Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Critchley out 17:08 - Jan 28 with 22788 viewsdamienhoops68

Get this manager out not got a clue. We will be in relagation battle in a couple of weeks.
Critchley out on 13:45 - Jan 29 with 2574 viewspaulparker

Critchley out on 12:50 - Jan 29 by Sakura

It does mean Administration…Initially. but then it means the entire end of the club. No stadium. No training ground. No players. That is it

I think it's disgusting you encourage that situation.

We've seen with Warnock how quickly getting the right football people in charge can turn things in a positive direction.

This team was top of the league and cruising a few months ago and now you want to burn it all to the ground

It's Belk and Ferdinand who need to be held responsible for the lack of success in us trading up Brentford style
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 12:51]

We've seen with Warnock how quickly getting the right football people in charge can turn things in a positive direction.

True but that appointment was from a different board
Problem is this board/ owners haven't made a good appointment in the time they have been here
Also this is the same owners who sacked said good appointment and replaced with the cancer that was Hughes,Riggs and Kia , they then had said good appointment back after the mess of Ramsey but didn’t do enough to convince him to stay instead we got JFH

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Critchley out on 14:00 - Jan 29 with 2534 viewstraininvain

Critchley out on 13:15 - Jan 29 by distortR

I don't know, mate. I'm very much thinking in how tight our budget is, how low his confidence is, how he is physically? How he won't commit to the club.
With his current injury travails and form, I can't see anyone wanting him enough now to pay out a few million this summer when they can get him on a free in a year, unless his form improves and he stays fit for the rest of the season, in which case you take the one year option anyway.

Edit - i suppose my attitude is shaped by watching a team where it appears some players are not committed to the cause.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 13:18]

Fair enough mate. My judgment might be clouded by the disbelief at how Willock’s gone from £10m+ star player to potentially surplus to requirements in the space of two months. I suppose it’s reflective of the team’s wider decline.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 14:03]
Critchley out on 14:08 - Jan 29 with 2490 viewsdistortR

Critchley out on 14:00 - Jan 29 by traininvain

Fair enough mate. My judgment might be clouded by the disbelief at how Willock’s gone from £10m+ star player to potentially surplus to requirements in the space of two months. I suppose it’s reflective of the team’s wider decline.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 14:03]

It's unreal, isn't it? He was a joy to watch, and his shooting accuracy top class.
Critchley out on 14:53 - Jan 29 with 2343 viewsSakura

Critchley out on 13:45 - Jan 29 by paulparker

True but that appointment was from a different board
Problem is this board/ owners haven't made a good appointment in the time they have been here
Also this is the same owners who sacked said good appointment and replaced with the cancer that was Hughes,Riggs and Kia , they then had said good appointment back after the mess of Ramsey but didn’t do enough to convince him to stay instead we got JFH

Bernie and Flávio were dreadful owners but they got promoted because Bhatia (our current Chairman and Chairman then) appointed Warnock who got recruitment right and was a decent manager. That's what we need to focus on now as a most practical route to helping the clubs situation but with DOF model

Ramsey and JFH were no doubt Les appointments. Because they came after the DOF model. It's him who needs to go. New owners could be great but it could also literally bring about the end of the club

Replacing Les and Belk properly is the most prudent option

Get a head of recruitment in who can pick up players we turn for a profit
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 14:53]
Critchley out on 15:40 - Jan 29 with 2205 viewsdaveB

Critchley out on 10:53 - Jan 29 by Rangersw12

I don't think it's up to us as a club to teach Tim how to play in men's football

I would rather we played our own players like Richards as next season we're going to be relying on him

Well he is our player until the end of the season, basically on a 1 year contract with us so we either get the best out of him in that time he's with us or don't bother.

We need to worry about this season rather than next year at the moment
Critchley out on 15:42 - Jan 29 with 2191 viewsswisscottage

Critchley out on 14:53 - Jan 29 by Sakura

Bernie and Flávio were dreadful owners but they got promoted because Bhatia (our current Chairman and Chairman then) appointed Warnock who got recruitment right and was a decent manager. That's what we need to focus on now as a most practical route to helping the clubs situation but with DOF model

Ramsey and JFH were no doubt Les appointments. Because they came after the DOF model. It's him who needs to go. New owners could be great but it could also literally bring about the end of the club

you make it sound so easy I'm amazed every other football club doesn't make millions each year from doing this.
Critchley out on 15:48 - Jan 29 with 2176 viewsdaveB

Critchley out on 14:53 - Jan 29 by Sakura

to be fair to Belk he did that bringing in Dickie, Willock, Dykes, Dunne and Paal, all players you would have expected to bring in some money, they were all young with potential and ticked all the boxes
Critchley out on 15:57 - Jan 29 with 2145 viewsPinnerPaul

Op - Mathematically impossible.
Login to get fewer ads

Critchley out on 16:00 - Jan 29 with 2124 viewsPinnerPaul

Critchley out on 17:16 - Jan 28 by LowerloftLad

Stick with him for now.

I disagree with being in a relagation fight in a few weeks and this only because we are in that fight now Huddersfield next weekend is a big six pointer.

I get we're all upset, but really don't see how 4 points from 6th and 12 from 22nd is a relegation fight?

Carry on the same form for a month, yep, I'm with you, but its nonsense to say that now.
Critchley out on 16:04 - Jan 29 with 2097 viewsPinnerPaul

Critchley out on 19:56 - Jan 28 by ed_83

On a long list of people to blame, Critchley is near the bottom. You can look at the people running the club and the recruitment they’ve done, you can point at Beale, but really this is about the players.

They have the ability to compete in the upper half of the Championship. We know they do, because we’ve seen them do it. Paal, Willock, Amos, Dozzell, Clarke-Salter, Chair, Iroegbunam, Roberts, Dickie, Field: these are not League One players on a technical level. Their problem is simply one of mentality. They’re too passive, too weak, too immature, too willing to simply give up when things aren’t going their way. A bunch of pampered academy boys, half-hearted loans and others who either think they’re too good for this club, or don’t have the bottle to be here.

This is on them. There are valid criticisms you can make of the running of the club and the coaching of the team, but without a squad of players who are willing to get stuck in, to make tackles and compete, to make runs off the ball and take risks in attack, to actually fcking DO SOMETHING rather than sit there and wait for someone else to do it, then sacking the manager, or for that matter the DOF or the academy head, won’t change a damn thing.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 19:58]

What a great post!
Critchley out on 16:23 - Jan 29 with 2015 viewsLblock

Critchley out on 12:50 - Jan 29 by Sakura

It does mean Administration…Initially. but then it means the entire end of the club. No stadium. No training ground. No players. That is it

I think it's disgusting you encourage that situation.

This team was top of the league and cruising a few months ago and now you want to burn it all to the ground

It's Belk and Ferdinand who need to be held responsible for the lack of success in us trading up Brentford style
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 12:51]

I notice you didn't answer any of my questions.

I wont deride you as you saw fit to do to others.

We move on

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Critchley out on 16:34 - Jan 29 with 1964 viewsqprphil

For me it;s the players who are letting the club down, full stop.. The same group who got us at the top, perhaps the confidence is shot, winning games is a good habit, losing games is a bad habit as we all know. Klopp at Liverpool for instance, mainly the same players, All of a sudden defence all over the place, forwards can't hit a cows arse with a banjo. I've seen it all before, as have many of us, sometimes just one player can add that spark, I was hoping Lowe might do that, but then again....
Critchley out on 16:34 - Jan 29 with 1967 viewsRangersw12

Critchley out on 16:00 - Jan 29 by PinnerPaul

I get we're all upset, but really don't see how 4 points from 6th and 12 from 22nd is a relegation fight?

Carry on the same form for a month, yep, I'm with you, but its nonsense to say that now.

Its false position at the moment though as majority of clubs have 1 game in hand with some having 2
Critchley out on 16:47 - Jan 29 with 1922 viewsPinnerPaul

Critchley out on 16:34 - Jan 29 by Rangersw12

Its false position at the moment though as majority of clubs have 1 game in hand with some having 2

Fair point, but obviously, and more especially for those below, those games don't automatically mean points!
Critchley out on 16:50 - Jan 29 with 1889 viewsSakura

Critchley out on 16:23 - Jan 29 by Lblock

I notice you didn't answer any of my questions.

I wont deride you as you saw fit to do to others.

We move on

Because you want the club to go down a route that may lead to it literally no longer existing. All because you doubt they will appoint the right replacement for Les and Belk. FFS
Critchley out on 16:52 - Jan 29 with 1888 viewsSakura

Critchley out on 15:48 - Jan 29 by daveB

to be fair to Belk he did that bringing in Dickie, Willock, Dykes, Dunne and Paal, all players you would have expected to bring in some money, they were all young with potential and ticked all the boxes

That’s the best he’s come up with but it’s not been good enough
Critchley out on 17:07 - Jan 29 with 1841 viewsLblock

Critchley out on 16:50 - Jan 29 by Sakura

Because you want the club to go down a route that may lead to it literally no longer existing. All because you doubt they will appoint the right replacement for Les and Belk. FFS

Where have I said I want that? I floated it as an unpalatable solution when I gave you the good grace of answering your questions.

It is entirely possible Bungle, Ganganan and Les wake up tomorrow and have a list of wonderful players to sign for us, reasonable prices etc
It may even be the case that lovely pitches and a shiney new scaled down building means the yoof coaches (and other levels) suddenly become wizards and produce great players and this conveyorbelt starts rolling.
There's a chance all the lads at the top get every single decision they make for the next five years absolutely spot on.

We could, really, really could buck the trend of the last dozen years where they've had a reverse Midas touch. This seems to be your belief.

Maybe I've answered my questions to you for you, maybe not.
We'll never know

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Critchley out on 17:07 - Jan 29 with 1839 viewsdavman

Critchley out on 21:27 - Jan 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

The players might be dogshit, but the process isn’t so I hope we stick to it instead of hauling Austin and the like back in like a frayed comfort blanket.

The process wasn't, but is now that value has gone out of our "assets". If we can't get more for our players than we spent on them (buying price PLUS wages), the process doesn't work.

So all their plans have failed or will fail:

Plan A - throw cash at it once in the Prem. Had two goes failed horrendously.
Plan B - get a new stadium to maximise off the pitch income - failed as they want to get a site on the cheap despite professing how much they want to spend.
Plan C - balance the books, reduce the wage bill, buy low, sell high - spectacular failure especially now the bottom has fallen out of the Champ transfer market. Can't but cheap foreigners due to Brexit - well done all.

... and to the suggestion on this thread about AFC QPR. Don't make me laugh, who will lift a finger to make that happen? Our apathy is palpable. I love QPR, but couldn't / wouldn't be able to do anything other than to keep going and paying for my tickets / membership. If the club died, I would be genuinely heartbroken, but life would go on...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Critchley out on 17:12 - Jan 29 with 1820 viewstraininvain

Critchley out on 15:48 - Jan 29 by daveB

It’s frustrating because some of that is down to bad luck. If Willock hadn’t got injured second half of last season and played anywhere near his form up until Christmas, I think it’s fair to say that a bigger club might have taken a punt on him last summer at circa £10m. Likewise this season and Willock’s form before his injury in October.

Semenyo (16 in 112 games at Bristol) has just gone to Bournemouth for £10m and Willock’s goalscoring record is better (16 in 82 games for us). Similar age as well.

Club can’t catch a break.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 17:15]
Critchley out on 17:24 - Jan 29 with 1791 viewsDamo1962

Critchley out on 17:12 - Jan 29 by traininvain

It’s frustrating because some of that is down to bad luck. If Willock hadn’t got injured second half of last season and played anywhere near his form up until Christmas, I think it’s fair to say that a bigger club might have taken a punt on him last summer at circa £10m. Likewise this season and Willock’s form before his injury in October.

Semenyo (16 in 112 games at Bristol) has just gone to Bournemouth for £10m and Willock’s goalscoring record is better (16 in 82 games for us). Similar age as well.

Club can’t catch a break.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 17:15]

It's that old curse again 😉
Critchley out on 17:27 - Jan 29 with 1779 viewsDamo1962

Critchley out on 17:07 - Jan 29 by davman

The process wasn't, but is now that value has gone out of our "assets". If we can't get more for our players than we spent on them (buying price PLUS wages), the process doesn't work.

So all their plans have failed or will fail:

Plan A - throw cash at it once in the Prem. Had two goes failed horrendously.
Plan B - get a new stadium to maximise off the pitch income - failed as they want to get a site on the cheap despite professing how much they want to spend.
Plan C - balance the books, reduce the wage bill, buy low, sell high - spectacular failure especially now the bottom has fallen out of the Champ transfer market. Can't but cheap foreigners due to Brexit - well done all.

... and to the suggestion on this thread about AFC QPR. Don't make me laugh, who will lift a finger to make that happen? Our apathy is palpable. I love QPR, but couldn't / wouldn't be able to do anything other than to keep going and paying for my tickets / membership. If the club died, I would be genuinely heartbroken, but life would go on...

Spot on analysis Davman. Sums up my own feelings about the situation the club is in, and my own response to it.
Critchley out on 17:59 - Jan 29 with 1712 viewsstanistheman

Critchley out on 16:00 - Jan 29 by PinnerPaul

We have won just once since 22 October and that is relegation form. Stop looking at the table and think it is ok it’s the form table and forthcoming fixtures that concern me and I dare say a load of other fans.

Where is our next win coming from? Away at Huddersfield where we rarely get 3 points, home to Millwall and Sunderland are the next 3 games and the form book with the squad deficiencies and injuries don’t make for an optimistic view.

We have struggled for goals nearly all season. Apart from a few games where we scored 2 & 3 we have had a large majority of 0 scored.

Playing with 1 centre forward who rarely scores has been an issue and I don’t trust our recruitment team to be able to address that in this window so will just need to hope that Critchley can change the formation, tactics and mindset of this squad.
Critchley out on 18:11 - Jan 29 with 1679 viewsPaddyhoops

We’re being crippled by injuries lately which isn’t helping . I think it ludicrous to suggest that we ditch Critchley. He inherited a tricky situation. Players especially loanees who came to worship at the alter of Tubbie Beale a part of the problem
He deserves time to turn it around.
I said when he took over he has to win 5 times to keep us up . If he couldn’t he doesn’t deserve to be here.
Here’s hoping.
Critchley out on 18:15 - Jan 29 with 1650 viewsBklynRanger

(I'd just like to set the record straight and let Damien know, when he comes back in another 4 years, that I have incorrectly up-voted this post.

Many Thanks)
Critchley out on 18:18 - Jan 29 with 1640 viewsdistortR

Critchley out on 18:15 - Jan 29 by BklynRanger

(I'd just like to set the record straight and let Damien know, when he comes back in another 4 years, that I have incorrectly up-voted this post.

Many Thanks)

It's quite clearly Ainsworth angling for the job.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024