Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton V Ipswich Town The Verdict 09:30 - Sep 20 with 1943 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/60894/southampton-v-ipsw

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton V Ipswich Town The Verdict on 09:51 - Sep 20 with 1870 viewsButty101

Once again the line up was gash.
If Bednerek is fit enough to come on he should have started. Playing two nippers at centre back, who have played once together before and conceded 4 is crazy. Surely Holgate now hes been here a couple weeks is an option. He really cant be that bad.
Likewise why did Aribo start, desperation maybe?

The whole spine of the team is weak. Smallbone is not a holding midfielder.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton V Ipswich Town The Verdict on 10:01 - Sep 20 with 1835 viewssaintwizzler

A midfield of Adam Armstrong, Smallbone & Aribo was never going to work.
Bullied all game. It needed another DM bringing in during the transfer window.

Whilst Holgate & Bednarek sit on the bench our only real holding midfielder plays Centre Back.
Can’t blame the fans for picking the team.

Long way to go.
Saturday at Middlesbrough is going to be interesting.
Need to stop the rot.

Nice to see Hasenhüttl get a name check. It’s been a while.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Southampton V Ipswich Town The Verdict on 10:53 - Sep 20 with 1727 viewsIfonly

If you ask someone to do a task they're not familiar with, they won't be very confident. If you ask a young inexperienced midfielder to play CB in a team that has shipped a lot of goals, he won't be very confident. If you ask a forward to play midfield he won't be very confident. If you ask the team to play in a way that is both risky and beyond their capabilities, they won't be very confident. Yes, we have a confidence problem and there are good reasons for that.
Southampton V Ipswich Town The Verdict on 11:31 - Sep 20 with 1660 viewsForeverred

For me the line up was wrong, having just suffered a humiliating defeat against Leicester the line up only having one change in airibo which was a strange one.
Changes had to be made with bednerek coming back to central defence, Alcaraz, And Stuart Armstrong coming in to midfield to bolster the middle of the park , it was evident once these players were introduced after half time we become more of a threat going forwards, we are having the same problem as last season because the manager is not selecting his strongest side when they are available for selection.
Stop experimenting with two youngsters trying to implement your slow ponderous
Insistence of playing from the back in all situations if in doubt Shea Charles kick it long, this style is costing us dearly at the moment, we have the players Mr Martin so on occasions can we go direct like Sunderland did to us and it could paid dividends
Southampton V Ipswich Town The Verdict on 13:52 - Sep 20 with 1470 viewscocklebreath

There wasn’t many arguments about the line up?
Ffs Nick are you on a wind up? I don’t think anyone was happy with that starting 11, no surprise we improved once we bought on the right players and played players in their right positions

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Southampton V Ipswich Town The Verdict on 16:45 - Sep 20 with 1319 views1ASIN12

Southampton V Ipswich Town The Verdict on 13:52 - Sep 20 by cocklebreath

Ffs Nick are you on a wind up? I don’t think anyone was happy with that starting 11, no surprise we improved once we bought on the right players and played players in their right positions

Agree , all of our group in the pub were not happy with the line up and could see where it was weak.

As you say we improved when we made the subs especially at the back, even allowing for the fact we were virtually playing with 10 men due to Sulemana continuing his sulking and show little interest.
Southampton V Ipswich Town The Verdict on 17:28 - Sep 20 with 1274 viewsDorsetIan

The problem with this, 'we've got to give RM a chance' line is that it's not as if we can all see what he's trying to do and buy into it as a solid, sensible way of getting out of this league.

No, we see someone who came in offering a new style of possession football, which is boring as f*ck and which many of us thought was too much of an experiment - particularly given the mental fragility of the squad and the fact that RM hasn't exactly prospered with it in the past.

So...it does feel to me very much like the Nathan Jones debacle. Someone coming in claiming to offer a radical new way of playing and falling flat on his face.

So, while not calling for RM to be sacked, I wouldn't mind a jot if he was. I think he's taking us nowhere and think his days are numbered come what may.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Southampton V Ipswich Town The Verdict on 17:53 - Sep 20 with 1243 viewssaintsfanbrock

I feel like RM played this tactic on his PC game of Football Manager and it worked great when he was playing managing Man City but for some reason it just doesn’t seem to work with the teams he manages in real life.
Login to get fewer ads

Southampton V Ipswich Town The Verdict on 19:18 - Sep 20 with 1175 viewsButty101

Southampton V Ipswich Town The Verdict on 13:52 - Sep 20 by cocklebreath

Nick is in the pocket of the club. I doubt he really believes half the things he posts but is the mouth piece of the man

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton V Ipswich Town The Verdict on 21:37 - Sep 20 with 1089 viewssaint22

Southampton V Ipswich Town The Verdict on 11:31 - Sep 20 by Foreverred

For me the line up was wrong, having just suffered a humiliating defeat against Leicester the line up only having one change in airibo which was a strange one.
Changes had to be made with bednerek coming back to central defence, Alcaraz, And Stuart Armstrong coming in to midfield to bolster the middle of the park , it was evident once these players were introduced after half time we become more of a threat going forwards, we are having the same problem as last season because the manager is not selecting his strongest side when they are available for selection.
Stop experimenting with two youngsters trying to implement your slow ponderous
Insistence of playing from the back in all situations if in doubt Shea Charles kick it long, this style is costing us dearly at the moment, we have the players Mr Martin so on occasions can we go direct like Sunderland did to us and it could paid dividends

Unfortunately Wussell doesn't get it
He has favourites and his showings are all far too reminiscent of previous incarnates - playing people out of position, wrong line ups, strongest players benched, no plan B etc
At least with RH and his possession based football at first, it was fast and in your face and got us results
This is totally the opposite

I can't help think had SR backed RH with the money they have now squandered this last t=year plus we would be better off

We are now 3 shite managers in and who will want to come here now?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024