Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chairman's End of Season Statement 14:14 - May 6 with 9495 viewsHullDale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/may/chairmanstatement_060523/
Chairman's End of Season Statement on 14:49 - May 6 with 6170 views442Dale

Some welcome communication. It’s appreciated.

Not sure who they’re referring to when talking about some who may question finances used to buy MH shares/associated legal costs being used to support the first team.

Fans had already been told “The Board is planning for a significantly increased playing budget for next season.” and it played out with the signings we made over the summer and is mentioned again in today’s statement as it was last year:
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/april/chairmanmessageseasoncards_22-23/

Of course being able to spend more is useful, but it’s about how whatever money is available is used, not how much money we have. That’s Rochdale AFC. We are not a club where supporters need to be aware of any correlation between financial resource and league position, because it made no difference for a number of years. Rewriting history is never going to help any reengagement.

Good to hear about season card prices. On the other initiatives to grow the fan base, strange to see no mention of working closely with the Trust on the magnificent work they’ve done in the last couple of weeks. Presumably the Trust are already aware of these planned initiatives or they are initiatives that have come from the excellent input from supporters at the recent meetings.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 15:22 - May 6 with 6049 viewsHopwoodblue

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 14:49 - May 6 by 442Dale

Some welcome communication. It’s appreciated.

Not sure who they’re referring to when talking about some who may question finances used to buy MH shares/associated legal costs being used to support the first team.

Fans had already been told “The Board is planning for a significantly increased playing budget for next season.” and it played out with the signings we made over the summer and is mentioned again in today’s statement as it was last year:
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/april/chairmanmessageseasoncards_22-23/

Of course being able to spend more is useful, but it’s about how whatever money is available is used, not how much money we have. That’s Rochdale AFC. We are not a club where supporters need to be aware of any correlation between financial resource and league position, because it made no difference for a number of years. Rewriting history is never going to help any reengagement.

Good to hear about season card prices. On the other initiatives to grow the fan base, strange to see no mention of working closely with the Trust on the magnificent work they’ve done in the last couple of weeks. Presumably the Trust are already aware of these planned initiatives or they are initiatives that have come from the excellent input from supporters at the recent meetings.

Don’t think it tells us anything we don’t already know apart from the season tickets.
We all know about Morton House and what a sterling job the board did but how many times can we say thank you ?
It’s all about the future now and that’s the info we are awaiting to hear.
[Post edited 6 May 2023 15:23]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 15:33 - May 6 with 6005 viewselectricblue

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 15:22 - May 6 by Hopwoodblue

Don’t think it tells us anything we don’t already know apart from the season tickets.
We all know about Morton House and what a sterling job the board did but how many times can we say thank you ?

Same here only new news is the season tickets and possibily management announcement in 2wks......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 15:48 - May 6 with 5941 viewsClivert

No link to a price list in there so that means I have to be bothered to Google last seasons prices or go back through my banking history to see what I paid when it's them who are supposed to be trying sell something.

It's the little things like that.
Chairman's End of Season Statement on 16:00 - May 6 with 5897 viewsHopwoodblue

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 15:48 - May 6 by Clivert

No link to a price list in there so that means I have to be bothered to Google last seasons prices or go back through my banking history to see what I paid when it's them who are supposed to be trying sell something.

It’s reactive and should be pro active.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 16:11 - May 6 with 5811 views49thseason

Poor old simon can't win can he? He does an end of season review and the complaint is there is nothing we didnt know. If he had said nothing, he would be slaughtered for that too.

I think the board have more skin in the game now than any previous boards and for me it means they will put up the best fight they can to fix the failings of the past several seasons, they are not likely to just write off half a million quid or more.

From our perspective as supporters, I think we have to accept that there are things going on in the background which will be revealed when the time is right. I realise that in the electronic age the desire for news is insatiable, but we must be patient. I doubt many supporters have lost as many nights sleep as the Directors must have over the last year or two. A few more weeks will show us more about where we are and then we can make appropriate responses.

For the time being we must continure to support the Trust and make plans to strengthen it further. What else can we actually do that will make any tangible difference at this stage?
Chairman's End of Season Statement on 16:21 - May 6 with 5746 viewsfrenzied

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 16:11 - May 6 by 49thseason

Poor old simon can't win can he? He does an end of season review and the complaint is there is nothing we didnt know. If he had said nothing, he would be slaughtered for that too.

I think the board have more skin in the game now than any previous boards and for me it means they will put up the best fight they can to fix the failings of the past several seasons, they are not likely to just write off half a million quid or more.

From our perspective as supporters, I think we have to accept that there are things going on in the background which will be revealed when the time is right. I realise that in the electronic age the desire for news is insatiable, but we must be patient. I doubt many supporters have lost as many nights sleep as the Directors must have over the last year or two. A few more weeks will show us more about where we are and then we can make appropriate responses.

For the time being we must continure to support the Trust and make plans to strengthen it further. What else can we actually do that will make any tangible difference at this stage?

Well said that man..
Chairman's End of Season Statement on 16:23 - May 6 with 5745 viewsDalenet

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 15:22 - May 6 by Hopwoodblue

Given the abuse the BoD have been receiving, and the end of season chanting on the pitch last weekend, I think a reflective statement should be welcomed. Some of our blinkered fans don't get it. We are losing c£1m a year and still they want the BofD out. And we now have costs to cut for next season. (I am still unsure what happens next year with revenues down etc - if we don't find an investor how will that cost be covered?)

For me this statement closes a chapter and allows us to reflect on what comes next. A new manager by the end of the month, a plan for the future and the start of season card marketing should hopefully give us something to think about. Frozen prices for Season Cards is welcome and we clearly have enough cash in the bank to get through May without needing to sell them. But I am not expecting any announcements of new owners or investors anytime soon.
Login to get fewer ads

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 17:21 - May 6 with 5530 viewsdingdangblue

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 15:48 - May 6 by Clivert

Last season prices.
https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/128/advertorials/145894/rochdale-

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 17:53 - May 6 with 5429 viewsTrev

We are stuck with this BoD for the foreseeable as far as I'm concerned. I hope they have learnt some lessons but, clearly, there is still a lot they need to work on. There seems a reluctance to accept and embrace help when it is offered, they will need this more than ever if they want to re-engage the fan base.
Chairman's End of Season Statement on 18:30 - May 6 with 5281 views49thseason

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 17:53 - May 6 by Trev

We are stuck with this BoD for the foreseeable as far as I'm concerned. I hope they have learnt some lessons but, clearly, there is still a lot they need to work on. There seems a reluctance to accept and embrace help when it is offered, they will need this more than ever if they want to re-engage the fan base.

Thing is, they carry the financial and reputational can. We cant sit behind our screens and tell them what to do , we can suggest and maybe gently cajole, but at the end of the day, they make the decisions. We can only take them at their word until such time as their word means little, this isn't that time. Meanwhile, we have to do what we can, but screaming for their heads is childish and futile and those responsible clearly have little knowledge of how real life works. I hope we can collectively make things work out as we would like them to. If they don't, they and we just have to be able to say that we did our very best..
Chairman's End of Season Statement on 18:44 - May 6 with 5254 viewsD_Alien

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 18:30 - May 6 by 49thseason

Thing is, they carry the financial and reputational can. We cant sit behind our screens and tell them what to do , we can suggest and maybe gently cajole, but at the end of the day, they make the decisions. We can only take them at their word until such time as their word means little, this isn't that time. Meanwhile, we have to do what we can, but screaming for their heads is childish and futile and those responsible clearly have little knowledge of how real life works. I hope we can collectively make things work out as we would like them to. If they don't, they and we just have to be able to say that we did our very best..

Thing is, it's no good citing those who're "screaming for their heads" because that's not how the majority of fans approach the work of the BoD, which is to offer help in the everyday running of the club (snubbed) and constructive criticism based on lengthy analysis of what's going on

It's also not a case of "can't do right for doing wrong". Rather, a more informative approach to fan engagement would be hugely helpful, not just to people who turn up to watch but imo to the board members themselves. Instead, they've set themselves apart and today's statement, whilst welcome, isn't enough. It's not what "engagement" means, and only a week or so ago the chairman stated he and his fellow directors needed to re-engage. In short, they're simply not helping themselves, when it'd be really easy to do so, with a fanbase willing them to do so

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 19:08 - May 6 with 5144 viewsRodingdale

Another condescending and unnecessarily defensive statement which again has a go at those who have the temerity to offer an alternative view. The BoD clearly feel embattled and will do what they will do, irrespective of the views of paying customers. Arrogance is tolerable if you can stand it up, time will tell, but time is running out.
Chairman's End of Season Statement on 19:32 - May 6 with 5021 viewspioneer

I notice reference to ‘head coach’ as opposed to manager, and a thinly veiled reference to the relative cost of going in the direction of a sporting director.

Cant say I am excited by outsourcing key roles to consultants with no skin in the game.
Chairman's End of Season Statement on 19:33 - May 6 with 5018 viewsClivert

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 17:21 - May 6 by dingdangblue

Last season prices.
https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/128/advertorials/145894/rochdale-

Thanks to DDB doing a bit of digging on RochdaleOnline we now all have access to the upcoming season ticket prices.

One link is what it all needed.

Like I say it's the little things.
Chairman's End of Season Statement on 19:38 - May 6 with 4995 viewsBrierls

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 16:11 - May 6 by 49thseason

I completely agree with the sentiment of “can’t do right for doing wrong”.

The lack of respect shown towards the BoD is disgusting. I expect it of empty heads who don’t live in the real world, but that’s transmitted to many more who should know better. Chris Dunphy whips up a frenzy, people jump on the bandwagon, then he fcuks off just as quickly as he appeared when the real world hits home. I’ve not heard a whimper from those who immediately championed the Messiah.

As you’ve pointed out far more eloquently than I could, this BoD have poured £££ and time into this club since stepping up. In the absence of further investment, this is where we are at. Sniping at every action or statement is doing more harm than good. Take the statement on them all hurting at face value, but for them there’s the guilt of it being on their watch and paying £££ for the ‘pleasure’.

That is a solid statement and it would have been applauded in many previous years. Now it’s a sport to tear things apart.

Actions speak louder than words. The BoD must find a way to re-engage with the fanbase and they have the perfect opportunity to do so with actioning feedback from the Trust. Make the Volunteer Army happen, stop making excuses of why it can’t, remove any obstacles and make it happen FFS. The BoD already showed signs of admitting they need help when they involved MRKT, that admission needs to manifest itself into accepting help from the fanbase.

Bridges can be built between this BoD and the fanbase (empty heads excepted) but it’s going to take a conscious effort not lip service.
Chairman's End of Season Statement on 20:06 - May 6 with 4898 viewsBrierls

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 19:33 - May 6 by Clivert

Thanks to DDB doing a bit of digging on RochdaleOnline we now all have access to the upcoming season ticket prices.

One link is what it all needed.

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=rochdale+afc+season+ticket+prices+2022

I don’t know the reason for season ticket sales not being launched yet. I suspect it’s going to be a push off the back of the managerial appointment, or maybe I’m just being too logical there.

One thing is clear, it’s not ready to be launched. Or it would have been.

The BoD have made reference to season tickets in the statement, because it would have been torn apart if they didn’t. No price increase is a welcome message. They don’t need to post a link to an old article, they’d get blasted for that too.

Take the message for what it was - an announcement will be made before the end of the month, but don’t worry we’re not bumping up prices. Simples.
Chairman's End of Season Statement on 20:20 - May 6 with 4858 viewsClivert

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 20:06 - May 6 by Brierls

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=rochdale+afc+season+ticket+prices+2022

I don’t know the reason for season ticket sales not being launched yet. I suspect it’s going to be a push off the back of the managerial appointment, or maybe I’m just being too logical there.

One thing is clear, it’s not ready to be launched. Or it would have been.

The BoD have made reference to season tickets in the statement, because it would have been torn apart if they didn’t. No price increase is a welcome message. They don’t need to post a link to an old article, they’d get blasted for that too.

Take the message for what it was - an announcement will be made before the end of the month, but don’t worry we’re not bumping up prices. Simples.

Thanks, much appreciated!

All it took was a link.

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 20:22 - May 6 with 4845 viewsRodingdale

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 19:38 - May 6 by Brierls

I completely agree with the sentiment of “can’t do right for doing wrong”.

The lack of respect shown towards the BoD is disgusting. I expect it of empty heads who don’t live in the real world, but that’s transmitted to many more who should know better. Chris Dunphy whips up a frenzy, people jump on the bandwagon, then he fcuks off just as quickly as he appeared when the real world hits home. I’ve not heard a whimper from those who immediately championed the Messiah.

As you’ve pointed out far more eloquently than I could, this BoD have poured £££ and time into this club since stepping up. In the absence of further investment, this is where we are at. Sniping at every action or statement is doing more harm than good. Take the statement on them all hurting at face value, but for them there’s the guilt of it being on their watch and paying £££ for the ‘pleasure’.

That is a solid statement and it would have been applauded in many previous years. Now it’s a sport to tear things apart.

Actions speak louder than words. The BoD must find a way to re-engage with the fanbase and they have the perfect opportunity to do so with actioning feedback from the Trust. Make the Volunteer Army happen, stop making excuses of why it can’t, remove any obstacles and make it happen FFS. The BoD already showed signs of admitting they need help when they involved MRKT, that admission needs to manifest itself into accepting help from the fanbase.

Bridges can be built between this BoD and the fanbase (empty heads excepted) but it’s going to take a conscious effort not lip service.

A stout defence Brierls. Although I find your description of those who disagree with you as ‘disgusting and ‘empty headed is a bit Trumpian. But your opinion is only as important as that of any other fan (to borrow a quote from a current Director).

I agree with you though - actions speak louder than words. Time will tell, let’s see how they deliver on the actions in your fifth and final paragraphs.
Chairman's End of Season Statement on 20:41 - May 6 with 4773 viewsBrierls

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 20:22 - May 6 by Rodingdale

A stout defence Brierls. Although I find your description of those who disagree with you as ‘disgusting and ‘empty headed is a bit Trumpian. But your opinion is only as important as that of any other fan (to borrow a quote from a current Director).

I agree with you though - actions speak louder than words. Time will tell, let’s see how they deliver on the actions in your fifth and final paragraphs.

It wasn’t a defence, it was an agreement with a point 49th made while adding my 2p. Of course you are correct when you say my opinion holds no more value than any other fan.

This BoD have been shown a huge amount of disrespect. Christ knows they’ve made some shocking decisions and the communication has become worse as the impact of those decisions took hold, but the abuse they’ve had is a stain on our club. Constructive criticism should be welcomed.

The main protagonists of the “sack the board” mantra, with absolutely no clue of what to do afterwards, are empty heads. They display it every single time they turn up to a game.
Chairman's End of Season Statement on 20:42 - May 6 with 4762 viewsD_Alien

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 20:22 - May 6 by Rodingdale

Decent words

I found it ironic he'd labelled some as "empty heads" and then basically posted a similar critique to that which they'd offered...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 21:35 - May 6 with 4576 viewsblackdogblue

Keith Hill back soon🤷‍♂️

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 22:24 - May 6 with 4466 viewsEllDale

Can’t see Keith coming back as a “Head Coach”.
It’s probably Manager or nothing.
Chairman's End of Season Statement on 21:14 - May 19 with 3326 viewsClivert

So a fortnight on from the Chairman telling us that Season Card prices will remain the 'same' we've still had no clear cut news about 'Early Bird Prices', 'Country Season Tickets', any deals to entice friends or part timers (like what I'm going to become) and offers for kids.

They really do care.
Chairman's End of Season Statement on 21:25 - May 19 with 3287 views442Dale

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 21:14 - May 19 by Clivert

So a fortnight on from the Chairman telling us that Season Card prices will remain the 'same' we've still had no clear cut news about 'Early Bird Prices', 'Country Season Tickets', any deals to entice friends or part timers (like what I'm going to become) and offers for kids.

They really do care.

It’s ok, they are most certainly reengaging with the fanbase.

People are getting bored of it all now.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024