Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
They're not laughing now 14:44 - Sep 18 with 943 viewsApex

Hi Guys, when we were in the Premiership I tried several times to suggest that playing a 442 formation would result in more wins, that is providing that the two strikers have really good pace, or at least one of them has. Also that these two player must be told by the manager do not come deeper than the centre circle. The opposition are not too willing to push into your half of the field if you pose a constant threat to their own goal, you have to make them very nervous; and that is the best way to do it.

Formations that rely on a lone striker with no real pace is a clear invitation for the other side to push up and their midfield will reinforce their attack, this is precisely why we are getting hammered and everyone assumes it's a poor manager and/or defence, its actually the formation we play and lack of real pace in our central strikers.

The best way to proceed now is the same as I told you when we were in the Premiership, and some guys laughed back then at my suggestions and dire prediction if vital changes were not made, well here we are back in trouble again and they're not laughing now.

Write to the manager and ask him pretty please to play a 442, you never know he might even consider trying it.

APEX
They're not laughing now on 15:33 - Sep 18 with 829 viewssaintwizzler

Agreed.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

They're not laughing now on 16:10 - Sep 18 with 790 viewsPatfromPoole

It’s not just the 2 up front, much though I agree with this sentiment.

There is some also right old hari kari going on with the full-backs.

Rusty has somehow turned one of the better right-backs in the Prem into a mere shadow of it, not marauding up the wing as he used to.

The less said about the other full-back, the better.

When is Larios fit?

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

They're not laughing now on 16:34 - Sep 18 with 747 viewsIfonly

You're basically saying that we should carry a threat to break in behind the opposition defence with pace. OK, but:

1) Teams do that without needing 2 strikers on the halfway line. Look at Leicester's 4th goal. They had no one up-field at all, they had all of their players in their own box, but they still broke quickly and had 3 against Baz.

2) Putting 2 pacy strikers on the halfway line is of no use if you're not then going to play long balls into the space behind the defence before they drop back. That's not RM's style. He wants to build from the back. Changing 1 without the other makes no sense.

3) We have bigger problems than whether we're in a 442, 4222, 433 shape or anything else. The basic shape is just 1 part of the tactical approach. We won't solve the problems we've got just by changing shape.
They're not laughing now on 16:35 - Sep 18 with 737 viewskingslandstand1

They're not laughing now on 16:10 - Sep 18 by PatfromPoole

It’s not just the 2 up front, much though I agree with this sentiment.

There is some also right old hari kari going on with the full-backs.

Rusty has somehow turned one of the better right-backs in the Prem into a mere shadow of it, not marauding up the wing as he used to.

The less said about the other full-back, the better.

When is Larios fit?

You could also mention the full back that has been allowed to escape, not brilliant wonder but a damn sight better than the one you are referring to
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024