Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gary Winston Lineker 19:05 - Mar 9 with 16432 viewsFlashberryjack

Gary Lineker ?
Opinions please.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Gary Winston Lineker on 08:34 - Mar 10 with 1184 viewsWhiterockin

Gary Winston Lineker on 08:31 - Mar 10 by Boundy

I've just listened to Stephen Kinnock's plan should Labour regain power , and his/their Policy totally relies on the French being willing to accept the undesirables being returned to France , today our glorious leader is meeting Macron whose already said that's not going to happen so why after many attempts by the Tories using basically financial bribery will labours' plan work .
A proper immigration policy supported by a robust vetting system should have been in place since we left the EU , every other non EU country has a system , we don't and now w we're paying (literally socially and economically ) for it

It's very easy to govern a country when you are not in power.
Gary Winston Lineker on 09:14 - Mar 10 with 1138 viewsBoundy

Gary Winston Lineker on 08:34 - Mar 10 by Whiterockin

It's very easy to govern a country when you are not in power.

Always the case . I know the answer why but I'll still ask the question , why as a nation can't we come together politically to make the lives of all its citizens healthy happy and prosperous. Hard to believe as in the US for example the great minds of this country are being overshadowed by a few inept politicians but the old boys network ensures they will never be heard ,we're desperate for a complete political reset in this country and without it it'll be a case of wash rinse repeat

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Gary Winston Lineker on 09:18 - Mar 10 with 1132 viewspencoedjack

I've just listened to Stephen Kinnock's plan should Labour regain power , and his/their Policy totally relies on the French being willing to accept the undesirables being returned to France , today our glorious leader is meeting Macron whose already said that's not going to happen so why after many attempts by the Tories using basically financial bribery will labours' plan work .
A proper immigration policy supported by a robust vetting system should have been in place since we left the EU , every other non EU country has a system , we don't and now w we're paying (literally socially and economically ) for it

Lets be honest if it was the other way round we wouldn't make a great deal of effort to stop the undesirables crossing the channel to enter France.

I wonder if we had an independent Wales would all those who want it be as happy to see the English send them onto us, we will be awash with money to house & feed them as there is a grand plan to sell water to our English friends.

Its pretty amazing all those who constantly slate our country never comment on why these undesirables want to come to the UK.

How many refugees did Lineker house when he brought it last year?
Gary Winston Lineker on 09:19 - Mar 10 with 1132 viewsWhiterockin

Gary Winston Lineker on 09:14 - Mar 10 by Boundy

Always the case . I know the answer why but I'll still ask the question , why as a nation can't we come together politically to make the lives of all its citizens healthy happy and prosperous. Hard to believe as in the US for example the great minds of this country are being overshadowed by a few inept politicians but the old boys network ensures they will never be heard ,we're desperate for a complete political reset in this country and without it it'll be a case of wash rinse repeat

Very true
Gary Winston Lineker on 09:22 - Mar 10 with 1118 viewsScotia

We are basically at the whim of the French. Apparently we're offering more cash to provide the French with more police to patrol the beaches and stope the boats from being launched?

I'm not necessarily a remainer, but this is what happens when you "get brexit done" and believe a proven liar when he claims he has "an oven ready deal".

France won't accept them back and why should they? They aren't French, do France send them back to Italy and Spain too? Where does it end?

We need an international effort to stop the trafficking gangs and stamp down on our black economy. Not forgetting of course that we need migrants, and lots of them.
Gary Winston Lineker on 09:41 - Mar 10 with 1097 viewsBoundy

Gary Winston Lineker on 09:22 - Mar 10 by Scotia

We are basically at the whim of the French. Apparently we're offering more cash to provide the French with more police to patrol the beaches and stope the boats from being launched?

I'm not necessarily a remainer, but this is what happens when you "get brexit done" and believe a proven liar when he claims he has "an oven ready deal".

France won't accept them back and why should they? They aren't French, do France send them back to Italy and Spain too? Where does it end?

We need an international effort to stop the trafficking gangs and stamp down on our black economy. Not forgetting of course that we need migrants, and lots of them.

IMO Throughout all this ,no one's said we don't need immigration, of course we do ,but we also need a viable process system which would allow controlled `( that for many is the operative word ) .

We're in a perfect storm for the traffickers , they have a growing customer base because we don't have a means of controlling our shores and as successful as it was in catching immigrants entering via the road transport system all its done is divert the problem and increase the number entering by boat .

If I was French neither would I take them back , but I would continue taking the UK's taxpayers money and continue to pay lip service to yet another "agreement"
The government can't get a grip on this until they get a grip on themselves but the won't as long as some Ministers continue to privately benefit with directorships/shares in companies employed to manage the problem .

Gary Winston Lineker on 09:57 - Mar 10 with 1083 viewscontroversial_jack

At last some balanced and considerate posts , there is hope for you two yet,

Yes, it's an International problem and not just France or the UK. The Uk has only had a small percentage of refugees compared to many other countries and much less than France has. We can consider ourselves fortunate

As for the Uk paying France, last time i checked we hadn't paid them anything
Gary Winston Lineker on 13:42 - Mar 10 with 1028 viewsBoundy

Gary Winston Lineker on 09:57 - Mar 10 by controversial_jack

At last some balanced and considerate posts , there is hope for you two yet,

Yes, it's an International problem and not just France or the UK. The Uk has only had a small percentage of refugees compared to many other countries and much less than France has. We can consider ourselves fortunate

As for the Uk paying France, last time i checked we hadn't paid them anything

and you are who exactly ?

Login to get fewer ads

Gary Winston Lineker on 16:40 - Mar 10 with 972 viewsSullutaCreturned

Gary Winston Lineker on 20:38 - Mar 9 by Flashberryjack

Fair play, colours firmly nailed to the mast.

I agree with him too. I will always support the idea that genuine refugess should be welcome here. When Ukrainians needed a safe haven I was (and still am) all for helping them.

Last year 15000 Albanians came here, whatare they running from?

If we are going to stop boats we have to establish safe routes, I think that's obvious. I also don't like the part about coming through a safe country, as long as people come here legally they should be considered on their evidence, not denied because they were so desperate to escape they crossed a border.

There needs to be a refugee hub for Europe where refugess can ask to go and then they can state their preferred destination as long as they can prove their status.
Gary Winston Lineker on 16:49 - Mar 10 with 967 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Stepping down from MOTD until an agreement is reached whatever that means. Personally I'd prefer Ian Wright to present MOTD he's much more enthusiastic and seems pretty authentic.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Gary Winston Lineker on 16:54 - Mar 10 with 958 viewsGwyn737

Gary Winston Lineker on 16:40 - Mar 10 by SullutaCreturned

I agree with him too. I will always support the idea that genuine refugess should be welcome here. When Ukrainians needed a safe haven I was (and still am) all for helping them.

If we are going to stop boats we have to establish safe routes, I think that's obvious. I also don't like the part about coming through a safe country, as long as people come here legally they should be considered on their evidence, not denied because they were so desperate to escape they crossed a border.

There needs to be a refugee hub for Europe where refugess can ask to go and then they can state their preferred destination as long as they can prove their status.

Like that 👍
Gary Winston Lineker on 16:56 - Mar 10 with 957 viewsGwyn737

Gary Winston Lineker on 16:49 - Mar 10 by JACKMANANDBOY

Stepping down from MOTD until an agreement is reached whatever that means. Personally I'd prefer Ian Wright to present MOTD he's much more enthusiastic and seems pretty authentic.

People shouting ‘WOKE’ cancelling people.

See also the David Attenborough programme being withdrawn because some of the stuff of climate change will upset right wingers.

Bunch of snowflakes.
Gary Winston Lineker on 17:00 - Mar 10 with 951 viewsWingstandwood

Gary Winston Lineker on 16:56 - Mar 10 by Gwyn737

People shouting ‘WOKE’ cancelling people.

See also the David Attenborough programme being withdrawn because some of the stuff of climate change will upset right wingers.

Bunch of snowflakes.

Argus!

Gary Winston Lineker on 17:17 - Mar 10 with 930 viewsKilkennyjack

Gary Winston Lineker on 08:17 - Mar 10 by felixstowe_jack

You really are scrapping the Barrel to blame illegal migration on Brexit. If the EU was so wonderful why would economic migrants want to comr to the UK?

Why have the numbers gone up since Brexit then ?

Beware of the Risen People

Gary Winston Lineker on 17:19 - Mar 10 with 929 viewsKilkennyjack

Not true.

Many EU nations take more migrants than UK.

Gary Winston Lineker on 17:19 - Mar 10 with 928 viewsGwyn737

Gary Winston Lineker on 17:00 - Mar 10 by Wingstandwood

Yep.

With a bit more shouting perhaps they’ll stop showing Paddington. Blummin’ undocumented migrants coming here on boats.
Gary Winston Lineker on 17:20 - Mar 10 with 925 viewsKilkennyjack

Gary Winston Lineker on 09:14 - Mar 10 by Boundy

Because the party in power has no interest in anything other than looting the public purse.

Gary Winston Lineker on 17:23 - Mar 10 with 919 viewsWingstandwood

Gary Winston Lineker on 17:19 - Mar 10 by Gwyn737

Yep.

With a bit more shouting perhaps they’ll stop showing Paddington. Blummin’ undocumented migrants coming here on boats.

Argus!

Gary Winston Lineker on 17:27 - Mar 10 with 906 viewsSullutaCreturned

Gary Winston Lineker on 17:19 - Mar 10 by Kilkennyjack

Not true.

Many EU nations take more migrants than UK.

The share of foreign-born population in the EU is lower than in most high-income countries. It is behind the UK

https://commission.europa.eu/strategy-and-policy/priorities-2019-2024/promoting-
Gary Winston Lineker on 17:32 - Mar 10 with 902 viewsSullutaCreturned

Gary Winston Lineker on 17:17 - Mar 10 by Kilkennyjack

Why have the numbers gone up since Brexit then ?

Umm, lets see now....because all these people see the UK as a good place to go? many travel all the way across EU countries to get to France and on a boat to the UK. I must seem better here than you'd ever admit.
Gary Winston Lineker on 17:40 - Mar 10 with 891 viewsFlashberryjack

Gary Winston Lineker on 16:40 - Mar 10 by SullutaCreturned

So if we did establish a safe route by having a refugee hub for Europe, and some had their application turned down.

Their next step would be to jump on the next dinghy to the UK, I'm pretty sure a lot wouldn't even bother with the hub, they'd take their chances on a dinghy rather than fail the their asylum application, and then be transported back to their country of origin

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Gary Winston Lineker on 17:49 - Mar 10 with 879 viewsKeithHaynes

He is as entitled as anyone to have freedom of thought, especially when it’s current affairs.

However, likening the policy to nazi Germans is far wide of the mark.

Nazi Germany killed its own people and anyone else they could get their hands on, same as the Russian as did.

Hardly the same.

And as the govt to an extent fund the BBC ahead was always going to be signing his retirement papers.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Gary Winston Lineker on 17:54 - Mar 10 with 873 viewsraynor94

Gary Winston Lineker on 16:49 - Mar 10 by JACKMANANDBOY

Wrighty has pulled out of motd in support of Lineker, interesting to see if any others support him

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Gary Winston Lineker on 17:56 - Mar 10 with 869 viewsGwyn737

Gary Winston Lineker on 17:54 - Mar 10 by raynor94

Wrighty has pulled out of motd in support of Lineker, interesting to see if any others support him

Beat me to it:

I’d find it really funny if they put a woman front and centre. That would drive the snowflakes nuts
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 17:57]
Gary Winston Lineker on 18:03 - Mar 10 with 860 viewsGwyn737

Rules for the left wing BBC:

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024