Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aaron Morley 21:47 - Feb 22 with 2762 viewsdingdangblue

Just sent Bolton to Wembley with an absolute screamer.
To think some never rated him at Dale.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Aaron Morley on 22:11 - Feb 22 with 2666 viewsTrev

Criminally underrated here. Now look at our midfield. Upsetting.
Aaron Morley on 22:18 - Feb 22 with 2618 viewsTalkingSutty

Aaron Morley on 22:11 - Feb 22 by Trev

Criminally underrated here. Now look at our midfield. Upsetting.

Criminally played out of position by successive managers, that's why some fans rightly called him out for performances. Callum Camps was also played out of position for long periods and it affected both their game. With Morley and Camps both playing further forward think how many more points we would have picked up. Fans only comment on what they see and watching Morley trying to ping Holywood passes from a left back position was the fault of the managers but playing people out of position seemed to be the fashion for some reason during our decline.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2023 22:19]
Aaron Morley on 22:21 - Feb 22 with 2602 viewsClivert

I remember one fans forum (when things were going well as a club) Hill saying that Morley was doing stuff in training that was out of this world and that he was using Morley as an example to the established players in the squad.

There's that iconic photo of Matheson celebrating his goal at Old Trafford and its Morley whose the first get to celebrate with him, two academy graduates.
Aaron Morley on 22:32 - Feb 22 with 2550 viewsdingdangblue

Morley played deep tonight for Bolton. He does suit that roll because his passing is exceptional. Still managed to get forward to score his beauty - although playing against 10 men would have helped him there. Hopefully he will go onto greater heights and we have a sell on percentage.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Aaron Morley on 22:42 - Feb 22 with 2500 viewsSheffield_dale

Aaron Morley on 22:21 - Feb 22 by Clivert

I remember one fans forum (when things were going well as a club) Hill saying that Morley was doing stuff in training that was out of this world and that he was using Morley as an example to the established players in the squad.

There's that iconic photo of Matheson celebrating his goal at Old Trafford and its Morley whose the first get to celebrate with him, two academy graduates.

Along with Rathbone, Camps, O'Connell and Sanchez 😭
Aaron Morley on 22:44 - Feb 22 with 2492 viewsSaxonDale

Morley summed up BBM’s time at the club. I remember watching him play for us in the final game of the season against Charlton and every attack we started through him- but every attack Charlton had was because they ran at him! There’s no way he was good enough to play in a deeper role back then but over the next 2 seasons under BBM his all round defensive game improved significantly the problem was this was at the complete detriment of the team. I suppose the sort of thing a manager would do when under no pressure from above to get results and whilst having half an eye on a future role in academy football.

It was always obvious he’d go onto a better career as we’d afforded him 100+ games of work experience to develop and improve. The real blow is that it was only for £150,000 and to a club we had been in the same league as less than 8 months prior.
Aaron Morley on 23:30 - Feb 22 with 2378 viewsrich_dale

I remember his debut - home game and think we won 3-0. He was still 16 I think but looked so mature and comfortable.
Aaron Morley on 23:35 - Feb 22 with 2365 viewsShun

It is a bit odd that all I see nowadays are posts along the lines of ‘to think some never rated him.’ We never hear from those fans now, and plenty were on this board!
Login to get fewer ads

Aaron Morley on 00:16 - Feb 23 with 2327 viewsSandyman

Morley did disappoint at times under BBM but the talent was always there.
A good mate of mine is a staunch Bolton fan and speaks highly of Morley, reckoning he'll one day be an excellent standard Championship player given his performances since going there.
Aaron Morley on 07:04 - Feb 23 with 2164 viewsdingdangblue

Aaron Morley on 00:16 - Feb 23 by Sandyman

Morley did disappoint at times under BBM but the talent was always there.
A good mate of mine is a staunch Bolton fan and speaks highly of Morley, reckoning he'll one day be an excellent standard Championship player given his performances since going there.

He could be one of those players who improves the higher he goes. With better players around him. We rated Glen Murray at Dale but I don't think many of us thought he'd go on to the career he had in the Premier League.

Aaron Morley on 08:44 - Feb 23 with 2024 viewssweetcorn

He didn't play well for us. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but at the time it was the right choice for both parties.

It happens at all levels of football, a player is average for one club and becomes a world beater elsewhere. We've enough doom at the minute, no point in lamenting over this.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024