Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Striker 10:42 - Jul 15 with 1299 viewsMattFinish

Do you think there's any chance of getting a decent striker before the start of the season.

Thankfully there appears to be a lot of interest in Che but that would leave a strike force of Mara and Adam Armstrong

This is not just a problem for this season

Pelle scored 30 goals in 68 games for us. Since he left at the end of the 2015/16 season our main striker scoring record is:

2016/17 - Austin — 6 goals

2017/18 - Austin — 7 goals

2018/19 — Ings — 7 goals

2019/20 — Ings — 22 goals

2020/21 — Ings — 12 goals

2021/22 — Adams — 7 goals

2022/23 — Adams — 5 goals

Joel Piroe has scored approx a goal every two games for two seasons in the Championship and played under Russel Martin. Why isn't he a Saints player already. SR should pull their fingers out.

Piroe is valued at around £12-15m. Swansea want £20m. Just give them £20m and get the deal done. We spaffed £40m on Aribo, Mara and Onuachu.

Between them they have a scoring record for us of 1 goal every 17.5 games
[Post edited 15 Jul 2023 10:48]
Striker on 11:03 - Jul 15 with 1248 viewsRon11

I totally agree with what you say about Joel Piroe, but regarding Aribo, Mara and especially Onuachu did they really get a chance last season? Not only that, bringing Adams and Armstrong in to the equation, they cut lonely figures waiting for the ball that rarely came because the team were busy passing sideways and back.
It's the style of play that needs to change, but it's looking as though that isn't going to happen any time soon.
Striker on 13:26 - Jul 15 with 1129 viewsPatfromPoole

We need a creative midfielder who will unlock defences with a clever incisive pass.

An Eyal Berkovic type.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Striker on 17:08 - Jul 15 with 994 viewsgrumpy

Hi Matt,we didn't see enough of Onuachu,I'm not saying he was going to be the answer but I would have liked to have seen more of him.
Striker on 17:12 - Jul 15 with 989 viewsMattFinish

Striker on 11:03 - Jul 15 by Ron11

I totally agree with what you say about Joel Piroe, but regarding Aribo, Mara and especially Onuachu did they really get a chance last season? Not only that, bringing Adams and Armstrong in to the equation, they cut lonely figures waiting for the ball that rarely came because the team were busy passing sideways and back.
It's the style of play that needs to change, but it's looking as though that isn't going to happen any time soon.

I think a big part of us passing the ball sidewards was the lack of ability of our strikers to make space or hold the ball up when it went to them. I agree Onuachu and Aribo didn't get enough chances particularly under Selles but Mara's previous scoring record was abysmal and it was clear he was out of his depth.

Fact is if Che could beat the keeper when one on one we'd stiil be in the PL. We should have been playing another decent striker alongside Ings but have failed to sign even an average PL striker over the last 4 seasons. Everyone went wild about Broja but he was just a Chelsea youth team player that looked good compared to Che and Armstrong
Striker on 17:15 - Jul 15 with 986 viewsMattFinish

Striker on 17:08 - Jul 15 by grumpy

Hi Matt,we didn't see enough of Onuachu,I'm not saying he was going to be the answer but I would have liked to have seen more of him.

Hi Grumps, totally agree and like PatfromPoole said he didn't get the service but afraid that ship has sailed.

I'd have liked to see what he could do in the Championship
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024