Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Perraud 10:54 - Mar 19 with 3031 viewsDorsetIan

I’ve never had my youngest son down as being too interested in the tactics of the game but yesterday he kept pointing out how easily Perraud gets pulled out of position. He says he gets too excited.

I really like Perraud. He is full of energy, very committed and adds an awful lot to our attacking play. But looking at Spurs‘ first goal yesterday, how did he manage to get so far out of position?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Perraud on 11:05 - Mar 19 with 2996 viewsSaintNick

I have been saying this all season, his positional sense isn't great, but also he lacks a bit of an engine to get up and down the flanks, in the United game last week, an attack broke down and they counter attacked us, Perraud was jogging back and was passed by a sprinting JWP trying to get back behind the ball.

He is a good squad players, but as I have said in the preview and todays verdict due up any minute, we should have played Maitland- Niles at right back and KWP at left.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Perraud on 11:55 - Mar 19 with 2931 viewssaint22

i disagree with this, i think he feels he knows he has to double up with Elyounoussi in front of him so is trying to second guess
If he goes early it leave s gap behind if he stays it leaves one in front as Moi never tracks back
Look at him for the first spurs goal jogging back
Perraud on 13:01 - Mar 19 with 2871 viewsPatfromPoole

With next to no creativity in the team, it falls on our FB’s to be the most creative players in our team.

We are basically trying to copy the way Liverpool play, their midfield doesn’t create a lot, but they push their FB’s very high up the pitch. Difference is they have van Dijk covering for them if attacking moves break down.

Anyway, a fine player, is Perraud. Just needs a song…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Perraud on 13:45 - Mar 19 with 2844 viewsdirk_doone

Perraud is one of our better players. The first Spurs' goal came about yesterday because we were reduced to one central defender, Salisu, who also had a fine game, but he could only cover the right half of the penalty area. There was no central defender covering the left half of the penalty area at that time and that's the space Spurs exploited. I'm surprised how well Salisu managed to do the job of two men. Maitland-Niles did did little to help him but to be fair to him, that's not his usual position. Perraud was pulled in, trying to help out but he was also having to do his usual job on the flank.

Understandably, I don't think there was any well thought out contingency plan for us losing both of our starting centre backs so early in the game so they had to sort things out among themselves.

Anyway, it was a very entertaining game and one I'm glad I was at.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2023 13:51]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Perraud on 14:16 - Mar 19 with 2792 viewsBison

He intercepted a hell of a lot of balls from their right side yesterday . We are better with him at left back , be interesting when Tino gets back,

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Perraud on 14:30 - Mar 19 with 2773 viewsdirk_doone

Perraud on 14:16 - Mar 19 by Bison

He intercepted a hell of a lot of balls from their right side yesterday . We are better with him at left back , be interesting when Tino gets back,

The other thing I notice about Perraud is that our results really matter to him as much as they do to Ward-Prowse. However, well they play, and even if they have an off game, no one could ever accuse either of them of not caring.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Perraud on 04:55 - Mar 20 with 2603 viewssaintpaz

if only we had another decent LB (leave KWP at right back) and push Perraud up to left wing
Perraud on 10:45 - Mar 20 with 2496 viewsSaintNick

Perraud on 13:45 - Mar 19 by dirk_doone

Perraud is one of our better players. The first Spurs' goal came about yesterday because we were reduced to one central defender, Salisu, who also had a fine game, but he could only cover the right half of the penalty area. There was no central defender covering the left half of the penalty area at that time and that's the space Spurs exploited. I'm surprised how well Salisu managed to do the job of two men. Maitland-Niles did did little to help him but to be fair to him, that's not his usual position. Perraud was pulled in, trying to help out but he was also having to do his usual job on the flank.

Understandably, I don't think there was any well thought out contingency plan for us losing both of our starting centre backs so early in the game so they had to sort things out among themselves.

Anyway, it was a very entertaining game and one I'm glad I was at.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2023 13:51]

Spurs had 3 players in our final third, when Porro hit it we had 6 players in our own box, there was no need for Perraud to be in the centre helping out the central defenders, he was caught completely out of position and not doing his job.

I agree he cares about the team and puts in 100% and he is a good squad player, but he is no where near the class of KWP both in terms of defending and going forward, that is why KWP is being linked with a big money move this summer.

Maitland Niles did ok but was always going to struggle in the air , they should have really sorted it out by the goal time, the issue was caused solely by Perraud in this case, you only help out others when you have your own position covered,

It is no excuse that he had gone inside to help others, he was 20 years away from where he should have been

Login to get fewer ads

Perraud on 11:48 - Mar 20 with 2467 viewsDorsetIan

Perraud on 10:45 - Mar 20 by SaintNick

Spurs had 3 players in our final third, when Porro hit it we had 6 players in our own box, there was no need for Perraud to be in the centre helping out the central defenders, he was caught completely out of position and not doing his job.

I agree he cares about the team and puts in 100% and he is a good squad player, but he is no where near the class of KWP both in terms of defending and going forward, that is why KWP is being linked with a big money move this summer.

Maitland Niles did ok but was always going to struggle in the air , they should have really sorted it out by the goal time, the issue was caused solely by Perraud in this case, you only help out others when you have your own position covered,

It is no excuse that he had gone inside to help others, he was 20 years away from where he should have been

It's difficult to tell from the replays but it looks to me that this was a case of Porro staying forward - rather than running past anyone - while all our players pressed forward in the opposite direction, thus leaving him in so much space.

I think any number of our players could have noticed what was happening and raised the alarm, but it's principally got to be Perraud's job to be aware of what's going on in that part of the pitch.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Perraud on 15:26 - Mar 20 with 2390 viewsSaintNick

Perraud on 11:48 - Mar 20 by DorsetIan

It's difficult to tell from the replays but it looks to me that this was a case of Porro staying forward - rather than running past anyone - while all our players pressed forward in the opposite direction, thus leaving him in so much space.

I think any number of our players could have noticed what was happening and raised the alarm, but it's principally got to be Perraud's job to be aware of what's going on in that part of the pitch.

I have looked at the replays, we had 6 men in and around our own penalty area, Spurs had only 3 yet we had no one on our left side, total lack of awareness from Perraud and indeed one of the central defenders who should have been holding the line and directing the play

Perraud on 15:50 - Mar 20 with 2376 viewsGRIM

Perraud on 15:26 - Mar 20 by SaintNick

I have looked at the replays, we had 6 men in and around our own penalty area, Spurs had only 3 yet we had no one on our left side, total lack of awareness from Perraud and indeed one of the central defenders who should have been holding the line and directing the play

I agree that Perraud got sucked into a central position, but Elynoussi has to take some blame, he could see that Perraud was out of position so he should have got back & provided some cover.
Perraud on 15:50 - Mar 20 with 2375 viewsrobcoe5

I also looked at the match and Perraud winger kept drifting inside leaving the gap for Poro and a numerous amount of times Perraud and the manager, sella’s kept asking elyounoussi to track back and cover the space but still didn’t do the hard yards.
Perraud on 16:15 - Mar 20 with 2359 viewsBerber

Perraud on 11:55 - Mar 19 by saint22

i disagree with this, i think he feels he knows he has to double up with Elyounoussi in front of him so is trying to second guess
If he goes early it leave s gap behind if he stays it leaves one in front as Moi never tracks back
Look at him for the first spurs goal jogging back

Yep, it is Elyounoussi that is too slow and gets pulled out of position. KWP drifts off as much as Perraud, but I don’t recall many pointing out those deficits at the beginning of the season, and the last one too, when we conceded again and again down out right flank.
Perraud on 17:52 - Mar 20 with 2339 viewsGRIM

Perraud on 16:15 - Mar 20 by Berber

Yep, it is Elyounoussi that is too slow and gets pulled out of position. KWP drifts off as much as Perraud, but I don’t recall many pointing out those deficits at the beginning of the season, and the last one too, when we conceded again and again down out right flank.

Neither KWP or Perraud are great defenders. They both have great energy & are good going forward.
But the modern wing back role means that it leaves space for the opposition to exploit.
The game has changed a lot since the days of Franny Benali & Jason Dodd.
Perraud on 18:09 - Mar 20 with 2326 viewsBerber

Perraud on 17:52 - Mar 20 by GRIM

Neither KWP or Perraud are great defenders. They both have great energy & are good going forward.
But the modern wing back role means that it leaves space for the opposition to exploit.
The game has changed a lot since the days of Franny Benali & Jason Dodd.

When we lose the ball, the midfield are supposed to cover for them. We seldom do, which is why the CBS get a pasting from the fans. Bednarek, Stephens, Vestegaard, Salisu, Lyanco, Car have all had grief for not covering those gaps. The opposition know that if they keep players out wide, near the line, we give them space.
Perraud on 18:27 - Mar 20 with 2321 viewsIanSouthstander

Perraud on 11:05 - Mar 19 by SaintNick

I have been saying this all season, his positional sense isn't great, but also he lacks a bit of an engine to get up and down the flanks, in the United game last week, an attack broke down and they counter attacked us, Perraud was jogging back and was passed by a sprinting JWP trying to get back behind the ball.

He is a good squad players, but as I have said in the preview and todays verdict due up any minute, we should have played Maitland- Niles at right back and KWP at left.

Sorry Nick, i can't agree with this.

Perraud is our joint 3rd leading goalscorer and is 3rd in assists. (shows just how bad we've been).

Maitland -Niles has contributed precisely ......nothing.

Perraud should start every game for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024