Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Changes in the Boardroom 14:12 - Jul 14 with 4320 viewsSuddenLad

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/july/nonexecutivedirectorstatement/

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Changes in the Boardroom on 14:43 - Jul 14 with 4201 viewsjudd

Best wishes to Suzy Orr in her battle.

"Both John and Chris were, amongst many others, at the heart of the fight to save the club and then deal with the significantly weakened, distressed and uncontrolled state in which the club was found in June 2021."

Truly damning statement on how they found the club at the end of Bottomley's regime of utter incompetence and narcissism.

And there are still those out there fighting his corner in this town and at this club.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Changes in the Boardroom on 15:28 - Jul 14 with 4076 viewsturnthescrew

Changes in the Boardroom on 14:43 - Jul 14 by judd

"Both John and Chris were, amongst many others, at the heart of the fight to save the club and then deal with the significantly weakened, distressed and uncontrolled state in which the club was found in June 2021."

Truly damning statement on how they found the club at the end of Bottomley's regime of utter incompetence and narcissism.

And there are still those out there fighting his corner in this town and at this club.

Sickening that anyone can still see any good in that charlatan.

Best wishes to Suzy. A fight no-one wants, but one I hope she wins.
Changes in the Boardroom on 15:40 - Jul 14 with 4019 viewsOlddale

Changes in the Boardroom on 14:43 - Jul 14 by judd

Agreed 100%

Are the club still pursuing action against certain individuals over their actions during the troubled times or has that been abandoned?

Apologies if it has already been answered elsewhere, but if so I missed it.
Changes in the Boardroom on 16:41 - Jul 14 with 3848 viewsDalenet

Changes in the Boardroom on 15:40 - Jul 14 by Olddale

Agreed 100%

Are the club still pursuing action against certain individuals over their actions during the troubled times or has that been abandoned?

Apologies if it has already been answered elsewhere, but if so I missed it.

I wondered that too - but the Board statement seems to suggest that all the legal actions are complete
Changes in the Boardroom on 22:39 - Jul 14 with 3465 viewspioneer

Many thanks to all three for taking on the responsibility to lead the club out of probably its darkest hour. They will be part of any success we might have in the future.

“Those who drink the water must remember those who dug the well”
Changes in the Boardroom on 08:24 - Jul 15 with 3251 viewsTalkingSutty

Changes in the Boardroom on 22:39 - Jul 14 by pioneer

Many thanks to all three for taking on the responsibility to lead the club out of probably its darkest hour. They will be part of any success we might have in the future.

“Those who drink the water must remember those who dug the well”

Everybody did what they could, including these three and many thanks for their efforts. The well was dug by literally hundreds of fans, it was a real team effort. I remember several very elderly fans bringing carrier bags to games full of coins that they had saved and emptying them into the bucket collections to help pay for the legal fees during the MH saga. I know some fans who stated they were skint and could only afford to contribute a bit of loose change, they still parted with their money though. The shares that the Trust hold are all purchased by the fans, they might not have individual fans names on them but the fans are probably nearly all indirect share holders. Those who protested before the Swindon game to get Bottomley out of the club, those who picked up their pen or pressed their keyboard to shine a light on what was happening, it was a magnificent team effort which culminated in our current Chairman and Directors digging deep and buying back the MH shares, what an amazing gesture that was. When we all come together we can do anything and fingers crossed we can do that again this season, hopefully find a investor who we can trust and who has the drive and determination to make us better and on the field we can play some entertaining, winning football under the current manager and see a season of stability on the pitch. I would suggest that nearly everybody who is drinking the water also helped to dig the well.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2023 8:27]
Changes in the Boardroom on 08:42 - Jul 15 with 3222 viewspioneer

Changes in the Boardroom on 08:24 - Jul 15 by TalkingSutty

Everybody did what they could, including these three and many thanks for their efforts. The well was dug by literally hundreds of fans, it was a real team effort. I remember several very elderly fans bringing carrier bags to games full of coins that they had saved and emptying them into the bucket collections to help pay for the legal fees during the MH saga. I know some fans who stated they were skint and could only afford to contribute a bit of loose change, they still parted with their money though. The shares that the Trust hold are all purchased by the fans, they might not have individual fans names on them but the fans are probably nearly all indirect share holders. Those who protested before the Swindon game to get Bottomley out of the club, those who picked up their pen or pressed their keyboard to shine a light on what was happening, it was a magnificent team effort which culminated in our current Chairman and Directors digging deep and buying back the MH shares, what an amazing gesture that was. When we all come together we can do anything and fingers crossed we can do that again this season, hopefully find a investor who we can trust and who has the drive and determination to make us better and on the field we can play some entertaining, winning football under the current manager and see a season of stability on the pitch. I would suggest that nearly everybody who is drinking the water also helped to dig the well.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2023 8:27]

The chinese proverb is more focused on a generational thing….so my intention was to say that any future success can be traced back to those who saved the club …and of course it was more than these three individuals but as directors they had more at risk than fans who contributed funds but did not incur legal responsibilites.
Changes in the Boardroom on 08:49 - Jul 15 with 3213 viewsTalkingSutty

Changes in the Boardroom on 08:42 - Jul 15 by pioneer

The chinese proverb is more focused on a generational thing….so my intention was to say that any future success can be traced back to those who saved the club …and of course it was more than these three individuals but as directors they had more at risk than fans who contributed funds but did not incur legal responsibilites.

I could be wrong but I don’t think that these three directors incurred any legal responsibilities. The digging of the well started before anybody in the current Boardroom picked up a shovel. It was only fan intervention that stopped Bottomley from killing the club and focused the spotlight on Morton House. Everybody in the Boardroom at that time had intentions to sell the club and without fan intervention their shares would have been sold and Curran etc would have taken over the club. The fans had to literally plead with Andrew Kelly not to sell his shares to Curran, he had every intentions of doing so but thankfully changed his mind. Fans pleading with Andrew Kelly to get him to change his mind...what a horrible thing to do as supporters who love their club. Nobody in the boardroom at that time comes out of it with any credit, they didn’t care about the club and wanted rid of it to anybody who would offer them the highest price for their shares.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2023 9:04]
Login to get fewer ads

Changes in the Boardroom on 09:05 - Jul 15 with 3180 viewsDalenet

Changes in the Boardroom on 08:49 - Jul 15 by TalkingSutty

I could be wrong but I don’t think that these three directors incurred any legal responsibilities. The digging of the well started before anybody in the current Boardroom picked up a shovel. It was only fan intervention that stopped Bottomley from killing the club and focused the spotlight on Morton House. Everybody in the Boardroom at that time had intentions to sell the club and without fan intervention their shares would have been sold and Curran etc would have taken over the club. The fans had to literally plead with Andrew Kelly not to sell his shares to Curran, he had every intentions of doing so but thankfully changed his mind. Fans pleading with Andrew Kelly to get him to change his mind...what a horrible thing to do as supporters who love their club. Nobody in the boardroom at that time comes out of it with any credit, they didn’t care about the club and wanted rid of it to anybody who would offer them the highest price for their shares.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2023 9:04]

Who was being taken to court by Morton House and cronnies? And I know it was Trust people as well. The impact that would have on them and their families shouldn't be underestimated.

Thanks for your service John, Chris and Suzy. I presume that the Chairman will now be looking for new candidates to replace them - preferably with a similar skillset. Is this your chance TS?
Changes in the Boardroom on 09:09 - Jul 15 with 3177 viewsTalkingSutty

Changes in the Boardroom on 09:05 - Jul 15 by Dalenet

Who was being taken to court by Morton House and cronnies? And I know it was Trust people as well. The impact that would have on them and their families shouldn't be underestimated.

Thanks for your service John, Chris and Suzy. I presume that the Chairman will now be looking for new candidates to replace them - preferably with a similar skillset. Is this your chance TS?

None of the three mentioned were being taken to court. I thanked them for their service.
Changes in the Boardroom on 12:24 - Jul 15 with 2856 viewsDalenet

Very good. But is this your chance?
Changes in the Boardroom on 12:55 - Jul 15 with 2779 viewsTalkingSutty

Changes in the Boardroom on 12:24 - Jul 15 by Dalenet

Very good. But is this your chance?

When you don't challenge and ask questions of those running your club you can end up losing it. When you roll over and let people tickle your belly because they are in the boardroom you are failing as a supporter of the club. You obviously haven't learned any lessons from the Bottomley saga. Don't try to insinuate that i shouldn't be questioning how the club is being run because the last few years has shown that fans not speaking up and voicing their concerns leads to disaster. You're a club apologist and are obviously happy with your lot, i'm not. I thanked the associate Directors for their efforts, so i don't know what your problem is. Maybe you're in the boardroom, or a member of staff, or maybe even a recent director, or just one of those fans who will put up with being spoon fed by those running the club? Anyway, enjoy your day.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2023 13:15]
Changes in the Boardroom on 13:11 - Jul 15 with 2737 viewsTomRAFC

I took the chance to have a natter with Suzy after the last fans forum. She was full of enthusiasm and ideas and will no doubt be a loss. I hope she has all the care and support she needs, continues to enjoy life the whole time, and is back to full health as soon as possible.

The other non-execs were invaluable in the fight against Morton House and it's understandable that, for one reason or another, they thought it was time to step away.

As a club, we are low on skills behind the scenes. Hopefully some new non-execs, who have experience in running a football club, will join us the very near future.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Changes in the Boardroom on 13:38 - Jul 15 with 2671 viewsDalenet

Changes in the Boardroom on 12:55 - Jul 15 by TalkingSutty

When you don't challenge and ask questions of those running your club you can end up losing it. When you roll over and let people tickle your belly because they are in the boardroom you are failing as a supporter of the club. You obviously haven't learned any lessons from the Bottomley saga. Don't try to insinuate that i shouldn't be questioning how the club is being run because the last few years has shown that fans not speaking up and voicing their concerns leads to disaster. You're a club apologist and are obviously happy with your lot, i'm not. I thanked the associate Directors for their efforts, so i don't know what your problem is. Maybe you're in the boardroom, or a member of staff, or maybe even a recent director, or just one of those fans who will put up with being spoon fed by those running the club? Anyway, enjoy your day.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2023 13:15]

Hilarious. Everybody is entitled to ask questions. You are the voice on here that wants the Board out. So I ask again - is this your chance?
Changes in the Boardroom on 14:33 - Jul 15 with 2584 viewsD_Alien

Changes in the Boardroom on 13:38 - Jul 15 by Dalenet

Hilarious. Everybody is entitled to ask questions. You are the voice on here that wants the Board out. So I ask again - is this your chance?

Hasn't the board itself stated they wish to cede control to an outside party?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Changes in the Boardroom on 15:07 - Jul 15 with 2498 viewsDalenet

Changes in the Boardroom on 14:33 - Jul 15 by D_Alien

Hasn't the board itself stated they wish to cede control to an outside party?

They have said they want outside investment - which may or may not concede control. TS has been quite vocal during the close season on wanting to get the Board out. The Trust is the largest shareholder and they don't seem to agree. Nobody else is supporting the view that I can see and given his view I just wonder whether this is now his chance to join the Board and do something about it.

I am not the club apologist either - they have made lots of mistakes - but I don't see people queuing up to do a better job
Changes in the Boardroom on 15:21 - Jul 15 with 2462 viewsTalkingSutty

Changes in the Boardroom on 15:07 - Jul 15 by Dalenet

They have said they want outside investment - which may or may not concede control. TS has been quite vocal during the close season on wanting to get the Board out. The Trust is the largest shareholder and they don't seem to agree. Nobody else is supporting the view that I can see and given his view I just wonder whether this is now his chance to join the Board and do something about it.

I am not the club apologist either - they have made lots of mistakes - but I don't see people queuing up to do a better job

I've been vocal about the Chairman, i don't think he has the qualities to run a football club. I'm entitled to think that way and base my opinions on what I've seen since he took over the Club. I've also criticised James Ball but that doesn't mean I'm qualified to play professional football. You're suggesting that if i don't join the board of Directors i shouldn't comment..the exact same shutting down of opinions that resulted in Bottomley being allowed to destroy the club. I hope you're proud of yourself and if you think a faceless poster on a forum like yourself can shut me or anybody else down you're mistaken. Why don't you tell us who you are and your involvement with the club?
Changes in the Boardroom on 16:39 - Jul 15 with 2317 views442Dale

Changes in the Boardroom on 15:07 - Jul 15 by Dalenet

Coming at it from a slightly different angle, there has been a host of people who attended the Trust meetings over two months ago who gave their time, effort and ideas. Some are probably wondering if there’s a similar commitment from the club to not only address all the concerns raised, but to respond positively to the multitude of easily achievable suggestions that would improve our football club

That was a perfect example of suppprters wanting to “do something about it”, yet as we stand the progress has been mediocre at best. Especially when there was a real passion and commitment from those same fans to continue with their efforts.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2023 16:42]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Changes in the Boardroom on 16:42 - Jul 15 with 2298 viewsjudd

Changes in the Boardroom on 16:39 - Jul 15 by 442Dale

Coming at it from a slightly different angle, there has been a host of people who attended the Trust meetings over two months ago who gave their time, effort and ideas. Some are probably wondering if there’s a similar commitment from the club to not only address all the concerns raised, but to respond positively to the multitude of easily achievable suggestions that would improve our football club

That was a perfect example of suppprters wanting to “do something about it”, yet as we stand the progress has been mediocre at best. Especially when there was a real passion and commitment from those same fans to continue with their efforts.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2023 16:42]

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/07/fan-meeting-schedule/

Poll: What is it to be then?

Changes in the Boardroom on 16:55 - Jul 15 with 2265 views442Dale

Changes in the Boardroom on 16:42 - Jul 15 by judd

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/07/fan-meeting-schedule/

Those are the positives so far, yes. We will see what comes from those and following up on all the other subjects discussed.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Changes in the Boardroom on 17:12 - Jul 15 with 2213 viewsDalenet

Changes in the Boardroom on 15:21 - Jul 15 by TalkingSutty

I've been vocal about the Chairman, i don't think he has the qualities to run a football club. I'm entitled to think that way and base my opinions on what I've seen since he took over the Club. I've also criticised James Ball but that doesn't mean I'm qualified to play professional football. You're suggesting that if i don't join the board of Directors i shouldn't comment..the exact same shutting down of opinions that resulted in Bottomley being allowed to destroy the club. I hope you're proud of yourself and if you think a faceless poster on a forum like yourself can shut me or anybody else down you're mistaken. Why don't you tell us who you are and your involvement with the club?

Touch sensitive there. Sorry you are feeling like that. You have been calling for Boards and the Trust Board to go for the past 4 years so I know that you say what you think. You were very clear in 2020 that the club was sitting on a small fortune and was well placed to come through the pandemic afterall.

I said you had the right to an opinion so I am not trying to stop you saying anything. As nobody appears to be backing your when you wanted an EGM to get the chairman out, the opportunity to recruit new blood into the boardroom may now be available. Those that shout loudest and all that......surely you must be ready to throw your hat into the ring. I am happy to watch.
Changes in the Boardroom on 17:35 - Jul 15 with 2147 viewsTalkingSutty

Changes in the Boardroom on 17:12 - Jul 15 by Dalenet

Touch sensitive there. Sorry you are feeling like that. You have been calling for Boards and the Trust Board to go for the past 4 years so I know that you say what you think. You were very clear in 2020 that the club was sitting on a small fortune and was well placed to come through the pandemic afterall.

I said you had the right to an opinion so I am not trying to stop you saying anything. As nobody appears to be backing your when you wanted an EGM to get the chairman out, the opportunity to recruit new blood into the boardroom may now be available. Those that shout loudest and all that......surely you must be ready to throw your hat into the ring. I am happy to watch.

I think the Trust did a brilliant job during the Morton House saga and made comment of it on numerous occasions. I think the Chairman of the Trust in particular showed real leadership. You are correct when you suggest that I have been calling out those in the Boardroom over the last four years..I think history suggests i was right to voice my concerns, don't you? The club generated millions of pounds through player sales and cup runs, television money etc during Bottomleys reign and look what happened. When the CEO is giving himself and other members of staff massive pay rises, the manager secret contracts of course the money will disappear😀. In fact are you Bottomley in disguise or are you just one of his apologists,he does still have a few you know. Regarding my ambitions to take over the club i can't comment due to confidentiality issues but i'm sure the Chairman will make an announcement in due course regarding any new people coming into the club, make sure you keep watching👍
[Post edited 15 Jul 2023 17:45]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024