Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loftus Road renovation/revamp 13:14 - Sep 20 with 87203 viewsQPRConor2000

Given the news we heard this week from Ruben that LR is now more likely to be redeveloped over a new stadium, I wanted to open up a specific thread for it.

Any ideas on how we can improve LR.

NOTE: Serious ideas only.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 19:01 - Sep 27 with 4656 viewsStainrod

That local plan referenced above is horrific from a QPR perspective.

If they are treating Loftus Rd as open amenity land (which is a bit of a stretch) and saying that any new use will have to have a large open space, given it is less than 5 acres in total that massively reduces its value / scope for any future re-development. And making a move elsewhere even more expensive. I get the council not wanting to do a Swansea and subsidise the local football club by bunging us free land given the value of land locally but that is punitive.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2023 19:01]
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 19:04 - Sep 27 with 4633 viewsMedwayR

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 19:01 - Sep 27 by Stainrod

That local plan referenced above is horrific from a QPR perspective.

If they are treating Loftus Rd as open amenity land (which is a bit of a stretch) and saying that any new use will have to have a large open space, given it is less than 5 acres in total that massively reduces its value / scope for any future re-development. And making a move elsewhere even more expensive. I get the council not wanting to do a Swansea and subsidise the local football club by bunging us free land given the value of land locally but that is punitive.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2023 19:01]

I think it may have been designated as such to protect the club from being asset stripped during our days of being close to going under.

Poll: Who’s better?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 19:15 - Sep 27 with 4566 viewsNewBee

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 18:36 - Sep 27 by Northernr

The whole thing is a sad indictment on everybody involved.

There was an amazing opportunity there.

1 - Fore QPR to get a new stadium it desperately needs in the local area.

2 - For the Scrubs and the Scrubs group to get investment into the facility - changing rooms, a cafe, whatever they wanted really, get together and put together a dream shopping list and let's do it together. They won't be getting that now for this poxy £250k.

3 - for the council to get rid of a decaying facility and drain on its resources it cannot afford, and replace it with a brand new athletics venue completely without cost, which we would pay for.

For our part, QPR seemed to expect that as The Local Football Club they should just be handed a piece of public land, in a hugely valuable area, for nothing in return for said athletics stadium. Never going to happen, and nor should it happen either. They sent in intermediaries to do their bidding rather than doing it themselves and generally put the council's back up. Exactly the same as they did at OOC, shouting their mouth off and revealing plans too soon, pissing off Car Giant and others.

For the council's part, they were right to be pissd off by that, but they were not right to be chucking out unprofessional, aggressive statements constantly referring to our "foreign owners" (great look for a supposedly progressive Labour party, what does it matter where they're from?) in every release and accusing them of basically being Far Eastern property speculators looking to make a quick grab at the south side of SAR and dump the club in a nearby park. Like I say the development of LCS and opening up Loftus Road and that side of the road for public housing could have been a huge opportunity for both if they'd all got around the table and planned it that way, but they seemed to take against it and us from the start.

The Friends of Wormwood Scrubs also seemed to just go "anything but QPR" from the very beginning. Right down to meeting minutes referring to "thousands of football fans traipsing across the Scrubs every week" while at the same time "working closely with Secret Cinema to support the development of their assessments" for the Scrubs being taken over and sealed off to the public for big swathes of the summer so they can charge people hundreds of pounds a time for one of their fcking daft cosplay jamborees. Love to know how many people living in the immediate vicinity of the Scrubs can afford a ticket to one of those while their local greenspace is fenced off.

All in all it's a colossal failure, and for the council to be trumpeting a piffly little amount like this which as said above will barely touch the sides on what is a totally derelict facility is pathetic.

This post has been edited by an administrator

"All in all it's a colossal failure" - Agree entirely. But think of it this way, who suffers most from that failure to agree a deal?
LBH&F? They're happy enough, since they don't have to face down opposition to a new stadium from, well, just about everyone else, incl local voters/Council Tax payers, residents groups and existing LCS users;
Friends of Wormwood Scrubs? They're entirely happy, I should think;
QPR? Exactly! Meaning that with QPR having by far the greatest need, then you might expect them to do the most of the heavy lifting, especially when they've got sight more money than the Council.

"... for the council to be trumpeting a piffly little amount like this which as said above will barely touch the sides" - Putting a 90 second video on the Council website is hardly "trumpeting", is it? While if they didn't publicise it, people might be asking what they were hiding etc.

"...on what is a totally derelict facility is pathetic." There are only two possible outcomes for the site: (A) Leave it as it is, or (B) redevelop the whole place (though not with a football club).

And in either case, spending more than the minimum necessary i.e. a new track, is arguably a waste of money.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 23:18 - Sep 27 with 4252 viewsCateLeBonR

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 19:15 - Sep 27 by NewBee

"All in all it's a colossal failure" - Agree entirely. But think of it this way, who suffers most from that failure to agree a deal?
LBH&F? They're happy enough, since they don't have to face down opposition to a new stadium from, well, just about everyone else, incl local voters/Council Tax payers, residents groups and existing LCS users;
Friends of Wormwood Scrubs? They're entirely happy, I should think;
QPR? Exactly! Meaning that with QPR having by far the greatest need, then you might expect them to do the most of the heavy lifting, especially when they've got sight more money than the Council.

"... for the council to be trumpeting a piffly little amount like this which as said above will barely touch the sides" - Putting a 90 second video on the Council website is hardly "trumpeting", is it? While if they didn't publicise it, people might be asking what they were hiding etc.

"...on what is a totally derelict facility is pathetic." There are only two possible outcomes for the site: (A) Leave it as it is, or (B) redevelop the whole place (though not with a football club).

And in either case, spending more than the minimum necessary i.e. a new track, is arguably a waste of money.

Seems to be a Brentford WUM on LFW is the biggest opposition to a new Rangers stadium. In any form as it stands.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 05:53 - Sep 28 with 4132 viewsbarbicanranger

I did find it strange when RG revealed that during the FF. The last I heard there was a huge blow-up with the council over LCS yet at a not too distant fans forum in Sep23 we're hearing there have been two years of productive / collaborative talks with the same council. Did things not go full circle back to LCS?! Mysterious stuff. Probably talking to the arm and the leg of the organization on each site.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 08:53 - Sep 28 with 3981 viewsBostonR

The Council confirming the £250K investment in a tweet - hope the link works. The site looks worse than I thought. What is going on?
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 10:48 - Sep 28 with 3806 viewsSpongeParr

I doubt anything as big as some things mentioned will happen. I hope they do, it would be great to be part of a huge generation of the area but I just can't see it.

That a side and more of a comment, I think anything smaller than a 30k stadium would be a real miss. We obviously wouldn't sell it out week in, week out but to have the ability to grow into it is what we need. We will only get 1 shot (if we get that) so we need to maximize it and not be short sighted like previously.

Even a 30k stadium would put it as 29th largest.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 11:06 - Sep 28 with 3711 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 08:53 - Sep 28 by BostonR

The Council confirming the £250K investment in a tweet - hope the link works. The site looks worse than I thought. What is going on?

That watches like a hostage video. Has anyone got Liam Neeson's phone number?
Login to get fewer ads

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 11:12 - Sep 28 with 3684 viewsGloucs_R

The club needs to put out an official statement regarding this.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 11:31 - Sep 28 with 3626 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 11:12 - Sep 28 by Gloucs_R

Except they can't because they're not going to talk about this.

Because RG showed up at the Forum to answer the obvious question with a statement talking about it while Hoos talked about it by saying that they're not going to talk about it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 11:32 - Sep 28 with 3624 viewsfrancisbowles

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 08:53 - Sep 28 by BostonR

TBF as a club athletics stadium, of which I have visited a few, I've seen worse.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 11:34 - Sep 28 with 3605 viewsfrancisbowles

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 11:12 - Sep 28 by Gloucs_R

What are they supposed to say?
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 11:37 - Sep 28 with 3583 viewsRs_Holy

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 11:34 - Sep 28 by francisbowles

pretty much what Ruben said at the last fans forum.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 11:51 - Sep 28 with 3528 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 14:18 - Sep 27 by Northernr

Couple of interesting developments.

The council have announced £250,000 of public money to redevelop the LCS. Obviously could have had a brand new athletics stadium, changing facilities, cafe etc on us as part of our development but have gone for a new track and some floodlights on the public purse instead.

Also, this. The White City Regeneration Area is now on the council website. It pointedly includes our stadium, and a mention of us in the intro.

https://www.lbhf.gov.uk/planning/regeneration-transforming-our-borough/white-cit

The White City Regeneration Area sits within Hammersmith and Fulham and covers 110 hectares, including Shepherds Bush Town Centre, the BBC and Queens Park Rangers Football Club.

In terms of new development, we are focused on sites to the east of Wood Lane and north of the existing Westfield London shopping centre, but including BBC Television Centre.

We want to attract new homes and jobs, with a focus on creative industries and innovation in bio-medical research.

We’d like to create new areas of open space, improved facilities for local people and better pedestrian and cycling connections in light of the area’s physical barriers and create a mixed and balanced community.

So has anyone got any idea what sort of stage these plans are at? It says Major Planning Applications have been submitted but the link they've supplied is dead.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 12:16 - Sep 28 with 3452 viewsCateLeBonR

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 11:51 - Sep 28 by Padulas_Shampoo

So has anyone got any idea what sort of stage these plans are at? It says Major Planning Applications have been submitted but the link they've supplied is dead.

It could be the White City Central development. Which is redeveloping part of White City Estate I think.

https://www.lbhf.gov.uk/housing/building-homes-and-communities/white-city-centra
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 12:41 - Sep 28 with 3341 viewsHoopsie

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 16:15 - Sep 27 by jimf

Bzzz challenge.

I've worked on both Twickenham and Wembley. Both stadia let you on the pitch for production. Can prove it with photos or you can just take my word.

LR could in theory do this. The last block of safe standing is removable for pitch renovations. It would be tight but from memory you can just about get an HGV through.

Watch at 33secs of the pitch renovation video
And 3mins 15 secs in. That's some pretty big kit on the pitch.

The video is proof we are digging down

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 14:34 - Sep 28 with 3056 viewsfrancisbowles

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 11:37 - Sep 28 by Rs_Holy

pretty much what Ruben said at the last fans forum.

Does we really need to make an official statement saying what Ruben said at the Fans Forum?
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:36 - Sep 28 with 2920 viewsGloucs_R

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 11:34 - Sep 28 by francisbowles

We are sorry we've wasted 10 years p1ssing about with different sites...

We're stuck at LR....

Get used to no leg room for the long term....

Get used to sh1t facilities

Get used to no hot water in the ER bogs...

Something like that should do 😁

Poll: Are we staying up?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:54 - Sep 28 with 2873 viewsAntti_Heinola

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:36 - Sep 28 by Gloucs_R

We are sorry we've wasted 10 years p1ssing about with different sites...

We're stuck at LR....

Get used to no leg room for the long term....

Get used to sh1t facilities

Get used to no hot water in the ER bogs...

Something like that should do 😁

I'd rip out all seating in the SA and re-plant the seating with double the leg room and larger seats.

I'd then put safe standing across the whole of Ellerslie and lower tier at the School End.

Doubt that would affect capacity too much, but would mean less people in SAF, alleviating lots of issues, while having more standing and more atmos across the stadium. Me and Ruben are meeting about this next week as I have a degree in football stadium attendance.

Bare bones.

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 08:13 - Sep 29 with 2628 viewsstevec

It would make a huge difference and relative minimal cost to just replace the existing seat backs with something a tad more innovative such that the bastard frame doesn’t dig into you knees. A simple central back support would solve this issue but no one ever looks into it.

Also, at virtual zero cost, the club could issue a circular explaining to the cretins amongst us that if you need something out of your pocket when the match is progress, lean forward and then rummage about. That way, your fckin elbow won’t breach the row behind and, in particular, my knee cap.

One game a few years ago, I had someone in front of me suffering from what I can only describe as pocket Tourette’s. If you’re out there and still wondering why your jacket stank of cheap coffee when you got home, wonder no more.

Finally, late arrivals. I’m not talking about the minute or so lates, more the 10 minute lates, who seem to afflict our row in block F and the ones immediately in front of and behind. Let’s make it like the theatre, or the tennis. Arrive late and a steward says, sorry sir/madam, you can re enter as soon as the existing 45 minutes have been played out. Until then you can watch the game on the TV in our wonderfully windy concrete concourse or fck off home and come back later. I’m sure Sir/Madam you’ll understand. That’ll sort these laggards once and for all.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 10:09 - Sep 29 with 2504 viewsSpongeParr

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:54 - Sep 28 by Antti_Heinola

I'd rip out all seating in the SA and re-plant the seating with double the leg room and larger seats.

I'd then put safe standing across the whole of Ellerslie and lower tier at the School End.

Doubt that would affect capacity too much, but would mean less people in SAF, alleviating lots of issues, while having more standing and more atmos across the stadium. Me and Ruben are meeting about this next week as I have a degree in football stadium attendance.

If you do double the space, that' half the seats. How do you figure that there wouldn't be a los of seats when safe standing has exactly the same space as a normal seat?
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 10:10 - Sep 29 with 2500 viewsfrancisbowles

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 08:13 - Sep 29 by stevec

It would make a huge difference and relative minimal cost to just replace the existing seat backs with something a tad more innovative such that the bastard frame doesn’t dig into you knees. A simple central back support would solve this issue but no one ever looks into it.

Also, at virtual zero cost, the club could issue a circular explaining to the cretins amongst us that if you need something out of your pocket when the match is progress, lean forward and then rummage about. That way, your fckin elbow won’t breach the row behind and, in particular, my knee cap.

One game a few years ago, I had someone in front of me suffering from what I can only describe as pocket Tourette’s. If you’re out there and still wondering why your jacket stank of cheap coffee when you got home, wonder no more.

Finally, late arrivals. I’m not talking about the minute or so lates, more the 10 minute lates, who seem to afflict our row in block F and the ones immediately in front of and behind. Let’s make it like the theatre, or the tennis. Arrive late and a steward says, sorry sir/madam, you can re enter as soon as the existing 45 minutes have been played out. Until then you can watch the game on the TV in our wonderfully windy concrete concourse or fck off home and come back later. I’m sure Sir/Madam you’ll understand. That’ll sort these laggards once and for all.

At the risk of going off topic, you've got me started.
I'm also in F block. There are some who are late every game. Then whilst squeezing past others, now standing up, as they get to their friends, stop for a chat or even a kiss . Same individuals then proceed to rush out before half time, to get a beer, are late back and often leave before the final whistle. Wouldn't be quite so annoying, if they waited for a stoppage in play.
Rant over
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 10:46 - Sep 29 with 2402 viewsAntti_Heinola

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 10:09 - Sep 29 by SpongeParr

If you do double the space, that' half the seats. How do you figure that there wouldn't be a los of seats when safe standing has exactly the same space as a normal seat?

Don't bring me problems, bring me solutions ffs
[Post edited 29 Sep 2023 10:46]

Bare bones.

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 11:12 - Sep 29 with 2294 viewskensalriser

If it wasn't for flipping' elfinsafety we could stack 'em up on the roof Indian train style, increase the capacity by thousands. Put in a foot rest under the overhang, unlimited leg room and job's a goodun.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 11:14 - Sep 29 with 2274 viewsNorthernr

Revolving. Restaurant.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024