Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away fans in home areas 16:29 - Aug 2 with 1197 viewsWinchesterExile

I’ve seen so many moans about away fans in home areas I’m starting to get sick of it. You can do something about it. All of us want St Mary’s to be an intimidating place the for the opposition. This applies to both away teams and fans. We can make it tough for teams with our singing and shouting to create an atmosphere. We can make it impossible for away fans in home areas by calling them out, giving them dogs abuse and alerting stewards.

Are you men or mice? Take action and do something about it instead of sitting on your hands and moaning on a fans board. It doesn’t happen at Milwall and lots of clubs whose fans just won’t put up with it. Make Saints one if them. Make away fans think ‘I’m not going in a home area at St Mary’s it’s not worth it.

St Mary’s is our place to defend. Defend it FFS.
Away fans in home areas on 16:37 - Aug 2 with 1167 viewsPatfromPoole

Shouldn’t happen too often this season, wouldn’t have thought.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Away fans in home areas on 16:47 - Aug 2 with 1153 viewsSouthamptonfan

I'm am one of many who was "sick" of mostly Liverpool, Man U, Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea fans in amongst us whenever we played them. Firstly, I and many around me, did make a fuss and "get them out". However, is it our job? Can we not expect the club to police their own policy stated clearly on the ticket "Home fans only". Seeing people with away shirts on, sat in home areas, against the rules of entry and the stewards just stood there looking (in some instances).

The Saints fans around me did in fact then "cause a fuss" until they were thrown out or we had to "push" them out ourselves. But most of the time, the problem was when they jumped up and celebrated when the opposition scored. The Saints fans definitely did react and they did get them out. But it doesn't mean us fans didn't want the club to stop it, so we can enjoy the game instead of having to constantly do the job of the stewards and club? But don't get me wrong, I am all for making St Mary's an intimidating place for the opposition and their fans, I agree with you. But Saints fans near me certainly didn't just put up with it, they did defend it. But it got annoying game after game.

But there is a deeper element to this. One of the reasons there were so many away fans in home areas was because our own fans didn't want and couldn't pay £60 plus for a ticket, so these were mopped up by foreign tourists and away fans who were willing to pay. But we won't face the problem this year, because prices are reasonable lots of Saints fans have bought more season tickets than ever, so the seats are already sold to home fans. My point in the other thread was that I'm looking forward to the championship, one of the reasons being that we can enjoy the game, amongst passionate Saints fans (who can now afford to come) rather than having to keep throwing out away fans. It won't happen this year, so you won't hear much about it this year, you will be pleased to know. Plus, If I do happen to spot a Rotherham or Preston fan sat amongst us I probably wouldn't mind. It's all the mouthy, glory hunting idiots of the top clubs, we couldn't stand.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 16:53]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Away fans in home areas on 17:05 - Aug 2 with 1109 viewsSFC_Referee

Tbf I don’t think we’ll need to worry about this much in the championship unless we make the playoffs or get some of the “top 6” in the cups. As I wouldn’t be too surprised if most teams we face at St Mary’s don’t take their full ticket allocation anyway. And that is only gonna help the atmosphere out, although sending the away end to the chapped with all those quiet family end supporters, and combining the Itchen north and Northam would make a huge difference. But I do also think that the affordable price to tickets will also help this season for how well get less of the armchair fans and more of the proper ones seeing how they can now afford to go to the games.

But anyway away fans in a home section ain’t necessary a big deal when they go unnoticed, as I dunno about anyone else on here’s but I’ve been to a few away games that were sold out in the away end for us, so got a ticket through the home team anyway. But whenever I was there I didn’t wear any saints clothing, wouldn’t sing either sides song and wouldn’t celebrate if we scored yet would just stand up if they did (although that’s surprisingly never happened in the few away games I was in the home section for).
As having away fans in the home section like that, isn’t such a big deal as they are giving money to the club and aren’t exactly helping their team out by creating an atmosphere or such, but it does become an issue when they are wearing blatant oppositions clothing, are celebrating and singing songs when their team scores, and are just soo blatantly an away fan. As they’re the sorta idiots that I hated seeing whenever we played any of those “top 6” last season, with all the South Koreans against spurs, scousers for Liverpool, and blatant tourist like glory hunters for the rest! But that’s where the stewards should be doing more and refusing entry when they are in the opposing teams kit, and being straight on it when the they are causing issues with how they react during the game.

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Away fans in home areas on 17:14 - Aug 2 with 1094 viewsIfonly

Away fans in home areas on 16:47 - Aug 2 by Southamptonfan

I'm am one of many who was "sick" of mostly Liverpool, Man U, Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea fans in amongst us whenever we played them. Firstly, I and many around me, did make a fuss and "get them out". However, is it our job? Can we not expect the club to police their own policy stated clearly on the ticket "Home fans only". Seeing people with away shirts on, sat in home areas, against the rules of entry and the stewards just stood there looking (in some instances).

The Saints fans around me did in fact then "cause a fuss" until they were thrown out or we had to "push" them out ourselves. But most of the time, the problem was when they jumped up and celebrated when the opposition scored. The Saints fans definitely did react and they did get them out. But it doesn't mean us fans didn't want the club to stop it, so we can enjoy the game instead of having to constantly do the job of the stewards and club? But don't get me wrong, I am all for making St Mary's an intimidating place for the opposition and their fans, I agree with you. But Saints fans near me certainly didn't just put up with it, they did defend it. But it got annoying game after game.

But there is a deeper element to this. One of the reasons there were so many away fans in home areas was because our own fans didn't want and couldn't pay £60 plus for a ticket, so these were mopped up by foreign tourists and away fans who were willing to pay. But we won't face the problem this year, because prices are reasonable lots of Saints fans have bought more season tickets than ever, so the seats are already sold to home fans. My point in the other thread was that I'm looking forward to the championship, one of the reasons being that we can enjoy the game, amongst passionate Saints fans (who can now afford to come) rather than having to keep throwing out away fans. It won't happen this year, so you won't hear much about it this year, you will be pleased to know. Plus, If I do happen to spot a Rotherham or Preston fan sat amongst us I probably wouldn't mind. It's all the mouthy, glory hunting idiots of the top clubs, we couldn't stand.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 16:53]

Yep.
Away fans in home areas on 17:44 - Aug 2 with 1054 viewsNYC_Saint

Away fans in home areas on 17:05 - Aug 2 by SFC_Referee

Tbf I don’t think we’ll need to worry about this much in the championship unless we make the playoffs or get some of the “top 6” in the cups. As I wouldn’t be too surprised if most teams we face at St Mary’s don’t take their full ticket allocation anyway. And that is only gonna help the atmosphere out, although sending the away end to the chapped with all those quiet family end supporters, and combining the Itchen north and Northam would make a huge difference. But I do also think that the affordable price to tickets will also help this season for how well get less of the armchair fans and more of the proper ones seeing how they can now afford to go to the games.

But anyway away fans in a home section ain’t necessary a big deal when they go unnoticed, as I dunno about anyone else on here’s but I’ve been to a few away games that were sold out in the away end for us, so got a ticket through the home team anyway. But whenever I was there I didn’t wear any saints clothing, wouldn’t sing either sides song and wouldn’t celebrate if we scored yet would just stand up if they did (although that’s surprisingly never happened in the few away games I was in the home section for).
As having away fans in the home section like that, isn’t such a big deal as they are giving money to the club and aren’t exactly helping their team out by creating an atmosphere or such, but it does become an issue when they are wearing blatant oppositions clothing, are celebrating and singing songs when their team scores, and are just soo blatantly an away fan. As they’re the sorta idiots that I hated seeing whenever we played any of those “top 6” last season, with all the South Koreans against spurs, scousers for Liverpool, and blatant tourist like glory hunters for the rest! But that’s where the stewards should be doing more and refusing entry when they are in the opposing teams kit, and being straight on it when the they are causing issues with how they react during the game.

When I last lived in London 20 plus years ago, id often watch Saints from home end at Chelsea or Arsenal as they were easy to get to and easy to get tickets. No one seemed to mind that I wasn't singing along etc. I wouldn't have gone to Upton Park though and I think that is what the original poster's point is...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024