Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? 12:24 - Feb 12 with 16016 viewsRangersDave

Ok, we know we arent great, we know the manager cant seem to drum a work ethic into the players, and we know we are 'xxx' bad games from relegation.

i certainly hope LF has a 'cut loose' clause built into NC's contract if we got relegated.

However, i'm garnering opinions please...

If we are 6 games from the end of the season, and there's a chance to stay up, on current form, and managerial attitude would you

1) keep Critchley no matter what?

2) get rid now even if it costs because relegation is unthinkable?

3) A suggestion of your own?

my view is if we are going to do anything, we dont wait too long, as getting someone in who has the fight and desire to keep us up may be a tricky thing, and i certainly dont want to be in a position where we have to win one of the last 4 to stay up, as half the team may already be 'on the beach' even if they arent now.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 23:30 - Feb 14 with 2144 viewsenfieldargh

If he were to be axed then get Shaun Derry in till the end of the season. I'm so angry I feel only SD would be able to put the wind up this lot.

Looking bleak as in the teams we play we allow them to grow the bollox we dont have durig the game.

those teams down the bottom have charity park rangers looing into their sights

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 23:36 - Feb 14 with 2066 viewsloftboy

I’ve never been in the sack the manager after a small amount of games, but it’s not working and he is not the right fit, we need a nasty bastard and quick.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 23:38 - Feb 14 with 2046 viewsdaveB

i don't think i'd stop pulling the trigger on this lot, I'd certainly make it to the 10 o'clock news
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 23:40 - Feb 14 with 2022 viewsMonkey_Roots

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 23:30 - Feb 14 by enfieldargh

If he were to be axed then get Shaun Derry in till the end of the season. I'm so angry I feel only SD would be able to put the wind up this lot.

Looking bleak as in the teams we play we allow them to grow the bollox we dont have durig the game.

If it’s going to happen, and NC goes, it has to be an old head with form for turning something around quickly. We’d wreck Derry, Ainsworth etc
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? (n/t) on 23:41 - Feb 14 with 2015 viewsQPsyR

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 23:30 - Feb 14 by enfieldargh

[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 5:08]

FKA AcidPixie

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 08:30 - Feb 15 with 1856 viewskropotkin41

All talk aside, is anyone actually expecting a sacking?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 08:44 - Feb 15 with 1814 viewsdm97

Agree with sentiments above, if they pull trigg it has to be a quick appointment for rest of this season only. Summer then needs a clear out of entire footballing dept and CEO - LH, LF, AB all need to go. Reappoint those positions first and then collectively decide on direction and appoint the coaching staff.

But it’s Amit Ruben and Tony, so they’ll let NC muddle through a few more games till it’s properly toxic, sack him and let LF do a long drawn out search and we might stay up by skin of teeth. Rinse, repeat etc
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 08:46 - Feb 15 with 1808 viewsslmrstid

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 08:30 - Feb 15 by kropotkin41

Actually it wouldn't surprise me at all if it happened.

All this talk of having to pay up 3 years is nonsense...all manager contracts have break clauses in them so there's no way we'd be paying off that much if it came to it.
Login to get fewer ads

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 08:50 - Feb 15 with 1777 viewsstanistheman

I am hoping but not expecting.
I don’t think that DoF had a clause in Critchley’s contract as he obviously thought that he had the right man ( as with Ramsey, JFH).
The manager is dull, uninspiring and his team talks along with his tactics team selections are not working. He is only part of the problem, the other main part is LF.

He lumbered us with this squad of injury prone players with his policy of signing crocks in the hope of making them good. This must have cost the club a reasonable amount of funds but is really costing a lot more as we have barely got 16 fit players.

He is making so many poor decisions and is earning a reported £500k for this.

The owners need to act quickly and rid us of both manager and DoF. The club cannot afford to hang about and hope for improved results.

Blaming the weasel for leaving and recruiting his own players is just an excuse.
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 09:16 - Feb 15 with 1684 viewscorse

My humble opinion is that the first one to go should be Mr. "used cars salesman" Les Ferdinand. The rot stops then.
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 09:22 - Feb 15 with 1639 viewsRs_Holy

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:55 - Feb 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

I wouldn’t even if we got relegated.

It’s not him that’s the problem.

this
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 09:28 - Feb 15 with 1572 viewsBklynRanger

I don't see anything happening based on Boro away, but think it'll come down to the Blackburn home game on the 25th. NC now looks to be well past the angry and disappointed phase - am sure a certain part of him just wants it over with.

There was a visiting couple sitting in front of me last night who seemed nice - they were getting into the atmosphere when our support was trying to lift the team in the second half - unbelievable effort by the way considering the situation. By the end of it all I just felt embarrassed about what we were putting in front of them.
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 09:33 - Feb 15 with 1542 viewsDamo1962

Probably not. Even a tonking on Saturday won't change that either. If we slip into the bottom four...who knows.
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 09:33 - Feb 15 with 1552 viewsAntti_Heinola

A lot of stuff about scaring the players and booting them about a bit. This is all rubbish.
If Warnock walked in tomorrow, he wouldn't be b0llocking them. He'd be motivating them. Making them smile. Making them enjoy it. Taking the pressure off. The last effing thing we need is someone screaming at them. This is just fans projecting what they want to do to the players: the reality is that would likely make things worse.

Anyone calling for Derry needs their head examined. Been a poor manager everywhere and literally just been fired for having no clue how to deal with a team.

Bare bones.

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 09:35 - Feb 15 with 1529 viewsNortholt_Rs

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 09:33 - Feb 15 by Antti_Heinola

A lot of stuff about scaring the players and booting them about a bit. This is all rubbish.
If Warnock walked in tomorrow, he wouldn't be b0llocking them. He'd be motivating them. Making them smile. Making them enjoy it. Taking the pressure off. The last effing thing we need is someone screaming at them. This is just fans projecting what they want to do to the players: the reality is that would likely make things worse.

Anyone calling for Derry needs their head examined. Been a poor manager everywhere and literally just been fired for having no clue how to deal with a team.

‘would likely make things worse’… enlighten me.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 11:45 - Feb 15 with 1421 viewsAntti_Heinola

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 09:35 - Feb 15 by Northolt_Rs

‘would likely make things worse’… enlighten me.

Think it's pretty self-explanatory above.

Bare bones.

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 12:08 - Feb 15 with 1333 viewsRangersDave

If NC is going to get sacked, it needs to be done today, to give anyone coming in at least a chance of getting the team to do something positive.

So, CR, LF, NC, and all the dead wood in between, including the physio's , psycologists, statisticians, etc.

Not sure however, we will lose / get rid of any of them! (unfortunately)

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 12:12 - Feb 15 with 1311 viewsNortholt_Rs

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 11:45 - Feb 15 by Antti_Heinola

Think it's pretty self-explanatory above.

Critchleys record so far: WDLDLDDLDLL. He has a win rate of 9%. Battered at home 3-0 by Luton and Sunderland. Beaten at home by Millwall for the first time since 1989. Ground is like a fkn morgue. We are hurtling towards relegation. How could it possibly get worse?
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 12:20]

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 12:49 - Feb 15 with 1192 viewsQPR_Jim

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 09:33 - Feb 15 by Antti_Heinola

Agree entirely. I always wonder how these people would react if their manager suddenly got sack and some ranting mad man was made their manager. I'm sure it would motivate them but for me I'd probably give the new guy some back and walk out.

Like you say, you want someone who's going to make it fun which is what Neil would do or even Ainsworth. Those players out there last night didn't look like they were enjoying playing football, it looked like a chore for them, part of that probably due to not wanting to be here anymore which will be hard for anyone o change their minds on.
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:05 - Feb 15 with 1142 viewsHarbour

I understand why people want him out now but unless the club have a suitable replacement lined up and they can afford to pay off NC and fund a new manager this does not look possible. The last situation would be we sack Neil and then spend 6 weeks appointing a new one…Survival in the Championship has to be the goal now hopefully NC can get something out of this group in the remaining games…
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:56 - Feb 15 with 1038 viewsAntti_Heinola

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 12:12 - Feb 15 by Northolt_Rs

Critchleys record so far: WDLDLDDLDLL. He has a win rate of 9%. Battered at home 3-0 by Luton and Sunderland. Beaten at home by Millwall for the first time since 1989. Ground is like a fkn morgue. We are hurtling towards relegation. How could it possibly get worse?
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 12:20]

oh i see what you mean.
I think you missed my point really, but obviously, no, it can't get much worse. Take the draws out, maybe!

Bare bones.

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:58 - Feb 15 with 1029 viewsNortholt_Rs

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:05 - Feb 15 by Harbour

I understand why people want him out now but unless the club have a suitable replacement lined up and they can afford to pay off NC and fund a new manager this does not look possible. The last situation would be we sack Neil and then spend 6 weeks appointing a new one…Survival in the Championship has to be the goal now hopefully NC can get something out of this group in the remaining games…

Critchley has got 5 points from the last 27 which doesn’t in any way suggest he is going to save us from relegation. In fact we are in a relegation fight because of the results and performances under him. He has to go.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 14:01]

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:15 - Feb 15 with 968 viewskropotkin41

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:58 - Feb 15 by Northolt_Rs

Critchley has got 5 points from the last 27 which doesn’t in any way suggest he is going to save us from relegation. In fact we are in a relegation fight because of the results and performances under him. He has to go.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 14:01]

That only follows logically if you think that someone else could or would do better, I suppose. Maybe we've reached the everything is so broken point that another manager just isn't the answer and Critchley might be our best option for recovery after relegation.

I've seen someone say that we might already have enough points - that is nonsense, surely. Minimally, we'll need another 8-10 right....... so can NC get us 3 wins or more?

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:17 - Feb 15 with 961 viewsNortholt_Rs

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:15 - Feb 15 by kropotkin41

That only follows logically if you think that someone else could or would do better, I suppose. Maybe we've reached the everything is so broken point that another manager just isn't the answer and Critchley might be our best option for recovery after relegation.

I've seen someone say that we might already have enough points - that is nonsense, surely. Minimally, we'll need another 8-10 right....... so can NC get us 3 wins or more?

No he won’t - not based on his 11 games so far.

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:18 - Feb 15 with 954 viewskropotkin41

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:17 - Feb 15 by Northolt_Rs

No he won’t - not based on his 11 games so far.

Well, I agree. I think we're f*cked. Just not sure that sacking the bloke will make any difference at all to the outcome.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024