Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' 09:59 - Oct 2 with 6372 viewsSuddenLad

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/october/dalefanwall_october2023/?fbclid=

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 12:12 - Oct 2 with 4962 viewsTrev

Be nice to have a bit more information as where any proceeds are to be allocated.
Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 13:22 - Oct 2 with 4881 viewspioneer

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 12:12 - Oct 2 by Trev

Be nice to have a bit more information as where any proceeds are to be allocated.

I dont expect fundraising such as this will be earmarked….but we do have those interest payments to make to the chairman and other director, which we didnt have last season.
Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 13:37 - Oct 2 with 4851 viewswozzrafc

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 13:22 - Oct 2 by pioneer

I dont expect fundraising such as this will be earmarked….but we do have those interest payments to make to the chairman and other director, which we didnt have last season.

well we haven't actually taken the directors up on the loan yet. There has only been the provision made to facilitate the load if needed. So any proceeds from this type of fundraising would in fact go towards not needing to take a loan and pay interest.

This is not to dissimilar to the 'Buy a Brick' campaign they had years back when building one of the stands.

I think its a relatively good idea for people to make a donation to the club, knowing the predicament we are in, and getting some recognition.

If this idea was touted when we were raising cash to fight Morton House fans would have been all over it, so why not now?
[Post edited 2 Oct 2023 13:38]
Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' (n/t) (n/t) on 13:42 - Oct 2 with 4832 viewswozzrafc

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 12:12 - Oct 2 by Trev

[Post edited 2 Oct 2023 13:43]
Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 15:52 - Oct 2 with 4688 viewsDalenet

"By hook or by crook, please don't fook it up"

Got mine
Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 19:45 - Oct 2 with 4493 viewsD_Alien

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 13:37 - Oct 2 by wozzrafc

well we haven't actually taken the directors up on the loan yet. There has only been the provision made to facilitate the load if needed. So any proceeds from this type of fundraising would in fact go towards not needing to take a loan and pay interest.

This is not to dissimilar to the 'Buy a Brick' campaign they had years back when building one of the stands.

I think its a relatively good idea for people to make a donation to the club, knowing the predicament we are in, and getting some recognition.

If this idea was touted when we were raising cash to fight Morton House fans would have been all over it, so why not now?
[Post edited 2 Oct 2023 13:38]

The loan may be taken up sooner rather than later, with the Trust application for pitch Community funding having been rejected

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 11:57 - Oct 5 with 4033 viewsdalemark

some more info has been shared on the fan wall on 'X' this morning, & it transpires that the memorial wall will only happen if the fan wall sells sufficiently well.

hopefully the owner of this project within the club recorded some research / spoke to fans to see which 'wall' had the most appetite from fans, so that the second 'wall' had the highest chance of happening before committing to one or the other going first.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2023 11:57]
Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 12:41 - Oct 5 with 3942 viewsRodingdale

Frankly I wouldn’t trust the board with my money on this, given the perilous state of the finances - the wall could be bulldozed or suddenly go the way of the fixture board.
Login to get fewer ads

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 12:47 - Oct 5 with 3925 viewsDalenet

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 12:41 - Oct 5 by Rodingdale

Frankly I wouldn’t trust the board with my money on this, given the perilous state of the finances - the wall could be bulldozed or suddenly go the way of the fixture board.

We've had walls before haven't we - buy a brick type things. Are they still there? If so then no need to worry. But given the failure of the community grant application to buy the pitch, we are going to need to raise cash from somewhere. Clarity would help
Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 13:07 - Oct 5 with 3903 viewsRodingdale

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 12:47 - Oct 5 by Dalenet

We've had walls before haven't we - buy a brick type things. Are they still there? If so then no need to worry. But given the failure of the community grant application to buy the pitch, we are going to need to raise cash from somewhere. Clarity would help

Things are different now;

The chairman has mentioned administration, put in place an emergency loan and is seeking a new investor. We have had no communication from the board since the rather chastening fans forum and EGM. More mushroom management and then the cheek to ask for money for a wall.

Who knows what the new investors will want to do?

We’ve not been in this position before and the only walls this board know how to build is between them and the fan base.
Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 17:02 - Oct 5 with 3806 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 12:47 - Oct 5 by Dalenet

Unaware of the Community Grant application having failed.....is there any report on this,as to why?
Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 17:18 - Oct 5 with 3786 viewsD_Alien

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 17:02 - Oct 5 by Yorkshire_Dale

Unaware of the Community Grant application having failed.....is there any report on this,as to why?

Referred to this the other day. It was made public in the latest Trust monthly newsletter, but tucked away in the middle of a paragraph about other stuff as if to keep it as low key as possible. Was also mentioned the application may be resubmitted

Given the high profile nature of the directors loan being agreed, this bid was seen as one means of not having to go ahead with the loan, so why it wasn't better publicised is another question. In fact, that was the context in which i mention the failed bid, suggesting the loan might now have to go ahead sooner rather than later

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 12:20 - Oct 8 with 3442 viewsJames1980

What were the reasons for the grant being declined and are any of them things the volunteer army could work on resolving?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 12:45 - Oct 8 with 3415 viewsTVOS1907

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 12:20 - Oct 8 by James1980

What were the reasons for the grant being declined and are any of them things the volunteer army could work on resolving?

As already mentioned, it wasn't said.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 12:50 - Oct 8 with 3414 views442Dale

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 12:20 - Oct 8 by James1980

Specific details about the opportunities for volunteers are due to be released by the end of this week.

On the other subjects raised in this thread it is crucial the fans meeting the Trust have planned is confirmed as soon as possible. The lack of clarity around our current situation is becoming an obvious problem.
The importance of this fans meeting was established in the Trust newsletter released at the start of October:
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/10/trust-newsletter-october/

<<“ We have a fans meeting planned for later this month. It is currently booked in for the morning of the Oldham game. However, given the issues that we faced when we held a meeting ahead of the Bromley game, we are looking at what will be the best way of hosting that event. It is important that such a meeting is held ahead of our meeting with the Directors a few days later, but with a larger crowd expected for this game, it may be counter productive. We will update members sooner rather than later with respect to this.”>>

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 18:19 - Oct 17 with 2814 viewsJames1980

Bump

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 20:17 - Oct 17 with 2723 views49thseason

This is just more fishing in the same pond, eventually there are no more fish....
I don't need plaque to remind me about how much money I have sunk into this club over the last 63 seasons

And how much of the £80 or £150 are this lot taking?
https://www.intagliocreative.co.uk/materials-we-engrave/zinc/
Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 20:37 - Oct 17 with 2696 viewsJames1980

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 20:17 - Oct 17 by 49thseason

This is just more fishing in the same pond, eventually there are no more fish....
I don't need plaque to remind me about how much money I have sunk into this club over the last 63 seasons

Is it helpful to put others off buying one though? At least this gives something tangible for a 'donation'.

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 20:42 - Oct 17 with 2680 views442Dale

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 20:37 - Oct 17 by James1980

Is it helpful to put others off buying one though? At least this gives something tangible for a 'donation'.

Can see where you’re coming from but until supporters see some sort of proper explanation of where we are and what the plan is, things like this look like chucking stuff against the wall and see what sticks.

All puns intended.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 20:43 - Oct 17 with 2672 viewsRodingdale

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 20:37 - Oct 17 by James1980

If you have any spare cash (!) - better to donate to the Trust to buy shares i’d suggest. The trust is a better custodian of the shares than the board - IMHO
Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 20:47 - Oct 17 with 2651 viewsD_Alien

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 20:17 - Oct 17 by 49thseason

Not to mention those who might struggle to afford such a "luxury"

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 21:12 - Oct 17 with 2605 viewsJames1980

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 20:42 - Oct 17 by 442Dale

Can see where you’re coming from but until supporters see some sort of proper explanation of where we are and what the plan is, things like this look like chucking stuff against the wall and see what sticks.

All puns intended.

I bumped the thread in response to a comment insinuating the wolf is about to ring the doorbell.
How much is this going to raise after costs? If this money isn't raised what are the alternative? Are the unbought shares still available to be purchased in small tranches?

Are the club not revealing the full situation because that could exacerbate problems further? For example suppliers concerned about payment not giving credit terms and demanding payment on delivery.

I'm also sure no one expects any fan to spend money on a luxury they cannot afford to support the club. If finances mean attending one game a season and buying a pin badge then contribution is a 'valued' as someone whose finances mean that they can afford to purchase a corporate box.

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 21:52 - Oct 17 with 2568 viewsDalenet

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 21:12 - Oct 17 by James1980

I bumped the thread in response to a comment insinuating the wolf is about to ring the doorbell.
How much is this going to raise after costs? If this money isn't raised what are the alternative? Are the unbought shares still available to be purchased in small tranches?

Are the club not revealing the full situation because that could exacerbate problems further? For example suppliers concerned about payment not giving credit terms and demanding payment on delivery.

I'm also sure no one expects any fan to spend money on a luxury they cannot afford to support the club. If finances mean attending one game a season and buying a pin badge then contribution is a 'valued' as someone whose finances mean that they can afford to purchase a corporate box.

That first sentence is unhelpful James if it spooks people that don't need spooking like sponsors. We have a Trust member on the Board. I would expect him to be doing something if that really was the case - like resign and explain why. He hasn't and we aren't. Has the directors proposed cash injection been drawn on as yet? We should be taking in c£100k this weekend in ticket sales and other revenues.
Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 22:04 - Oct 17 with 2545 views49thseason

Im not stopping anyone from buying one, my point is they keep coming to the same people for ever more money. I entirely get a memorial wall, we deserve one for long service, I would even put money in my will for one. Speaking of which, why have they not handed out the paperwork to make a donation to the club from our estates like lots of charities seem to be doing at the moment?
I dont even go anywhere near the players entrance so having my own name on a wall just seems well... odd.

What could we be doing to entice people with little connection to,the club to spend £80 or £100? That seems to me to be a better question than how much more can we get from 2000 regular customers.
Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 22:32 - Oct 17 with 2494 viewsJames1980

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 21:52 - Oct 17 by Dalenet

That first sentence is unhelpful James if it spooks people that don't need spooking like sponsors. We have a Trust member on the Board. I would expect him to be doing something if that really was the case - like resign and explain why. He hasn't and we aren't. Has the directors proposed cash injection been drawn on as yet? We should be taking in c£100k this weekend in ticket sales and other revenues.

The post which ended "Every Dale fan should be very concerned" was my motivation. I would have thought comments about weekly losses and Saturday being a sticking plaster regarding finance would also spook.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024