Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? 12:24 - Feb 12 with 15305 viewsRangersDave

Ok, we know we arent great, we know the manager cant seem to drum a work ethic into the players, and we know we are 'xxx' bad games from relegation.

i certainly hope LF has a 'cut loose' clause built into NC's contract if we got relegated.

However, i'm garnering opinions please...

If we are 6 games from the end of the season, and there's a chance to stay up, on current form, and managerial attitude would you

1) keep Critchley no matter what?

2) get rid now even if it costs because relegation is unthinkable?

3) A suggestion of your own?

my view is if we are going to do anything, we dont wait too long, as getting someone in who has the fight and desire to keep us up may be a tricky thing, and i certainly dont want to be in a position where we have to win one of the last 4 to stay up, as half the team may already be 'on the beach' even if they arent now.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:34 - Feb 15 with 1617 viewsloftus77

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:15 - Feb 15 by kropotkin41

That only follows logically if you think that someone else could or would do better, I suppose. Maybe we've reached the everything is so broken point that another manager just isn't the answer and Critchley might be our best option for recovery after relegation.

I've seen someone say that we might already have enough points - that is nonsense, surely. Minimally, we'll need another 8-10 right....... so can NC get us 3 wins or more?

This is the issue - 39 points obviously won't and could never be enough.

The way things are going this season at the bottom, we're not talking a Millwall 52pts or, in extremis, Posh 54pts nightmare scenario. Historically, the Championship 'survival zone' oscillates between 47pts (lowest pts to stay up) and 52 pts (highest to go down) - excluding points deductions which, sadly, are not on the agenda this season.

I reckon 49-50pts this season would/should be enough. We need to glean 10-11pts from 14 games - somehow.....
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:41 - Feb 15 with 1558 viewsqprd

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:34 - Feb 15 by loftus77

This is the issue - 39 points obviously won't and could never be enough.

The way things are going this season at the bottom, we're not talking a Millwall 52pts or, in extremis, Posh 54pts nightmare scenario. Historically, the Championship 'survival zone' oscillates between 47pts (lowest pts to stay up) and 52 pts (highest to go down) - excluding points deductions which, sadly, are not on the agenda this season.

I reckon 49-50pts this season would/should be enough. We need to glean 10-11pts from 14 games - somehow.....

Some of the data you provided isnt entirely accurate.

Year/Points amount that would keep you up
21/22: 38 points (points deductions)
20/21: 44 points
19/20: 49 points
18/19: 41 points
17/18: 42 points
16/17: 51 points
15/16: 41 points

It just depends on parity in the division in a given year.... this year, it looks like the required points to stay up will be higher than the recent historical average
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 14:45]
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:59 - Feb 15 with 1456 viewsLoyalitat

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:58 - Feb 15 by Northolt_Rs

Critchley has got 5 points from the last 27 which doesn’t in any way suggest he is going to save us from relegation. In fact we are in a relegation fight because of the results and performances under him. He has to go.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 14:01]

So 8 points from his 10 games in charge, preceded by the stunning efforts In PBB's final five games, period between when he declared undying love and loyalty before leaving, when we amassed a further point. Losses against Birmingham, WBA, Huddersfield and Coventry, alongside the fortunate draw at Norwich. They've both failed, but I wouldn't get rid of Critchley.

The good form at the start of the season was largely down to Willock and Chair, both creating and scoring. In Willock's case, 6 goals from just 9 attempts. At that time, the contributions from PBB's new recruits were minimal, Paal and Laird being the notable exceptions.

Yet the clarion call amongst some was that the Warbs had to go after "only" picking up 28 points from his last 23 games! Pretty good effort after losing Dieng, Dickie and Willock for long spells during that period. The football may have been indifferent, but that side had a lot more character than the motley crew of lightweights that were integrated into this squad by PBB. And to think that some of us had the temerity to compare this feeble lot to the class of 2010/11, earlier on this season.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 15:32]
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:08 - Feb 15 with 1400 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Personally I wouldn't get rid of him; I still think we'll muster enough points to stay up and who - short of Jesus Christ or Neil Warnock - is going to get some of the pathetic wastrels in our squad to stand up and earn their money? We're going into games with several players who are uncommitted, pulling out of tackles, strolling around, failing to run, etc. It's all very well blaming Critchley but they're not his players and they clearly don't care as they won't be here whatever division we're in next season. Fed up with the softly, softly approach trotted out last week by Hoos and Ferdinand and exemplified by the music being turned up extra loud at full-time so the poor diddums' feelings weren't hurt.
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:15 - Feb 15 with 1334 viewsconnell10

It's Paul Hart all over again.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:18 - Feb 15 with 1302 viewsRangersw12

Apprently he's gone
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:28 - Feb 15 with 1212 viewsloftus77

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:41 - Feb 15 by qprd

Some of the data you provided isnt entirely accurate.

Year/Points amount that would keep you up
21/22: 38 points (points deductions)
20/21: 44 points
19/20: 49 points
18/19: 41 points
17/18: 42 points
16/17: 51 points
15/16: 41 points

It just depends on parity in the division in a given year.... this year, it looks like the required points to stay up will be higher than the recent historical average
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 14:45]

Yep, fair enough, and thanks for the info.

It reinforces the point (well made on here) that, despite everything, we still don't have to 'do' that much to survive - which is probably the club's dilemma right at the moment.

A record here-on-in of W3 D2 L9 (NINE) is atrocious, yet would get us to 50 points and probable survival. The faintest of upturns at all and survival is pretty much guaranteed - which makes the whole present situation so frustrating and galling. It all depends whether this is now a complete and utter historic collapse or a 'traditional' very bad run which will turn (slightly) in time.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 15:32]
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:30 - Feb 15 with 1179 viewsNorthantsHoop

1. No he is not the type of coach/manager to be given a chance to re-build he is not a leader, seems more like a backroom coach with loads of qualifications but not the communicative leadership qualities for both team and fans.
2. League 1 will be a disaster he is not going to work, 10 games in no signs of any improvement, get rid now still enough time to avert the drop.
3. Find an interim manager appoint to the end of the season, unlikely Wilder would do it, consider someone like Nathan Jones or Liam Richardson, with options to stay if team responds etc. We need to park permanent replacement until we are safe, also cannot keep losing these games especially home games in such a dismal way.
Login to get fewer ads

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:43 - Feb 15 with 994 viewsloftus77

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:18 - Feb 15 by Rangersw12

Apprently he's gone

'Ketchup' - as it were???
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:46 - Feb 15 with 939 viewsRangersw12

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:43 - Feb 15 by loftus77

'Ketchup' - as it were???

The group chat I'm in!

Checking twitter a few others seem to be saying same thing.

[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 15:50]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024