Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! 20:25 - Jun 8 with 5293 viewsnumptydumpty

We have all had these moments.

Should I have pushed the boat out for a certain good lady. Would I have settled down so much earlier in life.

Should I have changed my career so that a life of misery in IT would dominate. Not true in my case. Not an IT banana.

Should I have gone along with little Jimmy Sprout and his dad to watch the Gunners in the early 80s.

They provides the WHAT IF'S

If either or both Warnock and Taraabt had not been at our club in 2010, would we still have gone up and the next few years ending up screwing our club up for another decade along.

Bored close season.

Anyone got any what if moments in their life or any football following scenarios either !!!

Mine is I nearly once got off with Kerry Katona before she was infamous.

All I can say to that one is thank f**k for that !!! 🤣 🤣 🤣

[Post edited 8 Jun 2023 20:26]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 20:35 - Jun 8 with 3648 viewsSharpy36

Got offered a job in the states in 86, did`nt take it.

Got married in 88. 35 years later, two kids and 3 Grand kids. Although that would probably still of happened in the states.

Sliding doors

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 20:47 - Jun 8 with 3628 viewsstowmarketrange

I wish I hadn’t turned up at the church in August 1992.
Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 00:11 - Jun 9 with 3449 viewsBoston

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 20:47 - Jun 8 by stowmarketrange

I wish I hadn’t turned up at the church in August 1992.

Missed the first game of the season did ya?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 08:29 - Jun 9 with 3332 viewsSonofpugwash

Jonbar Hinge.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonbar_hinge

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 08:37 - Jun 9 with 3327 viewsTonto

The Lib Dems deciding to prop up David Cameron I. Exchange for a referendum on PR.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 08:38 - Jun 9 with 3326 viewshantssi

Had the chance to go mountaineering in the Himalayas in the late 70’s, always wondered if I’d have been a professional mountaineer if that had happened!
Instead I’ve spent a lifetime in construction which I hate!
Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 09:00 - Jun 9 with 3283 viewsSonofpugwash

Could have gone with David Bowie on the Ziggy Stardust tour of the USA but turned it down.Blast,always fancied moving out there.

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 09:27 - Jun 9 with 3240 viewsstowmarketrange

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 00:11 - Jun 9 by Boston

Missed the first game of the season did ya?

No the first game was Man City on Monday 17th.I got married on the 8th and I missed the friendly at Brentford.It used to be a big game for them 31 years ago.
Login to get fewer ads

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 09:38 - Jun 9 with 3209 viewsderbyhoop

After our first meeting on a Friday the current Mrs DH was hesitant about the date set for the following Wednesday. She decided to come in the end and 48 years later we are still together.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 10:08 - Jun 9 with 3199 viewsQPRSteve

In the 70's I took a UK-wide civil services exam where they were looking foe two people to train up as computer programmers. I came third. Often wondered what my life would have been like if I had come in the first two.

Funnily enough, the guy who sat next to me at work came second.
Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 10:28 - Jun 9 with 3179 viewsSimonJames

Missed a connection to go on a fishing trip off the Norfolk coast 40+ years ago.
The boat got into trouble in unexpected heavy seas and was sunk by a freak wave.
All hands lost.
So, despite the fact that my missus gets pissy when we're running a few minutes late, I just thank my lucky stars that I was late that day (and I spare a thought for the people who didn't make it).

100% of people who drink water will die.

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 11:01 - Jun 9 with 3137 viewskernowhoop

In 1967, I was a 'casting voter' on BBC TV 'Juke Box Jury'. I had never been on TV before. Two shows were filmed on one Saturday afternoon - one would be shown live and the other recorded and broadcast the next week. I wanted to see myself on TV, so I rang the BBC to ask whether 'my' show would be live or recorded. They thought it likely that it would be recorded and shown the following week - Saturday 4 March 1967.
There was a certain football match at Wembley on 4 March 1967. My dad and I had tickets for it. But, thinking that, if I went to the match, I would not be able to see myself on Juke Box Jury, I gave my ticket to my Uncle Dave, who lived in Wembley.
I appeared on Juke Box Jury, the Saturday before that match. It was broadcast live so I did not see myself on TV, but, I had given away my ticket and I was not able to go to the match the following Saturday.
Saturday 4 March 1967 - QPR 3 West Bromwich Albion 2. The club's only major trophy. I missed it.
Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 11:05 - Jun 9 with 3126 viewsJuzzie

The parents of Adolf Hitler, Idi Amin, Pol Pot, Stalin, Putin, Saddam Hussein and John Terry not using a condom.
Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 11:07 - Jun 9 with 3123 viewsNorthernr

Emailing Ingham asking if he needed some extra help running the Rivals site when I was 19
Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 11:08 - Jun 9 with 3123 viewsLazyFan

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 11:05 - Jun 9 by Juzzie

The parents of Adolf Hitler, Idi Amin, Pol Pot, Stalin, Putin, Saddam Hussein and John Terry not using a condom.

To be fair, they could have had an abortion instead, don't always blame it on lack of condoms!

zzzzzzzzzz

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 11:23 - Jun 9 with 3093 viewsJuzzie

One from me.... had I arrived 5 minutes earlier or 5 minutes later to the Marylebone Town Hall where some friends were getting married I would never have bumped into my missues which broke the ice. Chances are we'd just have sat in different places and never engaged in conversation.

Over a decade later we have two kids and a nice house.

Same with my Mum & Dad...... my Mum was living in Fellows Road, Chalk Farm, and in the mid 60's shops simply closed at the end of the day, none of this 24 hour stuff. She fancied a packet of fags so walked up the the Swiss Cottage pub to use the cigarette machine. She bumped into some friends who asked her to stay on as there was a band playing. The drummer was my Dad (to be).

Sliding doors and all that.

One for my Dad.... he was a prominent musician (drummer) during the late 60's/early 70's and was offered the chance to be the drummer for Yes at a time when they were just doing the minor venue circuits. It was about 18 months later they hit the big time and became quite rich.
I asked my dad why he turned them down.... "can't stand prog rock" he said. "If you knew they'd go on to be a huge success, would you have done it?". "Of course", he replied, "got a family to feed".
Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 11:30 - Jun 9 with 3064 viewsngbqpr

Early 90s. Offered a chance to go & run the New York office for the company I was working for at the time. My partner's company also had an NYC office, so she could have worked for them there. We didn't yet have kids.

We said no. I really can't remember why.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 11:53 - Jun 9 with 3036 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Late 80s and my mate was getting married. As one of the Ushers he asked me if I would mind doing some video footage of the wedding. My Dad had a camera so I happily agreed. The wedding video had more footage of one of his bridesmaids than the couple (ok slight exaggeration maybe). She was fabulous and despite the fact she lived up in Cheshire we got together and have just celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary. I also have a mate as a brother-in-Law.

Number two came just after we got married in 1993. One of my colleagues was due to go out to Hong Kong to work on a big bridge (when they were building the airport out there). He got cold feet the week before he was due to go and I was offered the chance instead. That job was the best and most interesting I ever had and I met so many nice people, many of whom are still friends. It also enabled me to save a decent deposit on a house when I returned at just the right time in our lives before we had children.

Two massive slices of being in the right place at the right time for me.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2023 11:54]
Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 11:57 - Jun 9 with 3018 viewsBluce_Ree

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 10:28 - Jun 9 by SimonJames

Missed a connection to go on a fishing trip off the Norfolk coast 40+ years ago.
The boat got into trouble in unexpected heavy seas and was sunk by a freak wave.
All hands lost.
So, despite the fact that my missus gets pissy when we're running a few minutes late, I just thank my lucky stars that I was late that day (and I spare a thought for the people who didn't make it).

HOLY SHIT!

That's one hell of a dodged bullet. Amazing!

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 13:10 - Jun 9 with 2949 viewsBoston

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 09:00 - Jun 9 by Sonofpugwash

Could have gone with David Bowie on the Ziggy Stardust tour of the USA but turned it down.Blast,always fancied moving out there.

Can you swim? Come any time you like.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 13:26 - Jun 9 with 2914 viewsSonofpugwash

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 13:10 - Jun 9 by Boston

Can you swim? Come any time you like.

It would be easier to drink the Atlantic dry.

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 13:29 - Jun 9 with 2898 viewscaliforniahoop

Started a company up in 2002 financially backing by others, opened in London, New York and California, left in 2006 over a disagreement, company now turns over in excess of £200m🥲😡
Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 14:02 - Jun 9 with 2850 viewsHAYESBOY

I don't know how close this was but I was an apprentice at an oil/gas valve manufacturing company called Orbit Valves. Located in Swallowfield way in Hayes.
There was a possibility of going out with an engineer onsite to service valves in the field.
This would have been with an engineer called Terry Quinn.
It was never really spoken of before it happened but one of the jobs onsite was going to the Piper Alpha rig. Terry was on the Piper Alpha and died in the sleeping compartments.
I never asked if this was one of the jobs that was being considered for me to go out on.
I have always wondered.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 17:05 - Jun 9 with 2692 viewsdistortR

(Literally) fell out of a pub one night, into the road in front of a pretty woman. Waved to her as she stepped over me.
Next time I saw her, I was out of it, fighting a group of lads, she and a mate walked me home.
Third time I saw her, bought her a drink in way of apology for 1) and 2). Uhmed and Ahhed about doing it, thought she was a bit stuck up for thinking less of me for 1) and 2).
30+ years later, not sure if she views it as purgatory, care work or married bliss, but I'm happy for it!
Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 18:04 - Jun 9 with 2642 viewsLanhoop

Was out after work for some lunchtime birthday drinks in November '87. Stayed in the pub all afternoon. Couldn't do anymore so headed off home. Piccadilly line from Kings Cross back to Park Royal. Just about managed to jump on a train as the doors closed at about quarter past 7. Following morning woke up to news of the fire at Kings Cross station. My guess is half a pint more and I'd have been another fatality.

Be good and if you can't be good be lucky.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024