Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ULEZ passes 10:19 - Jul 28 with 9874 viewsRangersDave

how many peeps are going to be fcu'kd up now?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

ULEZ passes on 18:30 - Jul 28 with 2180 viewsArty

ULEZ passes on 12:50 - Jul 28 by ChrisNW6

I guess anyone, who falls outside of this 🤷

Diesel cars and vans: 2015 models and newer
Petrol cars and vans: 2006 models or newer
For motorbikes, it's 2007 and up

Freedom of information request to DVLA by Talk Radio informs there are 700,000 non compliant vehicles in expanded ULEZ area, not to mention the people that live outside area but travel in for work etc.
ULEZ passes on 18:39 - Jul 28 with 2159 viewsLblock

ULEZ passes on 13:30 - Jul 28 by QPR_Jim

Also in repetition of the electric car thread - The taxation approach to air pollution is in keeping with our stance on other potentially deadly activities. We are all still free to drink or smoke ourselves into an early grave, merely taxed for the pleasure, so I'm not sure why you'd expect them to take a harsher line with cars. Pollution wise you can still use 100's of bags a year for your shopping if you want but you'll have to pay for it.

It genuinely is no different approach than they take with any other thing that's bad for your health or the environment, so not sure what all the fuss and name calling is about.

Boom!

“Merely taxed for the pleasure” you say and you are bang on.
If you choose the pleasure of smoking or you choose the pleasure of drink then that’s fine.

Anybody, and I mean anybody, who chooses to drive in London for the pleasure has a screw loose. 99.99% of drivers in London do it through necessity or work.
The motorist long been a cash cow and the great climate lie just reinforces that approach

You want to have massive impact on air pollution, noise pollution and people’s lives? Then shut down Heathrow or be proper serious and ban cars full stop

I cannot believe people are sleepwalking into 15 minute cities, control and state taxation at levels never seen before. Mind boggling that many are actively welcoming it and they are the self same people who you’d think would be anti this sort of thing…..maybe they want a Trotts state controlled approach to life

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

ULEZ passes on 18:42 - Jul 28 with 2142 viewsBoston

ULEZ passes on 18:39 - Jul 28 by Lblock

Boom!

If you choose the pleasure of smoking or you choose the pleasure of drink then that’s fine.

Anybody, and I mean anybody, who chooses to drive in London for the pleasure has a screw loose. 99.99% of drivers in London do it through necessity or work.
The motorist long been a cash cow and the great climate lie just reinforces that approach

You want to have massive impact on air pollution, noise pollution and people’s lives? Then shut down Heathrow or be proper serious and ban cars full stop

I cannot believe people are sleepwalking into 15 minute cities, control and state taxation at levels never seen before. Mind boggling that many are actively welcoming it and they are the self same people who you’d think would be anti this sort of thing…..maybe they want a Trotts state controlled approach to life

Welcome to 'Davosville'.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

ULEZ passes on 19:16 - Jul 28 with 2099 viewsQPR_Jim

ULEZ passes on 18:39 - Jul 28 by Lblock

Boom!

You only get fined if you choose to drive and also drive a polluting car, most people if not all can change one or the other by using public transport or changing vehicles.

"state taxation at levels never seen before" - We don't even have high tax levels.
ULEZ passes on 19:41 - Jul 28 with 2050 viewsLblock

ULEZ passes on 19:16 - Jul 28 by QPR_Jim

You only get fined if you choose to drive and also drive a polluting car, most people if not all can change one or the other by using public transport or changing vehicles.

"state taxation at levels never seen before" - We don't even have high tax levels.

Seriously?

Wow…. I’ll let all the people who work with and for me know that they can “choose” to get on the bus with their power tools, my dog Walker (who is in tears) know she can choose to buy a new van and eat beans for two years.

You clearly aren’t wise to stealth taxation

Anyway - full on LFW entrenchment at play here and we’ll never agree so I’ll leave it there.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

ULEZ passes on 19:48 - Jul 28 with 2031 viewsHAYESBOY

ULEZ passes on 15:27 - Jul 28 by Benny_the_Ball

On the contrary, it'll get larger because Khan will alter the threshold for petrol cars. Then once he's done that, he'll find reasons to target Hybrids.

At the moment, the current ULEZ standard for diesel cars is Euro 6 but it's only Euro 4 for petrol cars. If he raises this standard to Euro 6, overnight millions of petrol cars registered between 2006 and 2015 will become liable to the charge.

Khan's got form for this. Prior to the extension to Hangar Lane, most diesel cars registered from 2012 were compliant. When the extension came in, Khan raised the threshold for diesel cars to 2015.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2023 15:37]

That's a lot of ifs.

Smells like a trout farm in here

ULEZ passes on 00:54 - Jul 29 with 1903 viewsPunteR

Also in repetition of the electric car thread - The taxation approach to air pollution is in keeping with our stance on other potentially deadly activities. We are all still free to drink or smoke ourselves into an early grave, merely taxed for the pleasure, so I'm not sure why you'd expect them to take a harsher line with cars. Pollution wise you can still use 100's of bags a year for your shopping if you want but you'll have to pay for it.

It genuinely is no different approach than they take with any other thing that's bad for your health or the environment, so not sure what all the fuss and name calling is about.

Its a f''king con. give it up mate.
Honestly .
Just listen to yourself.

If you think paying another ÂŁ12.50 to drive into london to see family is fair than you are a massive bellend

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

ULEZ passes on 04:06 - Jul 29 with 1867 viewsloftupper

ULEZ passes on 00:54 - Jul 29 by PunteR

Honestly .
Just listen to yourself.

If you think paying another ÂŁ12.50 to drive into london to see family is fair than you are a massive bellend

Who ever said anything in this Country is fair? Surely this is just the bit that bothers you.
Login to get fewer ads

ULEZ passes on 05:59 - Jul 29 with 1820 viewsBenny_the_Ball

ULEZ passes on 19:48 - Jul 28 by HAYESBOY

That's a lot of ifs.

That's a lot of bollocks.

It's only 1 if - Khan changing the ULEZ standard for petrol cars. That one change brings millions more cars into the equation. He's done it before and, I'll wager that he'll do it again.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2023 6:03]
ULEZ passes on 06:07 - Jul 29 with 1816 viewsBenny_the_Ball

"It genuinely is no different approach than they take with any other thing"

Exactly. It's cash grab, just like all the other measures you mentioned.
ULEZ passes on 06:12 - Jul 29 with 1813 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Honestly .
Just listen to yourself.

And that's just for ULEZ. It's a further ÂŁ15 if you enter the congestion zone. Then you have extortionate parking fees, and the inevitable fine that drops through the letterbox for the heinous crime of driving at 23mph (whilst being overtaken by an unregistered, unlicensed, uninsured, untaxed electric scooter doing 30mph).

The whole thing is a con with honest motorists being treated as cash cows.
ULEZ passes on 08:18 - Jul 29 with 1758 viewsRanger_Things

“The great climate lie”
“15 minute cities”
“ LTNs and 20mph zones result in more pollution”
“Davos”

This thread is less than 2 pages long and my Nutjob Conspiracy Theory Bingo Card is already half full.
I just need “5g”, “Bill Gates”, “ Covid hoax” and “Jewish space lasers” for the win.

Eyes down…
ULEZ passes on 08:26 - Jul 29 with 1734 viewsbosh67

ULEZ passes on 13:15 - Jul 28 by Lblock

In a repetition from the electric cars thread......

This is absolutely about peoples health and the........ pay attention at the back whilst I restate this with my deadpan expression Khanstyle.......... "4,000 premature deaths of Londoners each year"

It is absolutely not about grabbing money and rolling out a CCTV network of control by stealth under this guise.

But listen, if you've got ÂŁ12.50 a day to spend you can just continue killing Londoners.
Zero irony.

There will be a procession of people saying their lycra isn't full of soot each morning as they cycle into work and their Tai Soya Milk Frappacino tastes soooooooooo much better. All for it.
Then their pockets will start to slowly have more space in them when the delivery driver charges more, the window cleaner can't get to them and a pricier fella is needed, when the builder whacks on extra ÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁ's due to transport costs and then there will be tears of anguish in that Frappacino citing "cost of living crisis"

I long for the utopia where everybody just stops driving - the place will grind to an absolute standstill and Khant and the rest will be in a mess looking for something else to tax

London is becoming an increasingly difficult city to live in.

This really.

Pay money and you can continue killing people, seems to be the mantra.

In my case for driving a 57 plate diesel Kia ceed I seem to pay ÂŁ17.50 rather than ÂŁ12.50. Not sure how that has happened. For me you either have a car that can get into the zone or you don't. Paying to do your bit to kill people doesn't seem to be anything other than profiteering off the poor. Add that to the mortgage and interest rates and both parties are now aiming to kill us for being poor.

God I hope the Tories don't get back in and although Labour will claim that the Tories started the whole ULEZ thing, it feels like Khan and therefore Labour's mission to roll out ULEZ throughout most of the south could actually lose them the election. Starmer has said as much but he's just far too weak to take this situation in hand. Just stand back and batter the poor like everyone else.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

ULEZ passes on 08:41 - Jul 29 with 1706 viewsderbyhoop

Against ULEZ
It will cost 12.50 per day if you drive 1 of the 10% of cars that dont comply

For
4000 additional deaths in London due to pollution
Anybody remember the young girl whose death was directly related to pollution from the main road where she lived

Increased cases of respiratory diseases, including asthma and COPD
The hottest July in history - even if not in UK
Wildfires all over the Mediterranean
Global warming adding 1.5% to avg temperatures, leading to sea levels rising, which will wipe out certain low lying regions

So balance the extra cost against the climate change before deciding which side you come down on.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

ULEZ passes on 08:47 - Jul 29 with 1694 viewsThGrimRanger

ULEZ must be a wet dream for the transport unions - we already have the highest paid train drivers in europe (30% higher than Danish drivers who are in 2nd place).

bet they can’t wait til they have this extra leverage of even more people depending on them
[Post edited 29 Jul 2023 8:48]

TheGrimRanger

ULEZ passes on 08:53 - Jul 29 with 1687 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Perhaps if a scrappage scheme had been offered then it might have been easier to accept. It just looks like a money making machine.

I feel for all the NHS workers,self employed and every other low wage worker who now has to pay for the privilege to drive into London to do the jobs the islington/Notting Hill set feel is beneath them.

Workers of the World, unite!
ULEZ passes on 08:57 - Jul 29 with 1682 viewsjoe90

ULEZ passes on 08:41 - Jul 29 by derbyhoop

Against ULEZ
It will cost 12.50 per day if you drive 1 of the 10% of cars that dont comply

For
4000 additional deaths in London due to pollution
Anybody remember the young girl whose death was directly related to pollution from the main road where she lived

Increased cases of respiratory diseases, including asthma and COPD
The hottest July in history - even if not in UK
Wildfires all over the Mediterranean
Global warming adding 1.5% to avg temperatures, leading to sea levels rising, which will wipe out certain low lying regions

So balance the extra cost against the climate change before deciding which side you come down on.

The girl you’re talking about lived in my borough and her mother has been a big critic of the LTN scheme. We were also one of the first boroughs to introduce ULEZ…

The schemes have only reduced traffic in the affluent LTN areas and the reports and reporting has been very questionable.

Our council disregarded a consultation where the majority of respondents said they wanted to scrap the scheme.

We also had a court case about traffic restriction signs not being clear enough after a FOI request revealed how much money one camera was making. The council had to change the sign to clearly explain the restrictions.

What this all tells me is that these schemes are about generating much needed income and improving air quality in selected affluent areas with residence who are more likely to vote Labour. It’s no coincident that the girl who died was black and that the majority of people who live in the LTN zone are white and that’s in one of the most diverse boroughs in London. Go figure.

The climate issue needs radical solutions, you won’t get that from Labour or Conservatives.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2023 8:59]
ULEZ passes on 09:01 - Jul 29 with 1675 viewsQPR_Jim

Honestly .
Just listen to yourself.

Thanks for the feedback.

I guess what gets me annoyed reading the thread is the all or nothing ban, cars or leave things as they are comments from people who absolutely don't want cars banned so in essence are saying don't change things because they suit me as they are. That's not a compelling argument to me.

If you're driving into the ULEZ zones the likelihood is there are public transport options if your car isn't exempt (which a lot of cars are). This may be less convenient but again there are numerous examples of where you pay extra for convenience, there are also plenty of examples of having to pay for taking unhealthy or polluting options. So to me the outrage is unfounded as its not an earth shatteringly different concept.
ULEZ passes on 10:37 - Jul 29 with 1574 viewsSuperhoops2808

Ok, so we seem to have so many experts on here maybe some can explain how this is fair for Mrs Superhoop and I

Her mother is terminally ill with cancer and lives just over the border in Kent. My wife has to drive 10 minutes into Kent from our home twice or three times a day to care for her and take her to appointments that are also in Kent. Her car is non compliant so she has to pay the ULEZ. She never drives into London with it because to get in to London there is adequate public transport

So lets run with one suggestion made here, take the plentiful public transport. Clearly you dont live in Kent, but anyway that means taking at least 2 buses just to get to her mothers and her mother is in no condition to travel on a bus. So, that suggestion falls flat.

This nonsense of the percentage of cars being non compliant is unfounded, because no one actually knows, not even TFL because their figures were found to be inconsistent. Plenty of FOI requests have all come up against stonewalls from TFL.

The scrappage scheme would give my wife ÂŁ2,000 for a car that is worth ÂŁ6,000, so thats out the question too.

I am not against the ULEZ but it should target people who ARE going into London. There are a significant amount of people who this will effect who are just doing their tasks for caring etc and there must be a better method than this blanket approach that the Mayor is introducing.

P.S: Whilst the tube is dusty, I would be amazed if 32% of it was asbestos but anyway
ULEZ passes on 10:56 - Jul 29 with 1532 viewsRanger_Things

ULEZ passes on 10:37 - Jul 29 by Superhoops2808

Ok, so we seem to have so many experts on here maybe some can explain how this is fair for Mrs Superhoop and I

Her mother is terminally ill with cancer and lives just over the border in Kent. My wife has to drive 10 minutes into Kent from our home twice or three times a day to care for her and take her to appointments that are also in Kent. Her car is non compliant so she has to pay the ULEZ. She never drives into London with it because to get in to London there is adequate public transport

So lets run with one suggestion made here, take the plentiful public transport. Clearly you dont live in Kent, but anyway that means taking at least 2 buses just to get to her mothers and her mother is in no condition to travel on a bus. So, that suggestion falls flat.

This nonsense of the percentage of cars being non compliant is unfounded, because no one actually knows, not even TFL because their figures were found to be inconsistent. Plenty of FOI requests have all come up against stonewalls from TFL.

The scrappage scheme would give my wife ÂŁ2,000 for a car that is worth ÂŁ6,000, so thats out the question too.

I am not against the ULEZ but it should target people who ARE going into London. There are a significant amount of people who this will effect who are just doing their tasks for caring etc and there must be a better method than this blanket approach that the Mayor is introducing.

P.S: Whilst the tube is dusty, I would be amazed if 32% of it was asbestos but anyway

Sorry to hear about your mother in law. I would hope that if she/your wife/her carer needed to visit through ULEZ they would be covered by the disability clause.
https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/discounts-and-exemption
ULEZ passes on 11:26 - Jul 29 with 1505 viewsNov77

There are 766 TFL staff earning over ÂŁ100,000 a year. Ball park figure that is around ÂŁ100million a year they need to find just to pay the wages of those individuals.

If it was about pollution they would ban those cars, but they are saying “as long as you pay us money you can pollute as much as you like”

Also, they have sabotaged the roads, reducing two lane roads down to one, closing off roads, and whole neighbourhoods (ltn’s), result? For the last two years London has been named the slowest place to travel by road of any city in the world.

This is something that doesn’t get mentioned at all in this debate, There is now one mini cab for every 80 people in London. There used to be around 50,000, there are now 106,000. Remember when minicabs used to be parked up outside local mini cab offices waiting for jobs to be allocated to them? Now they are all driving round central London, empty, using their phones to solicit work.
TfL are even allowing mini cabs registered in places like Wolverhampton to work in London, oh, and tfl are STILL handing out three or four HUNDRED new mini cab licenses every WEEK!. At ÂŁ300 per driver AND ÂŁ300 per vehicle (renewable every three years) it is another cash cow for them.

Khan causes the problem of congestion and pollution then tells you you’re going to have pay him money because of it. Anyone who believes khan’s BS is naive as they come.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

ULEZ passes on 12:40 - Jul 29 with 1415 viewsBeckenhamhoop

This thread just confirms my positive opinion of the French. We moan but pay the charge. The French would be ripping the ULEZ cameras out of the ground.
ULEZ passes on 12:44 - Jul 29 with 1410 viewskensalriser

ULEZ passes on 10:37 - Jul 29 by Superhoops2808

If the car is worth ÂŁ6k that's plenty enough to sell it and buy a car that's compliant.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

ULEZ passes on 13:27 - Jul 29 with 1348 viewsPunteR

ULEZ passes on 09:01 - Jul 29 by QPR_Jim

Thanks for the feedback.

I guess what gets me annoyed reading the thread is the all or nothing ban, cars or leave things as they are comments from people who absolutely don't want cars banned so in essence are saying don't change things because they suit me as they are. That's not a compelling argument to me.

If you're driving into the ULEZ zones the likelihood is there are public transport options if your car isn't exempt (which a lot of cars are). This may be less convenient but again there are numerous examples of where you pay extra for convenience, there are also plenty of examples of having to pay for taking unhealthy or polluting options. So to me the outrage is unfounded as its not an earth shatteringly different concept.

Why would i pay for public transport when i already pay to have a car. ?.
Its an absolute con mate.
Apologies for insinuating you're a bellend btw. I really need to stay off this site when i have a drink. I know your not. It just boils my piss how much liberty gets taken.
I'm not even saying there isn't a pollution problem either but charging the general public on top of all the other taxes is just plain wrong.
Where the f@ck is all our money going? Tax, council tax, car tax, fuel tax, tax on food, drink . The list goes on.
I get charged double just to park my diesel engine van in some areas. The whole thing is rotten to the core. It comes down to poor management. Poor management of our finances and poor management of people.
ÂŁ12.50. ? Where do they even get this figure from? Why not ÂŁ50? If it makes that much difference and saves people's lives. Why not ÂŁ100?
It's all just complete bollox.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

ULEZ passes on 13:30 - Jul 29 with 1337 viewsizlingtonhoop

ULEZ passes on 12:40 - Jul 29 by Beckenhamhoop

This thread just confirms my positive opinion of the French. We moan but pay the charge. The French would be ripping the ULEZ cameras out of the ground.

They haven't though

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/motoring-news/law-change-for-uk-drivers-in-fren
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024