Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bentley gone 18:05 - Mar 27 with 18505 viewsjudd

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/march/clubstatementjimbentley_270323
[Post edited 27 Mar 2023 18:08]

Poll: What is it to be then?

Bentley gone on 18:14 - Mar 27 with 8648 viewsIOMDale

I liked Jim ad a bloke but it was clear he didn’t have the tactical nous or motivational skills we needed. However, it should be acknowledged that he inherited one of the worst, if not the worst ‘Dale squad, in living memory.

I can’t see anybody having been lined up beforehand (aside from KH, perhaps) so it’ll be interesting to see who gets linked. I don’t envy the board this next appointment at all.

Edit: Sorry, just noticed Jim is in charge for the rest of the season, which makes sense.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2023 18:16]

UTDNFS

Bentley gone on 18:30 - Mar 27 with 8478 views442Dale

It’s a shame it didn’t work out but it was clear it wasn’t weeks ago and unfortunately it’s been left almost certainly too late to make a difference.

There has to be a further statement from the club/chairman to follow.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bentley gone on 18:31 - Mar 27 with 8468 viewsJimmyRustler

The question is, why now?
Bentley gone on 18:33 - Mar 27 with 8431 views442Dale

Bentley gone on 18:31 - Mar 27 by JimmyRustler

The question is, why now?

That and a thorough, transparent explanation of where we are as a club is the least supporters deserve.

It’s a struggle to make sense of many things at the moment.

Bentley gone on 18:34 - Mar 27 with 8421 viewsblackdogblue

2 points on ^^

Should have been a couple of months ago…
Why not now…. 🤷‍♂️

What goes on behind the scenes nobody knows..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Bentley gone on 18:34 - Mar 27 with 8418 viewsKingstdale

I take it as the board have accepted relegation and will recruit for National League in the summer.
Bentley gone on 18:37 - Mar 27 with 8368 viewsSuddenLad

I can't see any way that Jimmy McNulty will be taking the job on a permanent basis, so there needs to be a speedy appointment so that the new incumbent can assess who stays and goes.

A poisoned chalice now. The next manager will be taking us down (likely as not) so it's not a great start to any managerial career.

If the decision was going to be made, it should have been done weeks ago. Despite the Chairman saying that there would be no further managerial changes this season.

The circus rolls on.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Bentley gone on 18:43 - Mar 27 with 8275 viewsR17ALE

Bentley gone on 18:37 - Mar 27 by SuddenLad

I can't see any way that Jimmy McNulty will be taking the job on a permanent basis, so there needs to be a speedy appointment so that the new incumbent can assess who stays and goes.

A poisoned chalice now. The next manager will be taking us down (likely as not) so it's not a great start to any managerial career.

If the decision was going to be made, it should have been done weeks ago. Despite the Chairman saying that there would be no further managerial changes this season.

The circus rolls on.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Bentley gone on 18:46 - Mar 27 with 8229 viewsjudd

Bentley gone on 18:43 - Mar 27 by R17ALE

One of the best bits of a brilliant comedy series ever

Poll: What is it to be then?

Bentley gone on 18:51 - Mar 27 with 8149 viewsjoecooke

I know we all say that the next appointment of Manager is crucial but this one really is.

I really hope that our Academy and our future cheap/free signings are paramount in any new managers thoughts ,as thats where we will bear fruit.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Bentley gone on 18:52 - Mar 27 with 8139 viewsR17ALE

Bentley gone on 18:46 - Mar 27 by judd

One of the best bits of a brilliant comedy series ever

I know. So many young'uns haven't even heard of this sitcom which I think was released about 20 years ago, and is up there with any British sit com ever!

It's on BBC iplayer at the moment.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Bentley gone on 18:55 - Mar 27 with 8081 views442Dale

Bentley gone on 18:51 - Mar 27 by joecooke

I know we all say that the next appointment of Manager is crucial but this one really is.

I really hope that our Academy and our future cheap/free signings are paramount in any new managers thoughts ,as thats where we will bear fruit.

Unfortunately the waters have been muddied by the interview they chairman gave on Saturday. Potential managers and their agents will want a proper explanation of what changes to the footballing structure means.

Along with the rest of us.

Bentley gone on 18:59 - Mar 27 with 8010 viewsMicky_French

Aidy White - Player/Manager
Bentley gone on 19:01 - Mar 27 with 7978 viewsDaleFan7

Unless he's agreed to take virtually no severance pay, I really don't understand the timing of this.

Like others have said, he should have gone months ago when we had a chance to stay up. Even more mind boggling is the article says McNulty in charge until the end of the season. Hopefully this is just to mask someone coming in. If they don't have someone lined up to come and see what they have and plan for next season then it makes it all the more baffling.

We were getting spanked with McNulty in charged last time so what's the point in paying Bentley an extra few months pay off without a change in results, even if we are already down.
Bentley gone on 19:13 - Mar 27 with 7803 viewsBigKindo

The parting of the ways is perhaps ten games too late.
Bentley gone on 19:16 - Mar 27 with 7764 viewsNorthernDale

With 8 games to go, I am surprised, I thought the club would wait to the summer, then decide on his future. The problem is the board will spend weeks selecting a manager, as the club slides into chaos.

The thought of McNulty being in charge is scary, the man showed in the early part of the season, that he is clueless and could not manage to run a bath, never mind the first team, I would bring back KH for the remaining games, then promote him to D.o.F and allow the board time to select a new manager on a 1 year rolling contract.
Bentley gone on 19:18 - Mar 27 with 7725 viewsD_Alien

After the SG interview was aired on here, i asked the question: has Jim Bentley seen this?

Can't help but think that an "exchange of views" has taken place, leading to the parting of the ways

It'd certainly help explain "why now" since the timing is bloody hopeless

[Post edited 27 Mar 2023 19:19]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bentley gone on 19:21 - Mar 27 with 7689 viewsTrev

Never felt more indifferent to a Dale managerial sacking. Such strange timing.
Bentley gone on 19:21 - Mar 27 with 7688 viewsfinberty

Bentley gone on 19:16 - Mar 27 by NorthernDale

With 8 games to go, I am surprised, I thought the club would wait to the summer, then decide on his future. The problem is the board will spend weeks selecting a manager, as the club slides into chaos.

The thought of McNulty being in charge is scary, the man showed in the early part of the season, that he is clueless and could not manage to run a bath, never mind the first team, I would bring back KH for the remaining games, then promote him to D.o.F and allow the board time to select a new manager on a 1 year rolling contract.

Harsh on McNulty, that.

Stockdale couldn't get a tune out of these people. And they were mostly his.
Bentley couldn't get a tune out of these people, and some of the newer additions were his.

Stockdale and Bentley each have more managerial experience than McNulty. Why is his temporary period in charge being held against him, given the ludicrous material placed before him?
Bentley gone on 19:25 - Mar 27 with 7590 views442Dale

Bentley gone on 19:21 - Mar 27 by Trev

At least Chaff has an answer to his question now.

Probably the most inexplicable one out of all the choices.

Bentley gone on 19:29 - Mar 27 with 7528 viewsRodingdale

The timing is weird and makes no sense from a football point of view, although I agree there would have been words when Bentley heard the interview, maybe back me or sack me. Just another thought - in Saturdays interview SG seemed almost sanguine about which division we were in next season, as if he had options either way. Maybe after the defeat relegation is probable and the price changed (dropped) and with the price now determined, a prospective buyer becomes ‘ in play’ and makes it clear they want a change of manager / bring their own in. They can’t install their new team until the deal is done, which explains the Jim to the end of the season point.

We will see, but I expect we won’t hear any more for a few weeks.
Bentley gone on 19:30 - Mar 27 with 7518 viewsDrigdale

Bentley gone on 19:21 - Mar 27 by Trev

I don't think the timing is altogether bad. We are certain to be relegated so could use the last few games to give more experience to some of the youth players . Perhaps there may be a hidden gem there.
In addition it may lessen the toxic atmosphere at the last few home games i.e. people chanting for Bentley to be sacked.
Bentley gone on 19:30 - Mar 27 with 7509 views49thseason

Its entirely possible they have reached a mutually satisfactory contract termination. Bentley has looked increasingly stressed as the season has gone on, not good for a man with a history of heart problems. Perhaps his family have told him its time to enjoy the summer free from football headaches.

There is clearly little more he can say or do with this team, they either haven't listened to or couldnt carry out his orders, and the results speak for themselves. Going through managers at a rate of knots is never a good thing, everyone now must do their homework and figure out what they want and not just pick from a beauty parade of the usual suspects. Another thought, maybe this is another step towards announcing a new investor... clearing the decks..
Bentley gone on 19:32 - Mar 27 with 7484 viewsnordenblue

Bentley gone on 19:16 - Mar 27 by NorthernDale

Maybe this "clueless, couldnt run a bath" type guy Jim McNulty is the only one to actually put his hand up to try and help this absolute shit show through the next incoming storm.
Bentley gone on 19:40 - Mar 27 with 7386 viewsDalenet

Bentley gone on 19:30 - Mar 27 by Drigdale

I don't think the timing is altogether bad. We are certain to be relegated so could use the last few games to give more experience to some of the youth players . Perhaps there may be a hidden gem there.
In addition it may lessen the toxic atmosphere at the last few home games i.e. people chanting for Bentley to be sacked.

I want to hope you are right and the kids are given a chance. But I suspect Jim Mc will want to have a go and prove he can manage the team - so will stick to the senior pro's and nothing much will change. I hope I am wrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024