Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly 12:22 - Jul 18 with 6111 viewsHullDale

[Post edited 18 Jul 2023 12:22]
Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 12:41 - Jul 18 with 6036 viewsDaleFan7

Interesting that there's only one trialist in the squad.
Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 12:46 - Jul 18 with 6016 viewsHullDale

Jim Bentley's lad on the bench for Tranmere.
Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 12:48 - Jul 18 with 6012 viewsscarrow

Would guess that the trialist is the one from the first half on Saturday

Poll: Final position

Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 12:58 - Jul 18 with 5950 viewsDareToCalvin

Would assume that XI will be closely similar to the XI that starts against Ebbsfleet, with ideally another left back and maybe Gilmour in for Ball; and hopefully a couple of additions elsewhere. Interested to see how we get on.
Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 13:10 - Jul 18 with 5911 viewsBrierls

Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 12:41 - Jul 18 by DaleFan7

Interesting that there's only one trialist in the squad.

It is. If it's Lewis Spence, that'd be his third game and I'd say a decent chance of him being offered something. If it's the lad from the first half at Chorley, it's good to see he's still here as I thought he had something, though it would also mean Spence has moved on.

Or I suppose it could be someone completely new, which means all of the trialists so far have moved on!
Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 13:34 - Jul 18 with 5825 viewsHullDale

Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 14:35 - Jul 18 with 5559 viewsHullDale

Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 14:39 - Jul 18 with 5529 viewsTalkingSutty

Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 14:35 - Jul 18 by HullDale

Winning breeds confidence, irrespective of the fixture. Two out of three wins will do them no harm at all. Better to win friendlies than lose them.
Login to get fewer ads

Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 14:48 - Jul 18 with 5442 viewsHullDale

Ferguson off injured towards the end, hopefully nothing serious.
Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 14:51 - Jul 18 with 5413 viewsSuddenLad

Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 13:34 - Jul 18 by HullDale

Must have been some challenge to get sent off. Usually the ref just tells the manager to replace the offender when it's a friendly/behind closed doors game.

Glad to see Dale are challenging well against perceived 'better opposition' and getting a win. It will do them a world of good.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 14:51 - Jul 18 with 5407 viewselectricblue

Good to hear that Oscar Kelly is getting game time....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 14:55 - Jul 18 with 5361 viewsBrierls

A win.
A clean sheet.
Key striker scored.
Everybody got minutes in the legs.

We’re back to being competitive in the upcoming season.

Anybody know if we passed it around at the back? It’s really important to know.
Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 14:56 - Jul 18 with 5348 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Sounds like the style of footie we have been longing to see........punish the opposition in THEIR half, and have a pop or two. Simples
Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 14:59 - Jul 18 with 5316 viewsDaleFan7

Good to get a win.

Glad Rodney has scored. Would like to see him and Mitchell as a 2 this season and see what they can do with Sinclair and someone else supporting them from wide. Sounds like Kelly has been playing well but not sure we can put maximum faith in a 16 year old to be able to play a massive role all season, contributions from the bench and starting the odd game would be a great starting point for him.
Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 16:53 - Jul 18 with 4654 viewsNorthernDale

I may be a bit premature in suggesting this, but I think Oscar Kelly could make us some money in the future.

I suspect the starting eleven is close to the eleven that may start on August 5th, I would start with Ball, in a more forward role, with possibly Hendo and Rodney up front, this would mean dropping Mitchell to the bench.
Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 18:01 - Jul 18 with 4330 viewsBrierls

Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 16:53 - Jul 18 by NorthernDale

I may be a bit premature in suggesting this, but I think Oscar Kelly could make us some money in the future.

I suspect the starting eleven is close to the eleven that may start on August 5th, I would start with Ball, in a more forward role, with possibly Hendo and Rodney up front, this would mean dropping Mitchell to the bench.

Aye. Lets sign a forward, but not play him to accommodate Ball in a more forward role. Idiot.
Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 19:39 - Jul 18 with 3834 viewsTVOS1907

Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 16:53 - Jul 18 by NorthernDale

Did you go to Radcliffe?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 19:42 - Jul 18 with 3822 viewsNorthernDale

No, sadly I was busy.
Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 19:46 - Jul 18 with 3804 viewsTVOS1907

Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 19:42 - Jul 18 by NorthernDale

No, sadly I was busy.

So why are you suggesting Ball be pushed up front?

Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 20:21 - Jul 18 with 3641 viewsNorthernDale

What meant was in a more attacking midfield role, rather then a centre forward.
Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 20:25 - Jul 18 with 3581 viewsTVOS1907

Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 20:21 - Jul 18 by NorthernDale

What meant was in a more attacking midfield role, rather then a centre forward.

OK, but why?

What have you seen to suggest it might be a good idea?
[Post edited 18 Jul 2023 20:27]

Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 20:25 - Jul 18 with 3582 viewsJames1980

Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 19:46 - Jul 18 by TVOS1907

So why are you suggesting Ball be pushed up front?

Gerrim Forrad

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 12:24 - Jul 19 with 2761 viewsDaleiLama

Tranmere Rovers (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 14:51 - Jul 18 by SuddenLad

Must have been some challenge to get sent off. Usually the ref just tells the manager to replace the offender when it's a friendly/behind closed doors game.

Glad to see Dale are challenging well against perceived 'better opposition' and getting a win. It will do them a world of good.

Sinclair through on goal and chopped SL. Not that dirty, just following protocols I guess

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024