Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ULEZ passes 10:19 - Jul 28 with 9873 viewsRangersDave

how many peeps are going to be fcu'kd up now?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

ULEZ passes on 13:43 - Jul 29 with 1633 viewsSuperhoops2808

ULEZ passes on 12:44 - Jul 29 by kensalriser

If the car is worth £6k that's plenty enough to sell it and buy a car that's compliant.

Perhaps look at the cost of used vehicles that fall into a 'compliant' category and you will see thats not a viable option either - But thanks for the input
ULEZ passes on 13:45 - Jul 29 with 1629 viewsSuperhoops2808

ULEZ passes on 10:56 - Jul 29 by Ranger_Things

Sorry to hear about your mother in law. I would hope that if she/your wife/her carer needed to visit through ULEZ they would be covered by the disability clause.
https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/discounts-and-exemption

Thanks for that link. Had a look, but the hospital is outside ULEZ where she is treated so not sure they participate. There is absolutely nothing for carers whatsoever which is crazy because so many people do their own caring for their elderly relatives because of the lack of adequate care around.

Will give it a try with the hospital though so thanks
ULEZ passes on 13:48 - Jul 29 with 1611 viewsdenhamhoop2

ULEZ passes on 14:37 - Jul 28 by swisscottage

I moved 'out' of London ( Royal Docks area) to Rickmansworth 11 years ago and its the best single decision I've ever made. the only time I ever go into London now is for football and about 6 visits to family in SE London .. all of which are far easier on train and tube than driving at 20 miles an hour increasing my risk of an accident as I spend more like looking at my speedometer that paying attention to what's on the frickin road. The only time I drive through London now is on Christmas day. Thankfully Hertfordshire is not covered by the ULEZ.

The only annoyance is my 'quick route' to White City ( Drive to Ruislip Gardens and Central Line in) is now ULEZED... However as I've upped my walking as exercise, I now treat going to the Rs as an opportunity for two 4 mile walks to and from Marylebone... so thank you Mr Khan for the added incentive.

No need for the 4 mile walk 5 minute walk from Marylebone to Baker Street hop on the Hammersmith line to Wood Lane then 10 minute walk to the ground and reverse going back home
ULEZ passes on 14:15 - Jul 29 with 1574 viewskensalriser

ULEZ passes on 13:43 - Jul 29 by Superhoops2808

Perhaps look at the cost of used vehicles that fall into a 'compliant' category and you will see thats not a viable option either - But thanks for the input

I have. That's how I know £6k is comfortably enough to buy a compliant vehicle. £1k, different story.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

ULEZ passes on 14:36 - Jul 29 with 1538 viewsCateLeBonR

ULEZ passes on 13:48 - Jul 29 by denhamhoop2

No need for the 4 mile walk 5 minute walk from Marylebone to Baker Street hop on the Hammersmith line to Wood Lane then 10 minute walk to the ground and reverse going back home

I think he was saying the four mile walk was a positive thing.
ULEZ passes on 14:47 - Jul 29 with 1514 viewsessextaxiboy

ULEZ passes on 14:15 - Jul 29 by kensalriser

I have. That's how I know £6k is comfortably enough to buy a compliant vehicle. £1k, different story.

I only do 120 miles a week now but my mum lives in Romford and I play a lot of golf in the zone , just bought a compliant Hyundai i10 09 plate full Mot for 1500 quid 30 quid tax and as simple tech as possible .. it’s even got a tow bar !
ULEZ passes on 15:07 - Jul 29 with 1476 viewsPaddyhoops

ULEZ passes on 17:25 - Jul 28 by Benny_the_Ball

Inner London, I agree. Traffic is slow and this results in more emissions. It's the extension to Greater London that is debateable. Khan's own studies showed that extending the zone will make little to no difference to air quality in Outer London.

Moreover, if you look at policies in general, they're at odds with each other. For example, schemes like LTNs and 20mph zones result in more pollution. ICE cars are dirtier when running at low speed, in a low gear. Forcing them to drive through particular routes only increases congestion and, therefore, emissions.

This lack of supporting evidence and joined up approach demonstrates overwhelmingly that the extension to Outer London is little more than a cash grab.

Agreed . I drive a lot in central London . The amount of no right or no left turn signs has increased.
All it means is I have to travel further to get to my destination. More fuel used means more emissions.
In the city there are meters where you can park for four hours but then you have the ludicrous situation of drivers( mostly builders ) at 12.30
leaving their parking spaces to try and find another one that isn’t the same code as the one of they’ve parked in . I’ve often travelled miles to find another space. This is replicated by hundreds of other drivers. By allowing people to park again for another 4 hours as Westminster do , it would avoid more miles and more emissions. Dumb as f**k .
I’m getting an electric van next week so will avoid congestion charge but the lack of charging points will be an issue.
ULEZ passes on 12:04 - May 30 with 456 viewsSheffieldHoop

ULEZ passes on 13:30 - Jul 29 by izlingtonhoop

They haven't though

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/motoring-news/law-change-for-uk-drivers-in-fren

And more importantly, we are. Every time you see a van putting one up, you can guarantee within a couple of nights it'll be laying on the floor and/or covered in paint. The finest example of Civil resistance I have ever seen, makes "JustStopOil" and "Extinction Rebellion" look like a bunch of art school mugs (Which they are).

Christ knows what it's costing TFL, but at this point with the country so far gone, who even cares? Up the resistance.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Login to get fewer ads

ULEZ passes on 12:11 - May 30 with 421 viewsenfieldargh

years ago i had so many customers in central london but these a dwindled in time.

Many that survuved moved to outisde of central london with a cluster of them just inside the M25

Since ULEZ these businesses have seen a massive downturn in footfall and all are on the brink of closure....dragging me with them

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024