Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stockport County (H) Match Thread 16:49 - Feb 20 with 24812 viewsHullDale

I normally share these without comment, but that really isn't a good interview.

Lots of problems, sounds like cliques in the dressing room, and Bentley seems like a broken man.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 10:08 - Feb 21 with 3750 viewsDaleiLama

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 09:43 - Feb 21 by dingdangblue

The last time we beat Stockport at Spotland in a league game was September 1990.
Can't see that being threatened tonight. Maybe revenge for the 7-2 win at Edgeley Park though.

And I saw a Tweet saying the last time we won at home was pre-WC.

#itsnotcominghome

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 10:12 - Feb 21 with 3731 viewsTVOS1907

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 09:43 - Feb 21 by dingdangblue

The last time we beat Stockport at Spotland in a league game was September 1990.
Can't see that being threatened tonight. Maybe revenge for the 7-2 win at Edgeley Park though.

And we would have lost that game if Stockport had a better striker up front than Paul Williams.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 10:29 - Feb 21 with 3653 viewsdingdangblue

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 10:08 - Feb 21 by DaleiLama

And I saw a Tweet saying the last time we won at home was pre-WC.

#itsnotcominghome

Which World Cup?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 10:37 - Feb 21 with 3639 viewsHullDale

Stockport's match preview states Quigley can't play.

I also hadn't realised we've lost more than this season in the whole of last season.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 10:48 - Feb 21 with 3601 viewsColDale

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 16:50 - Feb 20 by HullDale

1'58
"Is there a spirit? Is there a togetherness about this group? Are they all united?"
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 10:51 - Feb 21 with 3598 viewsDaleFan7

It's going to be interesting to see how the players react tonight. The away stand will be almost full and it will be loud, an early goal for them and the home crowd could be hostile on top of that.

All the more reason for us to go for it and shut the away end up.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 10:54 - Feb 21 with 3583 viewsgriff

Here’s a deal. Youse beat these lot tonight and we’ll do the same against Cralwy for yer on Saturday. OK?
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 11:04 - Feb 21 with 3540 viewsDaleiLama

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 10:29 - Feb 21 by dingdangblue

Which World Cup?

'66?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 11:15 - Feb 21 with 3503 viewsIOMDale

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 10:48 - Feb 21 by ColDale

1'58
"Is there a spirit? Is there a togetherness about this group? Are they all united?"

The long pause whilst he tries to diplomatically avoid answering the question says it all.

Well done to Hendo for fronting up but then we already knew he cares deeply.

UTDNFS

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 11:26 - Feb 21 with 3462 viewsToffeemanc

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 09:58 - Feb 21 by NorthernDale

I am going to presume that O'Donnell may miss the game, after going off injured Saturday and Quigley may not be selected as part of the loan agreement. Is Brad Kelly out on loan, because we need a back up, if O'Donnell is not fit.

I'd say it's 100% certain O'Donnell won't be fit enough for even a place on the bench tonight.

I'm not certain on the current rules but I actually expected the club to announce the 7 day emergency loan signing of a goalkeeper yesterday to cover for the next 2 games.
As Eastwood is the only fit 1st team keeper surely we must be eligible for the emergency loan? In the circumstances there is no point recalling Brad Kelly as under EFL rules he wouldn't qualify as a 1st team keeper due to lack of appearances so I think the the club should be eligible to bring in another keeper on a 7 day emergency loan.
If we are eligible surely there is a better alternative out there than playing Eastwood?
His performances have been so bad that if we are not eligible for an emergency loan then I would rather see us recall Kelly and play him as I doubt he would be any worse and would benefit from some first team experience with a view to next season in the National League.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 11:30 - Feb 21 with 3449 viewsJames1980

Weren't there some games where we had no sub keeper I think during BBM's tenure.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 11:32 - Feb 21 with 3449 viewsCedar_Room

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 20:13 - Feb 20 by HullDale

I don't think anybody can watch that second goal and believe that Bentley hasn't lost the dressing room.

We're playing walking football at best there, easily 5 or 6 individual errors in that one clip.

Sent this clip to a Liverpool supporting mate whose response was OMG just do anything! Absolutely no-one prepared to stick a foot in at any stage. This is spectacularly embarrassing footage from a group of professional footballers and to me completely sums up the attitude amongst far too many players. They really really really could not give a monkeys. Have been thinking recently about Cameron John in that you tube video. Why don’t you live in Rochdale - have you ever been there? I know and we all know Rochdale ain’t the greatest but slagging off the town you are paid to represent in such a casual manner sums up the total lack of respect he and many others have for this club. That defending has the exact same attitude. They couldn’t care less the effort put in to keep this club afloat over the years. Couldn’t care less we have 102 years of football league history that is going down the toilet. Sure a relegation might not look great on their CV but they’ll move on to another job after this with nothing but bad things to say about their time here. None of it will be their fault of course. I don’t know whether we have just gotten unlucky with recruitment or this is a direct consequence of Stockdale and Bentley hiring the wrong people. Maybe it doesn’t help having inexperienced people in the boardroom who can’t step in and say something either. But my God this goal clip has got me annoyed when so far I’ve just been sad at our demise. These players can all get to fook. Tonight is going to be a disaster. The only question will be how much we lose by. I for one am not going to go and put myself through that.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 12:04 - Feb 21 with 3330 viewsdingdangblue

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 10:37 - Feb 21 by HullDale

Stockport's match preview states Quigley can't play.

I also hadn't realised we've lost more than this season in the whole of last season.

The plan was to turn all those narrow draws into wins!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 12:07 - Feb 21 with 3315 viewsdingdangblue

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 11:26 - Feb 21 by Toffeemanc

I'd say it's 100% certain O'Donnell won't be fit enough for even a place on the bench tonight.

I'm not certain on the current rules but I actually expected the club to announce the 7 day emergency loan signing of a goalkeeper yesterday to cover for the next 2 games.
As Eastwood is the only fit 1st team keeper surely we must be eligible for the emergency loan? In the circumstances there is no point recalling Brad Kelly as under EFL rules he wouldn't qualify as a 1st team keeper due to lack of appearances so I think the the club should be eligible to bring in another keeper on a 7 day emergency loan.
If we are eligible surely there is a better alternative out there than playing Eastwood?
His performances have been so bad that if we are not eligible for an emergency loan then I would rather see us recall Kelly and play him as I doubt he would be any worse and would benefit from some first team experience with a view to next season in the National League.

What's Andy Lonergan up to?

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 12:43 - Feb 21 with 3127 viewsAtThePeake

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 11:26 - Feb 21 by Toffeemanc

Emergency loans are only allowed if you don't have a fit goalkeeper who has made 5 or more EFL appearances in the squad, so Eastwood's availability means we aren't eligible for an emergency loan.

Also re: Brad Kelly - I think he may also be injured. He's only played one game since he went to Airbus and hasn't even been on the bench for their last 3 matches.

Tangled up in blue.

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 13:18 - Feb 21 with 2955 viewsD_Alien

Sounds like it's going to be guess the emergency keeper should Eastwood get injured then

I'll go for Max Taylor, although chances are we'd find Odoh between the sticks, unable to kick the ball out of his own box (so to speak)

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 14:12 - Feb 21 with 2739 viewsJames1980

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 13:18 - Feb 21 by D_Alien

Sounds like it's going to be guess the emergency keeper should Eastwood get injured then

I'll go for Max Taylor, although chances are we'd find Odoh between the sticks, unable to kick the ball out of his own box (so to speak)

I'd expect Odoh would put in more effort between the sticks than some of his team mates.

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 16:23 - Feb 21 with 2411 viewselectricblue

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 12:07 - Feb 21 by dingdangblue

What's Andy Lonergan up to?

3rd choice at Everton..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 16:48 - Feb 21 with 2304 viewsfitzochris

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 10:12 - Feb 21 by TVOS1907

And we would have lost that game if Stockport had a better striker up front than Paul Williams.

We beat them in a mid-week Auto Windscreens thingqummy in the mid 90s too. Steve Whitehall told us pre-match that "We'll beat these tonight". He was right. I'm sure it was the season we made the area final.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 16:59 - Feb 21 with 2229 viewsThreeLions

We will win tonight because I am attending. I have not been much this season due to work so hopefully I will be a lucky charm 😜😂.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 17:18 - Feb 21 with 2130 views442Dale

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 16:48 - Feb 21 by fitzochris

We beat them in a mid-week Auto Windscreens thingqummy in the mid 90s too. Steve Whitehall told us pre-match that "We'll beat these tonight". He was right. I'm sure it was the season we made the area final.

Stockport were a really good side at the time too. Game was played on a pitch that froze as the game went on and probably wouldn’t have taken place these days.

Can’t be certain, but think it was this game that secured Mick Docherty the job after Sammy McIlroy turned it down.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 17:22 - Feb 21 with 2117 viewsfitzochris

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 17:18 - Feb 21 by 442Dale

Stockport were a really good side at the time too. Game was played on a pitch that froze as the game went on and probably wouldn’t have taken place these days.

Can’t be certain, but think it was this game that secured Mick Docherty the job after Sammy McIlroy turned it down.

I can remember it being bloody cold, even all these years later.

I reckon this was around about when Docherty got the gig permanently too, yes.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 17:30 - Feb 21 with 2053 viewsEllDale

Over two pages on a match thread before we even know the teams!
Let’s just say that, whilst I approached last Saturday’s game with optimism, tonight’s feeling is one of trepidation.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 18:00 - Feb 21 with 1918 viewsJames1980

All I ask is they prove us wrong that they show they are worthy of a professional football contract. Have some flaming pride in their selves and respect for fans and the league and not roll over and capitulate.

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 18:28 - Feb 21 with 1830 viewsnordenblue

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 18:00 - Feb 21 by James1980

All I ask is they prove us wrong that they show they are worthy of a professional football contract. Have some flaming pride in their selves and respect for fans and the league and not roll over and capitulate.

Not sure why they'd change a habit they've got in so far all this season, most of them simply don't give a toss and are just draining a wage out the club, when that contract ends they'll move onto some other idiot willing to throw money at them.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 18:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024