Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
D Mani Mellor 14:32 - Apr 24 with 6179 viewsArthurDaley

Just seen this on Sky Sports news Rochdale AFC can confirm that an alleged incident of racist abuse, directed towards D Mani Mellor has been reported to the relevant authorities

A large VAT Dave

D Mani Mellor on 14:49 - Apr 24 with 6075 viewsBrierls

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/april/clubstatement_dmanimellor_230422/
D Mani Mellor on 15:10 - Apr 24 with 5962 viewsDale_4_Life

Just more moronic behavior if true.
D Mani Mellor on 18:19 - Apr 24 with 5651 viewsNorthernDale

I have notice an increase in anti-social attitude in this season among some small minority of fans, with flares for example, but stoop to shouting out or making racist comments to somebody is beyond the pale.

Yes, we were all unhappy, but moaning and criticising the team in one thing, but derogatory or racist comments is not acceptable. I hope the person in question as the decency to realise the embarrassment they have caused the club and the offence it as caused to Mellor, but even to players like EEL, Rodney or Sinclair, would you want play for and crucially bust a gut for, when some fans may make racist comments, I would not.
D Mani Mellor on 18:24 - Apr 24 with 5625 viewsSuddenLad

D Mani Mellor on 18:19 - Apr 24 by NorthernDale

I have notice an increase in anti-social attitude in this season among some small minority of fans, with flares for example, but stoop to shouting out or making racist comments to somebody is beyond the pale.

Yes, we were all unhappy, but moaning and criticising the team in one thing, but derogatory or racist comments is not acceptable. I hope the person in question as the decency to realise the embarrassment they have caused the club and the offence it as caused to Mellor, but even to players like EEL, Rodney or Sinclair, would you want play for and crucially bust a gut for, when some fans may make racist comments, I would not.

There must be people in the vicinity of these airheads when they start racially abusing people and letting off flares. For the good of everybody, they need identifying to the nearest steward and dealing with. Life bans and nothing less.

We don't want them anywhere near our club. They aren't fans, they are just thugs using the club as a vehicle to accommodate their vile behaviour.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

D Mani Mellor on 18:43 - Apr 24 with 5571 viewsNewbury_Dale

It is getting unbearable watching a game from the Sandy Lane these days. Feral kids making mischief constantly. Where have they all appeared from ? I assume it's as a consequence of the Overcoaters attempts to consolidate fans in the same end. Will have to give the main stand a go next year.
D Mani Mellor on 19:48 - Apr 24 with 5372 viewsEllDale

I can relate to those sentiments.
I moved from my regular spot of over 40 years earlier this season after being nearly bowled over in a stampede by the chav element who were running to the end of the stand to goad visiting supporters.
And from the evidence of the toilets much of this behaviour is drug fuelled.
When the Overcoaters set up the idea was, I recall, that they would be self policing.
That notion seems to have disappeared and anarchy rules.
D Mani Mellor on 19:56 - Apr 24 with 5347 viewskel

D Mani Mellor on 18:43 - Apr 24 by Newbury_Dale

It is getting unbearable watching a game from the Sandy Lane these days. Feral kids making mischief constantly. Where have they all appeared from ? I assume it's as a consequence of the Overcoaters attempts to consolidate fans in the same end. Will have to give the main stand a go next year.

Can’t beat a bit of main stand viewing. The younger scrote element may view us as moaners and boring but I’m happy with that as it means I’m not costing the club money having to police the likes of them.

I know who I blame for that group appearing from nowhere and they can try to distance themselves from as much as they like but it doesn’t fool the decent supporters amongst us.
D Mani Mellor on 20:49 - Apr 24 with 5158 viewsJames1980

D Mani Mellor on 19:56 - Apr 24 by kel

Can’t beat a bit of main stand viewing. The younger scrote element may view us as moaners and boring but I’m happy with that as it means I’m not costing the club money having to police the likes of them.

I know who I blame for that group appearing from nowhere and they can try to distance themselves from as much as they like but it doesn’t fool the decent supporters amongst us.

I know there is the whole not much to cheer argument. But how many home games have The Overcoaters been the 12 man this season?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

D Mani Mellor on 23:14 - Apr 24 with 4905 viewsDalenet

and the fighting on the streets after the games. After the Tranmere game our yoof were trying to cause a fight on the Wilbutts Lane near to the shop at Edenfield Road. It scared some people including the club chaplain who retreated back from where he came. Its not on. We can't afford the police bill and we need people to feel that Spotland is a safe place. Its getting worse. Normally I would argue that we are so desperate for fans that everybody should be encouraged to watch us - but not this group. James - this is the type of 12th man we don't need.
D Mani Mellor on 12:42 - Apr 26 with 4430 viewsrod_leach

D Mani Mellor on 20:49 - Apr 24 by James1980

I know there is the whole not much to cheer argument. But how many home games have The Overcoaters been the 12 man this season?

Zero?
D Mani Mellor on 15:33 - Apr 26 with 4179 viewsAlwaysADale

D Mani Mellor on 23:14 - Apr 24 by Dalenet

and the fighting on the streets after the games. After the Tranmere game our yoof were trying to cause a fight on the Wilbutts Lane near to the shop at Edenfield Road. It scared some people including the club chaplain who retreated back from where he came. Its not on. We can't afford the police bill and we need people to feel that Spotland is a safe place. Its getting worse. Normally I would argue that we are so desperate for fans that everybody should be encouraged to watch us - but not this group. James - this is the type of 12th man we don't need.

Sadly, this has become the reason I very rarely bring my four year old. I will find childcare or won't attend myself.

Got him a season ticket for the first time, but because I have to walk past this scene at the end of most games. I won't risk him. It's just embarrassing.
D Mani Mellor on 15:48 - Apr 26 with 4145 viewsJames1980

D Mani Mellor on 12:42 - Apr 26 by rod_leach

Zero?

Such a shame because surely the singing section was started to create a positive atmosphere within the ground that would inspire and encourage the team.

D Mani Mellor on 16:16 - Apr 26 with 4100 viewsBluebottle

Same here, I wouldn't dream of taking my 12 and 7 year old in the Sandy whilst it is full of these clowns.
The majority of them were already residents of Pearl Street and behaving like idiots, egged on by supposed adults who saw them as a surrogate for their own past activities following RAFC.
In the Pearl St though they were controllable, being more visible and neatly layed out they could be spotted, monitored and dealt with. Sadly the invitation to them to become 'Overcoaters' has led to them being given the opportunity to move around the Sandy incognito , along with their smoke bombs, cocaine and their Fagin like mentors.
I hate sitting in the main stand but sadly it may come to that because if I hear another of the little darlings shouting spastic, mong etc in earshot of autistic kids and others I may not be quite as polite as to have been this season.
D Mani Mellor on 16:30 - Apr 26 with 4066 viewsChaffRAFC

D Mani Mellor on 16:16 - Apr 26 by Bluebottle

Same here, I wouldn't dream of taking my 12 and 7 year old in the Sandy whilst it is full of these clowns.
The majority of them were already residents of Pearl Street and behaving like idiots, egged on by supposed adults who saw them as a surrogate for their own past activities following RAFC.
In the Pearl St though they were controllable, being more visible and neatly layed out they could be spotted, monitored and dealt with. Sadly the invitation to them to become 'Overcoaters' has led to them being given the opportunity to move around the Sandy incognito , along with their smoke bombs, cocaine and their Fagin like mentors.
I hate sitting in the main stand but sadly it may come to that because if I hear another of the little darlings shouting spastic, mong etc in earshot of autistic kids and others I may not be quite as polite as to have been this season.

The Bradford game was a joke. I've taken my son in the Sandy Lane for years now and the Bradford game was the first time I've ever had to up and leave. These so-called fans were setting off smoke bombs in our own stand and provoking the away supporters, causing my son to get upset and overwhelmed.

Thankfully, a wonderful steward allowed us, and several other families, to move over to the Family Stand for the remainder of the game but this shouldn't happen, ever.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

D Mani Mellor on 16:53 - Apr 26 with 4007 viewskel

D Mani Mellor on 16:16 - Apr 26 by Bluebottle

The best summing up of the situation that I’ve seen posted. They’re a true stain on the club but are the first to slate the club for not spending on players etc. If we didn’t have to fork out for extra policing of them then maybe we could have. Unfortunately their tiny minds can’t get their heads around that bit.

The grown man who acts like the pied piper to them (have a look at social media pics of them, some of them look about 11/12) is frankly creepy for knocking about with kids that young.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2023 16:55]
D Mani Mellor on 17:32 - Apr 26 with 3914 viewsBluebottle

D Mani Mellor on 16:53 - Apr 26 by kel

The best summing up of the situation that I’ve seen posted. They’re a true stain on the club but are the first to slate the club for not spending on players etc. If we didn’t have to fork out for extra policing of them then maybe we could have. Unfortunately their tiny minds can’t get their heads around that bit.

The grown man who acts like the pied piper to them (have a look at social media pics of them, some of them look about 11/12) is frankly creepy for knocking about with kids that young.

There's more than just one 'grown man' acting as 'mentor' and cheerleader. A quick look on Facebook and their posts elsewhere show the same individuals commonly appear.
As you say, all a bit creepy.

In a previous job when we had problems with 'youth' causing problems we used to invite head teachers in to look at footage and help us identify and deal with them. We found it very effective and a detterance once word got around.
Wonder how many of the darlings would behave the same way if we got their heads to swap roles with our stewards for game? Or even better get stewards in that can do the job.
D Mani Mellor on 17:50 - Apr 26 with 3871 viewsJames1980

Imo, It was never about cheering the team on for some was it, it was to have those most vocal concentrated in one area to make their feelings about the management and board known.

D Mani Mellor on 17:57 - Apr 26 with 3860 viewsDalenet

The experiences shared on here are a real worry. Can admin forward this thread to Murray at the Trust so he can share with the Dale Board.
D Mani Mellor on 19:56 - Apr 26 with 3648 viewsrod_leach

I had the misfortune to be walking back to the car just in front of one of the main culprits after the Tranmere game. He was shouting 'Inbreds, bin dippers etc etc' at the away fans. One look at him confirmed my suspicion that there was only one inbred fellow in the area.
D Mani Mellor on 21:40 - Apr 26 with 3441 viewsTomRAFC

D Mani Mellor on 17:32 - Apr 26 by Bluebottle

There's more than just one 'grown man' acting as 'mentor' and cheerleader. A quick look on Facebook and their posts elsewhere show the same individuals commonly appear.
As you say, all a bit creepy.

In a previous job when we had problems with 'youth' causing problems we used to invite head teachers in to look at footage and help us identify and deal with them. We found it very effective and a detterance once word got around.
Wonder how many of the darlings would behave the same way if we got their heads to swap roles with our stewards for game? Or even better get stewards in that can do the job.

Using teachers is a brilliant idea.

Ironic given the amount of people suggesting the club to go into more schools...

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

D Mani Mellor on 22:25 - Apr 26 with 3330 viewsR17ALE

D Mani Mellor on 16:53 - Apr 26 by kel

At the last home game as I wandered in through the Sandy turnstiles, I saw a grown man put his arm round a young over-coater in a way that reminded me of being in Thailand on a lads do.

These kids are about 12 or 13. Something needs to be done.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024