Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Media Team - doing too much? 12:55 - Mar 16 with 6223 viewstoboboly

Not a moan but more of an observation, actually it is a full on moan.

In recent years (since 2010 I reckon) we have far more coverage and content on mediums such as Twitter/Facebook etc.

Some of it is important - team news, links to QPR plus, new signings, departing players etc

Some of it is filler - admin video showing "a day in the life", training ground pics, community interaction, birthday shout outs etc

Some of it should probably be mothballed - players saying sorry for a bad performance (has that ever seen an improved performance the next game), bigging up a single game achievement (recently Drewe but previously Ledesma, Shodipo and a whole host of others whom it was a high point of an otherwise unremarkable career), in depth's with behind the scenes people such as Belk, the Haka/team bonding video's (how is that helping anyone showing a team building exercise?), putting out statements about set piece coaches etc, alternative angle video w@nkathons about beating Watford - why do we have 15 odd go pro's dotted about the ground? Why do we need two people video'ing the players walking round after a win?

We should go back to basics, stop increasing expectation and let the talking be done on the field. Don't give out players Twitter account details, if a player wants to be on Twitter that is up to them but don't tag them in because as soon as something goes wrong it is just abuse from the nutters.

To me it seems like setting yourself up for a fall, the amount of content after the Watford game would have seemed excessive for the majority of PL teams.

Examples - in 24 hours including the final score tweet there have been four tweets after Blackpool. One is Ainsworth's post match, one is an apology, one is the official pics.

Watford - in 24 hours including the final score tweet there are 4x videos of the players/staff post whistle, Ainsworth's post match interview, a reply taking the pi$$ out of the Watford twitter, a selfie from Kakay, the official pics, selfie video of Tim saying it was great to score, 2x good morning tweet with pics, another interview with Ainsworth, retweeting Tim, plugging the highlights, who was your MOTM?, Tim goal video'd from 'all the angles', retweet of Drewe, Drewe/Kakay appreciation tweet, Dykes appreciation tweet, final whistle video.

That is all in 24 hours. Just. Stop. I haven't included the subsequent deluge of content between Monday and ko on Tuesday.

It's not even like we have had a great season with all the bells and whistles. Seems like the club is all fur coat and no knickers. Tell you what, you win the fc king league and I will take as many alternative angles rubbish as you like, but until then give me the basic bits and sod off with the rest.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 10:22 - Mar 17 with 1720 viewsNorthernr

The Haka video, I think you keep that in house, bung it out at the end of the season if we've recovered and gone well and you feel you have to. It's gone viral again this week and we, and the manager, look like tits.

Other than that I feel for them. Would you want to be trying to produce content around this team? I'm finding it hard enough and I'm allowed to call the players cnts if I want to. They'll be filming interviews, commentary cam, alternative angle, tunnel cam stuff every week, and then just binning it, which must be pretty soul destroying - imagine going to work every day for weeks and everything you do just goes straight in the bin at the end of the day.

And for every thread like this (and I agree to a certain extent with the OP, the watford stuff was OTT) you've got QPR Report who regularly hammers them for not putting the same level of content out when we lose.

I guess, in the end, if you don't like it, don't read it.
QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 10:26 - Mar 17 with 1689 viewsPunteR

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 10:22 - Mar 17 by Northernr

The Haka video, I think you keep that in house, bung it out at the end of the season if we've recovered and gone well and you feel you have to. It's gone viral again this week and we, and the manager, look like tits.

Other than that I feel for them. Would you want to be trying to produce content around this team? I'm finding it hard enough and I'm allowed to call the players cnts if I want to. They'll be filming interviews, commentary cam, alternative angle, tunnel cam stuff every week, and then just binning it, which must be pretty soul destroying - imagine going to work every day for weeks and everything you do just goes straight in the bin at the end of the day.

And for every thread like this (and I agree to a certain extent with the OP, the watford stuff was OTT) you've got QPR Report who regularly hammers them for not putting the same level of content out when we lose.

The haka is the highlight of the season.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 10:39 - Mar 17 with 1646 viewstoboboly

It's like spam though, who does all this 'alt angles', training room video's, team building vids actually pander to? It makes a rod for their own back unless you are blitzing the league.

Just put out normal content and stop trying to be MTV/Panorama/Cbeebies/MOTD all rolled into one.

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 10:45 - Mar 17 with 1631 viewsNorthernr

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 10:39 - Mar 17 by toboboly

It's like spam though, who does all this 'alt angles', training room video's, team building vids actually pander to? It makes a rod for their own back unless you are blitzing the league.

Just put out normal content and stop trying to be MTV/Panorama/Cbeebies/MOTD all rolled into one.

All I can say mate is I've sat in meetings with fan groups and the media team where they've been asked for more of exactly that sort of stuff.
QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 11:14 - Mar 17 with 1585 viewstoboboly

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 10:45 - Mar 17 by Northernr

All I can say mate is I've sat in meetings with fan groups and the media team where they've been asked for more of exactly that sort of stuff.

Ugh, I am clearly a dinosaur!

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 11:25 - Mar 17 with 1555 viewshubble

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 13:44 - Mar 16 by BrianMcCarthy

That really was strange, wasn't it?

I'd heard a lot about him, on here first I think, but after on non-QPR podcasts and he really is rated very highly in the recruitment world, it seems.

As you say, though - nothing on QPR offish about him until the recruitment was called into question and then, pointlessly, I thought, they do a big feature on him, and he cops a load of stick.

Not the wisest decision, but then who could have guessed the (over)reaction from Twitter.

"Not the wisest decision, but then who could have guessed the (over)reaction from Twitter. "

Err, just about anyone who uses Twitter, Brian.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 11:47 - Mar 17 with 1485 viewsToast_R

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 10:45 - Mar 17 by Northernr

Has there been an alternative angle of Dickie's arm charging block or Seny's panic in the box?
QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 11:49 - Mar 17 with 1468 viewsWegerles_Stairs

They want more content when we lose????? How about alternative angles of each of the Blackpool goals? Maybe a competition to spot the difference between goals four and five with Dozy's clean (unwashed) shirt as a prize.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 09:01 - Mar 18 with 1364 viewsRangersDave

sitting in the SAR stand circa 1976, did i need or want faceache, twytter, insta, etc etc

Nope, just a programme, and a clearish tannoy announcement.

Th B.S. fed to us by the meedyah nowadays is plainly overkill, for god sake give it a rest.......

great take on it here......

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 14:01 - Mar 18 with 1273 viewsQPROslo

I don't do Twitter or QPR on FB, but I think the R's Media team do a good job on the Official and on QPR+. Give me Stan or Ale of the Rangers any day even if it is pure fantasy, rather than the anger, hatred, intolerance, negativity, earthquakes, other disasters and war that are already on overload the world over. I prefer to focus on the 1-0 over Watford and Tim's goal from every single angle.
QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 17:00 - Apr 4 with 1129 viewstoboboly

Just to add - at one point on Saturday there was a 23 minute gap between tweets during the game. That's a quarter of a game. The matchday feed is supposed to be a play by play.

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 17:19 - Apr 4 with 1072 viewssparkey

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 17:00 - Apr 4 by toboboly

Just to add - at one point on Saturday there was a 23 minute gap between tweets during the game. That's a quarter of a game. The matchday feed is supposed to be a play by play.

2 points to add

1) after every tweet, there were many comments saying 'stop tweeting'.
2) there was zero in the game worth tweeting about
QPR Media Team - doing too much on 17:28 - Apr 4 with 1015 viewsRangersw12

It's the "bantz" from the media team that does my head in.

I'm sure it's the Palace prick Watkins who's behind it as Paul Morrisey comes across well in everything he does.

It's been miserable since October so just keep a low profile and just give out facts and move onto next season
QPR Media Team - doing too much on 17:30 - Apr 4 with 1006 viewsTheChef

QPR Media Team - doing too much on 17:28 - Apr 4 by Rangersw12

It's the "bantz" from the media team that does my head in.

I'm sure it's the Palace prick Watkins who's behind it as Paul Morrisey comes across well in everything he does.

It's been miserable since October so just keep a low profile and just give out facts and move onto next season

Palace prick Watkins

Who he?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 09:49 - Apr 5 with 812 viewsrobith

I think everyone likes to say "they're doing too much" and that they should just stop. That is ignorant of the reality of running comms in the age of social media. The simple fact of the matter is if you aren't pumping out regular content that is driving engagements (views, video views, clicks), your quality score decreases, the algorithm will show your content less and your organic reach tanks.

As well as providing an interesting view of life at the club from many angles, to be successful you have to be active, and have a content calendar to support that. We can have some stuff that maybe doesn't always work, or we can be Rotherham tweeting ticket prices 3 times in a day and constantly retweeting EFL announcements on relegation rivals' points deductions
QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 10:50 - Apr 5 with 785 viewsStevenageRanger

QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 13:21 - Mar 16 by PunteR

I quite like the coverage not that I watch all of it. I just click on what I fancy. The Ale Faulin coverage was good . We all fancy a bit of Faurlin don't we?

I guess the problem is when we're losing all the time while playing rubbish. It starts to grate.
For younger fans though, Twitter, Instagram, FB is the only access to QPR . QPR need to keep that social media profile up to date to keep those younger minds engaged.
Us old c*nts can argue on LFW instead .. lol

This is spot on. My kids want new content all the time. Most youngsters are glued to their devices and want to see stuff constantly! The struggle is we are not doing well.
QPR Media Team - doing too much? on 12:08 - Apr 5 with 705 viewsslmrstid

I was a kid when the old QPR World with Billy Rice was first launched, and I used to love trying to see all the behind the scenes stuff with players I could.

As an adult, I have pretty much zero interest because the players are all now mostly younger than me, and they are at the end of the day just normal people so I don't really care about their bantz behind the scenes. And I'm pretty sure apart from the fact they play for QPR I have absolutely zero in common with them.

But I can see why the yoof of today would lap it all up, because I did at that age.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024