Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? 12:24 - Feb 12 with 15306 viewsRangersDave

Ok, we know we arent great, we know the manager cant seem to drum a work ethic into the players, and we know we are 'xxx' bad games from relegation.

i certainly hope LF has a 'cut loose' clause built into NC's contract if we got relegated.

However, i'm garnering opinions please...

If we are 6 games from the end of the season, and there's a chance to stay up, on current form, and managerial attitude would you

1) keep Critchley no matter what?

2) get rid now even if it costs because relegation is unthinkable?

3) A suggestion of your own?

my view is if we are going to do anything, we dont wait too long, as getting someone in who has the fight and desire to keep us up may be a tricky thing, and i certainly dont want to be in a position where we have to win one of the last 4 to stay up, as half the team may already be 'on the beach' even if they arent now.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:18 - Feb 12 with 1439 viewsRangersw12

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:14 - Feb 12 by aston_hoop

I still believe Critchley will get the team playing , especially since he will have had more time with the players by then. Much the same as he did after a very poor start with Blackpool. I wouldn't worry, you'll get your way and we'll sack Critchley before then and we can do the same to the next manager.

Fair play for your optimism but I've seen nothing from the 10 games or so he's been in charge suggests he can turn it around

But rightly or wrongly we're a circus and need a manger with a bit of personality as reserved types don't seem work here

Let's hope your right and I'm wrong and we have a good end to season 👍
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:28 - Feb 12 with 1395 viewspaulparker

I don’t think anymore was inspired or excited about this appointment everyone was meh
The bloke has as much charisma as a wet lettuce and his press conferences would put a glass eye to sleep , the club was screaming for someone to come in and liven the place up once Beale left we needed a leader but got captain manwaring
I truly believe this bloke will take us down not the season but next
This for me is the final nail in Les coffin for me a truly woeful choice on a big contract
Critchley needs to go and soon but so does Hoos, Les, Ramsey , Hall etc , all jobs for the boys without any results we have a losers mentality at this club and that needs to change

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:32 - Feb 12 with 1367 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:28 - Feb 12 by paulparker

I don’t think anymore was inspired or excited about this appointment everyone was meh
The bloke has as much charisma as a wet lettuce and his press conferences would put a glass eye to sleep , the club was screaming for someone to come in and liven the place up once Beale left we needed a leader but got captain manwaring
This for me is the final nail in Les coffin for me a truly woeful choice on a big contract
Critchley needs to go and soon but so does Hoos, Les, Ramsey , Hall etc , all jobs for the boys without any results we have a losers mentality at this club and that needs to change

Who's your pick for replacements?
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:39 - Feb 12 with 1342 viewsSonofpugwash

Why is "charisma" and "personality" so important?I remember Dave Sexton wasn't exactly blessed with those qualities and managed to make a decent fist of things.
ManUre of course sacked him in part for that very lack.But then they're more famous than us right?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:40 - Feb 12 with 1336 viewsNortholt_Rs

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:28 - Feb 12 by paulparker

This. In addition to being at the game (that defending!!!!), this week I listened to Clive’s interview with LF, the Hoos podcast, and Critchley’s post-match interview: this club is bang in trouble.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:45 - Feb 12 with 1313 viewsPinnerPaul

End of the season at the earliest, but then its still going to cost you over 2 years for him and his staff.

Have to give him time to build his own team - no?

IF, BIG HUGE, IF we were relegated, he would have to go I guess.
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:46 - Feb 12 with 1300 viewsPinnerPaul

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 12:42 - Feb 12 by Northolt_Rs

He has to get a win from either of the next two games or it’s option 2. Tuesday night will be huge for Critchley and QPR.

That was said about last Saturday and yesterday and many times before that as well!
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:48 - Feb 12 with 1287 viewsNortholt_Rs

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:45 - Feb 12 by PinnerPaul

End of the season at the earliest, but then its still going to cost you over 2 years for him and his staff.

Have to give him time to build his own team - no?

IF, BIG HUGE, IF we were relegated, he would have to go I guess.

But that’s the whole point of having a DOF….so every manager doesn’t build his own team. Right? Otherwise, why have a DOF? And build his own team with what? We’re skint.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 14:48]

Login to get fewer ads

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:48 - Feb 12 with 1281 viewsRangersw12

Around the time of JFH and his rolling contract Ferdinand said that managers are only paid 12 months pay when they're sacked regardless of the length of contract so I don't think we would have to pay him for 3 years
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:52 - Feb 12 with 1256 viewsPinnerPaul

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:01 - Feb 12 by theone_theonly

can the board not see the writing on the wall? beale left us in 6th, and since critchley took over we’ve dropped to 16th. critchley is so uninspiring, boring, and bland that no wonder it seems like the players have no confidence. the only player who looked like he wanted to be there yesterday was chris martin, and he looks to be pretty good. even with 16 or so games to go, i can’t see us getting more than 3 wins before the end of the season. if we don’t win on tuesday the board needs to act, regardless of the cost of sacking critchley. it would be more detrimental financially to get relegated. we won’t be staying up at this rate.

We only need 3 wins - probably.
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:53 - Feb 12 with 1252 viewsSonofpugwash

What's the record number of managers we've had in a season?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:57 - Feb 12 with 1228 viewsPinnerPaul

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:31 - Feb 12 by RangersDave

In that case (and i dont disagree) maybe LF has to go, along with a couple of others in his fold?

After all, isnt it £500k that he's paid? thats a fair chunk of savings.
If we cant get rid of NC, because he has such a dumbass contract, without compo of stupid nature, then in my opinion LF should go anyway because there is 1 consistent failure at the club that i can see, and that is 'Sir' Les.

All managers get at least 3 year contracts - try and offer less and we wouldn't get anyone - market forces and all that.

Bonkers to think Ainsworth would come for 12 games for example.

Soooo we offer him a 3 year contract, we still go down, this board & the fans would want yet another new manager, we would then start 2023/24 paying 3 managers and their staff - bonkers!
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:58 - Feb 12 with 1224 viewsJules4367

It's not so much 'when we pull the trigger', than 'have we got enough bullets to go round?'
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:59 - Feb 12 with 1224 viewsBklynRanger

I'm hesitant to go with number 1 given our history - e.g. headbutting Ilias would not be acceptable, but I'm in the camp that don't see the point of getting rid of him.

In fact I'd go the other way if necessary and make it clear to the squad that this is the manager, this is the man who'll be picking the team and this is who they need to sort their lives out and play for.

That new psychologist must have had a busy weekend getting ready for Monday because Jesus H Christ, there are issues all over the pitch with form and fitness that need to be sorted out. I think Critchley was right to say that some of these players need to remember what they're good at, and wonder if that's where that's come from.

Not that long ago Rob Dickie was a player we felt lucky to have unearthed. Now he constantly looks like he's got something on his mind and struggled to complete a decent, crisp pass to Laird for most of that second half. Just hit it early into his path Rob. Laird by the way, who was trotting back half arsed when the first went in and didn't seem to know where he was or what he was doing for the second, turns to the Stan Bowles later on in the second half and throws his hands up over the lack of service, which I thought was a bit much tbh and symptomatic of some of the issues.

In midfield you've got a three-quarters fit Johanssen who will probably reach decent form 3 games from now and pick up another pull by Easter; Dozzell who is still more potential than actual ability and has to set the alarm on his phone to wake up and remember when to hit one of his actually quite decent passes; and Sam Field. Nothing stuck in the middle all afternoon - nobody to hit let alone build an attack from and Millwall knew it. I won't go on but I just don't see Critchley as the problem.
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:00 - Feb 12 with 1218 viewsRangersw12

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:53 - Feb 12 by Sonofpugwash

What's the record number of managers we've had in a season?

Didn't we have 4 during the Paul Hart season?
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:00 - Feb 12 with 1218 viewsPinnerPaul

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:09 - Feb 12 by Rangersw12

Fleetwood, Cardiff, Huddersfield and Hull are all shite and we got 1 point

Don't know why you think we will beat the others in that 4 game run

Edit 2 points!
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 14:13]

Difficult to get any points v Fleetwood!

Sorry - just trying to lighten the mood!
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:01 - Feb 12 with 1216 viewsThaiHoop

If Critchley goes Les has to go too.....otherwise we're just going round in circles.

And if Les goes would it be beyond the realms of reason to bring MW back? As far as I can tell the vast majority of the fan base didn't want him to go, if his problem was mainly with Les then if he goes why not bring him back.....knows the club in it's current state better than anyone and is generally well liked by the fanbase.

But that's based on LF (and maybe the academy crew) going......and I for one think he should....he's had more than a fair go at this and has basically failed.
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:02 - Feb 12 with 1213 viewsPinnerPaul

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:18 - Feb 12 by MedwayR

I’d keep him, I’m more inclined to judge him next season when he’s had a chance to have a preseason to implement his ideas.

The failings of the team (slow starters, only having a go once behind, slow to move the ball forward, soft & not up for a challenge, too much passing backwards) have existed under Warburton, Beale & now Critchley, all good coaches with better pedigree than most of our squad. They’ve only been fixed for short periods which resulted in a run of form before reverting to type and dropping like a stone. To me, that suggests the problem is with the type of players we recruit & how we build the squad rather than the managers we employ.

Good post!
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:03 - Feb 12 with 1205 viewsPinnerPaul

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:18 - Feb 12 by Rangersw12

Fair play for your optimism but I've seen nothing from the 10 games or so he's been in charge suggests he can turn it around

But rightly or wrongly we're a circus and need a manger with a bit of personality as reserved types don't seem work here

Let's hope your right and I'm wrong and we have a good end to season 👍

Dave Mc said that and he was rightly shot down with the likes of Alec Scott and Dave Sexton!
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:06 - Feb 12 with 1191 viewsRangersw12

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:03 - Feb 12 by PinnerPaul

Dave Mc said that and he was rightly shot down with the likes of Alec Scott and Dave Sexton!

Yeah managers we had in the 60s and 70s is really relevant!

Under the clowns we have now you need a manager with a bit about him
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:07 - Feb 12 with 1183 viewspaulparker

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:32 - Feb 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Who's your pick for replacements?

There’s a thousand coaches out there and people qualified to be CEOs and DOF why do we have to stay with the same people if it’s not working, it’s to cosy at Rangers , to nice with none held accountable , defeat is accepted to easily, I love Les but I truly think this has to come to an end for him the fans have been patient for over 8 years now and this latest manager is a disaster of an appointment in a long line of poor decisions
You have eyes Bazza and even you got to admit that deep down this isn’t working

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:07 - Feb 12 with 1190 viewsPinnerPaul

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:48 - Feb 12 by Northolt_Rs

But that’s the whole point of having a DOF….so every manager doesn’t build his own team. Right? Otherwise, why have a DOF? And build his own team with what? We’re skint.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 14:48]

Well , just with the loans going back, we can still afford to pay 25 players, so obviously he would have to sell/terminate loans.

That's 5 different players for a start without ANY perms leaving at all. Some contracts are up, so that's more options.

We're not 'skint', just bound by FFP constraints - like everyone else.
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:09 - Feb 12 with 1179 viewsNortholt_Rs

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:52 - Feb 12 by PinnerPaul

We only need 3 wins - probably.

Critchley has 1 win in 10 games so far…. I’ve seen nothing to suggest he is capable of getting these players to achieve another 3 wins. Please God I hope I am wrong!

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:11 - Feb 12 with 1162 viewsPinnerPaul

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:06 - Feb 12 by Rangersw12

Yeah managers we had in the 60s and 70s is really relevant!

Under the clowns we have now you need a manager with a bit about him

Well its relevant, even in this day and age that you don't need to be a ranter and raver to be a good manager - there's loads of 'quiet' managers who are doing well and loads of 'loud' ones who aren't - don't think that's the key myself.
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:13 - Feb 12 with 1152 viewsPinnerPaul

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:09 - Feb 12 by Northolt_Rs

Critchley has 1 win in 10 games so far…. I’ve seen nothing to suggest he is capable of getting these players to achieve another 3 wins. Please God I hope I am wrong!

I know what you mean! And so say all of us.

Its the drip, drip of despair isn't it?

We MUST win 3 of 15, 14, 13, 12 .........there comes a point where we all have to get worried!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024