Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shares Update 17:09 - Apr 26 with 5590 viewsSuddenLad

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/april/notification-of-available-shares--

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Shares Update on 17:19 - Apr 26 with 5538 viewsBrierls

Some more welcome and transparent information from the club.

The optimist in me hopes that table will have a few more names on it soon.

We can’t argue that we don’t know how things stand right now. Some may label this increased communication from the club as a ‘charm offensive’ to show fans they do communicate, you’d struggle to argue against anybody holding that view, but it’s important information considering public and non-public interest in the club.
Shares Update on 17:25 - Apr 26 with 5510 views442Dale

Interesting.

And somewhat convenient timing.

All that matters is Rochdale Football Club and its supporters.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Shares Update on 17:40 - Apr 26 with 5441 viewsBluebottle

Seems to me that the board are putting their cards on the table and saying to Mr Dunphy to do the same. As well as pointing out to some of their more vocal detractors just what they have done themselves to show their commitment to the club.
I agree that this Is stuff that should have been said a while ago and communication hasn't been brilliant, but I have some sympathy for them going into bunker mode given the horrific abuse thrown at them and their families from some quarters.
Shares Update on 17:51 - Apr 26 with 5399 viewsDalenet

Very helpful and stops speculation on here. My observations are:

1. If somebody wants to buy all the remaining unsold shares they could control 27.8% of the shares. That is insufficient to control the club and will thus need to also buy out other shareholders if they want 50%+ control.

2. The Board are very very invested in the club. The Chairman has put around £1/4m into the club and the abuse he gets is hard to see. Criticism of actions is one thing, but abuse is not on. He has done what none of the abusers would do.

3. The Board own 391,000 shares between them. Thats 40% of the owned shares, or 30% of all the shares available. That is an investment of £920,000. One heck of a commitment from volunteers who won't profit from their work at the club.

4. The Trust is the largest shareholder - but still only owns 9.7% of all the available shares. Is there a plan to try and grow that? The Trust AGM had no specific plan ot target. Has that changed?
[Post edited 26 Apr 2023 18:20]
Shares Update on 18:15 - Apr 26 with 5292 viewskel

I don’t know owt about share stuff really but what does the article posted on companies house today mean? Apologies if I’m being thick.
Shares Update on 18:22 - Apr 26 with 5239 viewsNewbury_Dale

Are we to assume the BODs paid £2.35 for their shares too ? Potentially not if they bought them via Morton House ?
Shares Update on 18:26 - Apr 26 with 5221 viewsDalenet

Shares Update on 18:22 - Apr 26 by Newbury_Dale

Are we to assume the BODs paid £2.35 for their shares too ? Potentially not if they bought them via Morton House ?

I think they declared that as the amount paid for the Morton House shares when they announced the last share issue at £2.35. It was to justify why the share price had moved from £2 to £2.35.
Shares Update on 18:26 - Apr 26 with 5218 viewsjudd

Shares Update on 18:15 - Apr 26 by kel

I don’t know owt about share stuff really but what does the article posted on companies house today mean? Apologies if I’m being thick.

It says 74,381 shares have recently been sold at £2.35 each. Its a statutory document.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

Shares Update on 18:28 - Apr 26 with 5212 viewsDalenet

Shares Update on 18:15 - Apr 26 by kel

Its just an update that 74,000 shares have been sold since they last updated the records. Doesn't mean that only one person has bought them or that they bought them in recent days - its an administrative process to update records.
Shares Update on 18:29 - Apr 26 with 5200 viewskel

Cheers both.
Shares Update on 00:45 - Apr 27 with 4672 viewsSandyman

The statement on the official site yesterday showing share ownership numbers reveals a lot.

Compare that with a confirmation statement from Companies House from last year. It shows who put significant personal funds into the club to get the monkey of Moron House off our back. Moron House was a scurrilous organisation aided by David Bottomley. We should thank those who backed RAFC for their contributions.

Something none of the half-wits screeching "Gauge Out" and "sack the board" on Facebook and tw@tter have ever contributed a penny towards. I'm sure every one of those who offer nothing but abuse is prepared to commit time and funds to buy out this board and have consortiums in place to do so in line with the EFL regulations repeated on the official site on 25th April. Or maybe it is just vacuous shouting by spoilt and not very clever children. Grow up, this is the real world.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2023 0:59]
Shares Update on 08:14 - Apr 27 with 4446 views_Windydale

verbal attacks by the raw and broken,sadly tww@tter has empowered them.. Without contributing anything to get us back up on our feet.. The hysterical primal reactions, of those screaming for the head of gauge on a stick. In verbal volleys, for some, the only way to articulate the pain of relegation. 'Your fickin useless gauge fock off' Only seeing it in black and white. Verbal bombs, the only weapons to punish. Help and suggestions aren't possible, some simply dont have it in their locker
Shares Update on 08:58 - Apr 27 with 4381 viewsDaleiLama

Shares Update on 00:45 - Apr 27 by Sandyman

The statement on the official site yesterday showing share ownership numbers reveals a lot.

Compare that with a confirmation statement from Companies House from last year. It shows who put significant personal funds into the club to get the monkey of Moron House off our back. Moron House was a scurrilous organisation aided by David Bottomley. We should thank those who backed RAFC for their contributions.

Something none of the half-wits screeching "Gauge Out" and "sack the board" on Facebook and tw@tter have ever contributed a penny towards. I'm sure every one of those who offer nothing but abuse is prepared to commit time and funds to buy out this board and have consortiums in place to do so in line with the EFL regulations repeated on the official site on 25th April. Or maybe it is just vacuous shouting by spoilt and not very clever children. Grow up, this is the real world.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2023 0:59]

Indeed Sandyman, by my reckoning, assuming SG bought 25k shares at £2 when he took over as Chairman and the balance at £2.35, he's put a few coppers short of £251k into RAFC.

Not caring and trying to wreck the club are ludicrous charges levelled by vacant idiots incapable of serious thought. There are opinions, probably like a lot of what they contribute, are worthless and counter-productive.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Shares Update on 10:08 - Apr 27 with 4224 viewsThreeLions

I do know of another board member who has poured in £250k of his own money too. He isn't best pleased with the abuse they are getting after sticking their necks on the line for the club
Shares Update on 12:44 - Apr 27 with 3939 viewsSuddenLad

Shares Update on 10:08 - Apr 27 by ThreeLions

I do know of another board member who has poured in £250k of his own money too. He isn't best pleased with the abuse they are getting after sticking their necks on the line for the club

I wouldn't be either, and there is no defence whatsoever for those idiots who scream abuse. That said, the people who are the target of the abuse surely realise it is meaningless nonsense, done simply because they think it's funny and clever. Thick scrotes who are a stain on all that the club represents.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Shares Update on 13:00 - Apr 27 with 3890 viewssamueloneils

The combined shareholdings of the current directors plus the Dale Trust and Community Trust add up to a whisker over 50% of the current shares, but only by adding in the shares of Andrew Kelly and Graham Morris does it show a comfortable majority. Let us not forget how important is their continuing support throughout difficult times.

The new Board have done a fantastic job in contiuing to pour money into the club despite the on-pitch performance.

All this is of course subject to change in coming weeks.
Shares Update on 13:29 - Apr 27 with 3783 viewsD_Alien

Shares Update on 13:00 - Apr 27 by samueloneils

The combined shareholdings of the current directors plus the Dale Trust and Community Trust add up to a whisker over 50% of the current shares, but only by adding in the shares of Andrew Kelly and Graham Morris does it show a comfortable majority. Let us not forget how important is their continuing support throughout difficult times.

The new Board have done a fantastic job in contiuing to pour money into the club despite the on-pitch performance.

All this is of course subject to change in coming weeks.

Yes, and never a dull moment being a Dale fan is it - apart from watching some of the football

In CD's statement, i think i'm right in saying he and his consortium were looking to acquire "new shares"

Whilst this is the right thing to do initially, and would inject desperately-needed cash into the club as we prepare for the NL, i'd hope that in time the current board, who've invested so much into keeping the club afloat, will be able to offload some of their shares to either the consortium or whoever eventually we find investing in the club

I'd hope this is one of the points under discussion, as well as meeting the technical requirements for investment. It's going to be very interesting watching how this proceeds

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Shares Update on 13:30 - Apr 27 with 3780 viewskel

Shares Update on 10:08 - Apr 27 by ThreeLions

Unfortunately the ones dealing out the abuse aren’t even sure why they are doing it I don’t think. They just follow the opinion of other idiots as they think it’s the done thing without having the ability to form their own judgements and opinions.

Same as when they partake in Twitter pile ons just because other brain dead idiots that they know are doing it.

This fan base has become riddled with dimwits in the last few years.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2023 13:32]
Shares Update on 13:44 - Apr 27 with 3734 viewsJames1980

There's criticism levelled at the board which has been justified. The accusations and vile abuse are not doing the club any favours and are totally unjustified

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Shares Update on 16:11 - Apr 27 with 3476 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

According to Companies House someone has bought £487,000 worth of shares. I was alerted today.
Shares Update on 16:22 - Apr 27 with 3421 viewsBrierls

Shares Update on 16:11 - Apr 27 by RooleyMoorBlue

According to Companies House someone has bought £487,000 worth of shares. I was alerted today.

Not true. See the comments from judd and Dalenet above.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2023 16:22]
Shares Update on 16:51 - Apr 27 with 3323 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Shares Update on 16:22 - Apr 27 by Brierls

Not true. See the comments from judd and Dalenet above.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2023 16:22]

Fair enough 🤔
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024