Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who would replace our current owners? 10:29 - Feb 5 with 3512 viewsvetchonian

Many shouts of get out of our club yesterday and many comments on here

Dont get me wrong I'm no lover of the current owners but they have put money into the club backed Martin with the purchase of Fisher and Darling....what great signings they turned out to be.
We are in a fairly decent state financially compared with other clubs in this division and when you look at our cousins up the road which would you rather.

When it is suggested our manager is replaced the question is raised so who will come which will replace him
so I ask those who are demanding the removal of Steve,,Jason ,Jake et al who will sweep in and buy us and throw money at us?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Who would replace our current owners? on 10:51 - Feb 5 with 2550 viewsDr_Winston

The thing is, most supporters of any club wouldn't give a toss who took them over as long as whoever it was promised to spend loads on players. Vladimir Putin could buy the club tomorrow and people would be lining up to kiss his arse as soon as the first million pound player arrived. Just look at the Geordies.

It's why I have such a hard time taking a lot of the complaints about the current incumbents seriously. If they were spaffing the cash in every transfer window people wouldn't give a damn about the circumstances of the takeover, any issues between manager and board or whatever.

That's also ignoring the fact that them allowing Jenkins to blow millions in the last couple of years in the Prem is a major factor in where currently find ourselves. Spending money has never been their problem. It's almost reassuring that they're not prepared to pay over the odds now.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Who would replace our current owners? on 11:14 - Feb 5 with 2513 viewsBadlands

Yes to most of that.
Fisher and Darling were very much Martin requests.
More and more it seems like most of the players he wants are league 1 standard at best.
Gossip doing the rounds before the game yesterday was several players, including a goalkeeper, were offered but rejected by the boss who wanted only the right sort of player! Could be boll♉️ but it rings true … to me at least.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Who would replace our current owners? on 11:24 - Feb 5 with 2494 viewsmax936

Who would replace our current owners? on 10:51 - Feb 5 by Dr_Winston

The thing is, most supporters of any club wouldn't give a toss who took them over as long as whoever it was promised to spend loads on players. Vladimir Putin could buy the club tomorrow and people would be lining up to kiss his arse as soon as the first million pound player arrived. Just look at the Geordies.

It's why I have such a hard time taking a lot of the complaints about the current incumbents seriously. If they were spaffing the cash in every transfer window people wouldn't give a damn about the circumstances of the takeover, any issues between manager and board or whatever.

That's also ignoring the fact that them allowing Jenkins to blow millions in the last couple of years in the Prem is a major factor in where currently find ourselves. Spending money has never been their problem. It's almost reassuring that they're not prepared to pay over the odds now.

Good post. Dr

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Who would replace our current owners? on 19:46 - Feb 5 with 2362 viewsBoundy

Who would replace our current owners? on 11:24 - Feb 5 by max936

Good post. Dr

Funny you should when you mention Jenkins the amount of abuse a s certain section received when they were protesting about him and what was happening with the Club , go back to Petty & Lewis then again to Sharpes era Silver Shield & even further we've always moaned about the Club ,its leadership and finances

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Who would replace our current owners? on 19:51 - Feb 5 with 2337 viewsonehunglow

It is not impossible to have owners that care and are astute
Look at Brighton. A god forsaken ,groundless club not that long ago,now with a solid PL base ,and incredible scouting and sourcing network.
Bournemouth seem ok with theirs as do Brentford. Both these clubs nowhere near our standing ,I would suggest .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Who would replace our current owners? on 20:02 - Feb 5 with 2335 viewsBoundy

Who would replace our current owners? on 19:51 - Feb 5 by onehunglow

It is not impossible to have owners that care and are astute
Look at Brighton. A god forsaken ,groundless club not that long ago,now with a solid PL base ,and incredible scouting and sourcing network.
Bournemouth seem ok with theirs as do Brentford. Both these clubs nowhere near our standing ,I would suggest .

Go through our history, we've always struggled , local business men ( pre Jenkins era) ownership proved to be unsustainable then with Silvershield who I would consider to be in the same class as the yanks .
We're a small Club not particularly well supported one at that but like you say there are smaller and currently more successful than us but because of a decision by the previous owners to sell to who ever we now find it's yet another ground hog day , no money , dwindling crowds, weak squad and no apparent shining knight on the horizon .

Who would replace our current owners? on 20:11 - Feb 5 with 2320 viewspencoedjack

Top post as always Dr

I have no issues with the owners just the manager & his dour brand of football, I wouldn’t have allowed him to spend anything in Jan either.

Lots of fans have short memories of how crap our club was once run
Who would replace our current owners? on 20:40 - Feb 5 with 2280 viewsFireboy2

Who would replace our current owners? on 20:11 - Feb 5 by pencoedjack

Top post as always Dr

I have no issues with the owners just the manager & his dour brand of football, I wouldn’t have allowed him to spend anything in Jan either.

You have no issues with the owners? Wow, just wow 😳
Login to get fewer ads

Who would replace our current owners? on 20:55 - Feb 5 with 2251 viewspencoedjack

Who would replace our current owners? on 20:40 - Feb 5 by Fireboy2

You have no issues with the owners? Wow, just wow 😳

In the context of I don’t want to see the club in the shite we were in previously.

I don’t want us spending money we don’t have especially by a manager as pig headed as Martin.

You obviously are a fan of his Ed I think the current squad is better than he’s getting out of them
Who would replace our current owners? on 21:34 - Feb 5 with 2218 viewsDr_Winston

Who would replace our current owners? on 19:46 - Feb 5 by Boundy

Funny you should when you mention Jenkins the amount of abuse a s certain section received when they were protesting about him and what was happening with the Club , go back to Petty & Lewis then again to Sharpes era Silver Shield & even further we've always moaned about the Club ,its leadership and finances

It's what football supporters do. They're like kids demanding sweeties in supermarkets and throwing tantrums when told no.

I remember the amount of abuse Doug Sharpe used to get back in the days when 4,000 was a good crowd. Christ only knows how the club managed to keep going, let alone spend cash on that kind of turnout, yet the overriding theme amongst the support was one of suspicion about where the money had gone.

Fast forward to recent years and the fantasists who genuinely believe that there are millions to "asset strip" just an extension of that. Ask them to explain where these millons came from and where they've gone and you get a blank expression.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Who would replace our current owners? on 21:43 - Feb 5 with 2204 viewsBoundy

Who would replace our current owners? on 21:34 - Feb 5 by Dr_Winston

It's what football supporters do. They're like kids demanding sweeties in supermarkets and throwing tantrums when told no.

I remember the amount of abuse Doug Sharpe used to get back in the days when 4,000 was a good crowd. Christ only knows how the club managed to keep going, let alone spend cash on that kind of turnout, yet the overriding theme amongst the support was one of suspicion about where the money had gone.

Fast forward to recent years and the fantasists who genuinely believe that there are millions to "asset strip" just an extension of that. Ask them to explain where these millons came from and where they've gone and you get a blank expression.

I agree to a certain extent but there's owners and there's good owners , I class ours as owners , and that's it with. no idea on its aims for the Club, at least with Doug he had the best interests of the Club at heart maybe not apparent at the time but as history shows otherwise , will the same be said of this ownership ,I for one doubt it.

Who would replace our current owners? on 21:54 - Feb 5 with 2187 viewsDr_Winston

Who would replace our current owners? on 21:43 - Feb 5 by Boundy

I agree to a certain extent but there's owners and there's good owners , I class ours as owners , and that's it with. no idea on its aims for the Club, at least with Doug he had the best interests of the Club at heart maybe not apparent at the time but as history shows otherwise , will the same be said of this ownership ,I for one doubt it.

I'd say that there's good owners, owners and bad owners. This lot are firmly in the middle. Disinterested but not vindictive. Not yet anyway.

They bought us as an investment that didn't work out. If they were bad owners they actually would have tried to asset strip us. As it is they're mostly trying to keep the place sustainable and have probably got the lion's share of their cash back via tax write offs anyway.

Who would replace our current owners? on 21:57 - Feb 5 with 2184 viewsFireboy2

Who would replace our current owners? on 20:55 - Feb 5 by pencoedjack

In the context of I don’t want to see the club in the shite we were in previously.

I don’t want us spending money we don’t have especially by a manager as pig headed as Martin.

You obviously are a fan of his Ed I think the current squad is better than he’s getting out of them

I was 50/50 until his prezzer on weds, he went well up in my estimation, then I fell out with him again after the substitutions yesterday 😡

Seriously though, I think no matter who we have as manager he will have his hands tied behind his back with these tightwads in charge no matter how solvent we are.

They have shown time and time again that they are not to going to spend a dime on the squad, until they are gone we will go backwards, if we don't go down this we probably will next season.
Who would replace our current owners? on 22:26 - Feb 5 with 2149 viewsBoundy

Who would replace our current owners? on 21:54 - Feb 5 by Dr_Winston

I'd say that there's good owners, owners and bad owners. This lot are firmly in the middle. Disinterested but not vindictive. Not yet anyway.

They bought us as an investment that didn't work out. If they were bad owners they actually would have tried to asset strip us. As it is they're mostly trying to keep the place sustainable and have probably got the lion's share of their cash back via tax write offs anyway.

I'd say that's a good assessment , time will tell which camp they eventually fall into , my feelings are the bad camp . we'll see

Who would replace our current owners? on 22:50 - Feb 5 with 2123 viewsSTID2017

Guess it goes with the territory of being an owner.
Deep down we all just want our club to be successful and play good football.
How it is achieved is not in our control.
However we are the ones paying out our hard earned wages and therefore feel entitled to complain when things aren't going as we would like.
Good post Dr Winston

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Who would replace our current owners? on 23:03 - Feb 5 with 2097 viewsraynor94

Who would replace our current owners? on 20:11 - Feb 5 by pencoedjack

Top post as always Dr

Same here, these are far from bad owners, Martin has been backed, and his signings have been poor.

Thankfully we didn't get Grant, but it was rumoured he was on £17k a week, can't say they weren't willing to back him

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Who would replace our current owners? on 00:32 - Feb 6 with 2029 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who would replace our current owners? on 21:57 - Feb 5 by Fireboy2

I was 50/50 until his prezzer on weds, he went well up in my estimation, then I fell out with him again after the substitutions yesterday 😡

Seriously though, I think no matter who we have as manager he will have his hands tied behind his back with these tightwads in charge no matter how solvent we are.

They have shown time and time again that they are not to going to spend a dime on the squad, until they are gone we will go backwards, if we don't go down this we probably will next season.

“ They have shown time and time again that they are not to going to spend a dime on the squad”.

Spent more in the last 18 months than any other 18 month period in our football league history.

Smashed our club transfer record for a single player not once but TWICE. However they were let down by recruitment team who put forward Clucas and Ayew mk II.

Whatever your thoughts on them, your narrative is false and easily shown to be so.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Who would replace our current owners? on 00:40 - Feb 6 with 2026 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who would replace our current owners? on 23:03 - Feb 5 by raynor94

Same here, these are far from bad owners, Martin has been backed, and his signings have been poor.

Thankfully we didn't get Grant, but it was rumoured he was on £17k a week, can't say they weren't willing to back him

Agreed, this is simply down to people wanting to shift the blame of where we find ourselves to the owners. Martin made that impossible after the last game though when the narrative was essentially written for him, all he had to do was go through the 90 mins without making calamitous managerial errors - but couldn’t. He wasted his get out of jail free card and you could see how disappointed he was after it, more disappointed than any other loss and the reason was obvious.

Martin hates criticism and being culpable which is why he has always created the “process” thing, “judge us when we are gone”, at no point will he ever say “ok this is what we have built up to”.

In fact he said that in the interview “had we got a couple of players in we could have said, judge us now, we like accountability”. Essentially saying whatever happens now it’s not my fault. It’s so transparent with him.

As you say, he’s been backed and spent millions. Those who has brought in are largely out of favour or bench players now.

His number 1 target was Pato, he doesn’t even get in the squad. Darling, Fisher and Sorinola sd spent around £2.5-£3 million on and barring the injury to Benda would have all been on the bench yesterday.

Grant was also baffling, he is on excess of £20k a week btw, his appearance fee takes him past £25k. That contract would have to be taken on by us in its entirety. That decision to go after him was just as disappointing as the rest of the things that happened, everyone to blame for this window - his attempts to separate himself and create that divide quite rightly were not met well.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Who would replace our current owners? on 08:38 - Feb 6 with 1964 viewsonehunglow

Who would replace our current owners? on 00:40 - Feb 6 by Dr_Parnassus

Agreed, this is simply down to people wanting to shift the blame of where we find ourselves to the owners. Martin made that impossible after the last game though when the narrative was essentially written for him, all he had to do was go through the 90 mins without making calamitous managerial errors - but couldn’t. He wasted his get out of jail free card and you could see how disappointed he was after it, more disappointed than any other loss and the reason was obvious.

Martin hates criticism and being culpable which is why he has always created the “process” thing, “judge us when we are gone”, at no point will he ever say “ok this is what we have built up to”.

In fact he said that in the interview “had we got a couple of players in we could have said, judge us now, we like accountability”. Essentially saying whatever happens now it’s not my fault. It’s so transparent with him.

As you say, he’s been backed and spent millions. Those who has brought in are largely out of favour or bench players now.

His number 1 target was Pato, he doesn’t even get in the squad. Darling, Fisher and Sorinola sd spent around £2.5-£3 million on and barring the injury to Benda would have all been on the bench yesterday.

Grant was also baffling, he is on excess of £20k a week btw, his appearance fee takes him past £25k. That contract would have to be taken on by us in its entirety. That decision to go after him was just as disappointing as the rest of the things that happened, everyone to blame for this window - his attempts to separate himself and create that divide quite rightly were not met well.

Criticism seems something his supporters find hard to take .

How much money is he on ?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Who would replace our current owners? on 09:29 - Feb 6 with 1944 viewscontroversial_jack

How many signings did we make in the recent window? How many loanees did we take on?
Who would replace our current owners? on 10:08 - Feb 6 with 1906 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Grant would have been a panic signing. One we don’t really need. Goals aren’t the issue. Piroe is firing again, Cullen must have one of the best goals per minute ratios in the division. Ok he’s only scored tap ins but it’s a skill in itself to be there to tap goals in. Whittaker is on the bench coming back from a positive loan. Why would we make this guy the highest paid player at the club when we don’t need him and he’d probably be sitting on the bench most of the time? It’s bizarre.

Meanwhile we still don’t have a permanent right full/wing back. Unless you count naughton but he hasn’t played there in years.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Who would replace our current owners? on 10:11 - Feb 6 with 1900 viewsKeithHaynes

Who would replace our current owners? on 08:38 - Feb 6 by onehunglow

Criticism seems something his supporters find hard to take .

How much money is he on ?

Victim impact statement number 392

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Who would replace our current owners? on 10:16 - Feb 6 with 1883 viewsDr_Winston

Who would replace our current owners? on 10:08 - Feb 6 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Grant would have been a panic signing. One we don’t really need. Goals aren’t the issue. Piroe is firing again, Cullen must have one of the best goals per minute ratios in the division. Ok he’s only scored tap ins but it’s a skill in itself to be there to tap goals in. Whittaker is on the bench coming back from a positive loan. Why would we make this guy the highest paid player at the club when we don’t need him and he’d probably be sitting on the bench most of the time? It’s bizarre.

Meanwhile we still don’t have a permanent right full/wing back. Unless you count naughton but he hasn’t played there in years.

Kyle has been excellent for us over the years but it looks like this might have been one season too far. He could surprise us with an Indian summer but it's not looking likely.

Who would replace our current owners? on 10:20 - Feb 6 with 1871 viewsFireboy2

Who would replace our current owners? on 10:08 - Feb 6 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

We do need a striker after Saturdays debacle, according to a few who went whose judgment I trust, cullen missed three sitters, we go 3 nil up the game is killed off so we do need another striker

Was also told that whittaker played like he didn't give a flying f@#%, he needs to buck his ideas up as the next few games are going to be vital.
Who would replace our current owners? on 10:25 - Feb 6 with 1861 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Who would replace our current owners? on 10:20 - Feb 6 by Fireboy2

We do need a striker after Saturdays debacle, according to a few who went whose judgment I trust, cullen missed three sitters, we go 3 nil up the game is killed off so we do need another striker

Was also told that whittaker played like he didn't give a flying f@#%, he needs to buck his ideas up as the next few games are going to be vital.

We are one of the highest scoring teams in the league. Scoring three at home should be more than enough. It’s clear our problems are at the other end. Some of the stupid goals we concede are criminal. Sunday league teams don’t concede goals as silly as we do.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024