Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Critchley gone apparently 18:50 - Feb 19 with 39105 viewssdm1508

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-sack-critchley-after-disastrous-two-mont
Critchley gone apparently on 22:15 - Feb 19 with 3260 viewsstanistheman

Critchley gone apparently on 21:01 - Feb 19 by ted_hendrix

From the horses mouth.

"As we enter into a critical stage of the season, we understand the need for a swift appointment to be made," director of football Les Ferdinand said.

"Stability is key to the success of a club and this season has presented challenges which have denied us that stability. For us to move forward we must all learn from what has happened and pull together."

So nothing to do with the DoF then as he still has things to learn!!!

Loved his as a QPR player, but really beginning to hate him in his current role at the club.

I am not sure who will replace Critchley, but would love to see Warburton back as a DoF.

Hoos and Ferdinand along with Ramsey, Hall and Impey should all leave the club too.

Oh and take the medical, physio staff as well because all these injuries just keep on piling up which suggests to me that there are problems with training, warm up warm downs and after match care along with failing to spot potential problems.

I get having players getting injured with acl, ligament or broken bones, but so many hamstrings and muscular injuries could mean they are more easily preventable when things are done better as I don't know many other clubs with similar injury lists.
Critchley gone apparently on 22:15 - Feb 19 with 3259 viewsted_hendrix

Critchley gone apparently on 22:13 - Feb 19 by wombat

I’m going Ollie and Derry , full on old timers bring them back to the club from the board .

Was it a coincidence Ollie was linked with a job in Scotland only yesterday ?

No thanks not for me.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Critchley gone apparently on 22:17 - Feb 19 with 3219 viewskropotkin41

Critchley gone apparently on 22:15 - Feb 19 by ted_hendrix

No thanks not for me.

Ollie is the mad old uncle who disgraced himself just a little bit too much last Christmas. He's not getting invited back.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Critchley gone apparently on 22:20 - Feb 19 with 3169 viewsdmm

Critchley gone apparently on 22:11 - Feb 19 by kropotkin41

I'd properly feel for Wycombe fans if Ainsworth leaves them for us. And, frankly, I think he'd be daft to do so, assuming that presently he enjoys his job and enjoys the respect of his employers and the fans at Wycombe. Clive says he'd come if he's asked, but honestly I hope he thinks about it long and hard. What price the job for life he has at the Chairboys?

Yep, I agree. Ainsworth is one of the good guys. He's done nothing in life to deserve him being thrown into the hell hole that is QPR at this present time. And we'd end up hating a player we loved to bits. It just wouldn't be right or fair.
Critchley gone apparently on 22:26 - Feb 19 with 3065 viewsBklynRanger

I wouldn't be surprised to see Derry as Asst Mgr
Critchley gone apparently on 22:28 - Feb 19 with 3011 viewsHayesender

Had a gut feeling at the end of the game yesterday he was gone. He seemed to spend quite a long time clapping and thanking the travelling fans almost like he was saying thanks, and goodnight

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Critchley gone apparently on 22:29 - Feb 19 with 3010 viewsAntti_Heinola

Critchley gone apparently on 19:41 - Feb 19 by andrew1302

I think people are misguided if they think the problems lie with Critchley. To me what has happened is a standard political move, find someone else to blame to protect myself. Les has mismanaged player acquisition for ever but to protect his own position by the simple process of deflection he sacks Critchley. With 9 players out what could Critchley or anyone do? Signing players who manage 45 minutes a season is simply not great business .
Lots of chat about Ainsworth but why would he come? If i was him i would look at the mess which is QPR and pass. And Warburton , after the way he was treated i imagine will say something more direct. Plus we have no money so doubt we can give compensation.
Not sure this sacking actually moves us forwards.Potentially just makes things even messier.

He's not the problem.
But he's not the solution either.

Bare bones.

Critchley gone apparently on 22:37 - Feb 19 with 2871 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Critchley gone apparently on 22:29 - Feb 19 by Antti_Heinola

He's not the problem.

This is an excellent summary of his time here. Perfect.
Login to get fewer ads

Critchley gone apparently on 23:45 - Feb 19 with 2377 viewsBurnleyhoop

Critchley gone apparently on 22:11 - Feb 19 by kropotkin41

I'd properly feel for Wycombe fans if Ainsworth leaves them for us. And, frankly, I think he'd be daft to do so, assuming that presently he enjoys his job and enjoys the respect of his employers and the fans at Wycombe. Clive says he'd come if he's asked, but honestly I hope he thinks about it long and hard. What price the job for life he has at the Chairboys?

One word…Ambition.

Whilst Rangers may be in an utter state of turmoil, it represents a challenge and potential success at a club he has affinity for. We are not dead and buried yet, so he would have a shot at saving the day and becoming an even bigger cult hero.

Does he want a crack at it, or just continue to flirt with the play offs in league one forever, in the knowledge that his job is safe?

Ambition.
Critchley gone apparently on 23:54 - Feb 19 with 2310 viewsDamo1962

Critchley gone apparently on 22:20 - Feb 19 by dmm

Yep, I agree. Ainsworth is one of the good guys. He's done nothing in life to deserve him being thrown into the hell hole that is QPR at this present time. And we'd end up hating a player we loved to bits. It just wouldn't be right or fair.

It's up to him. He is intelligent enough, to not let his heart rule his head. If I was in his shoes...I would definitely give us a wide berth. But football isn't like real life, and he just may not be able to stop himself from trying to save us. Think the supporters would be more forgiving as well. He can always go back to Wycombe, as I'm sure they wouldn't hold leaving them for QPR against him. I actually think we have someone else in mind anyway - why, I have no idea?😉
Critchley gone apparently on 23:57 - Feb 19 with 2295 viewsDamo1962

Critchley gone apparently on 22:28 - Feb 19 by Hayesender

Had a gut feeling at the end of the game yesterday he was gone. He seemed to spend quite a long time clapping and thanking the travelling fans almost like he was saying thanks, and goodnight

He probably appreciated the supporters more than the players. Seems a genuine guy.
Critchley gone apparently on 00:03 - Feb 20 with 2271 viewsDamo1962

Critchley gone apparently on 23:45 - Feb 19 by Burnleyhoop

One word…Ambition.

Whilst Rangers may be in an utter state of turmoil, it represents a challenge and potential success at a club he has affinity for. We are not dead and buried yet, so he would have a shot at saving the day and becoming an even bigger cult hero.

Does he want a crack at it, or just continue to flirt with the play offs in league one forever, in the knowledge that his job is safe?

Ambition.

He may keep us up...but John Gregory did as well. Then the next season, we all know what happened. Unless he is given better tools, we will be still at the wrong end of the table next year. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see him at Rangers again, but I think he may be less ambitious than a lot in the football world. Christ... he joined us😉
Critchley gone apparently on 00:06 - Feb 20 with 2262 viewsBoston

Critchley gone apparently on 20:50 - Feb 19 by distortR

thoroughly dispiriting, Critchley has been treated appallingly by the players and club.

I get the ffp mantra, fully understand it, this season we've spent a lot in wages on players who are known to be sick notes, can't drop a loanee because to do so would cost money, spent money paying off Critchley and his assistants, one of whom we spent money on bringing in, may well spend money compensating Wycombe, spent money paying off Bonne so we didn't have to spend more money on him if we played him after spending too much money signing him in the first place, and then spent money on wages for a striker as our only experienced one got injured.

Strategy, my arse.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2023 20:52]

Yes mate, but there are no winners here.

Owners, management, coaching, structure, players, fans are all fcked.

When was the last time the Box Office came top of the QPR league?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Critchley gone apparently on 00:16 - Feb 20 with 2186 viewsvanrrrr

Critchley gone apparently on 00:06 - Feb 20 by Boston

Yes mate, but there are no winners here.

Owners, management, coaching, structure, players, fans are all fcked.

When was the last time the Box Office came top of the QPR league?

https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackrace/teams/queens-park-rangers

For what it is worth…..

see on twitter that Derry is being linked and third in this list, but has he not been a failure everywhere he has managed… ? Unless right sortness is #1 criteria.
Critchley gone apparently on 00:25 - Feb 20 with 2145 viewsFredManRave

Critchley gone apparently on 00:16 - Feb 20 by vanrrrr

For what it is worth…..

see on twitter that Derry is being linked and third in this list, but has he not been a failure everywhere he has managed… ? Unless right sortness is #1 criteria.

That's some list that actually brings a smile to your face at the thought of some of them actually managing us. The biggest smile was reserved for the fact that Timmy isn't on there.

Also surprised that Ollie isn't on there.

I think we'll know by tomorrow...
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 0:26]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Critchley gone apparently on 00:33 - Feb 20 with 2104 viewsbob566

I would go for a young foreign manager with fresh ideas.
Critchley gone apparently on 00:36 - Feb 20 with 2099 viewsNorthernr

thoroughly dispiriting, Critchley has been treated appallingly by the players and club.

I get the ffp mantra, fully understand it, this season we've spent a lot in wages on players who are known to be sick notes, can't drop a loanee because to do so would cost money, spent money paying off Critchley and his assistants, one of whom we spent money on bringing in, may well spend money compensating Wycombe, spent money paying off Bonne so we didn't have to spend more money on him if we played him after spending too much money signing him in the first place, and then spent money on wages for a striker as our only experienced one got injured.

Strategy, my arse.

£1m to sack him and his coaches too.
Critchley gone apparently on 01:31 - Feb 20 with 1982 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Critchley gone apparently on 00:16 - Feb 20 by vanrrrr

For what it is worth…..

Graham Potter on the list. That did make me laugh.
Critchley gone apparently on 01:39 - Feb 20 with 1975 viewsjoolsyp

Critchley gone apparently on 01:31 - Feb 20 by Benny_the_Ball

Graham Potter on the list. That did make me laugh.

Bielsa as well. What are BetFair smoking?
Critchley gone apparently on 02:26 - Feb 20 with 1917 viewsFredManRave

Critchley gone apparently on 22:29 - Feb 19 by Antti_Heinola

He's not the problem.

I wonder if the conversation went along the lines of the old classic split up conversation;

Les: "It's not you, it's me"
Critchley: "Show me the f'in money"

I've got the Power.

Critchley gone apparently on 02:30 - Feb 20 with 1908 viewsFredManRave

Critchley gone apparently on 00:36 - Feb 20 by Northernr

Seriously?!

Is that the fully paid up contract or was there an agreement reached?!

I've got the Power.

Critchley gone apparently on 02:33 - Feb 20 with 1899 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Funny how Lee suddenly found headroom for that.
Critchley gone apparently on 02:35 - Feb 20 with 1896 viewsearthdweller

Results have been bad so its expected the manager is first to go. The manager is a small part of the problem though. DoF, CEO, and staff should be handed their walking papers. The problem with that is I have doubts the board will pick good replacements based on the track record for the 10 years I have paid attention to QPR. Yes they spend the money and would likely spend more if not constrained but for some reason whatever they do it never works out over time. Unlucky, I don’t know?
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 6:56]
Critchley gone apparently on 02:43 - Feb 20 with 1885 viewsBoston

Who'd have the thought you'd get the same return in the sack race as the Epsom Derby?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Critchley gone apparently on 04:38 - Feb 20 with 1787 viewsbongo_king

Strategy, my arse.

And I think this episode will bite us where the sun don't shine. Having given a 3.5 year contract (the longest I can remember us ever giving) to a manager who lasted 12 games (one of the shortest reigns I can remember), what terms are any approached candidates likely to ask for? No decent manager in their right mind going to accept a "till the end of the season" or 1 year rolling thing after this. That is indeed if we can find a decent manager we can afford/who's interested.

A shambolic episode.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024