Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football players cheating 08:20 - Mar 19 with 1947 viewsMrangry25

Is it me or has this season been the worse for the cheating, diving, time wasting, general haranging of the officials. The game just seems to be getting more and more difficult to watch. Brentford were terrible, Newcastle not much better, Manc U and today Tottenham disgraceful. Kane screaming as if he has been shot, the general play acting, holding faces and rolling around only to get up an run away when the free kick is not given. The crowding of the referee today for the penalty was terrible and I am still surprised that non were booked.
From what I have seen this type of behaviour is more prevalent in the Premiership.
Football players cheating on 09:28 - Mar 19 with 1874 viewsA1079

It has got worse season on season in the PL Mrangry. The irony is that the apparent more rules that the referees have been given the less they appear to apply it. My mind may be playing me tricks this morning but did I see a game on MOTD where a player was rolling on the floor in the penalty area but got up as soon as he thought there was a chance of their team scoring? - nothing was done about it.
Football players cheating on 13:14 - Mar 19 with 1812 viewsdwayne_dibley

officially called "game management" and promoted in FA training manuals

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Football players cheating on 21:59 - Mar 21 with 1691 viewsMrangry25

Football players cheating on 09:28 - Mar 19 by A1079

It has got worse season on season in the PL Mrangry. The irony is that the apparent more rules that the referees have been given the less they appear to apply it. My mind may be playing me tricks this morning but did I see a game on MOTD where a player was rolling on the floor in the penalty area but got up as soon as he thought there was a chance of their team scoring? - nothing was done about it.

No you are right, it happened during our game against Spurs, Kane rolling around on the floor like he had been shot, got the foul got up and jogged off. Another one went down screaming and holding his face when he didn’t get it he got up and walked off. I think it high time that this cheating is shown on the big screen for everyone in the ground to see, i am convinced it will make them think twice about it.
Football players cheating on 22:01 - Mar 21 with 1690 viewsRon11

Football players cheating on 21:59 - Mar 21 by Mrangry25

No you are right, it happened during our game against Spurs, Kane rolling around on the floor like he had been shot, got the foul got up and jogged off. Another one went down screaming and holding his face when he didn’t get it he got up and walked off. I think it high time that this cheating is shown on the big screen for everyone in the ground to see, i am convinced it will make them think twice about it.

Should just be sent off for cheating.
Football players cheating on 08:21 - Mar 22 with 1522 viewsGasGiant

Football players cheating on 22:01 - Mar 21 by Ron11

Should just be sent off for cheating.

I agree, but sadly when you pay to watch it you are tacitly condoning it. WHen I watched Southampton football was still a sport. Now it is "Theatre" and despite all the words from the FA and the PL, nothing will be done because all the play acting is seen from a distance as just so much drama. It would be easy for the PL to analyse a game afterwards and retrospectively award disciplinary points for all examples of cheating, diving, gamesmanship etc. but so many players would be suspended that no team would be able to field a full side and that would affect the PL revenue stream and ultimately its business model. It was the Manics who said, If you tolerate this, your children will be next. Well we tolerated it, and now we're stuck with it for ever.
Football players cheating on 18:15 - Mar 22 with 1442 views1885_SFC

That Grealish dive the other night was bordering on hilarious. The gutless ref waved for him to get up instead of booking him for blatant cheating. Grealish has been doing it for years of course. It's a massive part of his game. Personally, I'm just amazed that he gets away with as often as he does.

Old School is Cool

Football players cheating on 09:46 - Mar 23 with 1369 viewsdwayne_dibley

Football players cheating on 18:15 - Mar 22 by 1885_SFC

That Grealish dive the other night was bordering on hilarious. The gutless ref waved for him to get up instead of booking him for blatant cheating. Grealish has been doing it for years of course. It's a massive part of his game. Personally, I'm just amazed that he gets away with as often as he does.

it is called a brown Rednapp envelope

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Football players cheating on 19:56 - Mar 23 with 1306 viewsSFC_Referee

Yeah well if they make it a guaranteed cautionable offence to surround a ref, make simulation a red card offence, get players to have to be removed from the game for at least a minute when faking injuries to slow down the game and waste time (as I’d they are injured then they can be treated then, whilst if they’re not then it teaches them to stop), as well as a fair few other solutions, then it would all end.

But unfortunately they don’t do any of that, and I think it’s also on the fact that in a way, the PL, EUFA, FIFA etc, want it all to happen as it gives the media more to talk about, can be more entertaining for those foreign armchair fans and leads to less players being sent off and “ruining” the game for getting punished how they should be for doing the likes of dissent, simulation and such.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2023 20:00]

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Login to get fewer ads

Football players cheating on 19:58 - Mar 23 with 1304 viewsSFC_Referee

Football players cheating on 09:28 - Mar 19 by A1079

Yeah because they don’t wanna risk the controversy as they’re too scared to do what’s right and do what’s easy so they don’t loose their jobs as soo many are afraid of being demoted and punished by the FA for making the game less entertaining for all those armchair fans, even though it’ll be more fair (like they’re meant to be doing)!

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024