Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woking (A) Match Thread 19:00 - Aug 14 with 26861 viewsHullDale

[Post edited 14 Aug 2023 19:04]
Woking (A) Match Thread on 21:51 - Aug 15 with 3693 viewsEdindale

Different XI same outcome.
Back to the drawing board and shades of last season.
Hope Rodney is fit for Saturday because we need to beat Eastleigh.
Woking (A) Match Thread on 21:52 - Aug 15 with 3683 viewsIOMDale

I enjoyed the Ebbsfleet game in spite of the result because we were clearly the better side. Tonight’s second half performance was an abomination, I’m still angry about it now, Woking were utterly toss.

UTDNFS

Woking (A) Match Thread on 21:52 - Aug 15 with 3682 viewsTrev

Woking (A) Match Thread on 21:50 - Aug 15 by SandyDrum

Might sound dramatic and reactionary but I hope McNulty gives Ferguson a massive bollocking in that dressing room.

Pretending to have a head injury so he had to go off for 30 seconds and leaving us with 10 men was purely embarrassing. We don’t need that type of play and can’t afford those sorts of mistakes.

How do you know he was pretending?
Woking (A) Match Thread on 21:52 - Aug 15 with 3671 viewsswiggy

Embarrassing but totally predictable. We have talked the talk but not walked the walk, if these players are totally committed to playing for Rochdale, I can’t see it.
Woking (A) Match Thread on 21:53 - Aug 15 with 3669 viewsjoecooke

Might sound dramatic and reactionary but I hope McNulty gives Ferguson a massive bollocking in that dressing room.

Pretending to have a head injury so he had to go off for 30 seconds and leaving us with 10 men was purely embarrassing. We don’t need that type of play and can’t afford those sorts of mistakes.

I dont like timewasting as a general rule but when your getting beat takes the biscuit.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Woking (A) Match Thread on 21:53 - Aug 15 with 3624 viewsTrev

Woking (A) Match Thread on 21:52 - Aug 15 by IOMDale

I enjoyed the Ebbsfleet game in spite of the result because we were clearly the better side. Tonight’s second half performance was an abomination, I’m still angry about it now, Woking were utterly toss.

Even now less than ten minutes after the whistle? 😱
Woking (A) Match Thread on 21:55 - Aug 15 with 3567 viewsSandyDrum

Woking (A) Match Thread on 21:52 - Aug 15 by Trev

How do you know he was pretending?

Probably something to do with him not requiring any treatment, springing up and yelling at the referee within 10 seconds of him stopping the play, getting booked in the process.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Woking (A) Match Thread on 21:55 - Aug 15 with 3547 viewsIOMDale

Woking (A) Match Thread on 21:53 - Aug 15 by Trev

Even now less than ten minutes after the whistle? 😱

Yeah, it doesn’t take me long to get over a result either way. Maybe you’re a delicate flower though, take a bit longer.

UTDNFS

Login to get fewer ads

Woking (A) Match Thread on 21:59 - Aug 15 with 3468 viewsdawlishdale

Woking (A) Match Thread on 21:49 - Aug 15 by Trev

I think we're going to see more games like this this season. Kamikaze defending, woeful finishing and ridiculous officiating. Result aside, the second half was an entertaining watch.

Not so much entertaining, as downright frustrating. All too often we got in decent areas only to take the easy sideways or (more annoyingly) backwards pass instead of crossing or having a shot. Apart from our first goal, I can't remember another shot on target until we scored our second right near the end.

Not enough skill in the forward line up (barring Sinclair, and an all too brief cameo from Hendo; and Sinclair spent much of the second half playing as left wing back which is a complete waste) The winger from Chesterfield has pace to burn, but is oh so raw. I am not sure if he can be made into a good player; such is his lack of any end product whatsoever. Reminds me of a dog chasing a balloon.

I like the look of East in midfield. Think he and Clayton will be fine, which means that Gilmour will have to play behind them I assume?

The referee was also raw, and probably inexperienced. Very card happy. But ultimately, not at fault for the result. we have to look at our own tactics for the reason why we lost that one I'm afraid.
Woking (A) Match Thread on 22:00 - Aug 15 with 3433 viewsSaxonDale

Rewatch it. Their striker clearly hits Ferguson in the face with his forearm- it's borderline a sending off. Absolute joke of a decision from the referee, compounded by the new rules saying Ferguson had to go off for 30 seconds!
Woking (A) Match Thread on 22:03 - Aug 15 with 3371 viewsSandyDrum

Woking (A) Match Thread on 22:00 - Aug 15 by SaxonDale

Rewatch it. Their striker clearly hits Ferguson in the face with his forearm- it's borderline a sending off. Absolute joke of a decision from the referee, compounded by the new rules saying Ferguson had to go off for 30 seconds!

I’ll have a rewatch when it goes live on National League TV, I might have missed it but the way he got up he seemed fine so I apologise if I’m wrong.

Woking (A) Match Thread on 22:05 - Aug 15 with 3331 viewsTrev

Woking (A) Match Thread on 21:59 - Aug 15 by dawlishdale

Not so much entertaining, as downright frustrating. All too often we got in decent areas only to take the easy sideways or (more annoyingly) backwards pass instead of crossing or having a shot. Apart from our first goal, I can't remember another shot on target until we scored our second right near the end.

Not enough skill in the forward line up (barring Sinclair, and an all too brief cameo from Hendo; and Sinclair spent much of the second half playing as left wing back which is a complete waste) The winger from Chesterfield has pace to burn, but is oh so raw. I am not sure if he can be made into a good player; such is his lack of any end product whatsoever. Reminds me of a dog chasing a balloon.

I like the look of East in midfield. Think he and Clayton will be fine, which means that Gilmour will have to play behind them I assume?

The referee was also raw, and probably inexperienced. Very card happy. But ultimately, not at fault for the result. we have to look at our own tactics for the reason why we lost that one I'm afraid.

We are where we are, scrapping it out in a pub league.
Maybe I'm just numb to all the defeats after the last 5 years? Key for me this season is enjoying going to games again, I think I will. In any case, we best get used to it, I doubt we'll be back in the EFL anytime soon so may as well enjoy the ride.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 22:08]
Woking (A) Match Thread on 22:08 - Aug 15 with 3254 viewsfrenzied

Considering this team is largely brand new I thought lots of the play tonight was tidy, moved the ball around well,no real panic at the back all look happy that receive the ball in tight situations.

We deserved a point at least,

Need more punch up front and the midfield players need to shoot when the opportunity arises.

Impressed with the new young lads.

im dissapointed but not dis heartened.

Let’s see where we are after 10 games
Woking (A) Match Thread on 22:13 - Aug 15 with 3150 viewsJames1980

Woking (A) Match Thread on 22:03 - Aug 15 by SandyDrum

I’ll have a rewatch when it goes live on National League TV, I might have missed it but the way he got up he seemed fine so I apologise if I’m wrong.

Watched online and the home commentary team were claiming justice had been done when Ferguson was booked after the 'head injury'. I'm assuming that the physio advised the player if he was alright to admit he was ok or risk missing Saturday's game due to head injury protocol. I'm not sure how the ref decided Ferguson was feigning a head injury.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Woking (A) Match Thread on 22:14 - Aug 15 with 3123 views49thseason

Two lengthy journeys and an unsettled team isnt a recipe for success, they need a day and half off now and regroup on Thursday afternoon. We are still short of a striker and with Rodney out I dont understand why Henderson was on the Bench. New lads are being thrown in the deep end two, three and four at a time, I get that McN has a lot to figure out but tinkering with what looked like a solid defensive unit at this point seems just daft. I would have settled for a 0-0 at 7.45 and even at half time he could have protected the lead a bit.....But he didn't. It actually sounds as if teams are trying to bully us physically, all the more reason for protecting what you have with another defender. Subbing at around 80 minutes when you are losing is too late, even if you are now accounting for over 10 minutes of time added on.
Woking (A) Match Thread on 22:17 - Aug 15 with 3104 viewsNorthernDale

I will be interested in what McNulty says, will he talk boll*cks about dominating the game or will he admit he bugg*red up in his team selection.

Why change a defence that as done okay, why start with Hendo on the bench and why is the no urgency in our style of play? These are valid questions, but sadly I fear that we have another BBM/Stockdale as our manager.

With the recent recruitment we have a starting 11 that is on paper, quite decent, so the team selection and our performance is disappointing to say the least.
Woking (A) Match Thread on 22:17 - Aug 15 with 3092 viewsdaleitetilidie

Thought we got what we deserved. Clueless first half. Lucky not to be 3-1 down. Second half we let them dominate first 20 mins and the damage was done. Too little too late last 20 but if we’d got an equaliser it would have been an injustice. Thought Woking were a decent team. Can see why they made the playoffs last season. Going to be a long season am afraid
Woking (A) Match Thread on 22:19 - Aug 15 with 3068 views_Windydale

Official site match report has a headline of 3-2 to rochdale. Get in!!
Woking (A) Match Thread on 22:26 - Aug 15 with 2969 viewsNewbury_Dale

Overall I would say a good performance despite the disappointment of the result. I enjoyed the way we moved the ball around; with far more purpose than Oxford. Ryan East looks a tremendous acquisition and him and Clayton could be a formidable partnership at this level if they play to the levels of tonight. Ferguson looks a very decent player also on that showing. Oduroh very comfortable at RB.

For me, its a better team than we've had for the last two seasons in League Two, and slowly but surely Jim is turning us into a team worth watching. I'm prepared to be patient as I think we're improving week on week and will have a good season.
Woking (A) Match Thread on 22:28 - Aug 15 with 2954 viewsSandyDrum

Looks like I definitely got this one wrong so my apologies to Mr Ferguson!

Woking (A) Match Thread on 22:28 - Aug 15 with 2946 viewsJames1980

Woking (A) Match Thread on 22:17 - Aug 15 by daleitetilidie

Thought we got what we deserved. Clueless first half. Lucky not to be 3-1 down. Second half we let them dominate first 20 mins and the damage was done. Too little too late last 20 but if we’d got an equaliser it would have been an injustice. Thought Woking were a decent team. Can see why they made the playoffs last season. Going to be a long season am afraid

Woking commentary team were scathing about their teams first half performance and you say they should've been 3-1 up harsh assessment by the commentators.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Woking (A) Match Thread on 22:44 - Aug 15 with 2794 viewsfirgrovedale51

Woking (A) Match Thread on 22:28 - Aug 15 by James1980

Woking commentary team were scathing about their teams first half performance and you say they should've been 3-1 up harsh assessment by the commentators.

In the build up to the third goal their commentary said Woking player was off side which just what I said but when they scored they never mentioned it again , he was definitely off side
Woking (A) Match Thread on 00:16 - Aug 16 with 2416 viewsDorkingDale

Woking (A) Match Thread on 21:52 - Aug 15 by swiggy

Embarrassing but totally predictable. We have talked the talk but not walked the walk, if these players are totally committed to playing for Rochdale, I can’t see it.

Nah Swiggy - at least this lot look as if they are trying. Big improvement in attitude this season (so far....)
Woking (A) Match Thread on 08:00 - Aug 16 with 1829 viewsEllGazzell

We played well and showed some great passing abilities. It is true, we are in need of improvement in some areas, but as has been said earlier in this thread, each week is showing improvement and the management team is gradually getting players in and forming up a rounded squad.

I also would rather watch this style of play than "gerrrrit forward". I want Dale to play football and entertain, and modern football is what Big Jim is trying to set the team out to play.

We need to support the management team in their endeavours and get right behind the lads on the pitch, somebody claimed earlier "they are not committed" or something along those lines - tosh - it is clear to see that these players are giving it a good go.

Up The Dale
[Post edited 16 Aug 2023 8:03]

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Woking (A) Match Thread on 08:26 - Aug 16 with 1749 viewsChaffRAFC

We shot ourselves in the foot last night unfortunately and didn't react well enough to different situations in the game.

But that being said, I've seen enough positives out of the first three games to suggest we'll be ok I think.

We're still very adjusting to life in the National League so it's disappointing seeing a few very harsh reactions. I think there's several things you have to consider, which may come across as excuses to some, but so be it, I think they're genuinely fair points:

The transition to the league - You only have to look at how long it took the likes of Scunthorpe and Oldham to get to grips with the league last season, and one of them didn't manage it. The other are now one of the title favourites, signing players on big wages and we've got as many points as they have so far. They won't be panicking.

The standard of officiating has definitely dropped, as you'd expect. We were denied a clear penalty in the opening game and I'd like to see the first Woking goal again last night because it didn't look over the line on the TV and there's no doubt that Kyle Ferguson got clattered and should have had a free kick.

The squad is a completely new one! Only 3 players who were with us last season started the game last night and we've made 12 new signings this summer there are 22 players who played for the club last season who aren't here this season when you include loans as well. It's the most transitional transfer window I can remember and it's going to take time for partnerships and relationships to build. We're also working on the lowest budget we have in years and have off-field issues going on in the background.

We're on 3 points from 3 games, we should be on 5 points minimum given how the games have gone, but given all the above, I didn't see us even getting 3 points by this stage. We're in a better position than I thought we would be and so far, my worries of back to back relegations have very much eased and I don't think we're far away at all from being able to push on, when we've managed to get to grips with the league.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024