Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sutton United (h) Match Thread 17:55 - Apr 28 with 12682 viewsHullDale

The last EFL home game at Spotland for the forseable future...

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 12:17 - Apr 29 with 8414 viewsD_Alien

It somehow seems fitting that our last games are against Sutton & Harrogate, two teams who until very recently we'd have regarded as examples of perennial non-league outfits from the South & North

They'll be our 'superiors' in status next season
[Post edited 29 Apr 2023 12:52]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 14:11 - Apr 29 with 8231 viewsjacko_dale

Would've been nice to see a few more youth team players, but I can't imagine it'll be a great atmosphere for blooding youngsters.
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 14:39 - Apr 29 with 8127 viewsSheffield_dale

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 14:11 - Apr 29 by jacko_dale

Would've been nice to see a few more youth team players, but I can't imagine it'll be a great atmosphere for blooding youngsters.

Also worth playing Ball and John to give them opportunity to prove themselves either at Dale or for another club to have a look.

Zero point in playing any of the loan players/those out of contract. All about prep for next season surely?
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 15:03 - Apr 29 with 8050 viewsDale2017

That lot in the middle of the sandy showing their lack of class yet again booing the team on to the pitch
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 15:05 - Apr 29 with 8041 viewsDale2017

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 15:03 - Apr 29 by Dale2017

That lot in the middle of the sandy showing their lack of class yet again booing the team on to the pitch

And booing EEL each time he gets near the ball.

Don't get why he's been made the scapegoat
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 15:10 - Apr 29 with 8027 viewsTrev

Any minor interest I had in this game was lost when I saw that lineup.
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 16:24 - Apr 29 with 7671 views442Dale

Sutton are an embarrassment. Not so much on the beach but also on it and then back in the bar after.

Only those who pretend they’re clever or claim to know what they’re doing would use today as part of any decision making process.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 17:00 - Apr 29 with 7521 viewsPorlicks

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....

Who are YOU with?

Login to get fewer ads

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 17:16 - Apr 29 with 7404 viewsSaxonDale

Concentrating on us, we got the ball forward whenever possible and mixed up our football- exactly what many have been asking. Well done McNulty for that.
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 17:32 - Apr 29 with 7267 viewsDalenet

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 16:24 - Apr 29 by 442Dale

Sutton are an embarrassment. Not so much on the beach but also on it and then back in the bar after.

Only those who pretend they’re clever or claim to know what they’re doing would use today as part of any decision making process.

We can only play those in front of us. They didn't seem to care but give some credit to our lads for some pretty decent passing play. Just for once, in front of lots of first time fans (kids) in the Pearl Steet we gave them something to think about. Hope some of them come back next season.
Pleased to see us sign off at home with a decent win. From here we rebuild. As for the scotes on the pitch demanding that the board go......not got a full shilling between them. Who is the fat guy with the ginger beard leading the kids on? Ban him.
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 18:05 - Apr 29 with 6996 viewsD_Alien

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 17:16 - Apr 29 by SaxonDale

Concentrating on us, we got the ball forward whenever possible and mixed up our football- exactly what many have been asking. Well done McNulty for that.

No. It's what needed doing from the start

It's actually an insult to do it now, when it means f*ck all

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 18:08 - Apr 29 with 6963 viewsrobtheb

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 17:32 - Apr 29 by Dalenet

We can only play those in front of us. They didn't seem to care but give some credit to our lads for some pretty decent passing play. Just for once, in front of lots of first time fans (kids) in the Pearl Steet we gave them something to think about. Hope some of them come back next season.
Pleased to see us sign off at home with a decent win. From here we rebuild. As for the scotes on the pitch demanding that the board go......not got a full shilling between them. Who is the fat guy with the ginger beard leading the kids on? Ban him.

And who was the woman arguing with the security staff at the players entrance? Think she made an idiot of herself, after some attention I think.
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 18:08 - Apr 29 with 6939 viewsD_Alien

Lots of old-timers in the Sandy i've not seen for donkeys too

We just ask to be entertained, that's all

Overall, we weren't

Edit for off2div1's benefit - "overall" means the whole season, not yesterday. Tch.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2023 12:41]

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 18:09 - Apr 29 with 6928 viewskel

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 18:08 - Apr 29 by robtheb

And who was the woman arguing with the security staff at the players entrance? Think she made an idiot of herself, after some attention I think.

Saw that too. Didn’t see what caused it but she didn’t cover herself in any glory.
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 18:11 - Apr 29 with 6892 viewsdawlishdale

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 18:08 - Apr 29 by robtheb

If you mean the obese woman in the white badly fitting top who was swearing at and pushing the steward; I have no idea, but how sad I feel for her poor kid. Anyhow, she should be easy to identify. Right in front of the Directors Box. Probably the reason the lap of honour/shame was cancelled.
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 18:15 - Apr 29 with 6828 viewskel

Is it the same guy who abuses the opposition subs when they’re warming up on the touch line during games? Stands at the corner of the Sandy and has a severe case of verbal diarrhoea?

The bloke is pathetic.
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 18:23 - Apr 29 with 6732 viewsTomRAFC

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 18:15 - Apr 29 by kel

Is it the same guy who abuses the opposition subs when they’re warming up on the touch line during games? Stands at the corner of the Sandy and has a severe case of verbal diarrhoea?

The bloke is pathetic.

You're going to have to narrow that down...

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 18:31 - Apr 29 with 6643 viewsSaxonDale

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 18:05 - Apr 29 by D_Alien

No. It's what needed doing from the start

It's actually an insult to do it now, when it means f*ck all

But looking forward we need a manager as soon as possible. As a club we will struggle to attract anyone of real quality until we sort out who will be chairman next season, what the structure off the field will look like and what our budget could will be.

The criticisms levelled at McNulty he seems to have listened to and is changing. 11 points from 7 games with this lot suggests he could be the best option we have.
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 18:34 - Apr 29 with 6604 viewsD_Alien

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 18:31 - Apr 29 by SaxonDale

But looking forward we need a manager as soon as possible. As a club we will struggle to attract anyone of real quality until we sort out who will be chairman next season, what the structure off the field will look like and what our budget could will be.

The criticisms levelled at McNulty he seems to have listened to and is changing. 11 points from 7 games with this lot suggests he could be the best option we have.

Sutton weren't so much on the beach as riding a camel through the Sahara today

To say i've got the hump about praising him for a one-off is an understatement

He is most definitely not the answer

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 18:36 - Apr 29 with 6594 viewsWirralDale

Good win, played well as a team and passing better.Could have scored a few more! Pity couldn’t have done this more over the season. Lack of pressure seems to have had an impact. Good to see over 3000 there (although some of the feral kids were a disgrace in the Sandy Lane end). Would like to have seen the team for a lap of honour especially for some players who may be leaving. but juvenile behaviour put an end to that.

Will be back next season - no doubt many changes will take place before August. UTD
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 18:38 - Apr 29 with 6566 viewsdawlishdale

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 18:31 - Apr 29 by SaxonDale

McNulty not the answer for me, but have a nagging feeling that he will get it because the Board seem to make the wrong decision much of the time and have done for the last 12 months.

I have just been told that, despite the tannoy announcement telling the fans that the lap of honour was cancelled and to leave the ground; it did actually happen???

Hope it's not true, because a lot of genuine fans wanted to say goodbye and were denied.
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 18:50 - Apr 29 with 6444 viewsTomRAFC

For those who were enjoying their last game of Sandy Chav Bingo this season...

Just before halftime, there were 8 lads, lining up for the cubicles in the toilets, swinging a bag of sniff like it was a bag for life.

Steward 1 - They're not supposed to do that (did nowt).
Steward 2 - What's happening? (panicked and did nowt as soon as his question was answered).
Steward 3 - Stood, watched the door, waited for a group of spaced out kids to leave, then took his hi-viz off and went for a look.

Remember when we were known as a good set of fans? A place where there were decent pubs and a cracking chippy?

Next season, we're going to be up against teams who have never played us before. We'll be known as the nasty coke-rat fans within weeks.

I can only conclude, after a full season of this, the club are intentionally avoiding any kind of intervention so as not to lose income.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 18:52 - Apr 29 with 6417 viewsD_Alien

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 18:38 - Apr 29 by dawlishdale

McNulty not the answer for me, but have a nagging feeling that he will get it because the Board seem to make the wrong decision much of the time and have done for the last 12 months.

I have just been told that, despite the tannoy announcement telling the fans that the lap of honour was cancelled and to leave the ground; it did actually happen???

Hope it's not true, because a lot of genuine fans wanted to say goodbye and were denied.

To appoint anyone, or make any decisions others than settling the future ownership of the club would be a nonsense

Tying new owners to a manager they mightn't want?

The board, grateful as we all are for saving the club in its hour of need two years ago, have one last service to perform, and that's as smooth a transition to a new regime as possible

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 18:53 - Apr 29 with 6418 viewsDaleFan7

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 18:38 - Apr 29 by dawlishdale

Not sure if they all did but a few players certainly came out after everyone had come off the pitch.
Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 20:21 - Apr 29 with 6020 viewsirishdale2022

Sutton United (h) Match Thread on 18:52 - Apr 29 by D_Alien

To appoint anyone, or make any decisions others than settling the future ownership of the club would be a nonsense

Tying new owners to a manager they mightn't want?

The board, grateful as we all are for saving the club in its hour of need two years ago, have one last service to perform, and that's as smooth a transition to a new regime as possible

Yes, I’m sure new owners would be very put off a manager who took the worst team in the league to 1.57 ppg (playoff form) and 12 goals in 7 games (promotion form). That’s exactly what new owners don’t want.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024