Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Solent Fans’ Forum tonight 07:32 - Aug 15 with 3534 viewsPatfromPoole

Hoping to hear about new signings and an update on Block 1 potentially re-opening, but fully expecting involved debates about ladies’ football and VAR.

Any Uglies going?

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 09:03 - Aug 15 with 2589 viewssaintwizzler

No.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 09:45 - Aug 15 with 2567 viewsfranniesTache

Hopefully the privately educated Voice Of The Fans (tm) with no connection at all to our city is there to ask the important questions on behalf of us sotonian proles who can't possibly talk for ourselves.
Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 09:49 - Aug 15 with 2564 viewsButty101

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 09:45 - Aug 15 by franniesTache

Hopefully the privately educated Voice Of The Fans (tm) with no connection at all to our city is there to ask the important questions on behalf of us sotonian proles who can't possibly talk for ourselves.

Has the woman’s team got a goalkeeper and Centre back that could step up to the men’s team?

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 09:52 - Aug 15 with 2559 viewsPatfromPoole

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 09:45 - Aug 15 by franniesTache

And turning round after making his point to ensure that the cameras properly picked him out, yes?

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 10:47 - Aug 15 with 2500 viewsIanSouthstander

I'm going. I can't see them going into detail on forthcoming transfers , but i'll ask about block 1 reopening.
Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 11:37 - Aug 15 with 2459 viewsdirk_doone

Some of the fans who were in Block 1 have now moved into the Chapel end. Hopefully the "Improve Our Atmosphere" fan who's started the Chapel kop initiative will be there to see if the Club will get involved. Extending the family section to Block 19 behind the goal certainly hasn't helped.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 16:26 - Aug 15 with 2276 viewsAnonSaint1

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 11:37 - Aug 15 by dirk_doone

Some of the fans who were in Block 1 have now moved into the Chapel end. Hopefully the "Improve Our Atmosphere" fan who's started the Chapel kop initiative will be there to see if the Club will get involved. Extending the family section to Block 19 behind the goal certainly hasn't helped.

I'm not there tonight.

Already had good conversations with the Director of sales, Head of Customer Relations and Fan Experience, and Chief Operating Officer. All are supportive of the initiative. Up to the fans to make it work now!
Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 20:32 - Aug 15 with 2116 viewscocklebreath

Own up who was the bloke wearing a pink goalie shirt who wants us to be nicer to away fans? What a waste of 5 minutes

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Login to get fewer ads

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 20:57 - Aug 15 with 2083 viewsSouthamptonfan

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 20:32 - Aug 15 by cocklebreath

Own up who was the bloke wearing a pink goalie shirt who wants us to be nicer to away fans? What a waste of 5 minutes

A free beer for all those who have travelled, because they have travelled so far, but nothing for the long suffering loyal home support. That would go down well im sure. I think he was talking about the women's games to be honest, which would make sense as they are apparently all very well natured, happy, clappy, lovely games. In all seriousness, if we started making announcements, welcoming the away fans, I would never set foot in St Mary's again. What a stupid question.

There was so much time spent speaking to the women's manager, here there was only one hour. 99% of us arn't interested let's be honest. Surely they should have a separate one. Sorry very controversial 😲

Jason Wilcox comes across well. Not sure about Martin's resounding defence of Bazunu.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 21:05]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 21:06 - Aug 15 with 2055 viewsButty101

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 20:57 - Aug 15 by Southamptonfan

A free beer for all those who have travelled, because they have travelled so far, but nothing for the long suffering loyal home support. That would go down well im sure. I think he was talking about the women's games to be honest, which would make sense as they are apparently all very well natured, happy, clappy, lovely games. In all seriousness, if we started making announcements, welcoming the away fans, I would never set foot in St Mary's again. What a stupid question.

There was so much time spent speaking to the women's manager, here there was only one hour. 99% of us arn't interested let's be honest. Surely they should have a separate one. Sorry very controversial 😲

Jason Wilcox comes across well. Not sure about Martin's resounding defence of Bazunu.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 21:05]

I was only half listening to it. Did anyone in the audience ask about the woman’s team. I know Blackmore asked her a couple questions.
Also they didn’t convince me that they are really going for promotion and would be spending money on the experience needed. There was a comment about not buying players just to get us up for one season

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 21:08 - Aug 15 with 2052 viewsgrumpy

Why are our forums so NICE?
Anyone would think listening to that that everything is fine.
We have just been relegated,selling our best players,not seen too many new ones to get excited about and the manager thinks his Goalkeepers are fine etc etc
I suppose we might wake up one day.
Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 21:13 - Aug 15 with 2039 viewsSouthamptonfan

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 21:06 - Aug 15 by Butty101

I was only half listening to it. Did anyone in the audience ask about the woman’s team. I know Blackmore asked her a couple questions.
Also they didn’t convince me that they are really going for promotion and would be spending money on the experience needed. There was a comment about not buying players just to get us up for one season

I wasn't totally convinced listening to that, I have to say. I liked JW but it was all a bit too nice. Someone asked about having a real spine in the team,someone asked about the need for some tall, strong experienced players for set pieces. Answers were very vague and slightly dismissive. And of course the question about the goalkeeper was totally shut down.

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 21:15 - Aug 15 with 2031 viewsSouthamptonfan

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 21:08 - Aug 15 by grumpy

Why are our forums so NICE?
Anyone would think listening to that that everything is fine.
We have just been relegated,selling our best players,not seen too many new ones to get excited about and the manager thinks his Goalkeepers are fine etc etc
I suppose we might wake up one day.

I have to agree with you here. I think on the pitch there are positive signs but at a forum we should be grilling them and demanding success. It's was all very nice and wishy washy.

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 21:15 - Aug 15 with 2030 viewsSaintNick

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 21:13 - Aug 15 by Southamptonfan

I wasn't totally convinced listening to that, I have to say. I liked JW but it was all a bit too nice. Someone asked about having a real spine in the team,someone asked about the need for some tall, strong experienced players for set pieces. Answers were very vague and slightly dismissive. And of course the question about the goalkeeper was totally shut down.

This is a forum, no one is actually going to reveal any trade secrets in it

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 21:20 - Aug 15 with 2014 viewsSouthamptonfan

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 21:15 - Aug 15 by SaintNick

This is a forum, no one is actually going to reveal any trade secrets in it

I think the concerns of the fans should be acknowledged and taken seriously. It was valid point about lots of our players being too small, too weak. RM's defence of Bazunu could be master stroke if it improves his confidence, but the trust in RM will strongly dissipate if Bazunu doesn't perform and keeps making mistakes. I haven't seen anything in Bazunu yet, to confirm that he is good.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 21:21]

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 21:27 - Aug 15 with 1999 viewsgrumpy

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 21:15 - Aug 15 by Southamptonfan

I have to agree with you here. I think on the pitch there are positive signs but at a forum we should be grilling them and demanding success. It's was all very nice and wishy washy.

What got me was Martin saying there's no problem with goalkeepers(cue clapping from audience),we have conceded 5 in 2 games,4 at home and 3 against Gillingham from L2.
He seems happy that his forwards have scored a few as well, Armstrong has claimed one and scored 2 penalties and Adams 2 and may be sold.
Good spine of team!!! Are you joking?
I'm prepared to give him time but I am at this stage I'm not confident he knows what hes doing.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 21:33]
Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 21:45 - Aug 15 with 1948 viewsRon11

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 21:27 - Aug 15 by grumpy

What got me was Martin saying there's no problem with goalkeepers(cue clapping from audience),we have conceded 5 in 2 games,4 at home and 3 against Gillingham from L2.
He seems happy that his forwards have scored a few as well, Armstrong has claimed one and scored 2 penalties and Adams 2 and may be sold.
I'm prepared to give him time but I am at this stage I'm not confident he knows what hes doing.

He's just another manager who talks shit, and appears to be dismissive of other opinions with it.
Wake up time is coming.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 21:47]
Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 21:49 - Aug 15 with 1942 viewsPatfromPoole

I suppose he can’t do a Redknapp and openly say “they’re crap” to the fans.

I am concerned about this concept of focusing on having players who would potentially cope in the Prem. Let’s just bloody get there first.

The Championship requires a completely different approach to be successful.

Get the feeling Martin is seen as a long-term project, and wouldn’t be sacked if we finish mid-table this season. Or even next season.

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 21:56 - Aug 15 with 1905 viewsSouthamptonfan

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 21:49 - Aug 15 by PatfromPoole

I suppose he can’t do a Redknapp and openly say “they’re crap” to the fans.

I am concerned about this concept of focusing on having players who would potentially cope in the Prem. Let’s just bloody get there first.

The Championship requires a completely different approach to be successful.

Get the feeling Martin is seen as a long-term project, and wouldn’t be sacked if we finish mid-table this season. Or even next season.

The wider problem is that the owners keep appointing managers that wouldn't ever question the approach or say the team's cr@p or demand we spend serious money to success. They just wouldn't appoint a manager like that. So all our managers have and will continue to be in line with what the owners want, saying all the right things. Having said that, JW is an experienced football man who has won trophies at the highest level. You would hope that he knows what he is doing. I have enjoyed the performances on the pitch so far, just that tonight the same old failed messages crept back in, I thought. I.e. we don't need experience, we don't need tall players, this team has great potential blah blah blah.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 21:59]

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 21:59 - Aug 15 with 1899 viewsButty101

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 21:27 - Aug 15 by grumpy

Martins full 3 seasons as a manger has a league record of 134 games and 198 goals conceded. He also took over teams that were sound defensively and he made them worse. He’s not the man to sort the defense out

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 22:03 - Aug 15 with 1891 viewsIanSouthstander

After the Solent forum there was a Fans Advisary Board forum. An incarnation of Saints Voice.

The question of Block 1 was raised. It was suggested that Safe standing was being actively considered by the club and that Block 1 was the preferred location.

The Fans Advisary Board have a meeting with the club next week. So watch this space.
Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 22:12 - Aug 15 with 1862 viewsSaintNick

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 21:59 - Aug 15 by Butty101

Martins full 3 seasons as a manger has a league record of 134 games and 198 goals conceded. He also took over teams that were sound defensively and he made them worse. He’s not the man to sort the defense out

Lawrie McMenemy had a terrible defence at Saints for years until 1983/84 and suddenly we changed

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 22:15 - Aug 15 with 1852 viewsButty101

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 22:12 - Aug 15 by SaintNick

Lawrie McMenemy had a terrible defence at Saints for years until 1983/84 and suddenly we changed

Lawrie got rid of his shaky keepers Katalinic and wells. Then replaced them with Shilton. So we agree getting a new keeper is a good idea :—)

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 22:51 - Aug 15 with 1808 viewsRon11

Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 22:15 - Aug 15 by Butty101

Lawrie got rid of his shaky keepers Katalinic and wells. Then replaced them with Shilton. So we agree getting a new keeper is a good idea :—)

Yes, logic.
Doesn't seem to be in evidence at Saints anymore
Solent Fans’ Forum tonight on 01:06 - Aug 16 with 1665 viewsdirk_doone

Reading betweeen the lines, the plan is to be a mid-table Championship team until all of the youngsters bought from Man City and Chelsea's academies mature into first team players, get us promoted and then all get sold for a massive profit. I can see how the owners think that might work but I can also see that it could be a disaster. The sale of Lavia for a big profit while new players are brought in on free transfers or loans has obviously added fuel to the owners' dream but done nothing for building a Championship winning team..

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024