Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Changing Avatar - FAILED but says it has changed. 11:11 - Oct 4 with 767 viewssfcsim

Hi,

I am trying to change my avatar which I tried twice last night and twice again this morning, refreshed my browser, but still has the blurry sideways on photo rather than my SFCSIM back of shirt one from the turn of the century! Any ideas or is the site terrible for changing these things?

Same old shite, just another league!

Changing Avatar - FAILED but says it has changed. on 15:46 - Oct 4 with 714 viewsLondonSaint76

Check the file format the new image is saved as in comparison to the old image. For example, a lot of sites can’t handle .psd format images (Adobe Photoshop) and quite a few other file formats besides - I had the same problem with my current avatar as I used PS to put the Saints badge on the flag on the moon and saved it as a .psd image but this site would not change to the new image until I went back into PS and saved the image as a .jpeg. Might be a similar problem at your end or something else that I can’t help with. Check it out anyway….

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Changing Avatar - FAILED but says it has changed. on 20:41 - Oct 4 with 654 viewssfcsim

Changing Avatar - FAILED but says it has changed. on 15:46 - Oct 4 by LondonSaint76

Check the file format the new image is saved as in comparison to the old image. For example, a lot of sites can’t handle .psd format images (Adobe Photoshop) and quite a few other file formats besides - I had the same problem with my current avatar as I used PS to put the Saints badge on the flag on the moon and saved it as a .psd image but this site would not change to the new image until I went back into PS and saved the image as a .jpeg. Might be a similar problem at your end or something else that I can’t help with. Check it out anyway….

Hi,

I am just uploading from my photo library from the iPad. Not sure what else I can do really.

Changing Avatar - FAILED but says it has changed. on 21:13 - Oct 4 with 638 viewsSaintNick

Changing Avatar - FAILED but says it has changed. on 20:41 - Oct 4 by sfcsim

Hi,

I am just uploading from my photo library from the iPad. Not sure what else I can do really.

If you send a private message to support, they will respond to your query

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Changing Avatar - FAILED but says it has changed. on 14:07 - Oct 5 with 568 viewssfcsim

Changing Avatar - FAILED but says it has changed. on 21:13 - Oct 4 by SaintNick

If you send a private message to support, they will respond to your query

Thanks Nick, I hope you are well. You probably don’t remember me, but played against the Spurs fanzine back in 2001/2. When the likes of Dot, Mosschops, and VESCO were on here among others. These was a FDC (Friday drinking club) every week. Don’t suppose many if any of the old crowd are about anymore?

Changing Avatar - FAILED but says it has changed. on 00:14 - Oct 7 with 496 viewsLondonSaint76

Changing Avatar - FAILED but says it has changed. on 20:41 - Oct 4 by sfcsim

Hi,

Hi,

Apologies for the dealy in getting back to you. I have done a bit of research and come up wihth the following:

I asked Google - what file format does an ipad photo library picture save as?

The reply was as follows: HEIC files are the default format for images across your Apple devices, so it should be easy to open them on your Mac, iPad or iPhone. Just right-click on the file and select Open with Preview – the file should then launch in the Preview program. Alternatively, you can import the files to your Photos app or upload them to Dropbox.

After the issues I had trying to upload a .psd Photoshop file format to the UI site (which were exactly the same as you are having now) I am guessing the UI site won't like HEIC files either. So, I asked Google again for a solution, namely how to make an HEIC file into a .jpeg, and here is the reply:

A way to convert iPad photos to JPG is through the File app. The process of using this app is straightforward. All you need is to copy the pictures you want to convert from the Photos app, paste them in the File app, and then your images will be automatically converted to JPG format. After that, you can either share these pictures with others or download them on your iPad.

Here's how to convert iPad pictures to JPG using the File app:

Step 1.
First of all, you'll need to copy the images you wish to convert from the Photos app.
* Open the Photos app on your iPad.
* Tap the "Select" option in the upper right corner.
* Select your desired photos and tap the Share icon in the bottom left corner.
* On the "Share" page, select the "Copy Photo" option.
* Copy photos from the Photos app

Step 2.
Next, you'll need to paste the pictures into the File app.
* Open the File app on your iPad.
* Select "On My iPad." (iCloud photos on the iPad is another available location for storing converted files, but it keeps files in the cloud instead of iPhone)
* Long-press, hold any blank area, and select "New Folder." Give this new folder a name and click "Done."
* Open the newly created folder, tap and hold the empty place, and then select "Paste."
* Then, your HEIC pictures will be converted to JPG format. You can share them with others or download these photos on your device.

Hope this helps solve the problem.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 0:33]

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024