Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread 11:06 - Apr 18 with 25664 viewsDale_4_Life

Big Jim fluffed his lines second half v Bradford.

Tonight there should be no pressure.

Stop the idiotic short goal kicking that nobody wants or enjoys. Play some attacking football in the oppostion half. When play opens up be direct, drive towards goal and get some shots off with venom, ideally on target and follow the shot in with agressive hunting / forward play.

Be tenacious for 90 minutes - run through walls and collapse on your knees at FT.

More of what we saw second half on Saturday is just not acceptable.

Up the Dale I sense a win tonight (although its probably 10 games to late).
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 00:04 - Apr 20 with 2094 viewsirishdale2022

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 00:01 - Apr 20 by TVOS1907

Some are, others aren’t, such as those containing the word ‘expected’.

Good lord indeed.

Whether you accept it as valid statistical evidence or not it’s still a factual measure of observable information. Accepted by the FIFA and all governing football bodies. But off course, you are right…
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 00:04 - Apr 20 with 2119 viewsTVOS1907

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 00:02 - Apr 20 by Sandyman

https://xgscore.io/

xg say it is prediction.

Good lord, you real ale Cem drinker.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 00:06 - Apr 20 with 2070 viewsirishdale2022

xg say it is prediction.

Whether it is a “prediction” or not it is factual to say that this is the xG score for the game. So therefore it’s a fact.
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 00:09 - Apr 20 with 2058 viewsirishdale2022

xg say it is prediction.

Also this is a link to a prediction league. XG relates to the events have happened in a game. Not predicting what might happen.
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 00:09 - Apr 20 with 2083 viewsTVOS1907

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 00:04 - Apr 20 by irishdale2022

Whether you accept it as valid statistical evidence or not it’s still a factual measure of observable information. Accepted by the FIFA and all governing football bodies. But off course, you are right…

I think you’ll find it’s ‘of course’, which is an actual fact.

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 00:10 - Apr 20 with 2083 viewsD_Alien

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:58 - Apr 19 by irishdale2022

Did I shout onto the pitch and abuse him? During or after the game? No. I gave my opinion on him and asked for others to do so on a fans forum. Very different to booing a player on a pitch. 👍🏻

So...

Why did you delete your posts in that thread then, including the header?

Eh?

You destroyed your own credibility on "a fans forum" by not having the guts to stick with your opinion, and you know it

[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 0:11]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 00:11 - Apr 20 with 2076 viewsTVOS1907

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 00:09 - Apr 20 by irishdale2022

Also this is a link to a prediction league. XG relates to the events have happened in a game. Not predicting what might happen.

Is the league table decided on XG? Last I heard, it was decided on what actually happened, not what might have.

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 00:14 - Apr 20 with 2037 viewsirishdale2022

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 00:11 - Apr 20 by TVOS1907

Is the league table decided on XG? Last I heard, it was decided on what actually happened, not what might have.

You said I hadn’t provided any facts. I provided evidence that I had. You then said facts aren’t facts. Then your friend put up a prediction League. Now you are talking about league tables when nobody has mentioned them. Once again, Good Lord.
Login to get fewer ads

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 00:19 - Apr 20 with 2043 viewsTVOS1907

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 00:14 - Apr 20 by irishdale2022

You said I hadn’t provided any facts. I provided evidence that I had. You then said facts aren’t facts. Then your friend put up a prediction League. Now you are talking about league tables when nobody has mentioned them. Once again, Good Lord.

You haven’t provided any facts. That is an, erm, indisputable fact.

A league table is a fact, which makes it relevant to this debate.

I like a good stat as much as the next man, especially one based on something that has happened, such as last night being our first ever 2-2 home draw with Tranmere.

But I digress.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 0:24]

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 00:22 - Apr 20 with 2040 viewsSandyman

"Expected goals - what is it?

Expected goals (xG) is a predictive model used to assess every goal-scoring chance, and the likelihood of scoring.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/expected-goals-xg-model-what-is-it

Good lord.
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 00:22 - Apr 20 with 2007 viewsirishdale2022

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 00:19 - Apr 20 by TVOS1907

You haven’t provided any facts. That is an, erm, indisputable fact.

A league table is a fact, which makes it relevant to this debate.

I like a good stat as much as the next man, especially one based on something that has happened, such as last night being our first ever 2-2 home draw with Tranmere.

But I digress.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 0:24]

XG is based on something that has happened. It measure the quality of shots that you have in a game.
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 00:31 - Apr 20 with 2000 viewsTVOS1907

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 00:22 - Apr 20 by irishdale2022

XG is based on something that has happened. It measure the quality of shots that you have in a game.

From what I recall you first mentioned it by saying we had a higher XG than either Bradford or Tranmere (can’t remember which and you didn’t produce any evidence either), in some strange attempt to justify the style of play we’ve been using.

We took one point from those games and are about to be relegated, which are the only ‘facts’ that matter.

By the way, funny how both yourself and Watson have referred to a poster’s “friend”.

Hmm….
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 0:37]

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 00:31 - Apr 20 with 1997 viewsTVOS1907

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 00:22 - Apr 20 by Sandyman

"Expected goals - what is it?

Expected goals (xG) is a predictive model used to assess every goal-scoring chance, and the likelihood of scoring.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/expected-goals-xg-model-what-is-it

Good lord.

It’s a FACT, my friend.

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 01:15 - Apr 20 with 1970 viewsSandyman

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 00:31 - Apr 20 by TVOS1907

From what I recall you first mentioned it by saying we had a higher XG than either Bradford or Tranmere (can’t remember which and you didn’t produce any evidence either), in some strange attempt to justify the style of play we’ve been using.

We took one point from those games and are about to be relegated, which are the only ‘facts’ that matter.

By the way, funny how both yourself and Watson have referred to a poster’s “friend”.

Hmm….
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 0:37]

Two "friends" / alter-ego's in "Watson" and "Irish", who are so far away they don't know who is who in the Dale fanbase, yet both invent in their minds who is a friend with who based on no FACTs whatsoever. Trolling on the boundary of lunacy.

Edit:
Good Lord.
REAL ALE.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 1:18]
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 13:05 - Apr 20 with 1553 viewsNigelWatson

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 00:22 - Apr 20 by irishdale2022

You're wasting your time - like trying to explain nuclear physics to a grasshopper.
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 13:43 - Apr 20 with 1491 viewsAtThePeake

On the 'Gerrit Forrud' front...

According to Opta data Taylor made 13 passes into the final third on Tuesday night. 4 of them found a Dale shirt. I remember counting 9 what I would call 'long balls' from him, , one of which found a Dale shirt (Henderson's stretched header which was a quarter chance at best and went flying over the bar). I assume the 3 successful passes I didn't count were low passes on the deck which found a forward that was just about in the final third, i.e. 35 yards out, undoubtedly facing his own goal.

Yeah, it's frustrating when we try and play out from the back and concede stupid goals, but thumping the ball forward constantly like Taylor loves to do barely ever works and just constantly gives the opposition possession back. It's so predictable and so bad to watch.

Tangled up in blue.

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 13:57 - Apr 20 with 1453 viewsAtThePeake

I really wish people would stop reading so much into manager interviews, too.

If Jim wants the job, then he's going to need these players still on his side in these final three matches. He needs them to feel like he'll fight their corner and he needs the players to be saying, if the board ask the players for their thoughts on him, that they want to play for him next season. The players' opinions and feelings are far more important to him than the supporters' right now. We may feel that we have a say in getting a manager pushed out, but the reality is that the players decide a manager's fate. Supporters will only turn when results aren't acceptable, and results will be unacceptable as a result of poor performance of the players.

What a manager says in a press conference is not necessarily what they actually think or feel. The sooner people realise these interviews are mostly used to feed the players' egos with platitudes and clichés and that they mean next to nothing in the grand scheme of things, the better. There is zero point whatsoever in getting worked up by them.

Tangled up in blue.

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 14:11 - Apr 20 with 1423 viewsjudd

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 13:05 - Apr 20 by NigelWatson

You're wasting your time - like trying to explain nuclear physics to a grasshopper.

What about Young Boys?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 14:44 - Apr 20 with 1368 viewsTalkingSutty

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 13:43 - Apr 20 by AtThePeake

On the 'Gerrit Forrud' front...

According to Opta data Taylor made 13 passes into the final third on Tuesday night. 4 of them found a Dale shirt. I remember counting 9 what I would call 'long balls' from him, , one of which found a Dale shirt (Henderson's stretched header which was a quarter chance at best and went flying over the bar). I assume the 3 successful passes I didn't count were low passes on the deck which found a forward that was just about in the final third, i.e. 35 yards out, undoubtedly facing his own goal.

Yeah, it's frustrating when we try and play out from the back and concede stupid goals, but thumping the ball forward constantly like Taylor loves to do barely ever works and just constantly gives the opposition possession back. It's so predictable and so bad to watch.

So that just shows why we deserve to be bottom of the league, we are useless at trying to play the ball out of defence and useless at going long to the forwards. Opta data means very little if your players aren't fit for purpose. It's what happens in both boxes that counts and everything in between is just foreplay.
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 14:48 - Apr 20 with 1348 viewsTalkingSutty

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 13:57 - Apr 20 by AtThePeake

If Jim wants the job, then he's going to need these players still on his side in these final three matches. He needs them to feel like he'll fight their corner and he needs the players to be saying, if the board ask the players for their thoughts on him, that they want to play for him next season. The players' opinions and feelings are far more important to him than the supporters' right now. We may feel that we have a say in getting a manager pushed out, but the reality is that the players decide a manager's fate. Supporters will only turn when results aren't acceptable, and results will be unacceptable as a result of poor performance of the players.

What a manager says in a press conference is not necessarily what they actually think or feel. The sooner people realise these interviews are mostly used to feed the players' egos with platitudes and clichés and that they mean next to nothing in the grand scheme of things, the better. There is zero point whatsoever in getting worked up by them.

If you read the room though and listen to the fans in the bars before the game etc there are very few fans who want to see Mc Nulty given the job. The style of football is garbage to watch, it was against Bradford and for the majority of the game it was against Tranmere. It's not a case of if Jim wants the job, he shouldn't get to decide. The players thoughts count for nothing, the majority of them are a waste of space and shouldn't be at the club.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 14:50]
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 14:49 - Apr 20 with 1347 viewsD_Alien

It's a fair point, but there's one essential thing missing, which is that neither the manager or players would be here but for the fans that turn up week in week out, and many would struggle to be on similar wages elsewhere, if at all

That's notwithstanding the financial input from the BoD, too. Unless fans continue to turn up, there'd be no point in the club existing, and the stands/terraces making their views known during the course of the game is a fair reflection on whether they're going to be more or less inclined to continue to turn up, unless a change is made to either tactics or personnel

Putting yourself in the position of your fellow professionals during interviews when people have dashed home from jobs they may not like which pay less, to witness what we saw in the first half on Tuesday just won't be left without comment

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 14:53 - Apr 20 with 1338 viewspioneer

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 14:11 - Apr 20 by judd

What about Young Boys?

Young Boys….the only team whose stadium you cannot use on this forum!
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 14:56 - Apr 20 with 1333 viewsTalkingSutty

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 14:49 - Apr 20 by D_Alien

It's a fair point, but there's one essential thing missing, which is that neither the manager or players would be here but for the fans that turn up week in week out, and many would struggle to be on similar wages elsewhere, if at all

That's notwithstanding the financial input from the BoD, too. Unless fans continue to turn up, there'd be no point in the club existing, and the stands/terraces making their views known during the course of the game is a fair reflection on whether they're going to be more or less inclined to continue to turn up, unless a change is made to either tactics or personnel

Putting yourself in the position of your fellow professionals during interviews when people have dashed home from jobs they may not like which pay less, to witness what we saw in the first half on Tuesday just won't be left without comment

Some fans condone it though.They'll put up with anything. McNulty has been just as culpable as any of the players over the last 3 or 4 years, he's been a bits and pieces squad player who's been helping to coach these players over the last year or two. That tells me all I need to know. They're all lads together.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 14:57]
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 15:07 - Apr 20 with 1291 viewsAtThePeake

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 14:44 - Apr 20 by TalkingSutty

So that just shows why we deserve to be bottom of the league, we are useless at trying to play the ball out of defence and useless at going long to the forwards. Opta data means very little if your players aren't fit for purpose. It's what happens in both boxes that counts and everything in between is just foreplay.

Correct. We can moan all day about styles of play but it's pretty much irrelevant if the players aren't good enough. These players aren't good enough.

Tangled up in blue.

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 15:11 - Apr 20 with 1279 views442Dale

I can totally appreciate what he’s trying to do, but it’s that he could have achieved the exact same thing by not even referring in any way to the supporters. It’s an unnecessary distraction that gets managers caught up in a situation they don’t need to be in.

As for the general point about not reading too much into interviews, that’s very valid as much was made about the team following a plan and particular way of playing. The one after Tuesday gave mixed messages on that front when asked what the philosophy is… so now people aren’t sure what this philosophy is!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024