from Prowse’s goal until the last few subs were made (as in Diallo and Djenpo coming on) we were the better team. Yet in both it was just down to the quality of players we’ve got that we couldn’t take more chances, as they ether aren’t experienced enough or are just fraught up not good enough, but for how well we were overall that’s down to a mix of the players and the manager.

As todays game may not have been a pitch perfect one, but we were the better team and did actually perform fairly well and did deserve to get something, if not win. As both goals were a little flukey, but then for all the other chances we had it made up for them, as other than that early howler from their striker, they had very few chances which they missed, whilst we had a fair few. So look if todays that game we need to trigger a run, then great, as it wasn’t perfect but it was a good display and in the end got us the result we needed and deserved.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 20:42]

Palace were shite, but still could have scoured a hatful of goals. To say we were the better team is just saying were were less shite.
Crysral Palace Matchday Thread on 09:14 - Jan 8 with 466 viewsSFC_Referee

Crysral Palace Matchday Thread on 08:30 - Jan 8 by Berber

Palace were shite, but still could have scoured a hatful of goals. To say we were the better team is just saying were were less shite.

Ok but that “less shite” wasn’t actually that bad in the end, and like I said before if we need a result to get us on a run and start winning more and playing well in everyone’s opinions then I’ll take yesterday. But even then we still were actually fairly decent, and hopefully it can be the start of something

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024