Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stockport...a wall of noise? 06:37 - Apr 19 with 4587 viewsTalkingSutty

It's going to happen at Stockport, the footballing gods have now decreed that will be the day.

The media will be out in force of course, hunting for grown men and small children crying. Looking for their pound of flesh and so will the gloating Stockport fans. As proud battle hardened Rochdale fans can I respectfully request that we do the complete opposite and unite as one throughout the game. No grow men and woman crying for the cameras to pick up, do it behind closed doors instead.We aren't bury.

Let's bring our songs and do the opposite to what they all want, let's go down singing and in particular raise the roof for the moments leading up to the final whistle and create a wall of noise. Let's also remember that this is only football and contrary to popular belief it's not life or death, health,family and friends are much more important. It's not the end neither, everything always happens for a reason.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 7:31]
Stockport...a wall of noise? on 07:16 - Apr 19 with 4505 viewsmeeee

I rememeber the relegation away at Chesterfield there was a 40 minute non stop rendition of John Colemans barmy army and the atmosphere was fantastic. Even as the two Chesterfield goals went in the chant got even louder

[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 7:18]
Stockport...a wall of noise? on 07:30 - Apr 19 with 4467 viewsTalkingSutty

Stockport...a wall of noise? on 07:16 - Apr 19 by meeee

I rememeber the relegation away at Chesterfield there was a 40 minute non stop rendition of John Colemans barmy army and the atmosphere was fantastic. Even as the two Chesterfield goals went in the chant got even louder

[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 7:18]

Yes, i was at that game. 'Up the Dale' would be my preferred chant. A classic and the words are easy to remember😀
Stockport...a wall of noise? on 07:45 - Apr 19 with 4425 viewsD_Alien

Stockport...a wall of noise? on 07:30 - Apr 19 by TalkingSutty

Yes, i was at that game. 'Up the Dale' would be my preferred chant. A classic and the words are easy to remember😀

With you all the way, TS

We, the fans, can at least go out with our heads held high

Let's turn these last three games into a celebration of ourselves, by any standard the most loyal and deserving bunch in the entire EFL

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stockport...a wall of noise? on 08:07 - Apr 19 with 4370 viewsTalkingSutty

Stockport...a wall of noise? on 07:45 - Apr 19 by D_Alien

With you all the way, TS

We, the fans, can at least go out with our heads held high

Let's turn these last three games into a celebration of ourselves, by any standard the most loyal and deserving bunch in the entire EFL

I'm obviously biased. The overwhelming majority of our fans are the best in the land, i honestly believe that. Look how we all came together to protect the club over the last couple of years, fans buying shares and donating to bucket collections every game. Everybody played their part and we only have a small fan base.The social side of attending games and seeing the same old faces, having a chat and a laugh etc is invariably the best part of the day. It's definitely been that way over the last three or four years. That's why it winds me up when the fans are ignored by people who should know better. Maybe some of them haven't spent their life's invested in the club and don't feel the same connection as us, that's all i can think
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 8:22]
Stockport...a wall of noise? on 14:53 - Apr 21 with 3342 viewsHatter1

Hi, Stockport fan in peace.... wanted to wish you all well tomorrow no matter what the outcome. I know most of you guys think stockport hate Rochdale but I love teams like you because clubs like ours are the heartbeat of football. Gutted if you and hartlepool fall out of the league. I've been supporting county for 45 years and seen it all but ill never forget the games at the bottom of the old4th division when the biggest cheer we had was the pies turning up before half time. I know we need the points too and only wish this didn't have to happen tomorrow. Hopefully some local businessman will step in and get you back. Genuinely good luck
Stockport...a wall of noise? on 17:29 - Apr 21 with 3061 viewsThreeLions

Stockport...a wall of noise? on 14:53 - Apr 21 by Hatter1

Hi, Stockport fan in peace.... wanted to wish you all well tomorrow no matter what the outcome. I know most of you guys think stockport hate Rochdale but I love teams like you because clubs like ours are the heartbeat of football. Gutted if you and hartlepool fall out of the league. I've been supporting county for 45 years and seen it all but ill never forget the games at the bottom of the old4th division when the biggest cheer we had was the pies turning up before half time. I know we need the points too and only wish this didn't have to happen tomorrow. Hopefully some local businessman will step in and get you back. Genuinely good luck

Reading your yellow board forum I beg to differ that you have a dislike for us with many posters wishing us our demise.
Stockport...a wall of noise? on 17:42 - Apr 21 with 3034 viewsWirralDale

Stockport...a wall of noise? on 17:29 - Apr 21 by ThreeLions

Reading your yellow board forum I beg to differ that you have a dislike for us with many posters wishing us our demise.

I've also seen County's forum and many of the Stockport fans would prefer a local team to stay in the EFL and know we've been through difficult times recently. Hatter1 seems quite genuine.

Most fans - of any club - would not wish a rival team to be relegated. We should be rivals but not bitter ones.

There are too many negative comments and infighting on our forum, sadly.

Up the Dale! Hoping for a miracle....
Stockport...a wall of noise? on 18:56 - Apr 21 with 2864 viewsHatter1

Stockport...a wall of noise? on 17:29 - Apr 21 by ThreeLions

From what I can make out with a minority of Stockport fans is that there were again a minority of Rochdale fans laughing at our expense when we were relegated out of the league many years ago and now want revenge. But real fans don’t want this as I hope you realise from me taking the time to say all this. Really wish it wasn’t all on tomorrows match but unfortunately I think the damage is done even if you beat us. I’m gutted because your a great club. And I even had trials with you as a 16 yo. All I can say is get behind your team no matter what and if you do go down be there again next season because your club will need you more than ever.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024