Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Critchley out 17:08 - Jan 28 with 22789 viewsdamienhoops68

Get this manager out not got a clue. We will be in relagation battle in a couple of weeks.
Critchley out on 10:29 - Jan 29 with 2098 viewsParkRoyalR

Critchley out on 10:22 - Jan 29 by Rangersw12

He's been terrible bar 1 or 2 games and like the rest of them his attitude stinks

The Championship is too much for him and he needs to go back to playing with nice kids his own age
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 10:26]

Disagree, need to recognise his weaknesses as a 19 year old Academy footballer, play to his strengths and get either SJ or Field to coach him through games in the way a Shaun Derry would,

A formation change for me would change the dynamic of this team but with Laird and Dykes out and Willock struggling to get match fit this team will need our support in the next few weeks to keep that gap to the bottom 3.
Critchley out on 10:42 - Jan 29 with 2056 viewsfrancisbowles

Critchley out on 09:23 - Jan 29 by distortR

I think our situation is pretty unique. The players totally bought into Beale (And a number were brought in by Beale), but the downturn started after the wolves business - despite his much derided statement of loyalty, hindsight suggests that they knew he was off. They then had a month of 'whats the point' under him. The performances at Brum and Cov were dire.
Allied to this, last seasons dramatic fall away shows how little fight this squad of players has got, how mentally weak they are. And the number of sicknotes we carry. To this, we added JCS, Roberts, Tim, Balogun. This is where we need to look at our DoF, his remit, etc
But, to say, at a club with our current status, to an aspirational, in demand, up-and-coming manager, 'you play the players we get for you', well, he's not coming, is he? And, of course, the limited pool of talent that we can choose from is affected by the manager we have. Are Paal and Laird coming here under a different manager? The reality is far more complex then we maybe allow.
Then we have the long-standing issue with our b-team, and the lack of players ready to push for places in our first team, which I think is our biggest (footballing) problem. There is just no pressure on under-performing first teamers. The investment in the new training facilities is significant and much needed, and will hopefully bring results, but I do wonder about the ability of those running the teams at these levels. I have said before, I would like to see a thorough, external audit of how the club is run on the footballing side. Yet in reality there is probably a continual, ongoing review process, you probably wouldn't announce it, and the results are, doing as well as can be expected with our facilities, our catchment area, our pull?
There is the need for a new stadium, in an area surrounded by other established football clubs, in an area where land is at a premium both in availability and cost, where planning is going to be contentious. While keeping the fans happy.
Really, for me to be lecturing the group of blokes who run QPR how to do their job would be beyond laughable. I'm a one man band with a berlingo with a blown head gasket, no spare tyre and a final demand on last years tax. Joker.
So,,,,,,,,,,,,Neil Critchley to blame?

Brilliant post. Sums up our predicament.

We can't change the owners, unless some other foolish group willing to lose mega money comes along. They have made huge mistakes, mainly in their early years, but we have had other owners who have foolishly put us in weak financial positions in the past. Yes, they have continued to make decisions, that in hindsight, have turned out to be poor and a waste of some of our meagre cashflow. But, what's the alternative.

We shouldn't talk about sacking the manager. It hasn't worked before and we can't afford it anyway. Who else would we convince to take on this mess with no money to spend.

NC has inherited this debacle and we can't give him any resources to make a significant change. He deserves, at the very least, another year, whatever happens, to have the summer to really have a go at implementing his style on a different squad, whoever remains, comes in or is promoted into it. Then at least half a season to see if we are making progress.

Our only real hope, is that somehow, our new training centre can slowly begin to have an impact. That we can attract a few more and better youngsters away from the bigger clubs. Our USP has to be they will have better opportunities to break through with us. It's that or a miracle occurs and we find ourselves with a season in the premier division!

Even after years of budget cuts, particularly on player salaries, we just don't earn anywhere near enough revenue to pay our costs. If we were any other business, we would have gone bust years ago. Only in football can you carry on losing money, year after year after year.
Critchley out on 10:50 - Jan 29 with 2031 viewsw7r

Critchley out on 18:11 - Jan 28 by PlanetHonneywood

You have to admire the consistency of the boy.

Gerry would approve.
(No subject) (n/t) on 10:50 - Jan 29 with 2031 viewsw7r

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:50 - Jan 29 with 2031 viewsw7r

Critchley out on 10:53 - Jan 29 with 2021 viewsRangersw12

Critchley out on 10:29 - Jan 29 by ParkRoyalR

Disagree, need to recognise his weaknesses as a 19 year old Academy footballer, play to his strengths and get either SJ or Field to coach him through games in the way a Shaun Derry would,

A formation change for me would change the dynamic of this team but with Laird and Dykes out and Willock struggling to get match fit this team will need our support in the next few weeks to keep that gap to the bottom 3.

I don't think it's up to us as a club to teach Tim how to play in men's football

I would rather we played our own players like Richards as next season we're going to be relying on him
(No subject) (n/t) on 10:54 - Jan 29 with 2015 viewsfrancisbowles

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:50 - Jan 29 by w7r

Not much to say then!
Critchley out on 10:59 - Jan 29 with 1986 viewsNortholt_Rs

Critchley out on 09:18 - Jan 29 by E15Hoop

I don't think he's lost. I just think he's one of those guys who holds on to his anger until it becomes volcanic. I think the players will have experienced the volcanic outburst by now, so how they respond to it over the next few games will tell us a lot.

Surely Critchley would’ve gone ballistic after the Fleetwood fiasco? We all saw the response yesterday…. This lot aren’t interested in playing for him, the shirt or us.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Login to get fewer ads

Critchley out on 11:01 - Jan 29 with 1969 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Critchley out on 10:53 - Jan 29 by Rangersw12

I don't think it's up to us as a club to teach Tim how to play in men's football

I would rather we played our own players like Richards as next season we're going to be relying on him

Richards is on loan I think.
Critchley out on 11:15 - Jan 29 with 1909 views1JD

Critchley out on 10:19 - Jan 29 by ParkRoyalR

Tim's our only midfielder who can beat his man, break the line and open up play, needs to be relieved of any defensive duties as lacks concentration when we are out of possession.

Iroegbunam admits he enjoys the defensive side of the game and relishes a clean sheet as much as a goal.
“I like to press, win the ball back, get on the ball and play forwards, dribble the ball, everything,” he said.
“I probably like defending more than attacking. I would rather stop a goal than score one, I have always been like that.
“I like the thrill of making a sliding tackle, winning the ball, and getting back up — it makes me feel good.

This from the man himself when he signed. He is meant to be a defensive midfielder. But has shown nothing to suggest he is one. Field for the most part is playing on his own in there.

As for being an attacking or creative midfielder, no goals, no assists, and overall, no threat. I’d send him back to Villa in normal circumstances - he has been a real disappointment - but we aren’t exactly blessed with cover or alternatives.
Critchley out on 11:16 - Jan 29 with 1899 viewsParkRoyalR

Critchley out on 10:25 - Jan 29 by daveB

Good to see your still blaming Austin

If that's the only point you picked out from my post fair enough, from the outset hoped Warburton was a perfect DoF for us due to his work ethic and passion for the game.

Les is a nice fella and perfect front man for a big club but just not what we need imo.

Thought Warburton tenure hinged on Austin + Gray putting in a good season until we could replace Bonne etc

Unfortunately Gray seemed to pull a few strokes leading to a rift between Les and Warburton and the other fella rode the club and fans for the 2nd time.

Big regret for me was losing Warburton which is why I've got no time for those two charlatans, having ruined a chance in generation to fix our club.
Critchley out on 11:20 - Jan 29 with 1888 viewsLblock

Critchley out on 09:36 - Jan 29 by Sakura

I would say the reason they are having to write the cheques for millions a month is because Les and Belk haven’t managed to do what Brentford did. The same summer they picked up Ollie Watkins and later sold him for 20 odd million we went for Wheeler. When they sold us Bidwell they went to Walsall and got Rico Henry

Now unless your crazy enough to want future owners selecting our signings and doing the scouting then it comes down to Les and Belk

But the absolutely crucial bit misguided fans like your self need to grasp. Whatever has gone on before. The situation right now is we do need owners to pay millions a month of their own money. To fund the club

say again, maybe you will answer this time, in this oh so well thought through protest of yours against the owners are they to keep writing cheques for millions of pounds each month while we await new owners?

So with that in mind. I’ll ask your the same question that Parker and Northolt R’s buried their head in the sand over:

Are we building those millions each month the owners are now paying into the sale price? Because if not what do they get in return for that? Explain that. Remember how much of their own money they have put in

Because if you haven't got an answer to that question then that means you are effectively asking for them to let the club go bankrupt because why should they stay and give up something they have paid for. Think about it from their side

What is the solution you are proposing. Explain it. It’s moronic to suggest something they have sunk hundreds of millions of pounds into they should just walk away and give up any potential upside

Explain all the way through step by step of what you want to see happening with the ownership of the club and why you think that’s realistic. It’s idiotic and self harm for the club if you can’t
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 9:37]

As you asked so politely I'll respond in kind:--

"Are we building those millions each month the owners are now paying into the sale price?"

Yes - I'd say they are but clearly they won't get it back unless by some miracle we make the Premiership under their tenure.
If I spend a load of money doing DIY on my house and I actually make a pigs ear of it I have two choices -- keep spending till it looks good enough or try to sell it to some mug who cannot see my bodge job and take what I can get for it, a.k.a cutting my losses. They are choosing the former (and thank God for that at the moment) but clearly aren't getting the right people in to do the work on the house.

"(Because if not) what do they get in return for that?"

I'm no tax or business genius but it's fairly commonly known that a football club as a loss making part of an enterprise can be used to suppress tax liability whilst using it as a fun toy, a status symbol or maybe other not so fluffy means. Pure conjecture but I'd say a portion of that is what they are getting.

"What is the solution you are proposing. Explain it."

If I had the solution do you not think I'd be minted and set up as a football club maverick problem solver? I do have a solution but it's not a palatable one for you, any other fan or me as it involves years of hardship and risking the possible end of the club as we know it.
It involves them walking away, leaving the empty shell of the club they've caused and writing off debts but clearly this means Admin straight away and likely relegation, possibly right out of the league. It's then a blank sheet of paper for people with far better brains and bigger bank accounts than me BUT they need to be sensible and look at the routes others have taken now on the up, see Lutonscum, Bolton etc. A winners culture needs to grow from the lowest baseline with the highest standards equating to every level the club is playing at and, if possible, I would sign players based on ability, fitness but equally weighted - their personality and character.

I do agree with you that we have unqualified people in key positions; ergo Sir Les, and they need to go.

So now I have questions for you:-

What do you think is going to change under the current incumbents if we just leave things as they are?
Why do you think the people who couldn't find their arse with both their hands would suddenly be able to find the correct replacements for Les and Belk? They installed them in the first place!
What is this potential upside you refer to and do you realistically think they will ever achieve it and how?

Misguided I may be - no idea who by - but I do have a grasp of reality (see above unpalatable solution).

I do hope my answering has slaked your condescending attitude and I wish you a fine day Sir.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Critchley out on 11:24 - Jan 29 with 1876 viewsE15Hoop

Critchley out on 10:59 - Jan 29 by Northolt_Rs

Surely Critchley would’ve gone ballistic after the Fleetwood fiasco? We all saw the response yesterday…. This lot aren’t interested in playing for him, the shirt or us.

I suspect he did go ballistic after Fleetwood, and then we did improve to the point where we should have won last week. I think what happened yesterday will have intensified the anger from a couple of weeks ago, so how they start the week tomorrow will definitely be a very strong pointer to what happens next.
Critchley out on 11:24 - Jan 29 with 1875 viewsted_hendrix

I keep scratching my head and keep coming up with the same conclusion that the majority of our players are either crap or don't want to be here or are just plain crap.

Unless I'm mistaken I don't think there's been one game so far this season whereby you could say 'how have we not battered them' 29 games In and normally that would have happened by now?

Anyway f uck knows, who knows anymore???????????????

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Critchley out on 11:26 - Jan 29 with 1867 viewsRangersw12

Critchley out on 11:01 - Jan 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Richards is on loan I think.

It's with an obligation to buy unless we get relegated
Critchley out on 11:30 - Jan 29 with 1857 viewsBklynRanger

Critchley out on 11:26 - Jan 29 by Rangersw12

It's with an obligation to buy unless we get relegated

Somebody in charge really doesn't want to buy Richards then...
Critchley out on 11:43 - Jan 29 with 1794 viewsdistortR

Critchley out on 10:42 - Jan 29 by francisbowles

Brilliant post. Sums up our predicament.

We can't change the owners, unless some other foolish group willing to lose mega money comes along. They have made huge mistakes, mainly in their early years, but we have had other owners who have foolishly put us in weak financial positions in the past. Yes, they have continued to make decisions, that in hindsight, have turned out to be poor and a waste of some of our meagre cashflow. But, what's the alternative.

We shouldn't talk about sacking the manager. It hasn't worked before and we can't afford it anyway. Who else would we convince to take on this mess with no money to spend.

NC has inherited this debacle and we can't give him any resources to make a significant change. He deserves, at the very least, another year, whatever happens, to have the summer to really have a go at implementing his style on a different squad, whoever remains, comes in or is promoted into it. Then at least half a season to see if we are making progress.

Our only real hope, is that somehow, our new training centre can slowly begin to have an impact. That we can attract a few more and better youngsters away from the bigger clubs. Our USP has to be they will have better opportunities to break through with us. It's that or a miracle occurs and we find ourselves with a season in the premier division!

Even after years of budget cuts, particularly on player salaries, we just don't earn anywhere near enough revenue to pay our costs. If we were any other business, we would have gone bust years ago. Only in football can you carry on losing money, year after year after year.

Yeah, NC has been described as a pragmatic manager, which is maybe what we need, we seem to build 'teams' based on a couple of players performing, with no back up. Time to build a team of lesser parts but a greater whole.
I said it earlier this week, but if Willock doesn't improve this season or sign a new contract, I wouldn't take up the option of the further year on his contract, but use the wages saved on someone who wants to be at Rangers.
Critchley out on 11:50 - Jan 29 with 1764 viewstraininvain

I see we’ve officially entered ‘burn it all to the ground’ territory.
Critchley out on 11:55 - Jan 29 with 1725 viewsBklynRanger

Critchley out on 11:43 - Jan 29 by distortR

Yeah, NC has been described as a pragmatic manager, which is maybe what we need, we seem to build 'teams' based on a couple of players performing, with no back up. Time to build a team of lesser parts but a greater whole.
I said it earlier this week, but if Willock doesn't improve this season or sign a new contract, I wouldn't take up the option of the further year on his contract, but use the wages saved on someone who wants to be at Rangers.

Willock is like some kind of case study of the state of things:

Is it physical, is it mental, is it both?

If he doesn't give an arse can he be made to give an arse, and how long do you give it?

If his confidence is gone how do they help him get it back, and long do they try for before cutting their losses?

Does he just want to leave, and if so what's the right balance between getting him out and not throwing money away?

That seems to apply to several players on our books at the minute.

Rob Dickie - fcuking hell. Yesterday he made a mug out of Connolly on about the 10 minute mark and promptly spent the rest of the game being schooled by someone who probably has a similar level of ability as a player but 10 times more aggression, self belief and focus at this point in time.

What do we do with him and the others? No idea honestly but this is now very obviously a bigger issue than the manager throwing tea cups and slices of pizza around in the changing room - it needs addressed clearly and decisively from the top. What that looks like is up to them, that's what they're paid for I thought.
Critchley out on 11:56 - Jan 29 with 1720 viewsdistortR

Critchley out on 11:50 - Jan 29 by traininvain

I see we’ve officially entered ‘burn it all to the ground’ territory.

there's a range of opinions, to be sure.
If that's a comment on my take on the Willock situation, and I know we disagree on this, not at all.
My 'pragmatic' team would, ideally, include Dieng, Paal, Dickie, Dunne, Field, Chair and Dykes.
Critchley out on 12:07 - Jan 29 with 1682 viewstraininvain

Critchley out on 11:56 - Jan 29 by distortR

there's a range of opinions, to be sure.
If that's a comment on my take on the Willock situation, and I know we disagree on this, not at all.
My 'pragmatic' team would, ideally, include Dieng, Paal, Dickie, Dunne, Field, Chair and Dykes.

It wasn’t directed at your take on the Willock situation. It was more to do with the general theme of ‘sack the manager, board and owners’.

But now that I think about it, yes making the decision not to take up the option to renew Willock’s contract due to two months’ poor form (same as pretty much the whole team) falls into the ‘burn it all to the ground’ category.

Even if we’re completely writing Willock off (which is mental imo) the club could renew his contract by one year and try to find another club willing to take a punt on him on the cheap (£2m-£3m) this summer. Surely better than just letting him leave for free?
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 12:08]
Critchley out on 12:31 - Jan 29 with 1608 viewsstanistheman

Critchley out on 10:26 - Jan 29 by swisscottage

He can't play in a two man midfield, he's too much of a liability. In a three man midfield with Field behind it allows him to break forward which he does to very good effect.

I think you may be correct on this so it’s about time Johansen got to start a game if he is fit,

As for the poster who blames Gray & Austin for Warburton losing his job , I think it was the latter who misused the strikers as they were better suited to play in a 2 man attack rather than on their own.

On Critchley, I don’t think he is as good as some others , but do not put most of the blame on him as they players themselves are letting the club down.

I don’t want the owners to leave, but I would like Bhatia and co to act on replacing the DoF and other failing club employees who are not improving our recruitment and youth set up etc. The board squandered a lot of money and the club’s Premiership status and I hope they can stay and get the club back up.
Critchley out on 12:50 - Jan 29 with 1551 viewsSakura

Critchley out on 11:20 - Jan 29 by Lblock

As you asked so politely I'll respond in kind:--

"Are we building those millions each month the owners are now paying into the sale price?"

Yes - I'd say they are but clearly they won't get it back unless by some miracle we make the Premiership under their tenure.
If I spend a load of money doing DIY on my house and I actually make a pigs ear of it I have two choices -- keep spending till it looks good enough or try to sell it to some mug who cannot see my bodge job and take what I can get for it, a.k.a cutting my losses. They are choosing the former (and thank God for that at the moment) but clearly aren't getting the right people in to do the work on the house.

"(Because if not) what do they get in return for that?"

I'm no tax or business genius but it's fairly commonly known that a football club as a loss making part of an enterprise can be used to suppress tax liability whilst using it as a fun toy, a status symbol or maybe other not so fluffy means. Pure conjecture but I'd say a portion of that is what they are getting.

"What is the solution you are proposing. Explain it."

If I had the solution do you not think I'd be minted and set up as a football club maverick problem solver? I do have a solution but it's not a palatable one for you, any other fan or me as it involves years of hardship and risking the possible end of the club as we know it.
It involves them walking away, leaving the empty shell of the club they've caused and writing off debts but clearly this means Admin straight away and likely relegation, possibly right out of the league. It's then a blank sheet of paper for people with far better brains and bigger bank accounts than me BUT they need to be sensible and look at the routes others have taken now on the up, see Lutonscum, Bolton etc. A winners culture needs to grow from the lowest baseline with the highest standards equating to every level the club is playing at and, if possible, I would sign players based on ability, fitness but equally weighted - their personality and character.

I do agree with you that we have unqualified people in key positions; ergo Sir Les, and they need to go.

So now I have questions for you:-

What do you think is going to change under the current incumbents if we just leave things as they are?
Why do you think the people who couldn't find their arse with both their hands would suddenly be able to find the correct replacements for Les and Belk? They installed them in the first place!
What is this potential upside you refer to and do you realistically think they will ever achieve it and how?

Misguided I may be - no idea who by - but I do have a grasp of reality (see above unpalatable solution).

I do hope my answering has slaked your condescending attitude and I wish you a fine day Sir.

It does mean Administration…Initially. but then it means the entire end of the club. No stadium. No training ground. No players. That is it

I think it's disgusting you encourage that situation.

We've seen with Warnock how quickly getting the right football people in charge can turn things in a positive direction.

This team was top of the league and cruising a few months ago and now you want to burn it all to the ground

It's Belk and Ferdinand who need to be held responsible for the lack of success in us trading up Brentford style
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 12:51]
Critchley out (n/t) on 13:09 - Jan 29 with 1482 viewscharmr

[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 13:09]
Critchley out on 13:15 - Jan 29 with 1445 viewsdistortR

Critchley out on 12:07 - Jan 29 by traininvain

It wasn’t directed at your take on the Willock situation. It was more to do with the general theme of ‘sack the manager, board and owners’.

But now that I think about it, yes making the decision not to take up the option to renew Willock’s contract due to two months’ poor form (same as pretty much the whole team) falls into the ‘burn it all to the ground’ category.

Even if we’re completely writing Willock off (which is mental imo) the club could renew his contract by one year and try to find another club willing to take a punt on him on the cheap (£2m-£3m) this summer. Surely better than just letting him leave for free?
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 12:08]

I don't know, mate. I'm very much thinking in how tight our budget is, how low his confidence is, how he is physically? How he won't commit to the club.
With his current injury travails and form, I can't see anyone wanting him enough now to pay out a few million this summer when they can get him on a free in a year, unless his form improves and he stays fit for the rest of the season, in which case you take the one year option anyway.

Edit - i suppose my attitude is shaped by watching a team where it appears some players are not committed to the cause.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 13:18]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024